PDA

View Full Version : Quid, Quis, Quidne- A Harry Potter Universe RPG (Sign-ups)

Mewtwo-D2
23rd July 2005, 11:44 PM
It is a time of great joy for the wizarding world. A mere five years ago, the infant Harry Potter vanquished Lord Voldemort- the most evil wizard in a century. With his eleven-year reign of terror still fresh in the minds of Britain's wizarding population, the last five years of peace have been a cause for celebration. Parents sending their children to Hogwarts for their first year are proud to know that their children will one day be in school with the famous Harry. However, the celebrating is tinged with the shadow of Voldemort's name, still not spoken by any save a handful. There are still twinges of uncertainty that he has indeed gone forever, but the joy of being rid of him opens up many new possibilities...

Okay, in this game I'm attempting to make a realistic Harry Potter universe game. I feel that the reason most of the HP games fail is the characters made really don't fit the universe, so the universe is bent around them, until it breaks. Therefore, there are some rules that I have to set up before we get started on sign-up's, so you can decide whether you want to be involved or not.

1) Odd powers must be kept to a minimum. No Animagi. I may allow one Metamorphmagus, but they'll be inexperienced. Yes, you can be good at certain things, even exceptionally so. You can even create your own special class, provided it's reasonable. But Animagi and Metamorphmagi are EXTREMELY rare.
2) No half-breeds, please. There are no elves, demons, or angels in the Harry Potter Universe, so you can't be a half-breed with one of them. Half-giants are very rare and Hagrid has said he has never met one aside from Madam Maxime. No werewolves, no vampires. If you feel you MUST play a half-breed, I'll allow part goblins.
3) Wands have ONE core. They don't have to be the Ollivander's standards of unicorn hair, dragon heartstring, and phoenix feathers, but if they aren't, don't say they're Ollivander creations.
4) Try to keep your pets more standard. They aren't familiars- they're pets. They can't speak to you, they can't transform, and they don't enhance your powers in any way. And if they aren't toads, cats, or owls, they better be small enough to escape notice.
5) Please try to keep in your House standard. Original characters are fantastic, but a friendly, people-loving Slytherin who gets along with everyone because they're just that good-hearted?
6) In this timeline, Bill and Charlie Weasley will be in school. Bill is in his fifth year, Charlie in his third. If you're in Gryffindor, you'd definitely know them, and you can take a few liberties with them if you wish. But please, don't overuse them. By the by, the year is 1986.

For my part, there are classes, points will be awarded towards the House Cup, and Quidditch matches will count towards the Quidditch Cup. The only taken position on the Quidditch teams is Charlie is the Seeker for Gryffindor. I want to do what I can to make this game both fun and successful, but I need a lot of help from players to do it.

Classes (no more than 12 can be taken at once, 12 being a very heavy load. 9 or 10 more likely):
Ancient Runes
Arithmancy
Astronomy
Care of Magical Creatures
Charms
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Divination
Flying (First-years ONLY)
Herbology
History of Magic
Muggle Studies
Potions
Transfiguration

Houses:
Gryffindor: Values bravery:
Plantae
Green Lanturn

Slytherin: Values ambition: FULL
Outlaw JT
Chris 2.0
Tokyo Magnum
Milkychunk

Ravenclaw: Values cleverness:
Mewtwo-D2
VirtualPlay
Nabooru23

Hufflepuff: Values hard work:
The_Missing_Link
*Claimed spot for my sister* (She's having a problem with registration, so is posting under my name for now)
Chris Watarimono

Sign-up:
Name:
Year:
House:
Wand:
Classes:
Description:
Personality:
(Brief) History:
(Obligatory) Other:

(Note, spots on Quidditch teams and prefects go in Other. If anyone wishes to play a prefect, please PM me)

Name: Galatia Astrean
Year: 4
House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Linden, 10 3/4 inches, containing a tail hair from a female unicorn. Slender and delicate, good for charm work.
Classes: Ancient Runes, Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Muggle Studies, Potions, Transfiguration
Description: About average height- 5'7'', a little bit on the plump, curvy side. She has shoulder-length, dark-brown, wavy hair, has long-lashed hazel eyes, and pale, freckled skin. Usually ties her hair back in a loose bun, held in place with a spare quill. She wears fairly large black-rimmed glasses, and usually has spots of ink on her robes.
Personality: A shy, dreamy bookworm, though not a very studious one. Does fairly in her classes, mostly because of outside reading, as she rarely has much interest in the textbook. Is often seen jotting unknown notes on spare bits of parchment, or making notes in her textbooks. Spends a lot of free time in the library or in the Ravenclaw Common Room.
(Brief) History: Galatia's family is pure-blood on both sides. Her father is a Broomstick Crafter who works for the Cleansweep brand and her mother is a housewitch who writes occasional articles for Witch Weekly. She has three siblings- two brothers and one sister, her sister being the eldest at 19 (is working for Gladrags Wizard Wear), and both her brothers younger, at 11 and 8. Her brother, Benen, was sorted into Hufflepuff. The family lives in Hogsmeade, so Galatia has been surrounded by magic her entire life, and knows very little about Muggles.
(Obligatory) Other: Wishes to follow in her mother's footsteps as an amateur journalist.

VirtualPlay
24th July 2005, 12:22 AM
Holy crap it's back! And how!

I will join, but I have to tell you your dates are off. In 1986 Charlie would have been in his 3rd year, and Bill in his 5th. Had Charlie been in his 2nd year in 1986, he would have been in his 7th year when Harry started in 1991, and therefore the Gryffindor team wouldn't have needed Harry as the new Seeker until his second year.

Just thought I'd point that out for you.

Mewtwo-D2
24th July 2005, 12:29 AM
All right, I'll fix that... there's some leeway with the ages, since, as JK Rowling admits, math is not her strong suit. Supposedly, Bill is two years older than Charlie, who is three years older than Percy, who is two years older than the twins, who are two years older than Ron, who is one year older than Ginny. So Bill is 9 or 10 years older than Ron, and Harry is five months younger than Ron. This part always makes my head hurt...

VirtualPlay
24th July 2005, 02:15 AM
Name: Mike Rampart
Year: 2
Wand: Birch, 8 1/4 inches, core of Dragon Heartstring
Classes: Astronomy, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions, Transfiguration
Description: Average height for his age, though slightly lighter; his skin is a fair peachy color, his hair short and dark brown, and his eyes are a deep green in color. He wears thin-framed, slim oval glasses and is almost always seen with a non-class book under his arm.
Personality: Mike is one who needs very little studying to do well, and he can churn out essays faster than anyone else in his year or in the year above. He absorbs knowledge from the teachers without thinking and can repeat just about anything they've said with respect to their subject. He also rarely needs to read a book more than once. With other people he's very friendly, and doesn't take their lack of his intelligence as an insult.
(Brief) History: Mike was interesting from the beginning, being born a very able wizard to two very Squib parents. He was showing signs of magic as early as two, and his parents (who had decided to live life as much like Muggles as they could) quickly sought the aid of their more magically-inclined relatives and friends. Mike grew up, living like a Muggle, but learning plenty about the wizarding world to help him through his life when he went to Hogwarts. Other than that, he's led a normal life, with nothing particularly interesting happening.
(Obligatory) Other: Is going to be Seeker (after tryouts, of course)

Outlaw JT
24th July 2005, 05:40 AM
Name: Marshall O'Leary
Year: 5th
House: Slytherin
Wand: Cherrywood, 11 inches, core of ground up basilisk scales (wand is a family heirloom), strong and sharp, perfect for dueling.
Classes: ancient runes, astronomy, care of magical creatures, charms, defense against the dark arts, history of magic, potions, and transfiguration
Description: Marshall is just a bit tall for his age at 6 feet and stands out a bit further with his bright and messy red hair. His eyes are a light but shiny blue. He has a moderate build, not really skinny but not at all on the plump side either. You might say he was strongly built though he refrains from showing off that fact unless someone is being particularly stubborn. He has the kind of firm voice that makes people listen.
Personality: He is strong willed, competitive, and determined but unlike many other Slytherins he is fair. By his view it's not really a competition, and hence not really a victory, if you cheat to win. He is very driven and overly defensive about his family. He is fair but he is not excessively patient. He can be provoked by someone who continually defends a position that has been proven wrong if they have been ordered to abandon it by a superior (superior meaning a head boy/girl or an instructor)
(Brief) History: The O'Leary's were once a very wealthy and prominent wizarding family. Over time though, both their wealth and reputation faded. When it almost seemed their family had hit it's lowest (having to sell their ancestral manor to pay off debts) Voldemort rose to power. Seeking to regain some of their family honor and name, Marshall's greedy uncle pledged his support for the dark lord. The rest of the family did not but that hardly mattered to public opinion. So, Marshall grew up in shadow with his family being feared because of his uncle's allegiance to Voldemort. When Voldemort fell, and his uncle sent to Azkaban, Marshall found that his family was shunned and ridiculed even though they had never supported Voldemort. Wanting to restore his family's name and standing he decided he wanted to become an auror, to stand against beings like Voldemort. Although he is very good at heart he is also very driven and ambitious for the sake of his family so when his first year came he was sorted into Slytherin. He has developed quite the reputation in his years at Hogwart's as being strict with those who would break rules but still being fair. Many students have learned that he is an alright fellow despite being in Slytherin but many more have learned it is unwise to cross him.
(Obligatory) Other: Marshall is a prefect and a beater for the Slytherin house quidditch team. He is also their newly appointed Captain as their last captain just graduated the previous year. He excells at Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, and Charms but is only an average student in his other classes, performing only well enough to get through them without raising the instructor's notice. He has a female great horned owl named Valkyrie (http://www.owlpages.com/image.php?image=species-Bubo-virginianus-1).

Mewtwo-D2
24th July 2005, 11:24 AM
I'll make a d10 roll to see if you can be. Call a number between 10 and 100, you have a 1 in 10 chance. Same goes for anyone who wants a rare and interesting power (excepting Animagi)

Sign-up's look very good so far. I'm hoping this will be an excellent game.

Outlaw JT
24th July 2005, 01:24 PM
I'll make a d10 roll to see if you can be. Call a number between 10 and 100, you have a 1 in 10 chance. Same goes for anyone who wants a rare and interesting power (excepting Animagi)

Sign-up's look very good so far. I'm hoping this will be an excellent game.

Mewtwo-D2
24th July 2005, 01:44 PM
Sorry, I rolled a 20. You aren't able to actually talk to snakes, but you may have an especial affinity with them.

Arnen
24th July 2005, 02:48 PM
*read Half-Blood Prince yesterday* :ninja:

~Name: Erin McDaniel
~Age: 11
~Gender: Female
~Year: 1st
~House: Ravenclaw (too wimpy for Gryffindor, too lazy for Hufflepuff, too friendly for Slytherin, too smart for her own good :xd: )
~Wand: A Gregorovich: Ebony, 10 1/2 inches, with a core of dried and powdered vampire blood (It still holds magical power, but can't turn anyone into a vamp or anything). Good for transfiguration and charms, but not very good for self-defense or dueling.
~Classes:
Charms
Flying
Herbology
History of Magic
Potions
Transfiguration (her best class)
Astronomy (?)
~Description: She's average height for her age, around 5', and is slightly skinny but not particularly bony or anything. Her complexion is somewhat pale, though in the summer her arms tan rather easily. She has brown-black hair that curls slightly towards the front and falls just to her shoulders, and a small smattering of freckles adorn her cheeks, to her dismay, below bright green eyes. Her nose is slightly large, but in perfect proportion to her face, so one hardly notices. Her robes are usually in a state of miscare, owing to her laziness and unwillingness to put more effort than she has to into her appearance. She has a pewter necklace of a serpentine dragon coiled around a sword with a plastic ruby set in the hilt, given to her as a going-away present by her best friend before she moved.
~Personality: She's smart, able to do difficult mathematics in her head without really thinking, and able to spew out A-worthy essays without too much effort or preperation. Capable of doing great things when she applies herself, the problem being that she's usually too lazy to do just that. She doesn't like to prepare for things she doesn't want to do, and is a huge procrastinator, who actually works well under pressure. She values her friends, and she likes to spend time with them, though she does enjoy being alone with her thoughts sometimes. When with said friends, she's rather crazy and unpredictable, but she does keep a level head and doesn't like taking risks unless the odds are on her side. When she's around people she doesn't know, she tends to close up, unless she feels a connection to someone. She usually keeps her promises and doesn't lie, unless of course it suits her, and she spins very convincing tales. She adores video games and has a little obsession with the occult.
~History: Born of muggle parents into an upper-middle class American family. Her father is from England, and after her mother's death when she was nine, she moved with her father to London, to be closer to his family. Her father got a job working for a manufacturing company. She never really fit in there, and always seemed a bit clutzy. She does have a few friends, though, and when she was addmitted into Hogwarts, she told them she was admitted into a private school, which, considering her considerable abilities, they believed. She meets Mike after the Sorting Ceremony.
~Other: Shows interest in Quidditch, which is odd, because she doesn't usually like sports, and would like to be a Chaser once she's old enough. Gets the hang of flying rather quickly as she does most thing she shows interest in, though she doesn't get off to a very good start. Also, she has a lithe, (spayed) female grey cat with black stripes, named Aggie.

I think that all first-years take the same courses: Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Flying, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions, and Transfiguration (maybe Astronomy too, can't remember). Might be the same for second-years too, but I'm not sure.

Outlaw JT
24th July 2005, 03:06 PM
Sorry, I rolled a 20. You aren't able to actually talk to snakes, but you may have an especial affinity with them.

No problem....... I am curious how you roll a 20 with a d10 though.

Also, shouldn't there be a place in the form for what pet you have? All students are supposed to have a pet, right? At least they are if I am remembering the Hogwart's acceptance letter correctly.

Mewtwo-D2
24th July 2005, 03:13 PM
I rolled a d10 that goes 00, 10, 20, so on. If I had rolled 10, all numbers below 10 would work. Pets would go in Others, as students are simply allowed them.

For vampire blood, you'd need some more explanation. Perhaps a Gregorovich creation?

The game will be starting after the Sorting Ceremony (I'm not good at rhymes, I don't think I could write a worthy Sorting Hat song).

Arnen
24th July 2005, 03:19 PM
For vampire blood, you'd need some more explanation. Perhaps a Gregorovich creation?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking ^^

Plantae
24th July 2005, 03:49 PM
[size=8pt]Name
Joseph Faust
Year
Sixth
House
Gryffindor
Wand
Faust: Kapok with a dull gray appearance, resilient, sharp, and pliable to an extent (an all around wand); the core is made from the feathers of an Occamy. Joseph's magic is precise and calmly executed, with all the fluidity of flight.
Classes
Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Potions, Transfiguration

Description
Joseph stands at six feet with a build that is quite lithe due to his fast metabolism but with a concealed lean muscle that becomes evident only in his strong grip and tolerance to pain. His facial figures are attractive and somewhat noble, a bold chin and nose, and distant forest green eyes. His bushy black eyebrows are often raised in an expression of suspicion, and his rather grim smile is full of polished and only a shade below completely white, teeth. Joseph's hair falls just slight past his ears and is a dirty blonde, requiring little maintenance because of its shaggy style. Acne peppers the right side of his hairline, but otherwise his complexion is white and unmarred except by a small line of scar tissue on his left cheek. Joseph tends to give off a distant air.

Personality
Joseph has a large intellect and holds a good memory that simply absorbs information and does so quickly. However, when completing a project he makes sure everything is done right the first time (slowly and methodically). Though he might not realize it himself, Joseph places an equal priority on virtue, often sacrificing his remaining free time to help someone in need or comfort someone in a dreary mood. His thought patterns are often much skewed, thinking of mindful and creative approaches to problems. More generous than many of his age, Joseph is rather altruistic when in comes down to it. On the outside he might appear a cold and strong willed wizard who relentlessly faces every challenge to be found, but little acts of kindness slip past his barriers that make people want to get to know his other side a little better. Despite this, his demeanor is still usually contemplative and reclusive.

History
Joseph's first manifestations of magic were evident by the time he was two and his parents, Irina and Viktor, were delighted that their child showed such able talent at such an early age. His mother was part of an exploration team that extracted ancient magical artifacts, and his father worked in the Ministry of Magic, most of his work related to the legalization of newly created spells. His ancestry is not entirely pureblood, muggle heritage on both sides of the family, but this does not bother Joseph in the least.

At the age of four, his sister Lyra was born to great excitement. Unlike Joseph's already quiet personality and manner, Lyra soon became boisterous and outspoken in contrast to her brother. She attends Hogwarts and has been sorted into Hufflepuff and also has a natural affinity for Quidditch. She managed to gain the Chaser position in her first year, having had considerable schooling from Joseph's father before ever coming to Hogwarts. Joseph's disinterest in Quidditch (despite a moderate ability to fly a broom) has caused a bit of a rift between his father and him. They also share different views on society in general, which makes coming home for the holidays extremely difficult. Last Christmas, Joseph was in such a quarrel with his father over the Ministry of Magic (which his father insufferably approves of despite any action) that he did not go home.

Joseph's wand was manufactured by his uncle on his mother's side, his mother coming from the business but rejoicing that her brother chose to continue it instead. His uncle's son Ivan attends Hogwarts and was sorted to Hufflepuff, now in his fourth year. Though not as well known as Ollivander's, Faust wands (situated in Russia, Joseph's home country) are equally well crafted.

When Joseph was first sorted, the decision of where to put him took the Sorting Hat nearly half a minute. Suited for Gryffindor and Ravenclaw mostly, the Sorting Hat finally settled on Gryffindor despite evidence to the contrary. During his time at Hogwarts, he has had a rather spotless record for troublemaking (clever enough to escape notice) and his classes. In his OWLS last year he received E's in all his classes except Defense Against the Dark Arts and History of Magic, which he received an "O" and "A" respectively. Due to these marks, and to his own choosing, he no longer takes History of Magic or Astronomy.

Other
Joseph does not excel in any of his classes, showing admirable talent and above average marks in each of them. If his talent were to be placed, it would be in his quick thinking (during dueling in particular). Joseph has invested a considerable amount of his free time creating new spells and testing them, leaflets of parchment in his trunk are full of the scribbles of his work. For this (small) experimentation, he owns a book on the Latin Roots of spells. Joseph owns a three-year-old tamed Jobberknoll that acts as an owl. The male bird named Naen is reliable but reluctant on long flights, and has an almost sarcastic attitude, and resides in his dorm room due to its bright blue color.

Arnen
24th July 2005, 04:57 PM
I forgot to put in her cat, so I did that XP

Chris 2.1
24th July 2005, 06:06 PM
This sounds interesting, but I've never done an RPG before. I go on holiday tomorrow and will be back on Friday. So I'll sign up now, and see you on Friday ^^;;

Sign-up:

Name: Raven Zunissi

Year: Uhh *checks* 6th

Wand: Raven has an Ollivander Wand. It is 11 inches in length, made from mahogany. It has the hair of a Male Unicorn in the core. While being a good wand for transfiguration, it is not as adept at charm-work. However it looks very handsome.

Classes: Transfiguration, Charms (albeit Raven is doing poorly), Herbology, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Care of Magical Creatures, Astronomy, Potions, Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies

Description: Raven is just under 6 feet tall. He is slim, but by no means skinny. His hair is an interesting blonde/brown mix, resulting in a fudgey brown colour with many blonde hairs also visible. It hangs just above his eyes and easily obscures his vision, which can be fixed with a swish of his head. Raven has a somewhat pale complexion, and in addition has high, prominent cheekbones and a sturdy face. Midnight blue eyes shine blissfully on his face, and his pale lips are neither thin nor fat. He has large hands and feet. Often he looks calm, with a somewhat serious demanour within. His teeth are not the white one sees in the clouds, but all the same remain very straight, and clean, and as white as can be expected by any non-magical means. His face has no traces of acne. His eyebrows are rather thin, and are a light brown colour.

Personality: Raven is a vain young man. Not to the extent he admires himself in a spoon, but the boy takes great pride in his appearence, and believes himself a handsome fellow. He can be quiet; an observant type, and often mocks those who are very outspoken in their opinions. Raven has a small circle of friends, but it appears to get smaller with each aspect of his personality he decides to demonstrate. As a result, he has become somewhat enclosed and shut off, for fear he may lose respect from his peers. One to often grasp any respect or admiration, Raven is, in short, a very lonely person at heart.

(Brief) History: Raven grew up with his Mother and Father in Oxford. His Mother, Clara, and his Father, Matthias, are both very young and handsome themselves. He recieved his wand at the age of 10, and excelled in Transfiguration and Astronomy while progressing through school. However, Raven has often been, and still is, pressured by his Father. His Father is not a strong wizard, and therefore piles a lot of encouragement onto his son. Taking Charms, Raven found himself to do avarage (if not poorly) at it, and has a dislike of the subject. However, his interest in Muggles (Or perhaps the superiority he feels he has over them) led him to study the subject. To his peers, Raven explained his mother told him to stick with Astronomy. However, unbeknownst to them, he enjoys the subject very much.

When he first arrived at Hogwarts, it was a tough choice for the Sorting Hat. Not as tough as others, perhaps, but certainly, Raven could be suitable for Hufflepuff, the hard working house, or else Slytherin, where, beneath the pressure, and the reputation he had to upkeep lay an ingrowing ambition. The Sorting Hat saw this, sensed this, and placed Raven in Slytherin. Raven is no coward, but will certainly choose his own life over that of another.

Clara Zunissi is a DJ for the WWN (Wireless Wizarding Network), while Matthias simply works at Flourish and Blotts. It seems to be Clara's position (for she is, to an extent, well known among wizards and witches alike) that planted Raven's ambition. He feels, however, obliged to be something special. Something clever and worthwhile, as opposed to (as he sees his mothers job) 'A renowned chatterbox'.

(Obligatory) Other: Excels particularly at Transfiguration and Astronomy. Is very good at his other subjects, except perhaps Charms, which seems to be his poor point. Despite showing an interest, Raven is disturbed by the lack of academic spine to subjects such as Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. He has a Tawny Owl, named Laguma. His parents frequently send him letters. Raven is hoping, for he does not yet know, that he will be a prefect.

I'll PM you regarding the Prefect thingy.

EDIT: Edited to 6th Year :D

Green Lanturn
24th July 2005, 07:23 PM
Name:Rebecca DeMauro

Year:Third

House:Gryffindor

Wand:Ollivanders. Yew, 11 1/2 Inches, light and supple with a single feather from the tail of a phoenix.

Classes:

~Transfiguration
~Herbology
~Potions
~Defense against the Dark Arts
~Charms
~Care of Magical Creatures
~Divination
~Arithmancy
~Astronomy
~History of Magic

Description:Julia is about 5'5" with pale skin. She has long, light-brown hair down to her mid-back. Her eyes are hazel. She is pretty slim and has good posture. She likes jewely and can often be seen wearing silver chains, rings, and bracelets, though none are enchanted or cursed.

Personality:She is really nice, and, like her house quality, she is very brave when it comes to her friends. She is also not afraid to stand up for herself. She is somewhat intelligent, but she really doesnt care for studying, she is more adventurous.

(Brief) History:Rebecca has lived with her parents for most of her life in London. As her parents were both wizards and witches(mothers family was muggle-born though), she spent most of her youth in Diagon Alley. She was fascinated by the wizarding world, and couldnt have been more overjoyed to receive her hogwarts letter. She was surprised however to be put in gryffindor, as her father was from hufflepuff, and her mother from ravenclaw.

Other:She plays Chaser for the quidditch team, she got in during her second year. She also has a tawny owl, male, named Raff.

The_Missing_Link
24th July 2005, 10:24 PM
Name: Sarah Hallaway
Year: Four
House: Hufflepuff
Wand: Maple, 10 1/2 inches, contains a feather of a griffin
Classes: Defense Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy, Muggle Studies, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures
Description: She's a lean girl at 5'6, although hides a strong build. Her hair is a dirty blond and comes down to her shoulders although it's usually drawn back into a ponytail. Her eyes are an icy blue/gray and her nose is strong, yet not overpowering at the same time. Her skin color is like her father's - tanned from spending too many days out in the sun playing Quidditch
Personality: Sarah is quite a mixture of all four houses: she's brave, smart, hard working and very ambitious. Because of this, it was quite difficult to place her in one house but apparently, her worth ethic outshone everything else and the hat eventually put her in Hufflepuff. This doesn't mean she's perfect though. Among a group, she's on the introverted side and is more of a follower. That's why she prefers to be alone or with one or two other people. She also has a hard time writing quickly and ends up being one of the last ones to finish an essay or a written test
(Brief) History: Sarah was born among muggles, although her mother is a pure blood and her father a half-blood. Her mother, who works in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office in the Ministry of Magic (and thus knowing Arthur Weasley to an extent), went into labor while examining a dishwasher in an appliance shop. Her father, who then at the time was working at the Leaky Cauldron, apparated as quickly as he could to the hospital she was rushed to and was luckily not seen by anyone. He arrived just as she gave birth and fainted from the sheer excitement of it all.

While her mother still works in the same division, her father now plays professional Quidditch as a Keeper for the Falmouth Falcons. That's where Sarah got her affinity for Quidditch from. She also shows a keen interest in muggle objects, especially electronics.

(Obligatory) Other: Seeker on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. She has a savannah cat named Orion, who she suspects has a little bit of Kneazle in him due to his large ears and extreme intelligence. She does pretty well in every class but loves Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Transfiguration and Muggle Studies

Tokyo Magnum
25th July 2005, 05:59 AM
Name: Alexandria Birchill
Year: 4
Wand: Thirteen and ½ inches, Holly, with the heartstring of a Hebredian Black dragon in the core.
Classes: Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Charms, Muggle Studies, Divination, Potions, Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, History of Magic
Description: At 5'7” and 142 lbs, Alex is very athletic-looking, though not overly muscular. Her skin has a slight tan to it, but not much of one (she's actually the first member of her family to manage a tan). Her blonde hair is cut very short and tends to be slightly spiky, though she tends to dye it now and then, usually to either black or a bright shade of red.
Personality: Alex Birchill thinks of herself as one of the UK's true hellions, even if she really isn't. She has a love of finding new ways to break rules and get away with it, and any chance she can get to get herself involved in a fistfight (as opposed to a proper duel, which she wouldn't be as enthusiastic for) she will take without a second thought. Outside of Hogwarts she's loud, boistrious, and quick to crack jokes about her friends at the drop of a hat. In Hogwarts, however, she tones herself down quite a bit and has a bit of a distaste for her fellow students, especially if they're not Slytherin.
(Brief) History: Alexandria is Muggle-born and proud of it, and despite the fact that she's going on her fourth year at Hogwarts she still feels rather out-of-place, though she tends to do acceptably in classes, especially in Defense Against the Dark Arts (where she likes to find ways to mess with the rotating line-up of teachers). She considers her Muggle friends, who she'd known for years prior to learning that she was a witch, to be her real friends, whereas the Slytherins she associates herself with are more like allies. She originally aspired to be a professional rugby player, but obviously things have changed for her.
(Obligatory) Other: Has a pet Spotted Hawk Owl named Piper (originally named Roddy until Alex learned that the owl was female). Her best subjects are DADA, Muggle Studies (of course), Divination (due to her innate ability to lie at the drop of a hat), and Charms. Due to her strength and notorious mean streak in terms of physical combat (dating back to the unfortunate fate of a particularly leery boy back when she was a first-year), she's shown interest in being a beater on the Slytherin quidditch team, but so far not much has come of it.

Milkychunk
25th July 2005, 09:31 AM
Oooh! Oooh! Harry Potter! Harry Potter! I have to sign up for this!

Sign-up

Name: Corelia (Kori) White

Wand: 10 and 1/2 inches, willow, with phoenix feather core. Swishy and good for charm work.

Classes: Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination, Herbology, History of Magic, Muggle Studies, Potions, Transfiguration.

Description: Corelia is rather short for her age, standing at only 5'5. She's small and skiny, with only the slightest curves where desperatle needed. She hides her elegant face behind a curtain of long, dark brown hair and has bright hazel eyes, often hidden behind a book. Corelia has pale skin that no amount of sun can tan.

Personality: Despite appearing shy and timid upon first glance, Corelia is strong-willed and very ambitious about all she does. She refuses to give up even when there seems to be no way to do what she wants to do, ("There's always something.") and is sometimes willing to play dirty to get what she wants. She is too proud and has too much dignity to apoligise to anyone and has the tendency to push people she sees inferior away. Corelia values her intelligence highly and takes her studies very seriously. Corelia often likes to hide behind her books in a weak attempt to shut out any possibilities of pain and she enjoys sitting in the dark corners where no-one can see her, watching everyone go by. Corelia has the tendency to be there one moment and then disappear the next.(I think that's all the main points covered.)

(Brief) History: Corelia was born and raised in London, living in a rather small mansion with her pureblooded mother and father. She spent most of her youth and all of her summer holidays away from her family and in Diagon or Knockturn Alley, browsing through the many shops. She carries a deep loathing for her family, especially her parents, who never really seem to notice Corelia is there and think that money is the answer to everything.

(Obligatory) Other: Corelia has a small owl, she's not quite sure what type it is, named Hera. It pits easily in the palm of her hand and is a light brown colour. Corelia's best subject is Charms.

Chris Watarimono
25th July 2005, 12:35 PM
Reserving spot for Hufflepuff. Process of upheaval and modification. Will come in with new profile shortly. -Chris R.

Mewtwo-D2
25th July 2005, 01:20 PM
This isn't actually Mewtwo, rather her sister Kixie. Registration isn't up at the moment, but before I lose my house place I wanted to post my sign up.

Name: Eillene Hughes

Year: First

Wand: 11 and ½ inches, rosewood with a core of female unicorn tail hair, constructed by Mr. Ollivander

Classes: Charms, Defense against the Dark Arts, Flying, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions, and Transfiguration.

Description: Eillene inherited most of her looks from her father, who was from Italian stock. This causes her to stick out quite a bit from her mother’s family, all of whom are pale with blond or sandy hair. Her skin tone is light olive, her hair and eyes dark. However, unlike her father, who is built somewhat compactly, she is rather tall for her age (around 5’4”). At only 11, she has not yet become gangly, but is quickly growing in that direction. Her features are pleasant, if not stunning, her best feature being her large brown eyes. Her hair is long, but is almost always worn in crown braids. It is naturally straight, but often looks wavy when loose due to her braids.

Personality: Eillene learned from her aunt a real sense of fair play. Everyone deserves an equal chance, in her opinion, which is why she doesn’t like to spread it around that not one but both of her parents are professional Quidditch players. Her own ambition is to be a Seeker, but she doesn’t want to use the leg-up that her parents provide. She wants to compete against her peers and prove herself the best, not gain a position because she’s lucky enough to be related to people who are good at Quidditch. Ambition is no reason to displace fair play. She is intelligent, and excels at Potions, though she is rather miserable at Transfiguration and Charms (both of which she seems to see as being somehow unfair). Understandably, she abhors cheating in any fashion. She is quite willing to stand up to anyone she sees as failing to meet her high standards for what constitutes as ‘fair play.’ She is outgoing, a natural response to being raised in a large family.

(Brief) History: Eillene is the daughter of Moira Hughes, Chaser for the Holyhead Harpies, and Derek Moore, Chaser for the Appleby Arrows. Moira was a Slytherin in school, Derek, an American, went to school in the States. Moira comes from an old wizarding family; Derek was born to a Muggle family.

Eillene is being raised by her mother’s sister, Fionn, a housewitch, and her husband, Bevan Benson, who is a senior editor for the Daily Prophet. (Fionn was a Hufflepuff, and Bevan a Ravenclaw.) They have five children. Asher, 14, is a third year Gryffindor. Mandie is 13, in her second year, but in Ravenclaw. Sonia is 12, born just before Eillene. She’s in her first year as well, and has been sorted into Gryffindor with her elder brother. Ryder is eight, and Olexa five.

Derek and Moira met when both became Chasers for a startup minor league team in the States known as Applesauce Razzmatazz. Both were young, only a matter of years out of school, and they were quite inseparable. Within short order, Moira found herself pregnant. Derek tried to be supportive, but the relationship had already been growing strained. Derek had been drafted by the Appleby Arrows, while Moira was still only with the Razzmatazz. The two broke up shortly before Eillene was born. Moira was stuck with a baby she hadn’t really wanted and no real means to support it. She turned to her older sister, Fionn, for help.

Fionn, who had always been a kind and loving person, happily took in tiny Eillene to raise alongside her own growing brood. This turned out to be probably the best move for all involved. Fionn raised Eillene with as much care as her own children, and was always scrupulously careful not to favor one child over another. Moira made the Holyhead Harpies when Eillene was two. By then, she probably could have afforded to raise Eillene herself, but she wanted something slightly more stable for her child than a life of traveling to play Quidditch. Instead, she sent a healthy stipend to supplement Bevan’s not-insubstantial income, and visited on holidays. Derek is a small part of Eillene’s life, they visit occasionally and he sends birthday cards.

Eillene excels at Potions and receives high marks in Defense Against the Dark Arts and Herbology. Her flying is naturally quite good, since she has had years of practice (receiving her first broom, a Nimbus 1500, at the age of five as a birthday gift from her father). Her Transfiguration and Charms are dismal. She plans to discontinue those classes as soon as possibly allowable, as they conflict somewhat with her sense of fairness.

(Obligatory) Other: Her big ambition is to be a Seeker for a major Quidditch team, but in the mean time she’ll play any position she can get. For her, first order of business at school is trying out for the Hufflepuff team. She has brought with her a pet Puffskein, a gift from her Mother for her tenth birthday. His/her/its fur has a slight gold tinge to it, and Eillene calls it Snitch. This has a secondary meaning, as Snitch can often be difficult to find.

Drusilla
25th July 2005, 03:13 PM
EDITED, w00t!

Name: Trish Morgan
Year: 6
Wand: 13 inches, Bloodwood, Essence of phoenix ash
Classes:
Astronomy
Charms
Divination
Herbology
History of Magic
Potions
Transfiguration

Description: Eeeehhh... Trish is about 5'6, average weight but with a slightly lanky build. Her skin has a slight olive tone to it and she has deep green eyes and long hair that falls about halfway down her back. Trish changes the color of her hair about every other day with charms, so her natural color is unknown. For the time being, it's an aqua blue with purple tips. She's quick and looks delicate, but can really whale on someone when she feels the need to.
Personality: She's determined, strong-willed, oppinionated, and refuses to give in unless she absolutely has to. She doesn't care if someone is pure-blood or Muggle-born, but if someone can't hold thier own in magic, then Trish isn't likely to be very pleasant about it. She usually won't go out of her way to pick on people, but if someone interferes with her, then a really ugly side of her is more than likely to come out. Imcompetance is the bane of her being, but if someone is willing to ask her for help, then she might consider it. She's more than likely to be very cold to anyone she doesn't know, and it takes a while for her to warm up, but to those who earn her friendship, she's always there.
(Brief) History: Her family hails from the southwestern forests of Germany, is pure-blood, and goes back many generations. She lives in England now with her mother; her father's where-abouts are unknown. Trish is fluent in both English and German, but her German accent tends to get thick when she's nervous, irritated, or stressed.
(Obligatory) Other: She has a pet female black rat named Isis, plays Chaser, and is a prefect. Her favorite classes are Divination and Charms, and has shown signs of the abilities of a Seer.

Sakura12
25th July 2005, 09:02 PM
Woot~ Harry Potter rpg!

Sign-up:

Name: Lenore Elgar
House: Gryffindor
Wand: Made by her father: Cherry wood, with a thestral's hair core. 12 inches.
Classes:
~ Arithmancy
~ Astronomy
~ Care of Magical Creatures
~ Charms
~ Defense Against the Dark Arts
~ Divination
~ Herbology
~ History of Magic
~ Potions
~ Transfiguration
Description: Lenore is about 5'5" and of slim, lithe build. Due to her love for the outdoors, she has a slightly tanned complexion. She was born with black hair, but, again, being outdoors most of the time has had her hair sun bleached dark brown. She wears her hair straight down her back, a curtain of fringe sometimes hiding her right eye, giving her a mysterious look. Her eyes are grey-blue.
Personality: As aforementioned, Lenore is rather mischevious, almost suicidal. Her wide grin makes her friends wherever she goes. However, she can be serious when needs be, especially when it concerns the safety of her friends, or quidditch. Like a dormant volcano, she can be fierce when provoked. There is also a hidden side of her no one but Sador and Karin.
(Brief) History: She comes from a long line of dangerous beast breeders, ranging from the mildest thestrals (which are only dangerous based on superstition) to the fiercest dragons. Lenore witnessed her mother being killed by Death Eaters when she was five. Being the only child, Lenore grew close to her father, who often took her travelling in search of many exotic beasts. Due to these frequent travels, Lenore has become fluent in a few languages, especially Chinese, Japanese and French.
(Obligatory) Other: She has a cat named Karin. She also plays the cello, and talks to him as if he were her friend. She names him Sador. Lenore is also a chaser on the Quidditch team.

kalad1
26th July 2005, 09:41 PM
Name: Kalad Galadorian
Year:2nd
Wand:10 Inches, Yew, Core is made from a Nundu heartstring.(Family tradition).
Classes:
Ancient Runes
Astronomy
Charms
Defense against Dark Arts
Muggle Studies
Potions
Transfiguration
Description:Standing at about 4'10", Kalad is a bit short for his age, but doesn't let that bother him. He is fit, keeping in physical shape better than most kids or even most wizards. His hair color is a VERY light blonde, but regular sun exposure inevitably bleaches it white. His eyes are a deep icy blue. His hair is to his neck and usually very messy.
Personality: Kalad has come from a long line of wizards, and as such, has been raised with duty as a major tenent of his life, However, with his mother being a muggle-born, he has not been sheltered and has a much more realistic view of the world compared to other "noble" wizards. Overall, he is friendly, though he tends to hide his family's status when possible, preferring to have people judge him honestly, instead of hiding behind his money, braving the chances of potential rejection. He is slightly mischevious, but not a prankster. He does not let any jibes about his height or his rather eccentric method of transporting his cat get to him. He has also borne through ridicule from other branches of his family for his less than pure blood, as well as his more practical nature, seeing him as "betraying his heritage".
(Brief) History: Comes from a long line of wizards, though his father broke tradition and married a Muggle-born woman, His grandfather was involved in the slaying of a nundu, and that is where the parts for his wand came from. His mother made sure he was not too sheltered and saw that not everything was as rich people thought it was. In his first year, Kalad found a knack for Charms.
(Obligatory) Other: Has a white kitten named Janin, who likes to ride on Kalad's head.

sesshomaru
27th July 2005, 09:04 AM
Reserve me a ravenclaw.

Bulbasaur4
27th July 2005, 12:21 PM
^_^ I've been meaning to go for a Harry Potter RPG.

Sign-up:
Name: Rywen Oro
Year: 6th Year
Wand: A full 10 inches in length, being crafted of Cherry Oak with a trace of Centuar flank hair. (odd! ^_^) A small wand but very adept to his bidding...
Classes: [ His best class is DAtDA but other classes he does well in Care of Magical Creatures and Transfiguration. He likes Potions a lot... but his curiosity in making 'new' potions often gets him in trouble and results vary. lol]
Potions
Transfiguration
Ancient Runes
Charms
History of Magic
Herbology

Description: See attachments for a few shots of his appearance... you'll see I have fondly modeled him after Tooya from Ayashi No Ceres AKA Ceres: Celestial Legend. Anyways... he obviously has a graceful athletic build, with a slightly tracible hints of a tan perhaps long forgotten. His more prominent features are his hair and eyes, which seem to contrast nicely against eachother. His eyes are a piercing green. His eyes are the type that are hard to take if looked upon sternly. His hair is like silk... being whispy and rather wild, yet having that 'untamed clean' look which is rather hard to describe. (See pictures! lol) He has overall a very graceful yet powerful appearance, although his personality entirely goes against it.

Personality: Rywen is a rather crafty social butterfly, for a nice short description. He has a knack for getting along with others and is a very outgoing and talkative guy, however he some how always manages in getting others to talk more about themselves then ever revealing anything about himself. He doesn't like to talk about himself much... so when any questions arise, he seems to use his wit and charm to deflect these questions back to the asker. He is a charming person, not showing much hostility or anger towards anyone... which can perturb provoking Slytherins at times. He smiles a lot and is fairly optimistic, and while he might think that nearly all things are possible... he does have a bit of a realistic and grounded view on things when you need an unbiased perspective. He tends to put himself deep into his work when it comes to the classes he likes... although he definately prefurs the more 'hands on approach' then reading a tiresome book. Yet... with classes he does not like, he tends to slack off a bit... sometimes having to truely force himself to do much of anything. It isn't that he isn't smart at these classes... he just finds them incredibly boring.

(Brief) History: Rywen is a pure blood, although most would probably never guess since most pure bloods seem to be Muggle haters. His mother was a powerful witch that seemed to work for the side of good for anyone who needed a hand- except the Ministry. She was one of the outspoken people against the Ministry... saying that they had done little to prevent Voldemort from gaining such power. She did know Sirius Black and was on very good terms with him, although he tended to shake his head at her very outgoing views. She was killed by Voldemort however... about five and a half years ago just before Voldemort was said to have been 'killed'. Rywen's father, Diego Oro, was a pure blood as well, but from a lesser known line although he did many odd jobs. He was devestated when Rywen's mother died as was Rywen, and they moved quickly to a rather seclusive location. Because Rywen's father had many odd jobs... they moved frequently, and just as of late Rywen's father landed a job for the Daily Prophet as a writer. Rywen is tranferring to Hogwarts from his old wizarding school, and will probably appear a little after the beginning of the term.
(Obligatory) Other: Rywen played Quidditch at his old school and was a skillful Keeper. He hopes that he'll be able to join the Hogwarts Quidditch team (one of them) as a Keeper. (hint hint! lol) His animal is a black cat named Fenrir (odd name for a cat) which has lived oddly long... about 15 years and doesn't really look old and acts as if it were merely 3. If I daresay, the cat is more like a family heirloom than anything.

Chris Watarimono
27th July 2005, 03:20 PM
Fwahahahaha! Now, I'm ready! XD

Name: Alvin Averant
Year: 6th
Wand: Oak, 12 Inches, hair of a hippogriff. Solid for all-around purposes

Classes:
-Defense Against the Dark Arts
-Charms
-Transfiguration
-Potions
-Herbology
-Arithmancy

Description: He stands at 5'9", which is somewhat average for his age. His skin is on the darker side; although its no means tanned, Alvin's skin is just naturally on a darker hue. He also has a pair of dark brown eyes that are very deep and expressive, as if they were able to communicate its bearer’s feelings as their own. Furthermore, Alvin has dark almond-colored hair that leans somewhat to dirty blonde. It is clean cut on the sides, although it grows out somewhat from the top, yet not excessive wild or messy. His body itself is medium in build, with some evidence of muscle here and there to show that he's healthy.

Personality: Alvin is good-natured person, and is friendly to all sorts of people, no matter what kind of background they may hail from - Half-bloods, Muggle-borns, and even strict Pure-bloods. Although he is kind, he is also highly driven to excel to the best of his talents, gives no leeway, and feels that anyone can make it if they put enough hard work into their skills. Many see Alvin as a kind of role-model and adore his character, especially for the younger students, while some of the more stubborn and jealous students scorn him, especially from the Slytherins. As a result of his reputation however, very few see Alvin as an equal or a peer, and he is therefore lonely much of the time. It's also to say that much of his rivals and enemies seem to glaringly point out the ruined state of the Averant family (see below).

(Brief) History: Alvin is the only child in the Averant family, who are a group of wealthy wizarding entrepreneurs in the business of trading of foreign goods all across the globe. The Averants are pure-blooded wizards, yet are neutral between the affairs between the pure-blood fanatics and the blood traitors, even with the conflict against Lord Voldemort which forced people to take sides. Unlike other wizards who saw the time period of wizarding chaos against the Dark Lord a traumatizing affair, the Averants saw this as their rise to power, as a market for self-defense products and goods was in high demand, including imports, as wizards everywhere were desperate to get their hands on anything that would be a boon for their survival. Although thier business fell somewhat since the market for foreign defense amulets and other such related devices fell accordingly, they still remained to be one of the most wealthy families in the wizarding world. However, this would also bring them closer to their enemies...

...One night when Alvin and his family were coming home after Alvin's 3rd year, they were attacked by a mysterious assailant. Evan Averant, Alvin's father, was wounded, if only slightly, from the attack, but the injury was so insignificant that it was barely noticable. The wizarding authorities were unable to point to any supsects at that time, and after being hassled by Voldemort several years back, they were just worn out to bother to follow up with their investigations. For a while, nothing of significance occured. Their business was as strong as usual, and family affairs were relatively peaceful. That was until one night when Evan became a werewolf and brutally went on a rampage, destroying much of their home. Madeline Averant, Alvin's mother tried to at least save her husband by some means necessary, but she was mercilessly slaughtered as Alvin watched in horror, safely protected from the werewolf's detection. When Evan reverted back to his human form, he was unable to come to grips with his existance, and became insane afterward. Evan was detained by wizarding authories and was tried on charges of manslaughter and property damage. Although the Wizengamot council tried him as not guilty, news began to spread around of the incident at the Averant's residence, including rumors of Evan's existance as a werewolf.

Right afterwards, the Averant's business began to decline rapidly until Evan was thrown out of business. Unable to pay for his bills, he was forced to sell his home and rent a small apartment in Manchester. Evan was forced to take odd jobs everywhere, which was difficult due to his werewolf status. Alvin helped out as well by taking part in full time jobs during his summer to help pay off the rent. Even then, the Averants were still on the verge of poverty. Despite these hardships, Alvin excelled at all his studies and challenges at Hogwarts, managed to score 9 OWLs with at least 'Exceed Expectations', and continues to become a well-liked and well-respected figure in his Hufflepuff house as well all throughout Hogwarts. He hopes to become an Auror, hoping to seek out this assailant and bring him to justice.

(Obligatory) Other: Alvin and Professor Sprout met during his 4th year, wanting to give him a Prefect position at Hogwarts for his 5th year coming up, yet Alvin turned down the offer. He has a minute owl named Sherbert, which changes color when he gets excitied. Alvin himself was unsure how that occured, although one time he was testing his wand in the Hogwarts Express one time and it a stream of light accidently struck Sherbert. To this day, it is unsure on how to lift the enchantment, since he's not sure what actually happened. He doesn't mind the change though...except the fact it's...unusual. Finally, Alvin is a resonably good flyer and is currently Chaser for the Hufflepuff Qudditch team. His broom is a Cleansweep 6. He got it before the business crash at his 2nd Year, so his parents were able to afford it then.

-Chris R.

Asilynne
28th July 2005, 04:34 AM
Name: Aoife O’Reilly

Year: 1st

House: Gryffindor of course ^v~

Wand: Linden, 12 1/2 in, pheonix feather (thank you Jennie Wenny ^v^)

Classes: Her favorite- Transmutation
Charms
History of magic
Flying
Divination
Potions
Herbology
Defense against the dark arts
Care of magical creatures
Astronomy

Description: Basic appearance. (http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/ssjbulma/images/aoifeoreilly.txt)Medium length reddish hair, relatively tall for her age, most of the time has a spunky look on her face. Absolutely loves her school uniform and wears the jacket/robe? even when she doesnt have to.

Personality:Has a firey spirit, determination and boldness that is typical for Gryffindor. Always strives to win at whatever she does but wont accept a victory if it was under unfair circumstances. Will defend her friends no matter what and expects the same from them in return. A ‘fighting Irish’, she sometimes lets her temper get the best of her and has to learn to restain herself at times.

(Brief) History: Lived in a large Irish household, Muggle born and raised up until the letter came. Was the only magical among 8 siblings and so some of the older ones were jealous. Her family was in the fur business and often trapped foxes and kept them in cages until they were either large enough to kill and skin or the coat was healthy enough. She never liked this and often released some of the animals, although she was punished for it ^-^() She believed if you were going to hunt an animal it should at least be a fair fight without use of traps and bait.

(Obligatory) Other: Her pet is one of the foxes she released, and wouldnt stop following her after that, shortly before the letter came, so she adopted him as her pet and named him Aiden. Hes so cute ^v^ (http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/ssjbulma/images/aiden.txt) Being very good at sports she wants to try out for the Quiddich team, but since its a magical game and shes new to the whole ‘magical’ business she doesnt know how well shed do. Is sometimes called a mud-blood but it doesnt really phase her since she loves her family even if they are ‘muggles’. Has a slight school girl crush on Charlie once she meets him LOL

Weasel Overlord
28th July 2005, 05:16 AM
Name: San Ylldier
Year: Sixth year
Wand: Birch, 9 ½ inches, Demiguise hair. The use of Demiguise hair in wands has been a long Ylldier family tradition and it is favoured because of the subtle quality it gives the wands and spellwork. San’s wand is silver in appearance, and supple. It’s very good for Defence Against the Dark Arts, because of the insubstantial nature of Demiguise hair.
Classes: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Transfiguration
Potions
Astronomy
Herbology
Charms
Care of Magical Creatures.
Description: San is tall and slender in build, often being described as skinny. His long blonde hair stands out from his tanned skin, which is a burnt brown colour, and his eyes are a dark brown. San’s hair reaches to just below his shoulder blades and is perfectly straight. He doesn’t usually bother tying his hair back, believing that this would make him look girly, so he lets it fly free, much to the annoyance of other students who often receive a faceful of hair from just walking behind him in a corridor.
Personality: San is one who smiles easily and often, being blessed with a sometimes-insufferable optimism. He can usually see the bright side of things when others cannot. Ever since he started at Hogwarts, San’s favourite subject has been Defence Against the Dark Arts, and he has always excelled in it. Although this could be because he enjoys it more than his other lessons. San is pretty good at the rest of his subjects too, rather enjoying but he doesn’t feel the same as he does about Defence Against the Dark Arts.
When he was being sorted, San was very close to being sorted into Ravenclaw, but the Hat, after what seemed like an age, decided that he belonged in Gryffindor because of his innate kindness and his dislike of seeing people suffer.
(Brief) History: San comes from a pureblooded family that are distantly related to the Blacks, a fact of which San is ashamed. He is disgusted at the the family’s support of the Dark Lord, and he feels that they are almost a mar upon his family's reputation.
His mother, Celestia, is an Astronomer of the highest calibre, reading the stars with the precision and care that is near legendary and her love of the stars has passed on to San as he chose to study Astronomy after his OWLS.
San’s father, Roan, on the other hand, works for the Ministry of Magic as an Auror. He carries two long scars, criss-crossing his cheeks from a brush with a minor, yet still dangerous, supporter of Lord Voldemort. Because of Roan’s bravery, the supporter now resides in Azkaban, awaiting his death.
San has always looked up to his father, but the Auror profession has never really appealed to him, preferring the mysticism of his mother’s work. Despite this, Defence Against the Dark Arts remains firmly his favourite subject, having a hatred of Dark Wizards etched into him from an early age.
Upon finding out that he was to attend Hogwarts, his parents were ecstatic, having noticed San’s magical skills at an early age.
(Obligatory) Other: San has a pet Knarl, which he found terrorising his garden. His mother agreed to let him keep it as a pet but only because it kept it out of the garden, where it was terrorizing the hideous ornamental gnomes. The Knarl is rather aptly named Ericius, which is Latin for Hedgehog, the muggle creature that Knarls resemble.

Flaming Krystal
29th July 2005, 03:25 AM
Well I finally got my internet back but I'm too tired now to fill out a form so I just want to reserve a Ravenclaw.

I'll be back as soon as I wake up...I hope ^^;

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
29th July 2005, 10:07 PM
*M2D2: Decided to omit the latin book thing.
Sign-up-
Name: Ken (Kensei) Lloyd

Year: 5

Wand: Teak, not very flexible but good for jabbing up people's noses; 10 inches; core is a clipping from the cloven hoof of a porlock

Classes: Ancient Runes, Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination, History of Magic, Potions, Transfiguration

Description: About 5'9", thinner than he should be, and pale-skinned. He is genetically unable to tan; he just turns red. He spikes his hair and bleaches it a very light blonde, but you can see the dark roots. He has a pointed face and a roman nose. His eyes are large and a dark grey, almost black. Strangely, his canine and incisor teeth are slightly elongated and extra pointy. He wears a bracelet strung from sandalwood beads on his left wrist.

Personality: Some would call him a shy violet, if that term was not in general use for describing girls. He's only really open and relaxed around animals or magical creatures. He is quiet and reserved, rarely opening his mouth except to answer in class, unless you start talking about creatures. Ken has great faith in the saying 'it is not good to tell lies', and will not and cannot lie, even if it meant detention from the Potions master. He also does not approve of bending, stretching, or rewording the truth. He is a bleeding heart and would help anyone who needed help, if he could just overcome his shyness. Tries hard at all his subjects, but is contemplating just giving up on Divination. He loves his family and is very clannish, and fiercely (if quietly) loyal to his house and friends, if he had any of them that weren't furry, scaley or feathery.

(Brief) History: He is a half-blood. His father is British, though his mother is Japanese. His mother was from one of the more exclusive Asian wizarding families, the Arisawa family, with relatives everywhere ranging from Southeast Asia to the main house in Japan and the main branch house in China. She is in some kind of disgrace with the main house due to her 'poor marriage', but communicates with her relatives elsewhere regularly. She now works as a translator for Obscurus Books, while his father is a partner in an architectural firm. His older brother (now 21) showed signs of magical ability, though he dropped out of Hogwarts in his sixth year to join a rock band (making it big in the indie Muggle circuits), and his older sister (Namie, 17) was sorted into Slytherin. As he is the 'baby' in the family, his brother and sister tend to spoil him thoroughly with the attention they give him, despite the fact that his brother would like to keep his image as a tough punk rocker and his sister is a self-proclaimed goth. (They were the ones who bleached Ken's hair for him, and spelled it so it would stay spiky no matter how the victim tried to undo the spell.) Namie looks out for him in school, and prevents the Slytherins from doing too much damage to him. The family lives in a very normal terrace house in London, in the midst of Muggles. Animals seem to like him as much as he likes them, so their house usually has a sparrow or a crow or even a pigeon from Nelson's Column flitting around; and the amount of stray cats that frequent the garden is becoming a slight problem. Whenever the family goes on holidays, Ken would spend most of his time at the zoological gardens or in the isolated coves and hilly areas, making friends with the more harmless residents of the area. Consequently, his best subject is Care of Magical Creatures. He writes a log out of any observations he makes regarding these creatures, and hopes to one day be able to conduct research on them, especially on the families of magical equines. He is not a Parselmouth, so he isn't able to befriend snakes, though he tries. He is not good at gardening (the one plant he tried to raise in the rock garden at his home died within a week), and worse at numbers, so he decided to drop Herbology and Arithmancy. He also has problems with Divination, because all he sees is clumps of soggy tea leaves, and he won't lie about what he can see, so the teacher always thinks he's cheeking her. The Sorting Hat didn't have much of a problem putting him into Hufflepuff.

(Obligatory) Other: He can speak fluent Japanese and some limited Chinese, and knows various derogatory words in most Southeast Asian languages from Thai to Malay, though he wouldn't use them, and if he did, he'd probably blush. (His cousins educated him well.) His pet is a red squirrel named Ratatosk.

The_Missing_Link
29th July 2005, 10:30 PM
When is going to get started? It looked like the limit should've been 16 since you put the limit on Sytherin to four but more people signed up

Flaming Krystal
30th July 2005, 01:30 AM
Alright! I'm back and now with better grammar! :xd:

Name: Kristina Flann
Year: 7
Wand: 10 1/2", Oak, with a core of a single unicorn hair; sturdy, excellent for Transfiguration

Classes:
-Defense Against the Dark Arts
-Transfiguration
-Charms
-Potions
-Herbology
-Ancient Runes
-Arithmancy

Description: She's about 5'9", slim but not stick-skinny, and with slightly tanned skin. Her hair is a perfect golden blond, perfectly straight, and it goes down about three inches below the tops of her shoulders with bangs in the front. Her eyes are bright blue (but not that creepy kind of ice blue, those eyes scare me).

Personality: Kristina is very friendly, always valuing her old friends while making more. She is, of course, very smart, but she doesn't like to brag about it. Rather she likes helping others when they're having trouble, even if they're not in her house. She doesn't believe in doing the work for others, but has no problem showing them how to do it.

(Brief) History: Kristina is half-blood, born to a muggle father and witch mother. Her father was the kind of person who was convinced that there was some other side to the world full of stuff the normal world didn't have, while not caring how people thought he was weird. Once he found out that he was right in his assumption, he immediately knew he had to be a part of this world somehow. Eventually (somehow) he did manage to find a witch who he could relate to and popped the question after a couple years (which she accepted).
Kristina grew up with a split life, living in the muggle world with a magical attitude to the house. Her dad had (and still has) a job working as a columnist for the local newspaper, while her mother, ironically, has a job as a journalist for the Prophet. Kristina showed signs of being a witch around 7, when she made a stove-top popcorn bag cook instantly. (This of course, made her father extremely happy.)

(Obligatory) Other: She is Head Girl (as approved by Mewtwo) but isn't on the house Quidditch team. She does have a cat, an orange domestic shorthair with white feet named Cheddar (like the cheese).

edit: Head Girl was approved by Mewtwo :keke:

Vulpix.ck87
31st July 2005, 10:18 AM
Hope this isn't too late or anything...

Name: Arioch Cooper [A-Rye-Ock]
Year: 6th
Wand: Hornbeam, 8 inches with a dragon heartstring for a core. It’s a complete mess by his sixth year due to his lack of care for it, but the scuffed wand performs perfectly well.
Classes: Transfiguration, Charms, Care of magical creatures, Defence against the dark arts, Potions.
Description: Luckily for us he doesn’t sport one of those bouffanty haircuts that were popular in the eighties -_- His straggly dark brown hair often falls into his eyes, and he’s constantly sweeping it back due to this. It’s about 3 inches long, shorter at the back and sides, and tousled in general. His smooth peace-white skin contrasts nicely with his large, deep-brown eyes, which are often wide open in a perpetual state of amiable curiosity. His strong jaw, slightly crooked nose and high cheekbones give him a slightly roguish look which his scrawny build and attraction to dirt only adds to. Compared to the rest of the boys in his year he’s pretty short, no taller than 5’6, but he doesn't mind so much.
Personality: He has a reckless daring born of his Gryffindor style nerves, his instinctive curiosity and his natural liking for adventure. His half brained schemes often put all limbs and major organs at risk, but aren’t usually without good cause. Other than that he’s pretty laidback and casual, not exactly what you’d call a hard worker, but he always manages to cram enough into his head to get the grades he needs by the end of each year. He's a friendly approachable guy, though he might jinx you once or twice at random out of absent-mindedness..

He definitely inherited some magical potential from his father, as he is often extremely apt at performing charms, curses and spells with skill and ease, when taught how. The problem is, he’s usually forgotten all the important stuff by the next class(and his lesson notes aren’t much to go by), and he doesn’t make that much of an effort to commit it to memory anyway. His head is instead filled with random jinxes, curses, and various other things he deems necessary. He has an extremely laid back attitude in class, preferring to distract his friends most of the time, or to transfigure random objects instead of working(if ever a badger goes scurrying across the classroom floor, you can blame Ari, who has quite a talent for transfiguring his trainers into the small black and white creatures..). Transfiguration is certainly his area of expertise.
(Brief) History: His father was an auror who once worked alongside San Ylldier’s father, Roan. But Devlin Cooper was killed by Death Eaters the year before Voldemort’s downfall, leaving his muggle wife to care for his two children alone. Arioch, his mum and his little brother, Tobias, 7, live in a small village in the middle of England’s countryside. They pretty much have to cope for themselves, having no wizarding relatives. The few muggle relations they have don’t seem to like the small wizardy children all that much, so that’s out of the window too..

Since Arioch was 10 when his father died he knows all about his magical blood and heritage, though now that he just lives with his muggle mother he can get a little out of touch with the wizarding world sometimes.
(Obligatory) Other: He has a long eared owl (http://www.owlpages.com/image.php?image=species-Asio-otus-2) named Ripley, an owl who originally belonged to his mother and whom he dislikes quite a lot. The feeling is definitely mutual as Ripley, instead of being a lovable pet, spends most of his time fixing Arioch with his scrutinising glare, as if making sure he’s on his best behaviour (Ripley clearly spent too much time with his mother). He used to have a pet duck whom he much preferred to Ripley, but since the duck mysteriously disappeared in his 3rd year only Ripley remains, which the young Arioch was quite upset about as you can imagine. No-one really knows where the duck went, but Arioch certainly has his suspicions about the Giant Squid eating it..

Magmar
31st July 2005, 11:56 PM
[color=green][size=8pt]Sign-up:
Name: Julius Forte
Year: 3rd Year
Wand: Oak, 9 inches, but the core is unknown... it was not an Ollivander wand, it came from Finland as a gift from his parents when they were away.
Classes:
Astronomy (his best subject)
Transfiguration (one of his less-outstanding subjects, but he puts a lot of effort into it regardless)
Potions
History of Magic
Arithmancy
Ancient Runes
Herbology
Divination (he also seems good at this one)
Charms
Description: Born physically weak, Julius had a rough first years of life--but his body shows upcoming maturity. He is about 5'8" (Tallish for a 3rd-year), relatively slim and has brown hair with brown eyes. He walks quickly and is always seen reading a book. He is intelligent and book-oriented. He possesses many Ravenclaw-like qualities. Contrary to consistently reading he has excellent vision (but somewhat poorer hearing) and does not require glasses.
Personality: Friendly, courteous, mature, studious, mercurial. Occaisonally has an emotional overload. Has a few good friends. He doesn't particularly care about his pure-blood heritage. He can become obsessive. Not interested in relationships... yet.
(Brief) History: Julius was born to two Wizarding parents. Coming from a very long-line of pureblood (but they don't flaunt it very much), Julius and his younger sister Maye (age 6) are the two children of Sarah and Nathan Forte, foreign ambassadors to Scandinavia. (For reference, both of his parents were in Hufflepuff...) Julius was born weak but he has begun to outgrew his poor health. Julius loves to read. Julius is also an excellent organizer. He has been very quick at picking up magic and promises to be a very intelligent, although occasionally very clumsy, wizard. Julius possesses some Seer-like qualities to him as well and will definitely enjoy Divination and Astronomy. Julius lives with his Grandmother during the Summer, as his parents are inevitably away... occasionally he gets depressed about it. Julius can get tired easily, also, from physical excursion, and has been known to be frequently ill in his earlier years. Julius does NOT like animals of his own but he usually gets along with other people's pets. He has an ordinary barn owl, Sydney, that he generally ignores due to his intense fear of birds. Julius has a knack for solving things quickly and enjoys Muggle puzzlebooks.
(Obligatory) Other: Julius is one of the smartest in his year. He generally gets along with all the professors, and he's not really harassed by Professor Snape (who doesn't seem to care much about his Potions class because it was only Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs the first two years). Professor Kettleburn did not really like him when he was in 1st/2nd year, nor did he like Professor Kettleburn for making him go near those animals.
Julius is somewhat decent at flying but has not made Quidditch team.
His favorite professor is Sinistra.
He loves music. He hates Peeves.
His room (at his house) is tidy but cluttered, just like his lifestyle--well-kept but too much to do in so little time.
He likes to play Wizard Chess but surprisingly isn't too great at it.

Mewtwo-D2
1st August 2005, 07:00 PM
Hey all. I'm sorry about the delay in getting the game started- I will start either Tuesday or Wednesday. Unfortunately, I've had a weekend and Monday too rotten to be believed, and all I want to do now is get a little bit of rest.
However, I'm preparing some lesson plans: after the first post, I'll PM each of you your class schedule, various duties to the prefects, and Quidditch line-ups.

Outlaw JT
1st August 2005, 07:33 PM
Hey all. I'm sorry about the delay in getting the game started- I will start either Tuesday or Wednesday. Unfortunately, I've had a weekend and Monday too rotten to be believed, and all I want to do now is get a little bit of rest.
However, I'm preparing some lesson plans: after the first post, I'll PM each of you your class schedule, various duties to the prefects, and Quidditch line-ups.

Thanks M2D2! Can't wait.

Oh, just to be nitpicky I thought I would mention that even though the Quidditch line-ups will be set out of game based on who claimed spots on teams, the teams still have to go through the process of try-outs in game. Especially the teams with new Captains. On the bright side that should make for a fun series of posts some point early on.

The_Missing_Link
1st August 2005, 08:12 PM
Just wondering but is there an actual plot to this or is it just an ongoing RPG with really no end in sight?

Mewtwo-D2
1st August 2005, 09:59 PM
There will be a plot, but it will be introduced a bit later. First I want everyone to get comfortable with their characters and the universe.

Bulbasaur4
3rd August 2005, 09:48 AM
Reedited my profile... so others will know because there are a few changes, Rywen being a transfer student probably the biggest one there.

Kixie_of_Doom
6th August 2005, 06:07 PM
His animal is a black cat named Fenrir (odd name for a cat) which has lived oddly long... about 15 years and doesn't really look old and acts as if it were merely 3. If I daresay, the cat is more like a family heirloom than anything.

That's a very strange description for a cat. Is he an animagus in disguise?

Curious,
Kixie.

Magmar
10th August 2005, 09:22 AM
We should get this going very soon :)

Mewtwo-D2
13th August 2005, 04:34 PM
I'd like to apologize to everyone now. I had a cold that I didn't take care of properly, and it turned into Martian Death Flu. I've been as sick as a dog this last week, and wasn't feeling very creative at all. However, the game is now starting. Again, I apologize profusely for the delay.

~Mewtwo-D2