PDA

View Full Version : Apple MightyMouse

Metallixs Girl
2nd August 2005, 10:09 PM
http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

Meet the mouse that reinvented the wheel. The scroll wheel, that is. At $49, Mighty Mouse features the revolutionary Scroll Ball that lets you move anywhere inside a document, without lifting a finger. And with touch-sensitive technology concealed under the seamless top shell, you get the programability of a four-button mouse in a single-button design. Click, roll, squeeze and scroll. This mouse just aced the maze.
Spry and Mighty

In the beginning, there was one button. Then there were two. Then there were clickable scroll wheels and programmable toggles and solid-state slides. But nobody made a mouse as easy to use as your Mac. Until now. Mighty Mouse combines the capability of a multibutton mouse with Apple’s signature top-shell design for the best of both form and function. Use it any way you work: Stick with single-button simplicity or click with multibutton efficiency.
Get Around

Time is round. Space is curved. Why should your mouse be linear? Plenty of applications require you to do more than scroll up and down. Mighty Mouse offers 360-degree scrolling capability, thanks to its Scroll Ball, perfectly positioned to roll smoothly under just one finger. Explore the farthest reaches of your files — pan images in iPhoto, view timelines in iMovie HD and Final Cut Pro, traverse bars in GarageBand and Logic Pro — with one hand tied behind your back (or holding a cup of coffee or typing). Mighty Mouse gives you room to roam.
You’ll Really Click

Touch-sensitive technology under Mighty Mouse’s seamless top shell detect where you’re clicking, transforming your sleek, one-button mouse into a two-button wonder. But the innovation doesn’t end there. Apple engineers added force-sensing buttons on either side of Mighty Mouse that let you squeeze the mouse between your thumb and finger, activating Mac OS X Tiger Dashboard, Exposé or a whole host of other, customizable features — instantly.
The Mouse That Roared

Unlike any other mouse on the market, Mighty Mouse was designed specifically to work with Mac OS X Tiger. Up-to-the minute information on Dashboard is only a click away. Viewing, hiding and selecting your windows via Exposé is just as simple. And because Mac OS X Tiger makes Mighty Mouse programmable, you choose where every click takes you.

Wow, that looks kinda cool, but I can do most of that on my PC mouse that came with my computer 4 years ago. Is Apple a tad behind?

fat man with a monkey
3rd August 2005, 10:17 AM
Apple and everyone else are about on even playing grounds, it just depends on what you use your machine for. Apple wants out of the box usability, so one button. if you need to do more, that's great! Just one button, learn to make do. Try explaining two buttons to your technilliterate grandparents. Not the easiest thing in the world. Oh, take note, this is coming from both an Intel and a windows fanboy ;o though the mouse requires drivers to work at all, and apple hasn't released any for windows

Kris
3rd August 2005, 11:42 AM
I like this idea and may look at getting one for my laptop.

The Decapitated Mole
3rd August 2005, 02:52 PM
Meh. Looks alright, but my favorite mouse design still belongs to the roller mouse (http://contourdesign.com/rollermouse/). My cousin works at Contour Design so we got one for free, and it is fucking fantastic. Especially the pads and the double click button in the center.. absolutely wonderful.

o_0
jimm

kainashi
3rd August 2005, 09:16 PM
took them long enough to finally get away from that one button crap.

Kris
4th August 2005, 07:23 AM
There is no need for a second button though, Ive never once thought 'Damn i need that right button!' I like it just being one

kainashi
4th August 2005, 06:07 PM
i just think it'd be awkward to use a one button mouse. probably because i'm so used to having 2+ buttons.

Kris
5th August 2005, 05:49 PM
I know what you mean, I can no longer use two buttons. It confuses me.

Mac, the blonde computer!