PDA

View Full Version : My Nicknames

Dark Sage
3rd March 2003, 07:55 PM
Hello everyone; Venusaur here.

If you are a pokemon fan who likes to nickname his pokemon – like I do – but have a hard time think up names at the spur of the moment, maybe you should do what I did; think them up in advance.

I thought, just for fun, I’d list on this thread what I thought up. Perhaps they’ll inspire you.

A few words of explanation:

First, this list does not take into account pokemon you receive from trades with computer characters. I don’t know which pokemon you can get that way, and I’d be a fool not to accept such trades (traded pokemon grow faster). You can’t rename such pokemon; thus, some of these names will be unnecessary. However, since I do not know right now which pokemon you can get this way, I though them all up.

Each name below will only list the final evolutionary form to save space.

In most cases, I have put a (M) or an (F), followed by the name; this means I am purposely going to find a pokemon of that type who is a specific gender, as a name fits better.

In some cases, I will not put an (M) or (F); if I do not provide an explanation, it either means that I know the pokemon is genderless, or the name fits either gender and I don’t mind what I get.

Sometimes I have provided two names, one masculine, one feminine. If I do not provide an explanation, the reason is that I know that the pokemon is so rare that I have to take what I get.

If I want to make any explanation, I’ll do it with an Aside

On a final note, if you want me to explain what any of these names mean, or why I gave them to the pokemon, just ask.

So here we go:

SCEPTILE: (M) Dionysus (F) Demeter

BLAZIKEN: (M) Apollo (F) Freya

SWAMPERT: (M) Neptune (F) Theitis

Aside Having ordered both games, I have a plan to get all three starters in both; however, it involves restarting Ruby until I get a female Torchic, then restarting Sapphire until I get a female Treeko, trading it to Ruby, then starting Sapphire over and restarting it until I get a female Mudkip, trading it to Ruby, starting Sapphire over again, and then choosing Torchic there. Then in Ruby, I breed the Mudkip and Treeko and trade them to Sapphire. However, I don’t mind what gender the offspring is, so I made up two names.

MIGHTYENA: (M) Cerberus

LINOONE: (F): SanDiego

BEAUTIFLY: (F) Titania

DUSTOX: (M) Oberon

RUNPAPA: (M) Vicente

DARANGU: (M) Treebeard

SWELLOW: Audubon

PELLIPER: (M) Hemingway

SANATO: (F) Aphrodite

ANAMOSU: 3-D

BRELOOM: (M) Dodgson

VIGOROTH: (M) Erythnul

SLAKING: (M) Goliath

Aside: I intend to catch TWO Slakoth, one which I’ll let evolve into a Slaking, and one which I will not let evolve. Vigoroth can be quite useful if it doesn’t evolve.

ALAKAZAM: (F) Sabrina

NINCAOA: Apshai

NINJASK: (F) Van Dyne

NUKENIN: (F) Lolth

Aside: I also intend to catch two Nincaoa, one which I won’t evolve. Why? If you don’t evolve it, it learns False Swipe, and we all know how useful that move is.

BAKONG: (M) Hetfield

HARIYAMA: Mt. Fuji

SEAKING: (F) Nereid

GYRADOS: (M) Poseidon

AZUMALIL: (F) Sylph

GOLEM: (F) Gaea

NOSEPASS: Easter

DELCATTY: (F) Bast

CROBAT: (M): Lugosi

TENTACOOL: Kraken

SABLEYE: (M) Tolkien

MAWILE: (F) Siren

BOSUGADORA: Gamora

MACHAMP: (M) Holyfield

LYSHINU: (F) Eden

Aside I do not even know if the Meditite family comes in male versions – but if it does, I’m trying for a female nonetheless.

MANECTRIC: (M) Raiden

PLUSLE: Tweedledum

MINUN: Tweedledee

MAGNETON: Artoo

ELECTRODE: Newman

VOLBEAT: (M) Pierre

ILMUSE: (F) Marie

VILEPLUME: (F) Belladonna

BELLOSSOM: (F) Venus

DODRIO: (M) Triclyde

ROSILA: (F) Josephine

NARUNOMA: Bwimb

SHARPEDO: (M) Triton

CAMELRUPT: (M) Lawrence

MAGCARGO: Vesuvius

TORCAL: (M) Stoicus

MUK: Juiblex

WHEEZING: (M) Janus

BUPIGGU: (M) Orwell

SANDSLASH: (F) Calamity

SPINDA: (M) Roosevelt

SKARMORY: (F) St. Joan

FURAIGON: Jabberwock

NOKUTASU: Needlenose

Aside: Yes, I know, that may be the only “fun” name I have on this list, but I have been dying for an excuse to call a pokemon “Needlenose” for years, and now that I have an excuse, I’m not going to blow it!

ALTERIA: (M) Bahamut

ZANGOOSE: (F) Hepzibah

SEVIPER: (F) Cleopatra

RUNATOON: Armstrong

SHIRRUOOKU: Sol

NOMAZUN: (F) Nixie

TSUZRIGA: (M) Sebastian

NENDOORU: (M) Spielberg

KOSHUDORU: Audrey

AMARUDO: (M) Jack (F) Mulan

Aside: For the fossils, I know that I have to choose a different one in each game, then make sure I restart when I de-fossilize them so that a female comes up, so I can breed them and swap the off spring. I won’t have much choice what gender the offspring is; that isn’t a problem for Koshudoru, because the name I have fits both genders, but I thought up two names for Amarudo.

WIGGLYTUFF: (F) Whitney

MILTOTIC: (M) Cousteau

CASTFORM: (M) Odin (F) Frigga

STARMIE: Polaris

KELCEON: (M) Chaney

ZUBETA: (F) Kali

SAMAJONU: (M) Charon

TROPIUS: (F) Ehlonna

CHIRIN: Pinocchio

Aside: I may change this name once I figure out what the heck the deal is with this weird pokemon.

ABUSORU: (M) Anubis (F) Artemis

NINETAILS: (M) Reynard

RAICHU: (F): Halle

WOBBUFFET: (M) Foley

XATU: (F) Sacagawea

GIRAFARIG: Chimera

DONPHAN: (M) Cyrano

PINSIR: (M) Theseus

HERACROSS: (M) Lancelot

RHYDON: (M) Ares

ONIGORU: Orcus

TODOZERUGA: (M) Ringo

HANTERU: (M) Lagasse

SAKURABISU: (F) Ariel

ZURANU: Nautilus

CORSULA: (F) Kelpie

LANTURN: (M) Edison

RABUKASU: (F) Eos

Aside: Again, I may pick a new name once I figure out what the deal is with this weirdo.

KINGDRA: (F) Midgard

BOMANDA: (M) Smaug

METAGUROSU: Assimov

SHIZUROKU: Gibraltar

SHZIAESU: Thrym

SHYUSUCHIRU: Talos

LATIAS: Epoch

LATIOS: Eon

KYORGE: Leviathan

GROUDON: Behemoth

SHIKUUYA: Lao Tzu

Aside:: Seeing as you can only get the last two the way you get Mew and Celebi, I do not know if it is even possible to nickname them. But if it is…

JESTAR: Percival

DEOXY: Salk

Well, that’s all the obtainables so far (maybe I get around to thinking up names for everyone else later.

If you want explanations (and no doubt some of you do) don’t hesitate to ask.

- Venusaur

hebesphenomegacorona
3rd March 2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Venusaur

LINOONE: (F): SanDiego

ANAMOSU: 3-D

DELCATTY: (F) Bast

SABLEYE: (M) Tolkien

LYSHINU: (F) Eden

NARUNOMA: Bwimb

MUK: Juiblex

ALTERIA: (M) Bahamut

NOMAZUN: (F) Nixie

ONIGORU: Orcus

ZURANU: Nautilus

SHIZUROKU: Gibraltar

SHZIAESU: Thrym

SHYUSUCHIRU: Talos

SHIKUUYA: Lao Tzu

Well, that?s all the obtainables so far (maybe I get around to thinking up names for everyone else later.

If you want explanations (and no doubt some of you do) don?t hesitate to ask.

- Venusaur

Yes, I want explanations. And the ones I have in my quote, WHO ARE THEY?

Yeahyeahyeah, It may be lazy, but I can't see a Shyusuhiru in the Pokefor Pokedex. So sue me.

Juiblex?

Dark Sage
3rd March 2003, 08:44 PM
Your wish is my command:

Anamosu has big eyes, so it reminds me of 3-D glasses.

SanDiego: With their PickUp trait, the Zigzagoon family are born thieves, so this is a dedication to Carmen SanDiego, the notorious thief from that old series of educational PC games.

Bast: The name of the Egyption goddess of pleasure, who had the head of a cat.

Tolkien: Since Sableye looks like Gollum, from "Lord of the Rings," I'm naming it after the original author of "Lord of the Rings," J.R.R. Tolkien.

Eden: Lyashinu looks like a harem girl, so I'm nameing her after Barbera Eden, the star of "I Dream of Jeanie"

Nautilus: Name of the submarine in H.G. Wells classic sci-fi novel "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"

Nixie: In Irish folklore, a water fairy.

Gibraltar: Since Shizuroku is made of Rock, I'm naming him after the Rock of Gibraltar.

Thrym: Shiziaroku is made of Ice; in Norse myth, Thrym was king of the Frost Giants.

Talos: Shyusuchiru is made of Steel. In Greek myth, Talos was a gigantic living statue of iron, created by the master craftsman Daedalus, which guarded the island of Crete; no enemy ship could get past him (it would take a long time to tell his story - if you want the complete tale, PM me).

Lao Tzu: Shikuuya is a green oriental dragon; Lao Tzu is the legendary founder of Taoism, a philosopher so legendary, there is doubt as to whether he existed at all. The philosopher Confucius (who certainly DID exist) claimed to have met Lao Tzu, and when peopl asked him to describe the elder philosopher, Confucius described him as "The Dragon" (Again, if you want the full legend of Lao Tzu, PM me).

Orcus, Bahamut, Juiblex, Bwimb: Aheh... I should have explained these more... Although Orcus is mentioned briefly in Milton's "Paradise Lost," in order to truly know these personalities, you have to be a fan of the "Dungeons & Dragons" role playing game. I'll explain briefly: Bahamut is the Lord of All Noble and Virtuous Dragons; Orcus is a Demon King who looks like a stereotypical demon; Bwimb is an elemental creature who is a combination of earth and water (it calls itself the Lord of Ooze); and Jubilex is another Demon King that calls himself the Lord of Oozes, Slimes, and Fungus (although chances are no-one has ever challenged him for that title.

So, basically you can now see that the names fit.

- Venusaur

The Muffin Man
3rd March 2003, 09:44 PM
Your wish is my command, eh? Well I wish you'd stop making posts for which their already IS a topic...

*click*Go post in the other one.