PDA

View Full Version : Why is there the CSS valid thing at the bottom of the page?

Sceptile_Master
25th July 2005, 07:25 PM
Check it yourself.

homeofmew
25th July 2005, 08:12 PM
cause chris and kevin like to boast they know perfect CSS HTML and PHP script.

Kevin
25th July 2005, 08:20 PM
SMF's default theme has those in there. I just left them for the heck of it.

Funny thing is, there's still errors in the css stuff... maybe I should go fix their mistakes.

Sceptile_Master
26th July 2005, 05:45 AM
Is that not linking to your own stylesheet though.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/Themes/PokeMasters Theme/style.css?beta3" />

Kevin
26th July 2005, 11:58 AM
It automatically loads style.css, the ?beta3 is there just to make sure that it doesn't get cached. At least that's what they said on the SimpleMachine forums.

Sceptile_Master
26th July 2005, 05:13 PM
Mabye it's because thisa forum is a port of the old v bulletin one.

Water Pokemon Master
26th July 2005, 06:52 PM
It is to show off how you have perfect CSS and HTML, and that you worked your freakin butt off to make it all perfect. I myself put those buttons on my site.

Sceptile_Master
26th July 2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah I know that's what they are for but they should only be used when the code IS actually valid.

Chris
27th July 2005, 11:16 AM
Mabye it's because thisa forum is a port of the old v bulletin one.

It isn't a port of anything.

edit: also the space in the URL ("PokeMasters Theme") is causing most of those validation errors. Others are the fault of people posting in this thread who are using invalid colours.

Sceptile_Master
27th July 2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah but I looked at from the main page. It's not really much that needs sorting.

Kevin
27th July 2005, 06:59 PM
Well now the theme is just called "PokeMasters" to eliminate the space problem.

Sceptile_Master
28th July 2005, 07:54 AM
Yeah the main page of the forum is valid CSS and you can't help what people put in your post in some things so I guess it's valid now. Err... yay. That's one thing sorted.