PDA

View Full Version : Question about online games

SoulflameNinetales
4th August 2005, 10:15 PM
I'm new but interested in playing online.

After a lot of thought, i've narrowed it down to two choices, World Of Warcraft or Guild Wars.

Which is best for a noob to play?

Crazy
5th August 2005, 06:24 AM
Well for a newb. Guild Wars,because I bought it new to the whole MMO thing. I caught on pretty quick,and the best thing is that online is free! Now WoW is no doubt a great game,from what I've heard,but you have to pay. Then again the level cap is much higher in WoW and if that's important you should probably get it. Both WoW and Guild Wars have PvP,but in Guild Wars PvP is a major part of the game. You can obviously join a guild and fight others to gain the Favor of the Gods,which unlocks 2 new areas that hold cool weapons and such. Since the level cap in Guild Wars is 20 it reduces grinding and makes the game more about skill than level. Guild Wars PvE is also good,but it is really only half of the game. You unlock skills in PvE and then you can use them in PvP. There are 6 classes which can be combined with others,and are all different from each other. Each class has 75 skills. Oh I should warn you that while the town is filled with people like any other MMO game,once you leave it it is just you and your party which can go up to 10 or something like that(I may be off). They're both great though.