PDA

View Full Version : The Fan Fic Summaries Thread

Darien Shields
27th July 2005, 05:58 PM
Okay, so "The" is perhaps a bit mis-leading, as this is easily the third if not fourth Fan Fic Summaries Thread that has graced out boards, but it's the most recent one. Apologies to mods if I should have got permission, and apologies to the person who originally had the idea for not creditting them, but I don't know who it was ^_^; But it wouldn't hurt to have a few more good posts around here! I decided not to necro the old one, but instead make a new "clean slate" for current authors.

Hum, so, if you're not familiar with it, the idea is quite simple. Post summaries of your fan fics, so that people looking for a good read can just thumb through this subject until they see a summary that catches their eye, and then read it. So it's a good place to advertise your fics if you want to plug 'em shamelessly ^_~

Here's one for starters;

i Monster (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=42474.0)

In the far poke-future when wars have reshaped the world into one vaguely similar to our own, a detective with an ingrained hatred for pokemon has to investigate an unusual case of murder, whether he likes it or not. However, what looks at first like a simple case of pokemon murder turns out to be something far more sinister...

Master of Paradox
28th July 2005, 12:47 AM
Shameless plugging is what I live for.

Shadow Realm: Fifteen (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=35068.0)

What the Yu-Gi-Oh anime taught you about the Shadow Realm is wrong. There is such a place as the Shadow Realm, but it's not nearly as beautiful as the Temple of the Legendary Dragons.

There is a place, within the vast emptiness of the Shadow Realm, known as the Central Shadow Realm. This is where the monsters truly come from. Here, in this mammoth, decaying city, the monsters live out their lives one day at a time...

...and it's all coming apart.

A Witty Phantom, number D-15A (call him Fifteen - everyone else does), finds his day-to-day routine disrupted most violently. As he seeks to escape imprisonment and/or death, he finds some most unusual allies, and slowly becomes the target of everything the Central Shadow Realm can bring to bear.

But there's more to it than that. For Fifteen's plight is but one in a number of schemes interwoven by a shadowy menace, one whose plotting could cause disaster for the entire Shadow Realm and everything that lives within it...

Mewfour
28th July 2005, 03:35 PM
Let's start off with the basics then

Bloody Sword: 3050 A.D. (http://www.geocities.com/theasylumofthedamned/bs3050-1.html)

Fifty years after global nuclear war left Earth in shambles. The entire North American continent has been cut off from the rest of the world, leaving the fractured nations within to fight amongst themselves on a neo-medieval era.

One day Ranadiam launches an unprovoked attack on Kanadiam, catching them completely off-guard and conquering the nation within days. Ryle Orriss, the acting king of Ranadiam slays his uncle Troid Orriss, king of Kanadiam, forcing prince Trav Orriss, Kanadiam army general Tike Mallar, and a hapless servant girl Rixie Rezze (Who was in the wrong place at the wrong time) to flee the country. Hunted down wherever they go by Ryle's numerous generals, their only option for survival is to rally enough military support from the other feuding nations to launch an attack of their own on Ranadiam and prevent the military superpower from taking the whole continent...

Chris 2.1
3rd August 2005, 08:59 AM
Monica's Vendetta

It seems a long time ago since Monica fought in a society of justice-seekers against evil overlord Dimitri. Now, however, the AU have gone their seperate ways and Monica is back to a normal life. Not surprisingly, this era of peace soon draws to a close. A young man finds Monica to weakly tell her of the trouble about to be faced by the quiet, serene continent of Evayard. A normal investigation into this soon spirals out of control, and before long, the AU is reuinted to take on a new form of rising evil.

This is the final book in "The Monica Chronicles".

billy5772
20th December 2005, 01:38 PM
I just joined these forums, so I really don't know anyone, but I'd appreciate it if someone took the time to read my fic.

Anyway, the plot goes like this: A boy whose father is a research scientist at the weather institute has discovered an alarming pattern in pokemon evolution. He has discovered this with his own eyes and in collaboration with other scientists across the regions: Some pokemon are evolving only partially. Partially in that they either have the physical characteristics of both pre-evolved and evolved forms or their evolved form has lost the ability to use attacks inherent to that pokemon (i.e. a wortortle who evolved from squirtle but forgot how to use water attacks).

To combat this problem, Professor Saiko spearheads the “Omnistone Project”. This stems from the completion of the Pokemon Genome Project with which the specific chain of genes that cause evolution was discovered. The Omnistone reacts with this gene causing evolution in pokemon who have failed to evolve on their own. When Professor Saiko is kidnapped by a mysterious force, it remains in the hands of his son to spread the Omnistone project to other towns and even regions so that it can squelch the pattern of mis-evolution.

The story centers on the Professor’s son, a specific pokemon who evolved without the ability to use its type of attacks, and a dark-haired girl who travels with them.

So many plot twists are in store for this fic, I feel fuzzy just thinkin’ about ‘em. Throughout these chapters, the main characters will discover the real reason for their journey, the source of the mis-evolution pattern, and many more secrets about the pokemon world that will rock theirs.

The battles will be innovative. I really can’t elaborate as to how without giving away anything, but the battles will be innovative.

Note: click on the music link and then scroll down to the line that says something like "to play, click here".

Excerpt:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/dreamcast/soa_battle-2.mid

“Lucy, turn around.” Lucy had been facing Chris, waiting for the fog to clear before they approached the town. Now the legendary mockery approached their point in the stream, seemingly walking on the water towards them.

“Oh my god, Chris, what is that thing?!” Lucy shivered, having turned around.

It breathed heavily and then emitted a sound that echoed like thousands of voices at once. “It is time for you to give me your power. Devolution Beam!” The colorless indentations in its face where its eyes should have been began to glow black, and two beams shot forward towards Lucy’s Milotic. The Milotic braced itself, preparing to be severely injured if not destroyed. Chris’ eyes widened as he, too, faced annihilation.

As doom stood on their proverbial doorsteps, as the night sky watched obliviously, and as an evil creature of unknown origin prepared to destroy them,…………….

mistysakura
21st December 2005, 03:51 AM
Okay, sorry to tell you that you've started on the wrong foot here; on these forums, we don't post to advertise. Please keep all advertising to your signature, or to our mass advertising thread here (http://"http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=42597.0"). (And yes, I think this is advertising; these forums are mainly for discussion, so feel free to ask for feedback on plot ideas etc, but no straight-out "read my fic" posts.) If you'd like me to move this thread to the appropriate place, just ask; otherwise this thread will be closed in a couple of days.

I hope I haven't scared you off, we don't really have that many rules (http://"http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=42442.0") here. Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

billy5772
21st December 2005, 02:01 PM
Whoooooooops. Yes, can you move it?

Lady Vulpix
21st December 2005, 02:25 PM
Topics merged. Enjoy your stay.

Bulbasaur4
21st December 2005, 06:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/luckclover4/divinitybannerrevised.png (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=43312.0)

[color=royalblue]
[size=1].: Divinity :.

When Bro'tmau found his future slave, the Ninetails known as Kiiah, he could hardly grasp what destinies awaited him. The oddity of finding such a legendary creature seemed to only be the beginning of the many mysterious happenings and occurances that happened from that time forth. Kiiah's transformations, Bro'tmau's finding of an ancient sword, the sudden gain of power and other various occurances. Kiiah seemed to bring strange yet wonderful things.
However, in the year of Kiiah's seventh tail, the Southern Empire had begun its attack upon the Northern Empire. Having become a mighty rogue lord of the North, Bro'tmau instantly began to think of ways in which to end the Southern reign and gain glory for the North- as well as for himself. In a quest of pure power, Bro'tmau and his loyal servant Kiiah must travel to the last known ancient temple in hopes to wield a final power that would ultimately bring about the rise of the North.
Of course... that is what Bro'tmau believes will happen...
... but small blessings can bring about many changes in one's destiny.

(Note: This is not based of pokemon. Ninetails is based off the Kitsune in Chinese Mythology.)

Chris 2.1
22nd December 2005, 11:20 AM
The Pokemon Masters League
A tribute to ASB

Not all trainers are enthralled by badge-collecting and mad-dash quests. In fact, far, far away there lies a Pokemon League only for the specially selected. This huge, peaceful village is home to the most exclusive Pokemon League known. And you're invited to see every little detail.

Watch the action as newcomer Brit Chris learns the ways and means of the once simplistic league. The village hides many things, though, including a dangerously intimidating lake, an eerie assortment of characters and a desolate place known only as BT Street. And then there's the other village....

Oh, and did someone say guest appearences from the likes of The Missing Link, Wolfsong, [Oz]Andrew, The Arbiter, RaZoR LeAf, Hanada Tattsu, Chris Watarimono, The Blue Avenger, Crystal Tears and MORE!

Actually, that is all the guest appearences for now. I'm only one man with one keyboard. Cut me some slack

Mega Horny
8th April 2006, 04:46 PM
A FAST-PACED FIC

This fic's first 'book' developes the central idea of one boy's rite of passage into something that could be great, or in turn, terrible. It is humorous, while staying serious at the same time. Similarily to the TV show, "Lost" it has many twists and mysteries, as well as countless Easter Eggs, some easier to spot than others.

The characters consist of both fictional and real, based upon various members of TPM community. You're porbably thinking right now, OMG, rip-off of TPML!!! Well, I can assure you, its very different, in ways that you can only understand if you read it. I guarantee a part from small to large to anyone who gives me feedback (^^), and i have already included people like Amaru, DT, TBA, Chris 2.0, Drew and more in the first 8 chapters and will continue as I go.

I cannot really say much else without giving away spoilers, but try reading the Prologue and the first Chapter for a real taste of what my fic will include.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
9th April 2006, 03:01 AM
Screams of Pain

Your average trainer fic. Or is it? Taking place in a whole new region: Zuta, this fic has many ups and downs. Being a teenage fan fic, it will have alot of good and bad moments, variating from love to death. Pokemon are also somehow included in this fic.

What seems to be a happy, candy-coated fic, will turn around.

It even has a plot!

(PS: The whole thing was full of sarcasm and irony, I hope you get it. The first chapters are rather dull, but needed.)

Bulbasaur4
2nd August 2006, 11:53 PM
[color=royalblue]

Divinity (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=43312.0)

[font=tahoma]
Divinity is hard to summarize into one general plot, for it includes several characters that all are bound to eachother but not looking for the same thing. Divinity is a fantasy-based piece of fiction which is set in an ancient time where the Northern lands and the Southern lands have been at war for over a century. Gods, myths, devils and creatures of all sorts live during this time and it is a great trial to travel and a dangerous feat.

Meet Brot'mau - A head-strong prince who was exiled from his kingdom, searching for a dead king who he believes holds the answer for peace. He travels with Kiiah, his Nine tails companion who has the ability to shift between her natural form and a human form. Together they have traveled and fought a great deal, but they have no idea what they're about to uncover.

Meet Kiiah - A Nine tails who was found next to her dead mother at birth by Brot'mau. Her carefree adn bubbling nature often lighten up situations, but her innocence occasionally gets her in trouble. Because of her mythical status, she is often sought after. She is highly protected by Brot'mau... but perhaps she is the one that needs to do the protecting?

Meet Gaishan - A member of an ancient royal bloodline whose city and family was destroyed. He's been wandering the lands in search for an answer to revenge their deaths. He believes finding Brot'mau will aid him in his quest. He finds and pairs up with Dusk, a sickly man who he discovers has undeniable power. He carries with him a strange sword that he holds very dear... but perhaps the sword holds more?

Meet Dusk - An old man who has an anciet and yet cursed power. He holds a complicated and deadly past, although his gruff and mysterious nature prevents him from sharing it. Little is known about him... but when it is uncovered, how will it affect the world?

Meet Alexiel - A little girl yet to be introduced. Her appearance itself is an oddity... but why and where did she come from?