PDA

View Full Version : The Guild Wars Thread

Crazy
31st July 2005, 09:29 PM
From what I've played of it,this is a great game. It is an online RPG. I didn't say MMORPG,because while the towns are filled with people like WoW,once you pick your party and leave it's just you and them.The level cap is 20 which sounds low,but it cuts down grinding and allows the game to focus more around skill than level. There are six balanced classes and you pick one at the start,but later you can pick a second profession.Six doesn't sound like much,but each class is different and has its counters.The big thing about this game is PvP(the PvE is great,but what seperates it from others is that the PvP is great). You can create a guild or join someone else's and compete in tournaments. These tournaments allow you to gain faction points and a thing called favor of the gods. I think that if you have FoG then you get cheaper and better weapons or something like that.If you screw up on your players stats you can change them at any time. The best thing about this game however is that there is no monthly fee! There is much about this game I don't know,but I'm new and not very far. Now let us discuss the game. Feel free to post anything I missed about the game.If any of you play it,tell me and I'll add you to my friends list.

Current character is a Elementalist/Monk level 7.I'm trying to focus more on water than the other elements,and for the monk side I mostly smite and heal.Still not that far at all.

PNT510
31st July 2005, 11:49 PM
I really wanna get this game, but I there will be no room on my PC for it until I get a second hard drive.

Crazy
15th August 2005, 05:47 PM
BUMP. Arrg! This thread isn't getting any love.

PNT510
15th August 2005, 08:23 PM
[b]Don't bump a topic if you don't have anything else to add to the topic.