PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a stupid question, but...

marshtomp_king
26th July 2005, 06:37 PM
I do not know what stars are. I have played pokemon since blue version when i was 8, but i do not know what stars are. Can somebody please tell me ? ?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Poryhedron
26th July 2005, 07:18 PM
Well, what sort of stars are you talking about? I'll assume you don't mean the thousands of tiny points of light up in the night sky...

There are two places in the Advance Generation where Stars appear, that you might not understand about. First, they are part of the grading system in Pokémon Contests, introduced in Ruby/Sapphire. These work like dog shows and whatnot; instead of their battle prowess, pokémon compete in breeding categories such as beauty and intelligence. There are two rounds of judging; the first, a simple popularity vote, is tallied at the end with stars; the better you did, the more stars you get. The results of the second round, in which the pokémon use their four moves as 'appeals', are tallied with hearts.

Second, one of the features added on to the new spiffy 'Trainer Card' are Trainer Stars. You get stars on your trainer card for completing challenges; for example, you get one for becoming the Pokémon League Champion and another for completing the Pokédex. There are four Trainer Stars to earn in each game Version.

Orion
26th July 2005, 07:33 PM
Stars? Well, there's Staryu, Starmie, Stardust, Star Piece as things related to stars in Pokémon. There's also Trainer Card Stars. I guess you're well aware about the first 4, so I'll explain what are the Trainer Card Stars.

When you do something of huge proportions in Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green or Emerald Versions, you get a Star in your Trainer Card. When that happens, your Trainer Card changes its color. You can get up to 4 Stars, and a different color for each star:

-No Stars: Green/Blue Card
-1 Star: Copper Card
-2 Stars: Bronze Card
-3 Stars: Silver Card
-4 Stars: Gold Card

Now, what you have to do for getting those Stars differ in each game.

Ruby/Sapphire:
*Beat the Elite Four for the first time.
*Complete the Hoenn Pokédex (200).
*Win all 5 Contests in Master Rank. You must get painted for the Art Museum in all 5.
*Win 50 Battles at the Battle Tower.

Fire Red/Leaf Green:
*Complete the Kanto Pokédex (150).
*Complete the National Pokédex (381. You don't need Special Pokémon).
*Get 200+ points in both the jumping and the Dodrio mini-games at Two Island.

Emerald:
*Complete the Hoenn Pokédex (200).
*Win all 5 Contests in Master Rank. You must get painted for the Art Museum in all 5.
*Get the 7 Gold Symbols at the Battle Frontier.

NOTE: You don't need to do those in the given order, but some of them aren't able to be done until you defeat the Elite Four.

Hope this helps. And I also hope you were referring to those Stars. :D

marshtomp_king
26th July 2005, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately, those werent the stars i was talking about. I heard that with the Pokemon channel game u get a card that gives u stars. those are the stars i was wondering about. Thanks though, but i did know about the trainer stars and contest stars.

Silent Dragonfly
28th July 2005, 08:15 AM
Perhaps you mean the Nintendo VIP stars. Most Nintendo games come with a card with a code on it. If you enter this code on the VIP website your account will be awarded a certain number of stars, which can later be traded in for things like wallpapers, screensavers and the like. Occasionally they have some good deals on that cost a lot of stars, for example Pokémon BOX was avaliable for a limited time by ordering it for 3000 stars.

rinku
28th July 2005, 07:03 PM
Hmmm... we don't seem to get that deal here in Australia. That would make sense with having to be a North American resident to sign up with the club.

(There is an Aus version of a club, but they pretty much just do promotional contests)

marshtomp_king
11th August 2005, 01:31 PM
Perhaps you mean the Nintendo VIP stars. Most Nintendo games come with a card with a code on it. If you enter this code on the VIP website your account will be awarded a certain number of stars, which can later be traded in for things like wallpapers, screensavers and the like. Occasionally they have some good deals on that cost a lot of stars, for example Pokémon BOX was avaliable for a limited time by ordering it for 3000 stars.

those were the stars i was talking about. now, when u say nintendo games, do you mean just pokemon games or most nintendo games from gba and gamecube?