PDA

View Full Version : A Catch for Misty!? *Heavy Spoilers*

Hanada Tattsu
3rd March 2003, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know if as of the first Misty Hoso special that Misty catches the Gyarados that goes on a rampage at her gym?

Thanks!

Zak
3rd March 2003, 08:37 PM
No, she doesn't.

However... I did find something odd. There's this Japanese site I go to that's kinda like Serebii.net, it has character BIOs of EVERY single character, even the most minor ones. And it says what Pokemon they have, what Pokemon they used to have, what Pokemon the have temporarily stored somewhere else.... etc.

The thing is, I noticed that after the FIRST special aired, her bio on that site updated, and Seaking was added. Now, I KNOW for a fact that Goldeen didn't evolve, because it says she still has Goldeen as well. Maybe it's a mistake.... *shrugs* We'll just have to wait.

~Zak

Fett One
3rd March 2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Does anyone know if as of the first Misty Hoso special that Misty catches the Gyarados that goes on a rampage at her gym?

Stop me if this is considered off topic but how does a gyarados go on a rampage when it's indoors? Considering it's in the gym one would assume it belongs to one of the trainers thus you wouldn't have this kind of problem.

Hanada Tattsu
3rd March 2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Fett One
Stop me if this is considered off topic but how does a gyarados go on a rampage when it's indoors? Considering it's in the gym one would assume it belongs to one of the trainers thus you wouldn't have this kind of problem.

I read somewhere that it somehow went off in a rampage inside the gym, but it does seem questionable.

Also, about Zak's post, if you remember from The Misty Mermaid episode, the gym had a bunch of Seaking in addition to the regular Pokemon.

So, maybe before the sisters left on their trip, they left all the gym Pokemon (including Dewgong) at the gym.

I doubt Goldeen would evolve, it never battled, but then again Zubat evolved all the way, so I shouldn't talk.

JazzJazz
3rd March 2003, 09:33 PM
If I recall correctly, their seel hadn't battled much before it evolved into dewgong...

Hanada Tattsu
3rd March 2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
If I recall correctly, their seel hadn't battled much before it evolved into dewgong...

Correction, Seel didn't battle at all. :)

It just got in there, used an Ice Beam, and evolved. If I remember correctly, it didn't even attack before it evolved. It must have loved its trainer a lot to have evolved without even having battled before. :rolleyes:

Pidgeot018
4th March 2003, 07:01 AM
The Seaking mentioned may refer to the one caught in the Seaking Catching Contest. Who knows, maybe she kept it and sent it back to the Cerulean Gym "off camera" along with the chocolates.

Hanada Tattsu
4th March 2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Pidgeot018
The Seaking mentioned may refer to the one caught in the Seaking Catching Contest. Who knows, maybe she kept it and sent it back to the Cerulean Gym "off camera" along with the chocolates.

That may be true, but didn't we see her and Ash actually releasing her Seaking?

Anyway, like I said, maybe Daisy, Lilly, and Violet left Seaking and Dewgong there at the gym. Besides, it would be cool to see Misty train an evolved Pokemon for once (well, with the exception of Poliwhirl/toed) since we know her overlooked Goldeen will never get the experience to evolve. Then again, Zubat and Seel...

Light_Togetic
4th March 2003, 09:52 AM
How do we know that the seel at the gym had no experience? We just didn't see it get any, but it could have before Ash and co. had gotten there. Besides, if it was at the right level, it would only need a little bit of experience to push it to the level it evolves at.

But that would be cool if Misty had a Seaking.:)

Chris 2.1
4th March 2003, 12:56 PM
i heard that there is a lot ofSeel in the Gym epi, and also that the Gym has a lot of Seaking and Goldeen too.

JazzJazz
4th March 2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
How do we know that the seel at the gym had no experience? We just didn't see it get any, but it could have before Ash and co. had gotten there. Besides, if it was at the right level, it would only need a little bit of experience to push it to the level it evolves at.

I think Misty's sisters said something about it not having battled before... or something to that extent.

PAK Man
4th March 2003, 04:18 PM
That may be true, but didn't we see her and Ash actually releasing her Seaking?

No, we didn't actually see Ash and Misty release the Seaking. So, there's a chance that she could have sent her Seaking to Cerulean Gym.

Pidgeot018
4th March 2003, 04:55 PM
Keep in mind Ash didn't win the contest, so perhaps only the winner is allowed to keep their Seaking.

pikasaiyan
4th March 2003, 04:58 PM
Like what they did in the bug catching contest, i think only ash got to keep his beedrill.

Hanada Tattsu
4th March 2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
I think Misty's sisters said something about it not having battled before... or something to that extent.

Yeah, after it evolved, Daisy said that she was surprised that Seel evolved because it had never had any battle previously and that it never had any experience points.

Volbachutwotlepuff
7th March 2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Zak
However... I did find something odd. There's this Japanese site I go to that's kinda like Serebii.net, it has character BIOs of EVERY single character, even the most minor ones

sorry if im off the topic but, um... Zak whats the url of this "Japanese Serebii"???

jlaking
7th March 2003, 02:56 PM
Correction, Seel didn't battle at all. :)

It just got in there, used an Ice Beam, and evolved. If I remember correctly, it didn't even attack before it evolved. It must have loved its trainer a lot to have evolved without even having battled before. :rolleyes:

Seel was a pokemon at gym, right.
Just because you have not seen Seel battle, does not mean it have not battle.