PDA

View Full Version : Tatoos? [Poll]

Dark-San
30th July 2005, 08:50 AM
[b][size=3] I always wanted to get myself a tatoo after I leave the army. However with the numerous number of designs we have out there, it would be a tough job to choose the most suitable one. Besides choosing the correct design, I must also know which part of my body would I like the tatoo to go to. Now this is a headache.

At one point, I was thinking of just getting a simple design and had it printed on my right arm. However that would be too simple. Now how about having a picture of a Buddhist God drawn behind my entire back? My friends told me that that is too outdated. In the end, I might settled for just a picture of dragons clustering together. This picture would then be drawn onto my right shoulder blade.

Now here comes the poll:

1) Do you have a tatoo?

2) If yes, what is it's design and where is it located? If not, do you like to have one and why?

3) Have you met up with lots of obstacles put up by your peers or your parents when you try to have a tatoo? If so, how do you deal with them?

Meh just wanting to have a tatoo is so troublesome...

Malheur
30th July 2005, 04:24 PM
1) Do you have a tatoo?
» No, I don't.
2) If yes, what is it's design and where is it located? If not, do you like to have one and why?
» Nah, I wouldn't really want one. I don't like pain, and I hear they hurt a lot. Plus, I'm sorta indecisive, and so I know that after I got one I'd
either decide I didn't want it or that I wanted a different one. ^^;
3) Have you met up with lots of obstacles put up by your peers or your parents when you try to have a tatoo? If so, how do you deal with them?
» n/a?

Zcade0
30th July 2005, 05:31 PM
1) Do you have a tatoo?
No

Yes because they look cool

No

Number1ChanseyFan
30th July 2005, 10:15 PM
[color=magenta]1) Do you have a tatoo?
Nope.

Nah, I don't really want one. Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with them, tatoos can be very beautiful and artistic, but it just isn't for me, I just don't really care to have something drawn on me that is practically unremovable. I would rather just draw on myself with gel pens. ^_^

I really don't think my parents would really care that much if I got a tatoo, as long as it was done by a professional, and it wasn't really big. But of course, I never asked them, because I never thought about getting one.

Jeff
31st July 2005, 10:03 AM
1) Do you have a tatoo?
No

No, I was never fond of the idea of having something unremovable. Also It's just not for me.

Never have tried to get one, so no.

Fett One
31st July 2005, 02:12 PM
1) No

2) I don't want one because I don't like them.

3) N/A

Chris 2.1
7th August 2005, 01:46 PM
No

Yes, but no. Like, they look cool in my opinion, but when you get old they get shrivelled up and stupid :-/ And the style will go out of fasion quickly too. It's like an accessory - you wear them at first but then...well you dont like them anymore. But with tattoos its permanent.

No.

Ps: That was my opinion guys :D

Wolfsong
11th August 2005, 08:35 PM
1) Do you have a tatoo?

Nope, sorry i don't

At one point, i toyed with the idea of a wolf on my ankle, but decided against it. The reason why is that once you have one you're stuck with it.

N/A

SupremeChampion
11th August 2005, 11:31 PM
1) Do you have a tatoo?

[i]1.) no i do not have a tatto.
2.) i would really like to get one, i think it would be cool, especially if i can get one thjat looks really good.
3.) well, my friends think it would be cool and my parents don't care, it's my grandparents and older realitivies that would, so i', kinda torn between wanting one and not wanting to disappoint them/hear them say it was a bad idea.

~The Italian Stallion

Agent Elrond
13th August 2005, 07:56 PM
1) Do you have a tatoo?

Yep.

It is a single black-grayish dot on the side of my right big toe. I also have a sloppier, oval shaped one on the top of my left foot. Both were self administered by stepping on pencils by accident. I do not think I shall get a "real" tattoo, as my scars pretty much make up for that.

No actually. My parents' reaction was more, "OMG get the hydrogen peroxide!" XP

Tainted
19th August 2005, 11:27 PM
[b][size=3]1) Do you have a tatoo?

1) Yes.
2) See pictures.
3) No, not really. I have got a lot of "Psssh. Way to get totally stupid fucking tattoos that mean nothing" when the truth is they all mean something, just they're all something personal to myself that I don't boldly represent, but rather subtly. My mom doesn't like them, but I don't give a fuck about her and my Dad's got both of his arms done completely (he started after I got my first one done since he's always wanted to get them.)

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5349/zakchug9ii.th.jpg (http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zakchug9ii.jpg)

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/9564/02321a3ai.th.jpg (http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02321a3ai.jpg)

Plus a quote from another topic talking about my next piece of work that'll run me for $1500 or so:

Getting a full sleeve done on my upper left arm for my sixteenth birthday. It's going to be a mural of an 'atheist's interpretation of the seven deadly sins' and'll feature little pictures that're basically just my warped view of each of the sins. For a teaser: Greed'll be a guy in a business suit crucified, being burned at the stake sort of deal-- but fueling the flames will be piles of money. While this dude burns there'll be other business men reaching into the flames to get the money.

The body is a canvas just waiting to be drawn on.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Systematic Revolution
14th September 2005, 09:25 PM
[b][size=3]
1) Do you have a tatoo?

1. No.
2. I want one just because I like them. It would probably be a celtic cross (nothing to do with religion, mind you. Everything to do with my favourite band -- Black Sabbath) with N on the left side of the cross and B on the right side of the cross in old english text. NB are my initials, of course. Probably on my left shoulder.
3. N/A

Shinryu0
15th September 2005, 01:02 PM
[color=orange]1) Do you have a tatoo?
*No. But I've put on a lot of those fake ones :smilie: they keep dying though..

*No, I wouldn't like to have one that I can't take off, my mom would disown me or something lol and friends would probably think I'm trying to show off...(not saying that people with tatoos are show offs, I personally think they're decent, but I guess that's my opinion)

*Nope.

Lawrence III_Fanatic
15th September 2005, 08:03 PM
1) YES. It's like 5 feet large with lots of scary skulls and dead guys and loaves of bread.

In other words no, I do not. :(

2) I would like to get one eventually. Somewhere, somehow I need a triforce tattoo. I am deeply rooted to the Legend of Zelda games. I kind of see my life as a triforce, so it'd have symbolic meaning. Also sometimes I want a tattoo that has something to do with general internet nerdiness. After all, newb imitation from browsing forums was a huge chunk of my life (5th grade to present). Something along the lines of "lol".

3) I've never really expressed a desire for a tattoo with my parents because they'd say no or just laugh. I'm 18 in like two months, so I'll get it done when/if I want. My friends all like my tattoo ideas, though.

Yukitsukai
15th September 2005, 08:29 PM
1. Not yet. I'm getting one for my sweet 16. I hope.

2. I most certainly want one, because they're a good way to express yourself without being over the top. When I finally get mine done, I'm getting a tribal heart and tribal band (omg tribal eww!11!11!!!) on my lower back. (Attached a picture if you can't visualize it.)

3. My mom (most anti-mod person in the world all of a sudden) hates the idea, but my dad doesn't care. ♥

Kyl3
17th September 2005, 10:32 AM
1) Do you have a tatoo?

1. Nope, but I want one
2. I want one because I think that they look nice, and I would love a Heartagram tattoo (see avatar).
3. Havent brought it up to my parents.

AntiAsh Superstar
22nd September 2005, 06:55 AM
1. Actually no, this is a disgraceful state of affairs really, tattooing myself up is about the only stereotype I *haven't* embraced fully.

2. I would like to get one eventually, maybe upper arm or something, but I have this real big problem in that I'm not entirely sure about a design - I'm kinda scared that I'd get one and then in a few years I'd look at and think 'why did I have that put on me????'. I think maybe something of a draconic ilk would be good, tho, actually I have a big pendant of a dragon bursting through a circle whose concept would prolly make a good tattoo...

3. No obstacles, I think everyone knows me too well by now to even bother trying. ^_^;;;

Lady Vulpix
25th September 2005, 09:50 AM
1) No, I don't.
2) I might make drawings on my skin eventually, but nothing permanent.
3) N/A.

Krystalline Kabutops
25th September 2005, 03:02 PM
1) Do you have a tatoo?
Nope.

I might decide to get one after college, but I doubt I'd get it done any earlier than that. I mean, it's a big decision, and besides... What good are sharpies if you've already got body imagery? If I did get one though, I'd have them tattoo on stiches around my whole body.

I am currently having to fight my parents over whether I can dye my hair and get my ears pierced. The mention of a tattoo would send them into a coma o_o;

mew151
28th October 2005, 08:23 PM
1) Do you have a tattoo?
of course!
its a spider. (see attachment)
3) Have you met up with lots of obstacles put up by your peers or your parents when you try to have a tattoo? If so, how do you deal with them?
nah, my mom was "disappointed" when i came home with one. but she got over it. i got it 5 days after i turned 18. best way is just never bring it up and surprise your parents when you come home with one.
they wouldnt let me donate blood after that. i gotta wait a year.