PDA

View Full Version : GBA recommendations

ryandude713
27th July 2005, 07:38 PM
After neglecting my GBA for a while now, I'd like some advice as to what games are fun, and worth buying.
My collection consists of the following:

Mega Man Zero
Krazy Racers
FFT Advance
FF 1 & 2 Dawn of Souls
Astro Boy
Super Mario Advance 4
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

I've played Minish Cap, and plan on getting that, but otherwise I don't know what to get. This is mainly for when I'm in the car, or on vacation somewhere and I can't play any other consoles.

PNT510
27th July 2005, 08:03 PM
You need the Castlevania games. They are fucking awesome. I'd say go with Circle of the Moon first because it has the most replay value, but then check out the other 2 after that.

Musourenka
27th July 2005, 09:44 PM
Seconded on the Castlevania games. I like Circle of the Moon the best, but Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow are almost as good and certainly worthy of purchasing.

Since my GBA collection is rather large (twenty-six games), I believe I can whip up a good recommended list:

- Get both Golden Suns. If you can only get one, get Lost Age.
- Get both Fire Emblems. The first one released in the US is the better title, but they are both worthy.
- Megaman Zero 2 and 3 are both better than MMZ1. 2 is the best in the series so I recommend getting that at least (feels more like the old MM games but retains most of MMZ's challenge).
- Metroid Fusion is good, although it can't hold a candle to Super Metroid. The linearity may put you off if you are a die-hard Metroid fan...
-... in which case you might want to pick up Mission Zero. It's rather easy, but die-hard Metroid fans find it to be a sequence-breaking orgy.
- Riviera is a fairly unique RPG. If you are looking into something a bit unconventional, it's a good choice.
- Boktai 2 is a decent action-RPG, assuming you are willing to go outside to play (note that the sensor doesn't register sunlight through windows from my experience).
- Tactics Ogre is good if you liked FFTA.
- I don't have any of the Advanced Wars titles, but I hear they're good strategy games.

Max Blaze aka AT#2
27th July 2005, 10:58 PM
I've got a couple to list:

-Advance Wars 1 &2 [both kick serious a$$]
-Breath Of Fire 2
- ALL Final Fantasy games [I&II,Tatics]
-Pokemon: Ruby/Sapphire-FireRed/LeafGreen
-Fire Emblem [get both of them,NOW!!!]
-Wario Ware Inc.
-Any of the Golden Suns
-castlevania: aria of sorrows
-Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
-Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
-Mario & Lugi: Superstar Saga
-Sword of Mana
-And all of the classic games

Lol plaiyng on my sp consumes at least 15 hours of my day[including when I have work *coughs*]

EDIT: Typos >_<

Andrew
28th July 2005, 02:30 AM
I'd get the first Fire Emblem, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Donkey Kong Country 2 if you don't have the SNES original (WHICH ROCKS) and Sonic Batle...

Those four took a lot of my time, the first one,the most.

Razola
28th July 2005, 04:16 PM
Advance Wars...or anything by Intelligent Systems for that matter.

The Muffin Man
29th July 2005, 11:20 PM
There is no reason someone shouldn't own Superstar Saga.

If you don't own a GBA, JUST HOLD THE CART.

Also, Super Mario Advance 4.

Musourenka
30th July 2005, 12:01 PM
D'oh! How the heck did I leave Superstar Saga off my list?!!

Yes, everyone is right -- GET IT!

Mewfour
30th July 2005, 01:24 PM
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity. It's quite possibly the one GBA game I like the most, and I hate mote racing games! It's just that damn good!

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon orCastlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Pick whichever you want, but by God stay FAR away from Harmony of Dissonance.

Mario/Luigi Superstar Saga. This is a must.

Metroid Fusion/Metroid Zero Mission. Fusion is much more linear while Zero Mission is much harder

Megaman & Bass. Becuase it's OLDSKOOL, dammit!

Knight of Time
31st July 2005, 05:48 PM
IMO, getting at least one of the Sonic Advance titles is good (if you are a Sonic fan that is, I myself enjoy Sonic Advance 3 over its prequels). But Minish Cap is a good choice, and you might also want to get other Pokemon games for the GBA, namely FR, LG and Emerald.

Chris Watarimono
3rd August 2005, 09:18 PM
Don't forget CIMA: The Enemy. It's an obscure title more than anything else, and I haven't tried it yet, but I heard it's really good and has quite a deep psychological meaning behind it. It deserves a play at least once if you ask me.

-Chris R.

Metallix
4th August 2005, 03:11 AM
WarioWare Twisted.

Now.

ryandude713
8th August 2005, 03:18 PM
How good is Warioware Twisted?
Does it stack up to the original, or is it completely different?

PNT510
8th August 2005, 03:28 PM
[b]Twisted seems to reinvent the game and make it fresh, while still being as fun and addictive as the original. I wouldn't say it's better, but I wouldn't say it's any worse. The game is tougher though.

Edge
9th August 2005, 12:02 AM
You simply have to get Zero Mission. Even if you're not an ardent fan of the Metroid franchise, Zero Mission is such a polished and enjoyable remake. Get it.

Most of the GBA's top tier games have already been recommended. Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Castlevania, Wario Ware, and Mario are all highly refined games. Obviously, they're of distinct genres, so pick up whichever type of genre/game you prefer.

Keep an eye out for Gunstar Super Heroes, which ships 10/25. Looks fantastic.

GreenShirT
14th August 2005, 03:36 PM
Mario Ball is an awesome game as is Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. At the moment the game I am playing is YuGiOh World Championship 2005.

Nace
17th September 2005, 12:01 PM
Nobody's mentioned any of the Megaman Battle Network games?! I'm shocked!

At the very least you have to get battle network 2!!

Devil
8th October 2005, 08:55 AM
Don't get Pokemon games, there are better games available for your GameBoy Advance.

- Doom, plain awesome.
- Tekken Advance, Tekken is always a good game to have.