PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Master Balls on Pokemon Colosseum

marshtomp_king
26th July 2005, 04:44 PM
For anybody who didnt know, you get the master ball from eagun. After u beat EIN in Realgam Tower, u get an email from eagun. go visit him for your master ball.

OK this cheat is super easy.
1. Have your first pokemon use a Master ball on a shadow pokemon.

2. Have your second pokemon go to items, and swap the master ball with a different pokeball, like a net ball or ultra ball.

3. After you catch the shadow pokemon, check your items. you still have the master ball. after you get it, catching the shadow pokemon is so easy, it is kinda sad.

This cheat works on all types of PokeBalls.

Now i have just one word for you. ENJOY!!!

Rapamon2
1st October 2005, 07:37 AM
one problem. If i use a masterball, it says the snag Machine needs to recharge (or something like that) when i try to make my second pokemon use anothor ball. Did u try this cheat yourself?

mr_pikachu
1st October 2005, 09:19 AM
Actually, the second Pokemon isn't supposed to actually use a Ball. All you do is switch the order of the items in your menu and then exit your items. Then you can use an attack or do something else.

Here's an example. You've got your Espeon and Umbreon out, and you're facing... let's say a Charmander and a Squirtle. Let's also assume that you're choosing what to do with Espeon first. So, on Espeon's turn, you go to your Items menu and look at what types of Balls you can use. Here's an example of what that might look like.

POKEBALLS:

Master Ball x1
Pokeball x 80

You would then select the Master Ball and use it on one of the opposing Pokemon. Let's assume you use it on Charmander in this example.

Now it's time for you to decide what to do on Umbreon's turn. Before you do anything, though, you look at your items again and see what Balls are there.

POKEBALLS:

Master Ball x1
Pokeball x80

Notice that the Master Ball isn't gone, because you don't actually use it until after you've selected both Pokemon's moves. This is exactly what you're exploiting. Now, you switch the two types of Balls. It should look something like this afterward:

POKEBALLS:

Pokeball x80
Master Ball x1

It doesn't matter how you switch, just as long as the Ball you want to throw out ends up in the same spot in the order that the Master Ball previously occupied. (In this case, it was the first spot.) Now you can do whatever you want, like use an attack. Let's assume you do that here. Obviously, though, the Master Ball will be used before your attack. So, you catch Charmander easily, and the battle continues with Umbreon's attack.

But what happened to the Master Ball you used? Let's look at the inventory once more:

POKEBALLS:

Pokeball x80
Master Ball x1

Huh? But you used the Master Ball to catch Charmander! What's going on?

You see, what happens in the game is that when you select the Ball, the game decides at that moment that the selected Ball will be what captures (or fails) against the Pokemon. However, it doesn't actually take the item away from your inventory until after you select both moves. When you switch the order of the Balls, the computer gets confused. Instead of taking away a copy of the wrong item, it simply decides to do nothing.

Note that the likely reason this glitch wasn't caught before was because in RSE double battles, you can't capture your opponent's Pokemon no matter what Ball you use, so you'd still be wasting your time and effort even if you swapped your Pokeballs with your Master Ball.

EDIT: Oh, and you could actually use a similar thing earlier in the game. Your capture rate obviously wouldn't be perfect, but the exact same trick works if you swap a powerful Ball like a Ultra Ball with something weaker like a Pokeball, in precisely the same manner as in this example (with the Ultra Ball substituting for the Master Ball, of course).

EDIT2: Ack! I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for the heads-up, Poryhedron!

Rapamon2
1st October 2005, 10:13 AM
i know but what do you mean swap? ya mean after u use masterball for espeons turn, use pokeball for Umbreuns turn/ I tried this and it said the Snag Machine needs to recharge after first use.

Did you try this cheat?

mr_pikachu
1st October 2005, 10:55 AM
I haven't actually used it, but I understand how it works. Even during battle, you're allowed to switch the order of items on your list. So all you have to do is move a weaker Ball into the Master Ball's slot, and it will be used up in the Master Ball's place. You don't use the item at all, you just change the order of the items on your inventory list.

Poryhedron
1st October 2005, 08:26 PM
The example above is inaccurate!

MASTER BALL x1
POKé BALL x80

If you have this setup, and you use the Master Ball, then switch the balls' positions...

POKé BALL x80
MASTER BALL x1

...then after you throw the Master Ball, your inventory will look like this...

POKé BALL x80
MASTER BALL x1

The Master Ball isn't used up, and neither are any of the Pokéballs! The game is so confused by the fact that Slot #1 isn't Master Balls any more that it doesn't know what to do, and it just does nothing. You get an extra use of a Master Ball, absolutely free.

Carrot
5th October 2005, 10:46 AM
If I had my master ball still, I could try this myself.

Poryhedron
7th October 2005, 08:57 PM
It's still useful even if you don't have the Master Ball. Keep a few Ultra Balls, and then also keep a few Balls that might work better than Ultra against certain opponents. You can buy Net Balls; try them on Suicune! Since the trick works no matter which balls you use, you can have infinite uses of both Ultra Balls and Net Balls.

PokeLady Jeannette
1st September 2006, 11:46 AM
I'll give it a go!

I wonder what Genius Sonority (the developers of Pokemon XD and Colloseum) would think about this? Would it be possible on Pokemon Battle Revolution or Pokemon XD to try this?

PS, Have you tried this trick when capturing Shadow Lugia or any of the other Pokemon on Pokemon XD?

mr_pikachu
1st September 2006, 01:34 PM
1. Um, wow... this is a little bit of an old topic... o_0

2. I heard they got rid of the bug in XD (or at least they were supposed to do so).

EDIT: The following information comes from a GameFAQs guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/pokemon_xd_c.txt).

Q: What was the Master Ball trick?
A: The Master Ball trick was a glitch that allowed players to have infinite
Master Balls for Snagging Shadow Pokémon. It was very useful for capturing
Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Colosseum. This glitch has been fixed in
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

I hope that helps. ^_^

PokeLady Jeannette
2nd September 2006, 08:57 AM
So at least they fixed it. So does that mean this trick is a criminal offense in Pokemon XD?

PS. Speaking of Master Balls, they should offer a few more in the games. Maybe sooner or later they should have something for the Pokemon games (maybe the fifth generation) that might allow you to get Master Balls more often? How about let's say...10000 pokedollars for one Master Ball?

Poryhedron
2nd September 2006, 12:55 PM
In Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald it's possible to win a Master Ball in the Lilycove Department Store's Lotto. It's the grand prize, only winnable if the number you draw matches an ID number exactly. I forget, but the same might be true of the Lucky Number Show in GSC.

10,000 Pokébucks is far too good a price for a Master Ball. Try somewhere in the vicinity of 500,000. Even at that, it might be too easy to be able to simply purchase Master Balls.

mr_pikachu
2nd September 2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I do think even 500,000 would be too cheap. Bulk up your team, give someone an Amulet Coin, and start sweeping the E4... if each member's prize ranges is around 5,000 normally, as I suspect, then you could get a Master Ball for beating them a mere ten times. (Not that hard or even time-consuming once you level up a little beyond them.)

Maybe you could have it as a prize for completing some extremely difficult task. But purchasing them would be a little easy, I think.

frylock
2nd September 2006, 08:07 PM
Which pokemon Legendary pokemon are available in Pokemon Colloseum?

Poryhedron
2nd September 2006, 08:31 PM
The GSC Legendary Beasts: Raikou, Entei and Suicune. Each is catchable. There's also Ho-Oh, but you don't catch that one; you're awarded it for completing an extremely difficult task. Thus, no Master Ball needed. Aside from that, other catchable high-powered pokémon include Tyranitar and Metagross.

frylock
3rd September 2006, 01:03 PM
The GSC Legendary Beasts: Raikou, Entei and Suicune. Each is catchable. There's also Ho-Oh, but you don't catch that one; you're awarded it for completing an extremely difficult task. Thus, no Master Ball needed. Aside from that, other catchable high-powered pokémon include Tyranitar and Metagross.

That's cool, I'm probably going to buy it then, since tyranitar and Raikou Entei and Suicune are pretty cool!