PDA

View Full Version : Random Tournament Submission

Andrew
1st August 2005, 01:08 AM
Here's my submission for a new tourney.

Random Tournament!

Welcome to Andrew's first tournament which I'm not competing in! Hoorah! When you enter this tournament, you can only use the random Pokemon allocated to yourself (Which is chosen at random... surprising, no?). This pokemon is your lifeline for the entire tournament. You can only use this pokemon in your Tournament battles. It is a basic level pokemon (Non-legendary) that has the capacity to evolve and I won't bridle anyone with a Pokemon along the lines of - Magikarp, Weedle, Wurmple, Caterpie or Whynut due to the obvious disadvantages.

Once you're allocated your Pokemon, you get to choose whom to battle in any arena against whichever opponant you want. You can refuse challenges too, but after 3 offers, you MUST accept the 3rd one. Or alternatively, if you're the only people left, you must battle. If there is a odd number of people, you can have a 3 person melee.

When you lose your battle, the opponant takes your Pokemon, leaving you eliminated. The winner then awaits the beginning of the next round of the games, with their now expanded group of Pokemon. They partake in battles and when they win, choose to take one of the loser's pokemon as one of their group. Pokemon will not have trainer issues, and will obey orders.

The grand winner gets to choose 3 of the Pokemon they earnt during the battles as one of their own. Not to mention a sum of 10 points.

Runner up gets to take 1 of their squad home along with 4 points.

3rd and 4th recieve one of their squad each. (No battle is needed to determine their standings)

You will not recive any points for winning individual battles in this tournament. But, you get to choose your opponant, and perhaps the arena. It can all work for or against you, but you have to play smart with what the randomizer gives you!

No entry fee for the new flagship Tourney of ASB since its ressurection!

Chris 2.1
1st August 2005, 07:32 AM
It sounds quite complicated. I think the best, easiest and most popular solution would be a standard tournament. But as it stands, reffing activity is pretty low atm so we might have a slight problem. Before the forums went down we were all ready for a Tournament but I don't know if this is still the case.

I liked the idea of a Whirl Cup, which would be where you choose 2 water Pokemon and fight other water types in a tourney. Obviously has more limits but could be fun.

However tournaments have to be approved before they can begin, and I think having more than 1 at a time might be a bit confusing for people. So, for now, I'm thinking we should hold on.

Chris 2.1
7th September 2005, 12:38 PM
This doesn't really need to stay open. However I'll keep the concept of the Random Tournament, and when we do decide to host it (whenever it may be) we will use it again.