Arena: Indigo Stadium (Grass)

Go teh 'stoise.

o.o blastoise, male, nickname: Water Gun

Knight of Time
3rd March 2003, 07:10 PM
Hi! I'll ref if you like.

Icy
3rd March 2003, 08:11 PM
o.o... *does the ref dance* Yay! Now I need an opponent...

ryandude713
3rd March 2003, 09:47 PM
rematch woman

ill use my newest poke

GO NAPPY HEAD

hes a Natu

confuse ray ~ giga drain ~ drill peck

Icy
6th March 2003, 05:31 PM
Bwahaha... Reflect the confuse ray right back at him (ray = beam.. beam = get reflected). Giga Drain and Drill Peck need physical contact (read ASB Attack List) to work. To prevent that, shoot a barrage of ice at the weak bird. Use two blizzards. It'll slow the birdies movement, push it backwards, numb it, AND Natu will either have to not use either attack, or get hit by the full force of the Blizzards. BWAHAHA!

Reflect~Blizzard~Blizzard

Knight of Time
12th March 2003, 12:03 PM
Hi!

Sorry about the delay guys, I nearly lost track of this battle.

Here's Round 1.

Round 1

Totodile43 vs ryandude713
Water Gun the Blastoise vs Nappy Head the Natu

Prebattle:

The scene of this exciting battle is Indigo Stadium. This time around, the setting for our two trainers is a field with plenty of plant life, none other than the Grass Field. Soon, one of the doors opens up, and the challenger walks in. Revealing himself to be none other than Totodile43, he takes out a Pokeball. Enlarging it, he opens it up to reveal a huge turtle-like Pokemon with two cannons sticking out of his shell, who turns out to be a male Blastoise named after a famous attack of his, Water Gun. Soon, the second set of doors opens up, revealing the challengee. Revealing himself to be none other than ryandude713, he takes out a Pokeball of his own. Enlarging it, he opens it up to reveal a small greenish bird Pokemon, namely a male Natu named Nappy Head. As the two trainers walk over to the center of the arena and shake hands, a third trainer walks in. Revealing this person to be none other than myself, I take out my trusty flag, and wave it, declaring this battle to begin.

Water Gun: 100% fresh, ready to battle
Nappy Head: 100% fresh, ready to battle

Battle

As this first and opening round unfolds, Nappy Head begins to stare at Water Gun. With an intense, disorienting white light coming out of his eyes, the Natu hopes this powerful ray of light can hit Water Gun. However, the Blastoise has plans of his own. Setting up a powerful, transparent barrier, he watches as the light manages to bounce off, causing it to hit its creator. With its purpose served, the Blastoise allows this barrier to fall and disappear. Man, this could get real bad for Nappy Head.

Soon, Nappy Head begins to glare at Water Gun. Angry at the Blastoise for causing the ray of light to backfire, the Natu prepares to fly toward Water Gun, hoping he can suck up some of the Blastoise's strength. However, his hopes are quickly cut off as a powerful cold wind combined with several sharp shards of ice fly into him, courtesy of Water Gun himself. Man, that has got to hurt.

Feeling very lucky that he didn't end up freezing, Nappy Head glares even more at Water Gun, and once again prepares to fly towards him, this time preparing his sharp beak to fiercely and violently peck the huge Blastoise as hard as possible, but this soon proves to be a big mistake as he suddenly ends up flying beakfirst into the ground. Ouch. Meanwhile, Water Gun snickers at Nappy Head, as he sends forth another freezing cold wind packed with several sharp shards of ice which strike the almost helpless Natu once again, nearly freezing him. Ouch, indeed. With this round over, will Nappy Head be able to get revenge on Water Gun in the future? Only time will tell as I wave my flag, declaring this first and opening round to draw to a close.

Post Battle Stats:

Water Gun: 100% confident, moderately fatigued
Nappy Head: 65% (Damage Caps) really cold, confused, furious at Water Gun

Edit: a few typos...

Icy
12th March 2003, 10:05 PM
Let's play the defensive, shall we?

Substitute (roughly 10%) to give yourself a little breathing room, and absorb status effects. Double Team to uh... be cool. And finally, cap it all off with a nice Rapid Spin.

Substitute~Double Team~Rapid Spin

ryandude713
12th March 2003, 10:11 PM
use drill peck to break through the substitute. then use swift to stop the double team. then use psychic to throw blastoise when he comes near you

drill peck ~ swift ~ psychic

Knight of Time
14th March 2003, 03:52 PM
Hi!

Ryandude713, did you happen to see the definition for Substitute in the ASB Attack List Beta?

If not, you should know that when a substitute is created, it puts a mental block in any opposing Pokemon's mind that makes that Pokemon think the substitute is the actual Pokemon, so you can't really aim directly at the sub.

Also, Totodile43, aren't you Toto the Boat Rower?

Here's Round 2.

Round 2

Prebattle Stats:

Water Gun: 100% confident, moderately fatigued
Nappy Head: 65% (Damage Caps) really cold, confused, furious at Water Gun

Battle

As this second round unfolds, Water Gun smirks to himself. Preparing to hide behind a small body double, he calls forth his Malletspace account for a small body double, and he immediately hides behind it, and is temporarily safe? Or is he? Seeing his opponent trying to hide from him, Nappy Head glares angrily. Nobody will hide from him and get away with it, as he flies towards the body double, readying his sharp beak for destruction. Almost immediately the Natu flies into Water Gun's body double, and using his beak like a powerful drill, manages to viciously destroy it, reducing it to nothing. Man, what a major stinker for Water Gun.

Soon, Water Gun snickers at Nappy Head again. Preparing to call upon a few mirror images to help him, he closes his eyes and concentrates. Opening his eyes, the Blastoise sees a total of two clones right beside him. However, this doesn't faze Nappy Head one little bit, as he opens his mouth to reveal a barrage of heat seeking stars that desintegrate both mirror images in a matter of seconds while also hitting the real Water Gun. Ouch.

Soon, Water Gun smirks to himself again. Withdrawing into his hard shell, the Blastoise begins to spin very, very quickly towards Nappy Head, much like a certain Tasmanian Devil nicknamed Taz. Once again the Natu is ready, as he begins to glow a deep purple colour, using his psy powers to lift Water Gun off the ground. Slamming the Blastoise down, Nappy Head snickers to himself, proud of his work...for now. With this round over, will Nappy Head be able to continue his comeback? Only time will tell as I wave my flag, declaring this second round to draw to a close.

Post Battle Stats:

Water Gun: 71% less confident than before, no clones, no Substitute
Nappy Head: 65% cold, confused, proud of himself

ryandude713
14th March 2003, 05:05 PM
alright
time to light up his day
use solar beam 3 times
if he tries to use double team, fire another swift attack at him

solar beam/swift ~ solar beam/swift ~ solar beam/swift

Icy
14th March 2003, 05:26 PM
:D, ;-; the all-mighty Natu scares me.

Wellll.. make the beams weaker and take longer to charge with Rain Dance. Then just counter the extra weak beam with a not-so-weak juiced-up Hydro Pump. Finish by reflecting the beam back at it with Reflect (PLEASE READ ASB ATTACK LIST..)

Rain Dance~Hydro Pump~Reflect

:D, a wet birdy, hampered flight = dead, wet birdy

Knight of Time
17th March 2003, 03:01 PM
Round 3

Prebattle Stats:

Water Gun: 71% less confident than before, no clones, no Substitute
Nappy Head: 65% cold, confused, proud of himself

Battle

As this third round unfolds, Nappy Head smirks at Water Gun. Preparing to draw in sunlight in order to make a powerful greenish beam of solar energy, he concentrates as hard as he can, only to have his concentration to be broken by his confused state, as he suddenly feels himself trip over his own feet. Ouch. To make matters worse, Water Gun begins to do a little ritual like dance that causes the clouds to darken. On top of this, the occasional clap of thunder is heard in the background a few times as well, and of course, rain begins to fall as well.

Soon, Nappy Head glares at Water Gun while following his trainer's order. Hoping he can get enough sunlight to power up a strong beam of solar energy, the Natu concentrates once again. Meanwhile, Water Gun snickers to himself. Not about to let the Natu fire upon him, the Blastoise's twin cannons begin to shoot a powerful blast of water that sends the reeling Nappy Head backwards. Man, that has got to hurt a lot. However, the Matu gets a little payback as he manages to get just enough sunlight to fire a powerful greenish beam of solar energy that makes Water Gun cry out in pain. Ouch, indeed.

Soon, Nappy Head snickers at Water Gun. Preparing to take in some more sunlight of which to fire a third beam of solar energy, the Natu patiently waits, and waits. After about a few minutes, the beam finally is fired out in Water Gun's direction. However, the Blastoise is ready this time, as he sets up a reflective barrier that manages to turn back the beam of solar energy towards its user, causing Nappy Head to cry out in pain, while Water Gun whistles in relief as he allows the barrier to fall, having served its purpose again. With this round over, what will become of Nappy Head and Water Gun in the future? Only time will tell as I wave my flag, declaring this third round to draw to a close.

Post Battle Stats:

Water Gun: 47% moderately fatigued, is a little confident
Nappy Head: 41% confused, hates the rain, is soaking wet

Arena: Rain Dance in effect for four more rounds

Icy
20th March 2003, 09:58 PM
Argh... I'm at a stupid public computer and have like 3 more minutes, so I can't really think of a strategy.

With the bird having trouble flying, let's see it evade this:

Icy Wind to *hopefully* hamper it's movement even more greatly. Numbing it will do that. Next Blizzard if it's slower, if not, Icy Wind again. Finally, Blizzard again if it's slower, if not use Icy Wind.

Icy Wind~Blizzard/Icy Wind~Blizzard/Icy Wind

ryandude713
20th March 2003, 10:00 PM
sunny day to warm up
then solar beam twice

sunny day ~ solar beam ~ solar beam

Icy
21st March 2003, 05:55 PM
With the 3 second I have- I'd like to remind the ref that the Sunny Day would just restore the arena to it's original weather state.

Knight of Time
21st March 2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Icy
With the 3 second I have- I'd like to remind the ref that the Sunny Day would just restore the arena to it's original weather state.

Icy: I know.

Unfortunately you guys will have to wait until tomorrow (or Sunday) before I can ref.

ryandude713
26th March 2003, 05:46 PM
ref?

Knight of Time
26th March 2003, 06:26 PM
ryandude713: Can you please be patient?

You know how I mentioned in the Absence Tower that I have a cold, so I don't know when I will ref this again. Please be patient.

ryandude713
26th March 2003, 06:54 PM
my appologies
take as much time as u need
just dont forget we is here

Little_Pikachu
28th March 2003, 08:50 PM
ryandude713 is in violation of the rules restricting the number of battles any particular person can have at one time. The limit is three. He will have to forfeit two of his five battles, and if he continues any of the five without forfeiting two, we will have to take disciplinary action.

Essentially, it isn't fair that one person can have five battles and everyone else can only have three. We can't give five battles to everyone because that would overwhelm the board's bandwidth. So everyone gets three instead.

I will be checking all five threads to ensure compliance.

ryandude713
28th March 2003, 09:26 PM
ill drop this one, cuz nothing has happened for a while

my appologies imp

Icy
29th March 2003, 12:00 AM
:(. I get back and I see this match is dropped?!?

Drats.

Weeeeeeeellllll, in that case I get my ONE WHOLE YEN!!!

And uh... evolve the sprout thingy into a big walking ugly thing!

Oddish ===> Gloom.