PDA

View Full Version : Chris 2.0 VS (Oz)Andrew! Ref: Chris W

Chris 2.1
6th August 2005, 06:48 AM
Ok Andrew, as agreed on msn we have a little battle to have. Mwa-ha-ha.

Rules
1 Pokemon each
You pick my Pokemon and I'll pickyour Pokemon
You pick my Poke first, I pick your Poke first, then you attack first
DQ Time: N/A
Arena: Atop a large Sky Scraper in New York. It is daybreak.
Banned moves: Rest, Attract, Substitute

Ok then, let's go!

Andrew
6th August 2005, 07:03 AM
I wish to battle your pokemon - Cubone!

Chris 2.1
6th August 2005, 07:09 AM
Hrm. Fine, I choose your Mawile [F].

Andrew
6th August 2005, 07:24 AM
Hooray, Mawille, lets go! Prove your worth deary!

First off, if that Cubone tries to use its Bone on you, use CRUNCH and keep it in your maw, otherwise, continue!

Lets start off with a Rain Dance, then I'd appreciate it if you could use an Ice Beam. Finishing off this round, could you be a dear and perhaps use a Brick Break on Cubone's skull. Preferably to the temple.

ANd they're off!

Chris Watarimono
6th August 2005, 04:03 PM
I am continuing my reffing streak by volunteering for this battle! :biggrin:

-Chris R.

Chris 2.1
7th August 2005, 05:40 AM
Fine Cubone, let's go!

Use a bonemerang to begin with. Then use flamethrower to melt the oncoming ice beam, and finish with a thief to steal your bone club back.

PS: Cubone is Male.

Chris Watarimono
7th August 2005, 03:30 PM
Before the Battle...

~Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, as we make our way towards a fancy skyscraper in the heart of New York, Neuuuuuuuuuuu Yoooorrrrrkkkk!! XD It's me, the almighty Chris W., as I take a ride over in our TPMASBL Helicopters (TM), enjoying the marvelous scenery overhead. Even though I live nearby, I like coming in style. :p As we make our way over to the battlefield, we see Chris 2.0, TPMASBL moderator, and Andrew, a meanie trainer who gave me a good beat- I mean a strong and respectable trainer! ^_^; Finally, the helicopter lands, and I emerge, tuxedo and all, to the beginning of our bout, another quick 1v1er. On Chris' side, we see his Male Cubone, and on Andrew's side, we see his Female Mawile. Interestingly, the Pokemon chosen were from each opponent, rather than from their own set. How will this play out with their strategy? Will the skyscraper height be an issue? Will I ever get a bag of peanuts and cracker jack? Find out the answer to these questions and more as our battle is now underway!~

[center]Chris 2.0
O
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs272.gif (M)
HP/SP: 100%/100%

VS

Andrew
O
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs069.gif (F)

[b]Track: Tsunami Bomb - Russian Roulette

Chris Watarimono
7th August 2005, 04:32 PM
Before the Battle...

Chris 2.0
O

VS

Andrew
O

ROUND 1!

Arena: Ontop of a NY skyscraper. It's early in the morning.
Track: Tsunami Bomb - Russian Roluette

Orders!

Cubone: Bonemerang ~ Flamethrower ~ Thief
Mawile: Rain Dance ~ Ice Beam ~ Brick Break (Crunch)

LET'S START!

Something isn't right, something's got you down
You feel mechanical, a lost soul in the crowd
You're one of us so none of us are going to listen to you complain
You better shut - Shut! - shut your mouth, or when we're through with you, You'll be ashamed!

~As I straighted my tuxedo, the two Pokemon, the Cubone and the Mawile, were at it already. Cubone sent outs its lethal club, hardened by the constant battles, and tosses it into a arc. Mawile looks at the club hungrily, and clamps it down with her enormous maw, stopping the attack. Yum. The Mawile, having no use of a loose bone in her mouth, spits it out, and wields it as her own, although she is unable to know how to properly use it in battle.

With her jaw free, Mawile fires a beam of powerful crystalline energy at her bony opponent, while Cubone spews a stream of scarlet flames. Unfortunately, I happened to be right nearby when the two attacks collided, frying and freezing my suit to bits Uwah!. In the end however, the fire attack won out, melting the ice, and continuing on its path. Although weakened somewhat, the flames still licked Mawile.

As I recovered my posture, both Pokemon decided to go up close this time around. Mawile's enormous maw glowed with chi energies and she started towards the Cubone. At the same time, the ground monster started towards the Mawile as well. Once again, they collided into each other, sending both monsters flying back. Cubone was the worse off this time around, with a nasty crack on the left side of its skull helmet, as well as being staggered from the assult. On the other side, Mawile only wore a small weal on her wrists, although the bone club held by her previously was now gone. In fact, its right on the middle of the skyscraper floor!

Well...so much for my fancy tuxedo. It's semi-fancy now. =\~

[center]Fin Round 1

[center]Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 90%/83%
Staggered, without bone club, crack on left side of helm

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 87%/79%
Weals on wrists

Bone club is on the middle of the arena.

Chris 2.0 attacks first.
Andrew attacks after.

Chris 2.1
8th August 2005, 06:55 AM
Cubone I want you to use a screech to distract Mawile while you retrieve your club. Then use brick break and follow with flamethrower. If Mawile tries attacking you while you retrieve your club, use fire punch at her. But if she uses rain dance, switch flamethrower with bone club and fire punch with thunderpunch.

Andrew
17th August 2005, 09:22 PM
Sorry about the delay, I've been working non-stop the past week or so.... if I have time today, I'll post attacks.

Andrew
19th August 2005, 08:05 AM
Um, like Mawile, I'd like you to ignore the screech and encase the bone in a ice with an Ice Beam! Lets see it handle a clunky chunk of ice. Or better, still, freeze it to the arena floor.

When Cubone rushes at you with its little fist, catch it in your maw with a Poison Fang. Finally, when it fires off its Flamethrower, I'd like you to counter it with a Sludge Bomb.

Chris Watarimono
23rd August 2005, 02:46 PM
After Round 1...

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 90%/83%
Staggered, without bone club, crack on left side of helm

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 87%/79%
Weals on wrists

ROUND 2!

Orders!

Cubone: Screech ~ Retrieve club ~ Flamethrower (Fire Punch; Bone Club; Thunderpunch)
Mawile: Ice Beam ~ Poison Fang ~ Sludge Bomb

LET'S ROCK!

If you wanna be in, you're in!
If you wanna get out, get out!
Or take the Russian roulette, and bet you're going down!

~After brushing myself after that messy rabble that was the first round, Andrew's Mawile aims hungrily at Cubone's precious bone club, and proceeds to fire off a narrow stream of ice to sucessfully freeze it. Cubone however manages to snap out of its stupor and releases a ear-splitting Screech audiable throughout the entire city, shattering several of the windows in the vincity. Mawile can't bear the horrible noise that she loses focus of her Ice Beam and sends it sprawling towards...my direction?

Noooo! Not my shoes! Not my precious $300+ shoes! Anything but...ARGH!!!

The Ice Beam ends its course and ends up freezing the rest of the northernmost part of the skyscraper roof. Greatttt...go ahead and freeze up my side of the arena while you guys lounge around in warmth.

With my personal greivances aside, the Cubone hurridly dashes toward his bone club in the commotion and hastily picks it up once more, as Pokemon is now reunited with his fellow bone once more. This victory is short lived as the Mawile lunges downward and sinks her vicious fangs into the skull helm of the ground Pokemon. Normally, with a type resistance, this wouldn't be a big issue. However, the Mawile cleverly sinks her fangs into the deep gouge made previously, infecting the Cubone with a horrible venom.

Fed up with this, Cubone blasts the Mawile off with a powerful stream of flames, throwing the steel monster a good meter or two from him. In retailiation, Mawile fires another horrible substance towards the ground Pokemon, exploding and gushing all over Cubone upon contact, sending poison mess everywhere...including all over here? Eeek!

Uh...guys? Could you please take a little easy over here? I don't know how much my suit can take any longer...;_;~

[center]Fin Round 2

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 73%/69%
Crack on left side of helm

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 74%/60%
Weals on wrists

[b]Arena: Ontop of a NY skyscraper. It's early in the morning.
The northernmost part of the roof is encased in ice.

* = The reason I didn't include Brick Break above in the reffing is because Cubone was ordered to pull off four actions in a sense with Screech ~ Get Club ~ Brick Break ~ Flamethrower. Since Cubone was in the process of retrieving his bone club, Brick Break got shunted off.

Andrew attacks first.
Chris 2.0 attacks after.

Andrew
23rd August 2005, 07:17 PM
Ok Mawille, first off, I want you to use a brick break again to the weak side of Cubone's skull. Then, use a delightful Double Team and finally an ice beam. Aim for Cubone's weak cracked skull again.

Sorry about the delay, 2 jobs, moving, sick, uni. Overwhelming

Chris 2.1
24th August 2005, 12:04 PM
Protect first. Use bone rush to take out the clones and counter the ice beam with a flamethrower.

Chris Watarimono
26th August 2005, 03:35 PM
After Round 2...

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 73%/69%

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 74%/60%
Weals on wrists

ROUND 3!

[color=orange][b]Arena: Ontop of a NY skyscraper. It's early in the morning.
The northernmost part of the roof is encased in ice.

Orders!

Cubone: Protect ~ Bone Rush ~ Flamethrower
Mawile: Brick Break ~ Double Team ~ Ice Beam

LET'S ROCK!

Thought you had friends, thought you knew this band
If you want your life to be your own, divided we stand
Shooting for stability is pointless cause you gotta deal with me
I'm seeing red, if you turn back now you'll wish - You! Were! Dead!

~As I figure out how to what to do with my suit now, Mawile lunges forward as her fists glow with chi energy. As she's about to make a direct hit, Cubone parries the attack in time by setting up his own force field, nullifing the blow. This force knocks Mawile off somewhat as she begins to fake several images in her likeness around the ground monster.

With Cubone reunited with his bone, he lunges towards each of the images in an erratic manner. He swings his bone club furiously, hoping to strike the real Mawile in the process. The first strike ends up as a miss! The second too ends up as a waste. And the third is going to be a....

...BLONK! That is the sound as the Cubone strikes the real Mawile hard on her kisser, sending her tumbling near the cold zone. At this instance, the rest of her images vanish into nothingness as a fresh bruise lays on top of her giant maw.

Hoping to retailliate, Mawile fires of another powerful beam of ice at the Cubone, which once again gets melted down to size by Cubone's Flamethrower attack. The attack rips through the ice attack, albeit weakened somewhat, roasting the steel type to a crisp, as well as burning away the surrounding ice near Mawile.

With such crazy rabble going on in the morning, some early morning commuters stare up to the skyscraper, hoping to catch a glimpse of the action overhead. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go find some dry cleaners to get this suit cleaned up. You guys will have to find-Waahahahaa! *slips and falls on the ice* Oof! X_X;~

[center]Fin Round 3

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 68%/47%

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 57%/41%
Weals on wrists, bruise on top of maw, near icy part of roof

The northernmost part of the roof is encased in ice. Some have been burned out.
Some early morning commuters are looking up at the battle from the ground.

Chris 2.0 attacks first.
Andrew attacks after.

Chris 2.1
26th August 2005, 04:14 PM
Ok Cubone, use three flamethrowers. If Mawile uses rain dance then use brick break.

If Mawile tries biting you (poison fang, crunch or other) then smash its jaw with a bone club and try to break it.

Andrew
1st September 2005, 06:27 PM
Ok Mawille, time to whip up a Sandstorm to negate some of these flamethrowers (Like Cacnea does! It doesn't even need sand aroudn to create this attack! Thank GOD) Then, I'd really appreciate it if you fired off a Solarbeam, and finish off with using a Faint Attack to avoid the Flamethrower.

Sorry, been really busy, see LJ for details!

Chris Watarimono
11th September 2005, 08:30 PM
After Round 3...

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 68%/47%

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 57%/41%
Weals on wrists, bruise on top of maw, near icy part of roof

ROUND 4!

Some early morning commuters are looking up at the battle from the ground.
[b]Track: Tsunami Bomb - Russian Roluette

Orders!

Cubone: Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower (Brick Break; Bone Club)
Mawile: Sandstorm ~ Solarbeam ~ Faint Attack

LET'S ROCK!

If you wanna be in, you're in!
If you wanna get out, get out!
Or take the Russian Roulette, and bet you're going down!

~Owwwww...crazy Cubone...mad Mawile...huh..wha...?

Awah!!! Not a Sandstorm! Anything but a Sandstorm! Awah! Noooo!!! *gets tossed aside and lands on the hard rooftop* Oof! X_X

...Oh, where was I again? Oh, yes...

Mawile apparently has decided to brew up a sandstorm in the heart of New York, since the storm is emancipating from her monster. The storm itself sends several dust, broken glass, and other debris flying all over the place. The storm's range isn't enormous enough to affect the crowd from below, but now the entire battlefield is obscured from their viewpoint.

Speaking of obscured, Cubone tries to aim its Flamethrower towards Mawile, but it gets effortlessly nullified by the vicious weather as the flames strike the swirling dust. Mawile, meanwhile charges up for a powerful beam attack by gathering up as much meager solar energy available as possible. Cubone tries again to go for a direct hit with his fire attack, yet it only licks the Steel type on her maw. However, its enough to exaggerate Mawile's wound.

With Cubone in sights, Mawile sucessfully releases all her solar energy. The beam tears through part of the sand cyclone and wreaks upon the Ground monster for heavy damage, tossing him across the roof all the way to the very edge. Cubone stops himself from falling off by using his bone as a brake and spews another jet of flames. This time, Cubone makes his mark by breaking though the opening made previously, charring up the Mawile big time.

Oh great...first fugly poison blobs, frozen shoes, and now this...Bleah!~

[center]Fin Round 4

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 45%/26%
Crack on left side of helm, at the very edge of the roof

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 35%/24%
Weals on wrists, bruise on top of maw, near icy part of roof, sand storm swirling around her

Some early morning commuters can't see the battle from the ground.
SANDSTORM RAGES - 2 More Turns

* = Without extremely bright sunlight (Such as Sunny Day), Solarbeam is a two turn attack (one to charge; another to attack), so Faint Attack was pushed off.
** = What should happen if one of your monsters fall off? Should I establish realistic rules in this case (meaning if a Pokemon falls off, they'd suffer severe/critical injuries or even death)? After all, I don't recall realistic matches in the TPMASBL.

Andrew attacks first.
Chris 2.0 attacks after.

Andrew
11th September 2005, 09:03 PM
Lets use a Fake Tears to distract poor Cubone and then use a Faint Attack + Ice Beam Combo aimed at his eyes to blind him.

THANK YOU IMMENSELY CHRIS W AND CHRIS 2.0!

Chris 2.1
12th September 2005, 09:06 AM
If someone falls from the roof usually they are brought back up and take a certain % of damage. But I would prefer something less cheap, and instead have perhaps a barrier protecting them or something. It's entirely up to you how things happen.

Cubone screech over those pathetic fake tears. Then use a flamethrower x2 while spinning around so that Mawile runs right into your flames and that ice beam melts.

Chris Watarimono
14th September 2005, 06:25 PM
After Round 4...

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 45%/26%
Crack on left side of helm, at the very edge of the roof

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 35%/24%
Weals on wrists, bruise on top of maw, near icy part of roof, sand storm swirling around her

ROUND 5!

Some early morning commuters can't see the battle from the ground.
SANDSTORM RAGES - 2 More Turns

Orders!

Cubone: Screech ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower
Mawile: Fake Tears ~ Faint Attack + Ice Beam

LET'S ROCK!

Waaaaaoooooooh!

~Despite the battle progressing, the flow of time still passes. Dawn becomes day as a larger crowd begins to pile up at the very base of the building, many with news cameras and other such equipement. Neither of them are still sucessful in seeking out any details from their position, alas.

Mawile performs a sympathy act by crying out false tears of fear and insecurity. Unfortunately, due to the violent sand storm swirling around the entire rooftop, its barely visible to anyone, let alone Cubone. Therefore, the Ground Pokemon mercilessly emits another horrible noise snapping Mawile back to reality, as well as causing her to shiver in agony.

Waaaaaoooooooh!

With her exposed, Cubone takes aim and releases a clear shot of flames towards the Steel monster while spinning around and around, but the raging sands buffer much of the brunt. The resulting attack merely singes Mawile, which is only meager compared to a direct hit.

Waaaaaoooooooh!

Cubone prepares itself and begins to twirl around and around once more. Mawile vanishes from the center of the roof, and reappears right above the Ground monster with crystalline energy in her enormous maw. The Flamethrower burns up Mawile and her attack somewhat, yet the ice attack is sucessful in striking Cubone's eyes, blinding him somewhat and causing him to stumble dangerously on the edge of the rooftop.

WaaaaaoooooOOOOOoooOOOOOooh!

Both Pokemon are now on the verge of heaving heavily big time, so it's only a matter of time before one or the other ends up sucumbing. I hate to see what would happen if any one of the Pokemon do manage to fall off*. *gulps*~

[center]Fin Round 5

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 31%/5%
Crack on left side of helm, dangerously on very edge of the roof, blinded

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 23%/7%
Weals on wrists, bruise on top of maw

Arena: Ontop of a NY skyscraper. It's late morning/early afternoon.
A large audience building up by the moment can't see the battle from the ground.
SANDSTORM RAGES - 1 More Turn

* = Don't worry. If a Pokemon falls off, it won't be anything fatal. lol.

Chris 2.0 attacks first.
Andrew attacks after.

Chris 2.1
15th September 2005, 10:33 AM
From what I can tell, a pokemon using faint attack slams into the Pokemon - it doesn't jump on it from above. Obviously if Andrew stated it, then Mawile could propel itself over the flamethrower and attack Cubone from above, but I didn't see that in his post.

Chris Watarimono
15th September 2005, 05:48 PM
From what I can tell, a pokemon using faint attack slams into the Pokemon - it doesn't jump on it from above. Obviously if Andrew stated it, then Mawile could propel itself over the flamethrower and attack Cubone from above, but I didn't see that in his post.

Well...yes. You're correct on the fact that the user vanishes and reappears striking the foe with body contact. However, Andrew ordered for a combo attack in conjuction with Ice Beam, and as a result, things had to be done differently. Therefore, Mawile had to start the move as usual, then pull off the Ice Beam from above the opponent. If she tried the attack from up close, then it'd be akward since the attack would be jammed. Don't forget since Mawile had to aim the attack at a specific point of Cubone's body, and so she had to change her angle of reappearance as a result.

-Chris R.

Chris 2.1
16th September 2005, 09:08 AM
Well it's down to interpretation, but I would have reffed it as Mawile racing through the air, dissapearing and firing off the ice beam as she went. It's a poor combo really because it ruins the dissapearing act.

Anyway it's my turn.

Cubone use a sunny day to melt the ice that's blinding you. Then use ice beam and flamethrower.

Andrew
22nd September 2005, 11:38 PM
Mawille, do nothing to recover energy. Hopefully Cubone will wear itself out.

Chris Watarimono
24th September 2005, 10:26 AM
After Round 5...

Chris 2.0
O
HP/SP: 31%/5%
Crack on left side of helm, dangerously on very edge of the roof, blinded

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 23%/7%

ROUND 6!

Arena: Ontop of a NY skyscraper. It's late morning/early afternoon.
A large audience building up by the moment can't see the battle from the ground.
SANDSTORM RAGES - 1 More Turn

Orders!

Cubone: Sunny Day ~ Ice Beam ~ Flamethrower
Mawile: Relax ~ Relax ~ Relax

LET'S ROCK!

You better watch your back cause we're on the attack
You better watch your back,
There's no turning back when I say...
One! Don't you understand what you've done?
Two! Let's even up the score!
Three! By now you'd better be heading right for the door! Yeah!

~With the battle down to the wire, both monsters prepare themselves for what seem to be the final round of the matchup. Mawile, who is staggering around the stormy rooftop, decides to take a seat on the ground, hoping to regain her wind. Cubone, who's just as likely to collapse, however hopes to push the steam by summoning bright skies to part the clouds and vicious sand storm. The cold snap that struck his eyes soothes away, freeing up its eyesight, as well as dispelling the sand storm resulting with a rather messy (and hazardous) rooftop with glass shards and dust balls everywhere, not to mention the ice panels made previously.

Alas, that's all that Cubone can muster as his head begins to droop. The ground monster struggles to keep focus, yet the enervation is far too empowering. The crowd at the foot of the skyscraper, some now able to finally see the battle at last, shriek and scream in horror as the ground monster plunges from the very edge of the rooftop. This isn't looking good...

Me: Go! Joann! Rescue Cubone!
Joann: Blu! ^-^

My Swablu races down the rooftop, capturing the fallen Pokemon with her talons, and safely deposits him right at the feet of Chris 2.0. It looks like Cubone is unable to battle! Andrew and his Mawile are today's winners!

Now that's overwith, what am I going to do with my suit now? First roasted, splatted, frozen, and now dusty! Ah...whatever. I might as well just purchase a new one. Looks like I'll have to go break out the midnight oil and go overtime. Bleah. ;_;~

[center]Fin Round 6

Chris 2.0
X
HP/SP: 31%/0%
Crack on left side of helm, rescued from falling by Joann the Swablu

VS

Andrew
O
HP/SP: 23%/12%

Andrew wins 2 points!
Chris 2.0 wins 1 points!
I win 2 points!

Fwahahaha! Good game both of you! That was great! =D

-Chris R.

Chris 2.1
24th September 2005, 04:05 PM
Damn i didn't realize we were on 5 fatigue! Eeps. Anyway good work Cubone, you whittled that things HP down something spectacular. Now let's get you evolved.

Thanks for reffing Chris.

Andrew
27th September 2005, 02:15 AM
I'm number 1! I'm number 1! Hoorah! Thank you for reffing Chris W, also MASSIVE thanks to Chris 2.0 for putting up with my massively inactive stuff too.

Aww, well, Mawille, still, good work. But you're still useless.

:)

Time to go catch something useful. Obviously a Togepi. jk