PDA

View Full Version : Ten Steps From Immortality ~Starts~

Roy Karrde
8th August 2005, 08:39 PM
Ten Steps From Immortality

[I]Place your trust into fate, and let the wind guide you [I]

It's 2020
We exist in a golden age of technology where fossil fuels are no longer used to drive our cars, and we no longer have to wait one minute for popcorn to pop. Magic has gone the way of the dinosaurs in this era. Most of the spells and incantations have long since been forgotten. Most magical objects have either been lost to time or destroyed. People have even forgotten about magic and now dismiss it as a cheap trick of light or eye. The last remnants of magic now remain in the mysterious Sakura cards that are now in the possession of the very powerful Daidouji family, a family owned toy-manufacturing company that is trying to discover the true magic of the Sakura cards. The company while trying to harness the card’s power for new and wonderful things, one day something accidentally releases some of the cards, which slowly begin to wreck havoc on Tokyo. Tomoyo in a effort to get the cards collected again before people find out that her family’s company is behind the events, has the rest of the cards return to their original Clow Card form and seals a few away to be given to people she believes that have the ability to recapture the cards.

That is where you come in, it’s the end of summer and everyone is gearing up to go back to school. Meanwhile unexplained things begin to happen all around the city. One day you get a package from the Daidouji family saying that you have won a chance to try a new product of theirs. Inside you find one Clow Card and a small key that can be enlarged into a staff. The instructions say that other magical creatures and objects are hidden over Tokyo, it’s up to you to help capture them and seal them away into cards. The cards have changed though, the magic in them now feeds on their new masters thoughts and emotions, slowly changing your body to fit your actions if they are good or evil.

Meanwhile a shadowy woman who allowed the Sakura Cards to escape now watches with one of the cards she stole and plans to capture them for herself. Her plans for the cards and how she was able to use magic to cause them to be released remains a mystery to everyone but her.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

For a list of the sign ups, and cards, here is a link to the sign up topic. Sign Up Topic (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=42656.0)

Virtual Play has placed a list on his website to help anyone or for a quick check over, the list is here (http://www.virtualplay.net/card_affinities.html)

My Sign Up.

Name: Marufuji, Shouta [Last name, First name]
Sex: Male
Description: He has fairly light skin with hazel eyes and messy black hair that he never keeps combed, he has a short round mark on his forehead that he got from chicken pox. He’s somewhat short for his age only about five foot three inches. He wears a gray jacket that he never buttons up with a red shirt underneath. He keeps the staff key on a small golden chain around his neck. He wears long baggy blue jeans that look somewhat like the Jinkos that went out of style around eight years ago.
Personality: He’s very shy about his height and it’s a very touchy situation for him. He is extremely shy around girls and usually locks up when one is talking to him. Yet in turn he’s very adventurous due to all the video games he has played in his life. Most of the time he can remain silent but he is known for outbursts and a bit of reckless enthusiasm.
Battle Costume Description: None
Angelic or Demon Description: His skin somewhat glows in the dark now, his eyes change to a more silverish color, and if the light hits the area above his head just right, it looks as if he has a halo.
Staff: In locket version it looks like nothing more than a very short keyish version of the full staff. It has a tiny white pole connected to a bit larger black circle with a grayish orb in the middle of it. The full version has about a four foot long white pole, connected to a round black circle that is about a foot tall. Inside of the circle is about a 11 inch tall orb that contains swirling gray gas that spins and moves faster when it activates a card.
Starter Card: Shadow {D}
Capture Cards: Silent {D}, Sleep{A}, Snow {A}
Capture/Release Yell None
Other: He really likes Snow.

Daidouji Tomoyo

“I don’t like this,” Tomoyo whispered, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. The lab coat made her feel constricted and confined, the sterilized feel of the lab at her family’s company never made her feel comfortable. She belonged out designing clothes or editing film for new commercials, or if she had any spare time, editing video of Sakura-chan’s* old adventures. Even seeing the old pink Sakura cards laying on the lab table behind the thick protection glass brought back old memories of boundless adventures, where every day could lead to another Clow Card or adventure.

“It will just be another few minutes Daidouji-sama,” a lab tech whispered, almost afraid that the voice would disrupt the finely tuned lasers that washed over each card. Lasers that were scanning each one to detect their magical power in a way to activate and harness that power for a possible city wide virtual reality program. Or even more wonderful things that they could not even begin to imagine now.

Tomoyo nodded flashing a smile while trying to look interested; she wouldn’t act rude or disinterested to a scientist that had spent the last three years studying Sakura-chan’s cards. Even when Sakura-chan had approached her a few years back to see if she could use any of the cards to help the keep the company from falling into bankruptcy, she had felt guilty. It was even worse when she finally broke down and accepted her friend’s offer. Now all of those years and Sakura-chan’s generosity was finally going to be paid off.

"Yeah, Okaasan said that her cards were always willing to help a friend in need," Kohana-chan said when she had brought Sakura-chan daughter aboard for the project; she knew that Sakura-chan did not feel as if she owed her something, but it was the least she could do. Smiling up at her Kohana’s eyes scanned the monitors. Tomoyo looked at Kohana-chan and couldn't help but see her own best friend in the eyes of Sakura-chan's daughter. "Everything will be fine, Daidouji-san." Kohana-chan said reassuringly when she realized all of the stress and worry that was surrounding Tomoyo.

“You're right, Kohana-chan, and I’m sure everyone here is doing their best,” Tomoyo smiled, glancing away from the cards. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted a wisp of smoke trail away from the room where the cards were held. “Something..” She gasped her eyes searching the room for more of the mysterious smoke.

She wasn’t able to finish the sentence before a shudder rocked both room throwing lasers off balance and sending beams of light made of variety of colors flying around the room. Security alarms began to ring as one by one each card began to glow, turning from a faint pinkish color to a white beam of light. Each beam of light took off from the table and flew through the nearest wall. Screams were heard in the halls around the lab as the beams of light searched for an exit before finally finding one and escaping into the outside world. “Stop the beams, shut them off, shut them all off!” Another scientist yelled pushing Tomoyo away from the window as he and others began to work over the keyboards in the room.

Tomoyo sat down; the weight of the events began to weigh on her shoulders as if the whole building had collapsed onto her. What would she tell Sakura-chan? How could she possibly get the cards back to her friend? The beams of light that left the room began to trickle down until finally they stopped, only a handful of cards were left: The Elements, Dark and Light, and a few others. Sakura-chan could not be expected to go after the cards again; she had a family of her own. She would have to call her, tell her about what had just happened, and find a way to capture the cards.

Picking up the cordless telephone she dialed in Sakura-chan’s number. Her hand was shaking so much that she had to have both hands hold the phone up to her ear. “Tomoyo-chan? Is everything okay?” Sakura’s soft comforting voice filled the speaker of the phone. Her voice was filled with such happiness and warmth.

“Sakura-chan, something awful has happened” Tomoyo whispered, her voice cracking as tears filled her eyes and she broke down in sobs.

-chan: honorific, usually between girls, indicating a close relationship (also used to call something or someone cute)
-sama: honorific, used towards anyone who is in a higher power than the speaker
Okaasan: mom/mother

[I] Marufuji Shouta

“SHOUTA, WAKE UP” Okaasan yelled pounding on my door a few times before opening it up, spilling the light of day into my room. “It’s almost noon, get up” She sighed tossing a box onto my bed and left. Due to some various rolling method that seemed to define the laws of gravity, I had gotten myself curled up in my sheets.

“The postman brought that for you, now get up” She sighed slamming the door shut, I contemplated at that moment to just close my eyes and go back to sleep. I knew sleep wouldn’t come, that her leaving the room was just to lure me into a false sense of security that I could wake up. Another knock came on the door, this time louder. “Wake up” She yelled again. I accepted defeat and got up scrounging around for my shorts and untangled my sheets.

I pulled the small box that was lying at my feet over and opened up the side tape of it with my house key. “Daidouji Toy Company? What is this?” I asked, when an answer didn’t come I opened up the sides of the brown box and pulled out some packing popcorn and a piece of paper. Along with what looked like a small metal charm and a tarot card. The paper read that I had won the chance to try a new product of theirs, some kind of citywide virtual reality device included were the instructions to activate the key which some how worked with the tarot card.

I had sent in a product testers card to the Daidouji Company when I was like eight years old. I never expected that I would actually be chosen to be one. The Shadow? The tarot card had an orange lining followed by a white lining and then some kind of monster in it. Maybe all of those reports of strange things happening around town were actually this virtual reality game. I stood up grabbing the charm and the piece of paper, following the instructions I held it in my hand and closed my eyes, concentrating on the charm. “I call upon the staff, Release” I commanded, suddenly something broke to my left, I opened my eyes and found myself gripping a long white staff with a black round holder at the top with a orb in the holder.

“Ah damn” I swore, the staff had ripped a hole into my TV, I ripped the staff out and took a good look at my now destroyed TV. “Return, shrink, GET SMALLER” I yelled at the staff finally causing it to shrink back into its smaller form.

“Shouta is everything okay in there?” Okaasan asked returning to the door.

“Just fine, don’t come in, I’m er.. Naked” I said quickly grabbing some blue jeans from my closet along with my shirt and jacket. The key must have been made by some kind of voice activated metal. The paper said that in staff form, it could activate the card, which I had no idea what that meant. “I’m going out,” I yelled out while slipping out my window and onto the soft grass below. Okaasan would kill me when she found out about the TV.

Right now that didn’t matter, I needed to go to the mall to get a chain for the now smaller staff. In fact the mall was all that seemed to occupy my mind, it was like I needed to go there, that something big was happening there. The mall would be packed with back to school shoppers yet it seemed as if I had to go there. I shook my head clear of the fog that had surrounded my brain and gladly gave in to the feeling, and at no time at all I was walking in the glass doors to the two-story mall.

Inside was more than the usual confusion and craziness that was associated with back to school shopping, many people were asleep on the benches and slumped over chairs in the food court. While others were running around in mass states of confusion as weird and unexplainable things were happening around them. I began to back up in fear pressing my body against the glass door. Was this really a virtual reality program or something a little more real, a little more deadly? My hand went to the small charm in my pocket that could be turned into a staff.

If I didn’t do something maybe no one will, or worse this could be some kind of joke on me, and if I didn’t do something I would look like an idiot. I slowly brought the charm out into my hand. Either way I had to do something, I couldn’t go home, I had to do something, I felt as if I must do something. I grasped the key in my hand and concentrated. “I call upon the staff, Release”

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Basically you wake up, or already awake when the package arrives, you open it up and get your first card and charm/staff. You feel an urge that you must go to the mall, when you reach there you find it in all different states of chaos. The mall holds all of our first captures, so one monster for each of us a total of ten monsters are in that place. I’ll post next after most of the people reach the mall and start the first capture.

Edit: I would rather not have anyone make their first capture unless they will be busy this week/up coming weekend. Try to wait to have it fully in your next post if at all possible.

Haruko
8th August 2005, 09:46 PM
Name: Inoue Daiki [First name last.]
Description: Around 6'1", Daiki's figure is a bit weird, with his torso being a little bit bigger than this legs. He's a bit lanky, which could probably lead one to assume he doesn't eat his vegetables[He does though].His hair is a dark brown and seems to be very untamed, although he claims to brush it...it just gets that way. His eyes are a emerald, and his skin is a bit naturally pale. When not participating in festivals with his family, he wears a black longsleeve with khaki pants. However, since his family does live on a Shinto shrine and take care of it, he sometimes has to wear a priests outfit of a male kimono thats white with navyblue pants.
Personality: A bit on the quiet side, Daiki is actually very reliable when you befriend him. However, he doesn't make friends verywell because some just like to make fun of him for his family for living on a shrine. So when he's trying to talk, he might be a bit awkward and say the wrong thing. He gets nervous around girls easily, especially ones that are cute. Poor guy.
Battle Costume Description: He sometimes gets caught wearing his priest outfit. Otherwise, none.
Angelic or Demon Description: His skin gives off a radiant glow, but since he does have some feelings of rage towards certain people(Bullies?), his eyes turn a demonic yellow. He doesn't appear to have any other features, since his acts tend to balance it.
Staff: It's key form is a small glass orb with little dangle things.It's staff form, however, is a long sword that has that orb on the bottom, which seems to glow when he's releasing or capturing cards.
Starter Card: The Storm[D]
Capture Cards: The Song[D], The Return[A] and The Big[A]
Capture/Release Yell: None
Other: While his father trys to teach him in swords and how to use them, his grandfather trys to sway him into oneday becoming the priest on the shrine. However, he's not interested in either of them. His shrine helps protect an ancient monk's shrine[A shrine inside a shrine!], so going inside that building tends to creep him out.

[color=#185396]Inoue Daiki
tsuyogaru koto dake/shiri-sugite-ita watashi
[size=8pt]dakedo ano toki kara/mayoi wa kieta yo

"Come on, Daiki-kun! Put more energy into it!"
"You're putting too much energy into it, tou-san."I replied and blocked his katana with mine easily. He smirked a bit and streched, placing his katana back in it's sheath and I did the same aswell, placing it back on the wall.
"Done for today, Kosuke-san?"Mom came into the trainning room. If she came in a few minutes ago, she would've came in the middle of a kendo match. She threw a bottle of water at me and dad, Father easily being clumsy and not catching it as I catched it with ease.
"You've improved."She smiled a bit,"..But you two really need to take a shower. I mean, if someone was to come to visit the shrine and father wasn't able to go and welcome them, you two would be his replacement! And we don't need a rep of bad smelling priests..." With that, Kosuke laughed a little and I sighed, gulping down the rest of my water bottle.

"You can go first, kid."Tou-san said and I nodded, taking the offer and walking back into our house, through the kitchen and into my room. I grabbed looser clothing than my trainning garb, and walked into the shower.

Tradition this...tradition that...I've lived on a shrine for most of my life, participating in more Shichi-Go-San and Seijin no Hi* festivals then I've wanted to. While some of it has been fun, being picked on by classmates about living on the only 'pure'** Shinto shrine in the area...wasn't my idea of fun. And now being dragged into kendo and priesthood, sometimes I've wished for something...more...exciting? I guess. The only thing close to it was kendo matches with Tou-san, and I'm coming close to actually being a lot better than him.

"DAIKI-KUNNN! YOU GOT SOMETHING IN THE MAILL!!"I heard my mom yell in the middle of the shower, causing me to accidently let some shampoo in my eyes.
"Damn it..."I mumbled and washed them out, and quickly finished, groomed myself and got changed, and ran out the bathroom door quicker than someone walking over hot coals.

"Woah there..."Tou-san said, holding a package."Geez..anyway..."He finished, handing me the package. The return address said 'Daidouji Toy Company'..which seemed to..be somewhat familiar. I thanked mom and walked back to my room, closing the door and taking a key to open the package.

"The Storm..."I held up a Tarot card that was inside. Next to it was a small, navy orb with silver tassles. There was a small loop for me to put it on a bracelet or something, but otherwise..that was it.
"What..a rip off..."I mumbled until I found a small piece of paper with instructions. I sat down on my bed, placing the tarot card besides me and concentrated on the orb/tassle that laid in my hands..

"Release.."I lightly said, and I felt something grow in my hand. The orb and tassle were no longer there, but was replaced with a long bladed katana with a even bigger orb and tassle. The blade seemed very sharp...

"Daiki, whatcha get?"I heard tou-san's voice after some knocking at the door..
"Err..just come charm things,"I said nonchalantly.
"Oh...Anyway, Izumi-san wants you to go to the mall to pick up a few things she had on lay-a-way."
"One sec."I replied, and concentrated with all my might to return the huge sword into the dinky little orb, and placed that and the Tarot card in my pocket. After grabbing my wallet, I sat up and opened the door.

"Here..this should be enough.."Tou-san said, handing me 3 1,000-en bills. I placed them in my wallet and sighed.
"The mall is close to here..so you shouldn't run into someone."Tou-san said, to calm me down,"If anyone picks on you, just ignore them..ok?"
"Yeah.."I said, and walked out, walking through the shrine's grounds and through the first Torii*, down the 20 steps, and then through the next Torii. The mall was only a few blocks away....I could take a detour, but something in the back of my head, an instinct per-say, told me to go there directly. I sighed and walked my way there..

Once I arrived, the mall was in a state of mass confusion. People sleeping in random places....

And then..blank.

The scene completely changed. I wasn't in the mall anymore. I stood infront of a shrine, infront of a Torii. Behind me was the sound of cars..infronf of me..

"Something..isn't right here.."I told myself, grasping my orb and took it out, concentrated..

"Release."

--

His first capture, is, a duh..The Return.

Shichi-Go-San: A festival where children of aged 3(girls), 5(boys) and 7(girls) year old come to celebrate and have performed on them, special Shinto rites. 7 year old girls are now welcomes to wear an obi with their kimono, which is a decorative sash worn with the kimono.

Seijin no Hi: A festival where women and men come to celebrate turning 20. 20 is the legal age to drink and vote in Japan!

Torii: Gates for shrines.

Pure Shinto Shrines: These shrines are marked with Torii that have no decorations, meaning Buddhisim has not effected this Shinto shrine.

To see Daiki's name clearly in it's proper font, go to dafont.com in english, and download "Cataclysmic".

VirtualPlay
8th August 2005, 10:42 PM
Name: Li Kohana [Last name, First name] (If you can't guess, she's Sakura and Syaoran's daughter. :P And also, Kohana means Little Flower.)
Sex: Female
Description: Average height for her age, around 5'5", with a mess of wavy brown hair down to her shoulders, but with Sakura's trademark side-bangs (http://www.j-pop.de/anime-dvd/ccs/cardcaptorsakurawallpaper.jpg). She also has her mother's bright green eyes and slim stature. Also wears a wide range of very cute outfits, most of them very girly.
Personality: Very bright and bubbly, she always thinks the best of people unless they've proven themselves to be untrustworthy. She absolutely loves making friends, and wouldn't give any of them up for the world.
Battle Costume Description: Only one? Are you kidding? Tomoyo's gonna have a ball making new costumes every time there's a new card to find! Each one will be described as they come.
Angelic or Demon Description: Since she has all Angelic cards, by the time she has them all she will look very much like an angel herself. The Fly will, as it did with Sakura, materialize as fluffy white wings on her back, and her body will be able to visibly glow in any light but sunlight and very bright light. Her eyes also glow a bright green, and her hair turns a much lighter color of brown, almost to the point of being blond.
Staff: Kohana's staff is very similar to Sakura's in that it's pink with a circle at the end (and wings on either side). However, instead of Sakura's Star inside, there is a crescent moon obscuring a sun (similar to this (http://www.hueartgallery.com/images/Sun-Moon.gif), but all in yellow and without the faces). The rest of the staff is exactly the same, and the key mirrors it in the same way Sakura's does.
Starter Card: Fly [A]
Capture Cards: Mirror [A]; Illusion [A]; Libra [A]
Capture/Release Yell: Capture: "Return to your true form!" followed by the card name. | Release: Just the name of the card and whatever actions.
Other: Currently living with the Daidouji family, as Sakura and Syaoran have gone off somewhere (even she doesn't know). By Sakura's request, Kohana is helping them with tapping into the magic. When the cards start escaping, she's the one who reverts the remaining ones. (Everything up to this point has been accepted by Roy.) Also has Syaoran's "Rashinban" to help her find the cards.

----------

Li Kohana - Fly
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
Daidouji-san flew into Okaasan's arms the moment she entered the house. Otousan entered right after and I flew into his arms as well. It took fifteen tearful minutes over tea in the kitchen for Daidouji-san to tell Okaasan and Otousan what had happened, partly because half of what she said was apologies at what had happened.

"Tomoyo-chan, it's alright, it's not your fault," Okaasan insisted, comforting her further. "I know we'll think of something. I just wish I was still able to get around like when I was younger," she added, and she turned in such a way that she was looking at me. Her eyes opened wide as she stood up. "Kohana-chan…" she started, her mind apparently racing hard.

"Hai, Okaasan?" I asked, looking back at her and wondering what she was thinking. She sat down next to me and looked down into my eyes.

"Would you like to help me find those cards?" she asked, and I couldn't help but stare back at her. She quickly added, "Oh my, no, I shouldn't ask you to do this alone."

Catching myself, I quickly replied, "What, you think I can't do it?" putting a smile on my own face.

Okaasan looked a bit startled, then looked over at Otousan, smirked a little, and mouthed, "She gets that from you." Then she turned back to me and said, "No, I'm sure you could do it, it's just I can feel the cards…it's as if they were all forced awake and are scared so they're all panicking. I don't want you to have to deal with all that by yourself. Besides," she added, standing up, "I can feel others with a magical potential. They're all…closed at the moment, but I think I can help with that. Let's go where there's a little more space…"

I'd seen Okaasan use her magic before, but it was always fascinating to watch. Especially the times when it wasn't using one of her cards, like now. This time, however, I felt something more…like I was part of her magic, instead of just the small things she had taught me. By the time it finished, I barely noticed all of the different charms that were floating around her; I only noticed the one that was floating in front of me…

I stood outside of the mall, holding the small key in the palm of my right hand, my left hand holding my Otousan's lit Rashinban, which was pointing straight into the mall. It wasn't really necessary, though; I could easily see through the glass doors the mayhem that was being caused by the Cards. I walked into the mall, unsure whether I was more nervous at actually trying to capture a Card, or looking too ridiculous in the outfit I was wearing.

I finally understood what Okaasan had meant when she said that Daidouji-san could be a bit strange at times. Looking down at the pink and white dress and over-abundance of fluffiness all over (even wings on a headband!), it was hard to believe that Daidouji-san had made a costume exactly like this years ago for Okaasan. Fortunately for my ego, it seemed more people were worried about the havoc being wreaked all over the mall.

Carefully I put down the Rashinban on a chair in a deserted corner, then held out the key again. "Release!" I called out, and the key floated in midair, spinning until it lengthened into the staff it had become when Okaasan had shown me how to use it. I focused on the mall again, except…it was calm all of a sudden. No havoc, no screaming; the mall was as calm as it usually was in the afternoon. People were eating in the food court, and others were simply walking around as if nothing had been happening ten seconds ago.

I picked up the Rashinban again and walked through the mall, now even more aware of my vibrant costume. But nobody seemed to notice. In fact, nobody seemed to see me at all. Not even the food people who always greeted me…

That's when it hit me: none of this was real! Okaasan had told me which cards had gone missing, and if I was guessing right, this was the work of Illusion! Reaching into one of the pockets in my costume (at least Daidouji-san had thought of that), I pulled out the card I had already received…

"Kohana-chan," Okaasan said, looking at me, "I really would like you to have this card." She handed me one of the cards, now turned from pink to brown and red. I turned it over and looked at the bird on the front. And suddenly I could see a great sorrow in that blue eye, a longing for lost friends, even though I couldn't understand how I felt that. I just knew I had to help get the cards back.

"Fly!" I yelled, throwing the card in front of me, where it stopped in midair. I swung my staff down at it, and it glowed a bright white, and as had happened earlier, the wings on the side of my staff grew out to a greater wingspan. Grabbing the Rashinban again, I mounted my staff and flew up, and as I did, the Illusion began to dissolve. The reality of it all started to fade back into focus, and the sounds of chaos reached my ears again.

Holding out the Rashinban, I said the simple chant that activated it again, and the blue light pointed straight down to the middle of the Food Court. Immediately, the air seemed to shift, and I could see a vague pattern overlaying the whole area. I focused on where the Rashinban light had aimed and saw a small glowing rectangle there: the card! Flying down and focusing on the spot, I hopped off right as I got to the ground and turned my focus to the card.

"Return to your true form!" I yelled, raising my staff over my head, then swinging it down right at it. "Illusion!"
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
And for those who don't know which costume I'm referring to, here's the one she's wearing: Costume (http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=1800)

Malarkey
9th August 2005, 09:49 AM
Name: Kawachi, Kei
Description: Kei reaches a height of 5’6 with a slightly lean body build. At first glance, she startles some with the ability to meet anyone’s gaze without wavering. Eyes are a soft gray and her hair reaches just past her shoulders. It is a light brown shade and it is never up, which means that it sometimes manages to get in the way of her vision. Her clothes are mostly in shades of the blues and blacks. A comfortable pair of jeans or a knee length skirt is her favorite appearance along with a decent blouse.
Personality: She is willing to make conversation and friendships if she understands or can tolerate a person. Kei is known to speak her mind when needed and also able to realize that her opinion is not wanted. Sarcasm is also a way that she works though she is good at cracking a few jokes in the necessary times.
Battle Costume: None
Angelic or Demon Description: The demonic side takes hold of her more than that of the angelic. Her pupils become a bit more slit then nature would normally allow, and her hair also turns to a dark black in color. Her nails extend two inches as pointed claws.
Staff: The locket form of the staff hangs from then end of a decorative chain around her waist, which usually serves as a belt . There is a single black rod in a golden circle. Dark green vines connect the rod to the gold circle, almost appearing as a small web. The full sized staff is around five feet, with a black core. Though the familiar green vines slowly circle around it in a spiral formation until reaching the top. There the two thick vines stretch out into many and form a hollow closing around a single black stone. An eerie black light seems to shine it’s way through the small holes in the vine wrapping.
Starter Card: Arrow {D}
Capture Cards: Erase {A} Move {A} Voice {D}
Capture/Release: Oh I am sure she will find something.
Other: She is very good friends with Takumi

Kawachi Kei

Sitting alone in the kitchen, life seemed at a stand still. I glanced at the tall clear glass of orange juice that somehow seemed to mock me what with its perfect tint of orange, and the amusing way the light from the windows hit the cheap glass that held it. “I don’t like you…” I muttered to it. It remained proud and tall, not wanting to show any signs of weakness. I reached out quickly and drank the whole thing in only a few seconds, and then proudly put the empty cup right back to where it was. “Ha. Beat you!” False triumph over a glass of orange juice was the highlight of the morning so far and it appeared that it would be the only highlight of the day the way things were going so far.

My mother and father were out. Father was of course at his job working. My mother was out visiting relatives only a few miles away. This left the whole house to me, and oh what excitement that offered. Almost considering if I should make myself some toast, a knock at the door came just in time to save me from myself. I stood, already dressed with a black skirt and a comfortable button up black blouse, nearly running to the door. I looked through the window and saw the postman. I quickly opened the door and stared at him with keen interest. He glanced at me for a moment and then held out a box with my name on it.

“Is that for me?” I asked without thinking. He shrugged and handed it over without saying anything. “Thank you…” I said and didn’t wait for a response as I shut the door behind me. He wasn’t the talking type anyway.

I threw myself on the couch and opened the box with growing curiosity. After digging into the corners of the box, I found a note of instructions, a card, and what appeared to be a little charm to put on a key chain. Daidouji Toy Company was placed neatly on the instructions. Wow what a great toy…a key chain and a stupid tarot card. I left the mess of packing material and the box on the couch and stood to leave the house. My hand was on the door handle once again as I slipped my shoes on. About to walk out the door a sudden need to read the instructions came to me. I cursed under my breath as I quickly approached the couch again. Flipping open the instructions I learned what these things were used for.

I grabbed for the charm with excitement as I said quite loudly “Release!” The circle with the small rod held in the middle grew, slowly the circle diminished and the vines that held the rod before spiraled around it, creating an enclosure at the top. A black light…or rather a lack of light issued from the top. “Oh the things they come up with.” I picked up the tarot card and glanced at the front of it. Arrow. Well if I ever needed to win an archery contest I would have to keep it in mind.

“Weaken,” I muttered as I thought of the charm status. I wasn’t going to carry this huge staff around. The staff slowly shrank back to its pocketsize form and I went upstairs to find my belt. The metal chain sat on my dresser and it was simple seeing as it is only a single chain. At the end dangled a few false rubies right on top of another clasp to hold such charms as the one I received, minus the fact that most charms did not expand into a staff. I undid the first clasp and hung it around my waist, quickly fastening it up again. The last unused four inches of the chain hung loosely down the right side of my skirt, which I took and placed the charm in the last clasp. In all, it looked pretty good.

Proud of my quick thinking I went back into the kitchen and picked up the tarot card, threw it in my purse that hung on a kitchen chair and was ready to leave. Finally. Deciding where to go wasn’t hard. The mall always offered some sort of entertainment, and that was what I needed since I woke up this morning.

The walk towards my destination seemed to take a very long time. When I finally walked into view of the two stories, I felt a bit of relief. Nothing else strange was going to happen today, or at least I hoped. I bit my lip as I walked closer to the doors. The plants that were placed on the side of the walkway provided some assurance, though I held my purse close to me as if it were some assurance. Keeping my eyes on a flower up ahead, I nearly screamed when it vanished. I saw a sliver of a cloth and closed my eyes.

“It is just the orange juice…. it is just the orange juice…” I repeated and then felt defeat of my early victory. Even when I drank it the orange juice was still tormenting me. I opened my eyes again and a bit further down the walkway, an entire tree disappeared.
“This is real,” I said out loud, and my hand automatically went to the charm hanging from the side of my waist. “Let’s see what you can do then. Release.”

EVme15
9th August 2005, 08:35 PM
Name: Hiwatari, Kiaria
Description: She has long dark hair which reaches slightly past her waist when down. Most of it is kept in a ponytail; the rest hangs down to either side of her face, and reaches about halfway down her neck. She frequently has ribbons tied in, usually black or dark blue/purple. Kiaria’s eyes are brown, but they seem to have a reddish tint to them in bright light. Her face is thin, and her skin is on the pale side. She stands about 6 feet tall, with a skinny build. She wears a black long-sleeved shirt which is way too big for her, reaching several inches past her hands. Beneath that is a t-shirt, usually dull red in color. Her skirt is a dark purple, reaching just past her knees in the front, but sloping down along the sides to the point where it’s ankle-level in the back. Beneath it are black shorts which almost reach her knees. She often carries around a tote bag that’s black with blue lining.
Personality: Kiaria has been gifted with an unusually high intelligence. This has caused her to believe completely in her own superiority over everyone else. As a result, she shuns human contact as much as she can. She detests new situations or anything that can make her feel as if she doesn’t know what’s going on. Her patience is shorter than normal, but not extremely so; and she’ll immediately fly off the handle once the line’s been crossed. She can seem cold and manipulative, but deep down all she wants is someone who can accept her without ruining her self-image.
Battle Costume Description: Generally she fights in her normal clothes, leaving the tote bag off to the side. However, if she believes that the opponent is worthy, she will remove her skirt and/or long-sleeved shirt, as these tend to hinder her movement. (These she puts in the tote bag).
Angelic or Demon Description: Her loose hair becomes longer, almost as long as the rest. The tint in her eyes becomes more pronounced, and her pupils take on a slit-like quality when she’s mad. Her canine teeth become slightly longer and sharper, but not enough to be truly noticeable. Light seems to dim around her, and occasionally the space immediately around her will warp slightly, however Kiaria has no control over this phenomenon. Her wand also gains six pyramids (see below).
Staff: In its hidden form, it’s a purple ribbon with a silver triangle on it tied on her wrist; or she’ll occasionally weave it into her hair. In staff form, it consists of a long pole, striped black and dark blue. On the end is an orb, which changes its tint depending on the circumstances. The purple ribbon becomes a sash which seems to flow out of the sphere, and circles around the wand. Nine semi-transparent grey pyramids float about an inch off the orb.
Starter Card: Mist [D]
Capture Cards: Wave [D], Loop [D], Maze [D] (And for the record, most of y’all are sissies. lol jk)
Capture/Release Yell: “By my power, (come forth)/(be sealed)!”
Other: Quick on her feet, and knows a bit of hand-to-hand combat

~|~|~|~|~
Hiwatari Kiaria

“Are you still up here?”
Mother opened the door to my room, giving an annoyed sigh. I cast a quick glance at her in the mirror, before turning back to my task of weaving one last ribbon into my hair.
“I can’t believe you, Kiaria. Summer is almost over and school is right around the corner, and yet here you sit doing your hair! Why won’t you go out and try to make friends?”
“Because they’re all morons.” I let go, giving my head an experimental shake. Satisfied, I stood up and walked over to my shelf. Having nothing else to do, I quickly grabbed a Rubik’s Cube and began twisting it.
“There you go again, playing with your puzzles.”
“Will you please be quiet? I’m trying to think.”
“If I’m quiet, you’ll lose yourself in that thing and forget I’m standing here.”
She was right, and we both knew that I knew it. Still, the idea of blocking her out seemed like a good one, and soon the only sound I was hearing was plastic sliding against plastic.
“HEY!”
I made a grab for the toy as she pulled it from my hands. I would have recovered it, too, if it hadn’t been replaced with another object. Now I was holding a package, looking back and forth between it and Mother.
“That came in the mail for you. I can only assume it’s another one of your puzzles.” She sighed. “I’m not sure why I even bother. You should really get outside more.”
As soon as the door closed, I turned the package over curiously. Daidouji Toy Company? Didn’t ring any bells...
Slowly I opened the brown box. Immediately a bit of packing filler fell onto my lap, which I hastily brushed to the side. Inside was a slip of paper, a ribbon, and a card. The card was what immediately drew my interest, it looked like something out of a Tarot deck, but it was unlike any I’d seen before. “The Mist...?”
Pulling my attention from the card, I turned to the paper. A virtual reality device? Throughout the whole city? Sounded a little fishy. Oh, well, no harm could come from playing along.
I held the ribbon out, concentrating on it. Now what were the words I had to say again? Oh yeah...
“Thy true form, release.”
There was a whooshing sound, and something heavy fell into my hand. I slid my eyes open to marvel at the staff I was now holding. It was about four feet long, and colored darkly. On one end was a sphere, apparently a dark green. The entire thing was surrounded by a sash which looked like it was floating around the staff. Speaking of floating... I pulled the orb closer to myself, examining the nine glasslike pyramids floating around it. Hesitantly I flicked one and watched as it spun around, making one complete revolution before hitting into a different pyramid with a soft clinking sound. “This is virtual?”
Concentrating again, I managed to get the thing back into its ribbon state. With a small shrug I tied it around my wrist. Taking the card, I tucked it into a pocket in my shorts. I quickly grabbed my long-sleeve shirt, pulling it over my head easily, and slid into my skirt. Standing up, I grabbed my bag from beside the door. Something about this whole thing felt... off.
“I’m going out.”
Mother turned to me, sporting a look of surprise. “What’s this about all of a sudden? What was in the package?”
“They sent me the wrong thing. I’m going to the mall and returning it.” Her face fell, and she turned back to the dishes.
“Oh... alright then... have fun, I suppose.”

I stepped into the mall, ready to cringe at the overwhelming chatter of socializing nitwits. To my surprise, none of that met my ears. I looked around quickly. Some people were running around in confusion, others were sleeping in strange places. Off to my left I distinctly heard the sound of glass shattering. Now, I’m not very well-versed on the subject, but I’m pretty sure that virtual reality can’t do that.
“This might be fun... Thy true form, release!” Instantly I felt the ribbon unwrap from my wrist, and soon the dark staff fell into my hand.
“So let’s see what’s really going on here.”

Fai D. Flowright
10th August 2005, 02:09 AM
Name: Chiba Takumi
Description: See Attachment Below (Left image). He definitely prefers to be comfortable, usually wearing shirts with no sleeves and slightly looser-fitting jeans. As mentioned in the Key description, the cord for it is silver, not gold.
Personality: Takumi, although joyous and pleasant in nature, doesn't excessively show it. Usually seen with a light smile on his face or his eyebrows lifted, she send the sense that he means no harm. While his emotions are quite subtle, only ever showing a gleaming expressions when it's greatly worth it, he tends to have an open, yet calm, voice and opinion. He can be a little competative, but he knows when his limits are exceeded. He enjoys having conversations, but prefers to listen to others and speak when it's crucial to the topic. He's kind and appreciative, yet getting on his bad side could mean bad news for them....
Battle Costume Description: See Attachment Below (Costume image). It's much more professional in appearance than his normal, street clothes. As an added effect to the sharpness of the outfit, he also comes his hair up a bit, making it a bit spikier than usual. He still wears the cord on his neck with the silver ring to keep it weighted down.
Angelic Description: See Attachment Below (Right image). His appearance definitely falls towards the Angelic side, receiving small feather tufts on his arms and ankles. Although, yes, he does have a halo, it sits slightly cockeyed on his head (Evil MSPaint). Thankfully, the feathers can be easily covered by sleeves and pant legs. (Kei will assist him with his Halo by having Erase hide it! ~.^) Because of the changed energy in his body, his Key now emits a soft, but bright glow.
Staff: Key: A 4", blue crystal with the shape as in this image (http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2765/keyandsword2mn.png). The point on the top is pierced by a small silver hoop and hangs from a silver-colored cord around his neck.
Sword: The blade resembles the shape of his key, but is flatter and much larger in size (obviously...). The guard has a a round sapphire in the center and has an angel/bird wing on either side. The hilt (and border on the gem) are made of silver with dark blue-dyed leather wrapped on it, but not as fat (because Paint curves are evil). From the end, a tassle hangs from it with a white feather tied to it. (There's a bad Paint sketch in the same link as the Key *can't draw wings in Paint*)
Starter Card: Shield {A}
Capture Cards: Dash {A}, Fight {D}, and Twin {D}
Capture/Release Yell: Nothing in particular, but if anything, it'd be off the top of his head.
Other: Takumi is close friends with Kei (Malarkey). He's lightly versed with the use of a sword.

[color=#4499FF]-\Chiba Takumi/-

Showers are always enjoyable. Time to get away, to be alone and just relax and let all that covers you spiral down the drain. "What should I do today?" I thought aloud as I squeezed conditioner into my hand and began working it into my hair. "I could go to the arcade, or maybe work on my swordplay." That was something my mom introduced me to. She had leanred sword-fighting techniques when she was young and decided to pass them down to me. Training was something I enjoyed, but a more casual activity seemed appropriate for a lazy day like today. "I could use some new pants for school. Maybe I'll head down to the Mall today. Yeah!" As I finished rinsing the cream from my hair, I turned off the water and exited. I dried myself off, combing my hair, and brushing my teeth in the process as well. It was nice to not worry about having my plans shot down during this week. Dad worked during the day, but mom was on vacation, visiting her parents in Kyoto.

Having the house to myself was pleasant, but rather dull as well... Getting dressed wasn't very complicated: a T-shirt with the sleeves torn off and a older pair of jeans. Going to the Mall was a good idea. Once dressed and ready to go, I pulled my bedroom door closed an hurried down the stairs that led to the hall with the front door.

I whipped the front door open and pulled it closed behind me as I pushed through the screen door as well. I took another step outside, but this time, nearly falling flat on my face. A small box, placed right in the main walking path, was waiting to be taken inside, but instead got kicked involuntarily as I tried to maintain balance. "That stupid mail man!" I grumbled as I picked it up. "Daidouji Toy Company, huh? Must be for mo-....ME!?" It was clearly printed on the package label. "What are they sending me?" We usually received packages from the company addressed mom because she collected a doll series they produced, but nothing ever for me!

I stepped back inside and plopped onto the couch in the nearby living room. Grabbing dad's letter opener, I cut the tape that held the flaps together. I rummaged through the packaging peanuts to find three strange items: a slip of paper with some directions, a Tarot-like card, and a clear blue crystal. "Hmmm... I know some Tarot stuff, but I've never seen "The Shield" before." I considered that maybe it was a new deck Daidouji was producing and "The Shield" was something like the King of Pentacles, the Guardain card. The crystal in my other hand caught the light and brought my attention to it and the set of instructions. I began to read through them. "A Virtual Reality, huh? Sounds interesting..." I stood up, leaving the card and the box on the couch. "Ok, here goes nothing. Release thy power!" I shouted. The crystal floated into the air, growing in size. A silver hilt and bird wings grew from the base and a tassle with a pure white feather appeared on the end. I grabbed it from midair. "HOLY SH**!" I knew that technology had become quite advanced recently, but not THIS much...

I looked back and the directions for a way to change it back to the crystal. "There has to be something." I flipped it over to find it blank, "What the heck! How do you reverse it?" I threw the sheet on the floor out of frustration. "Come on! Uhh.. Return!" The sword began to shrink in size, reverting back to it's pendant shape. On closer inspection, there seemed to be a small hole through the top where a loop or something could be attached. "I know just the thing." I rushed back upstairs and snatched a silver cord with a cheap pendant on it. Snapping the off the loop it hung from, I ran it through the crystal and drapped it over my head. Heading back towards the front door again, I slipped the Tarot card in my back pocket and finally made my way to the Mall.

Chaos seemed to surround the two-story building as I approached it. Near one of the main entrances, I could have sworn I say Kei, but was very distracted, looking at someting intently behind one of the landscaping bushes. I began to raise my arm. "Nah, she looks involved. I'll leave her be. Maybe I'll try catching her later."

It was then that I realized why things seemed so hectic! I peer through the glass door of the mall to see people running about! Havoc seemed to have over taken every corner of the store. I yanked the door open and ran inside only to be surrouned by screams and hollers. A mass of people herded towards me as they ran for the exit behind me! I recoiled, just waiting for someone to run unto me. Thankfully, nothing of the sort happened. I stepped forward a little more and suddenly found my face planted on the patterned floor of the Mall. A small, cat-like creature stopped off to my right and made a little smirk. "My face must have an affinity for the ground today." My face scowled and I stood back up. "And that thing is gonna get it now!"

Aunyailia Verjir
10th August 2005, 01:42 PM
Name: Remon, Chihiro
Description: Petite and a bit plump, with ear-length, frizzy auburn-brown hair, freckles, large eyes (dull in color). Her arms and legs are much too short for running from the world, which she wants to do. Incredibly shy, she likes to stay out of sight and quite likes through for the ghost-like ability it gives her. She does not believe in her own strength and even the slightest tease could make her feel horrible and doubting for the rest of the day. If she does get a friend though, she is extremely loyal to them. Her clothes are nondescript and forgettable. Also, once you get her talking, she becomes a bumbling mess.
Battle Costume Description: N/A, she hates extravagant clothes, so unless someone forces her into one…. Not gonna happen.
Angelic or Demon Description: She grows to a medium height, her arms, fingers, and legs lengthen to become graceful digits and her eyelashes become white-tipped over sparkling blue eyes. Her hair frizzes down as well, and, when the light hits her, she gets a halo-effect as well.
Staff: Key form: Choker that goes around her neck; a gold-plated rose sits on a midnight blue satin ribbon.
Staff: Becomes as tall as her (which doesn’t say much). It looks like a long stemmed rose: the stem is gold with two forest green leaves sticking out near the rose. The rose itself is scarlet colored, it’s petals tipped gold, and the ribbon itself wraps around the stem in a spiraling design. When it’s in action (activating the card) the ribbons twists around the stem, the rose closes into a bud and opens up again in extravagance and illumination upon hitting the card.
Starter Card: The Through
Capture Cards: The Time, The Shot, The Glow (she’s afraid of the dark)
Capture/Release Yell Other than “Release” and/or “The ____”, I’m out of ideas – sorry.
Other: …

----Remon, Chihiro----
Early noon poured through my window to find books strewn about, and my pencil flying over Post-it Notes in one of them. The heroic efforts of some obscure character… Yes, the weakness here that foreshadows his downfall… And this vague reference connects the two books. Annotating this, annotating that, it was a world of parentheses.

School was approaching soon, and I couldn’t let myself fall behind. I inwardly cursed myself for letting myself taking a vacation, thus allowing a short reprieve in my notes. Now my hand was clenching and aching, and I just wanted to fall back asleep and let dreams overtake me, or run out to the mall (which I had already planned to do) where the world of literature was calling me.

I stood up and stretched, looking in dismay at my room and crumpled pajamas. At least there wasn’t anyone else around – though the idea wasn’t appealing, I could probably stalk around the house in less than what I was wearing now. I quickly changed, saving my most wall-flowery colors for school. Stupid, stupid school. I inwardly cursed. Still three more post-its to go… This was not, not good.

I gave a jump when the doorbell rang. Not expecting anyone today… I thought as I opened the door and then took a sigh of relief. Just the postman. I signed for the package in gracious silence, bid him good day and proceeded to shut the door in his face. I threw the package down on the table and was about to retreat to my room when I had to take a double take.

My name… Yes, there it was, mocking me… Remon Chihiro.

Numbly, my fingers attacked the package, unwrapping it meticulously. The Daidouji Toy Company… Dear God, I haven’t bought toys for years… I opened it up and greedily read the instructions, as I did with everything with writing that stood still enough. This was all so very strange – not did I never get mail, I just had a foreboding sense in my gut as I pulled out the rest. A tarot card, and a choker…

The tarot card read “The Through”, and on it was a woman going through some blue hoop – I had never seen a drawing more beautiful. The choker looked like it was designed especially for me. “A covenant, almost,” I whispered, my voice no longer my own. “About to be released.”

It grew, then, into a staff at those words. I gasped – yes, it just felt right, now, it was my height, like a perfect extension of my body. I swung it around, marveling at the golden rose and how it shown in my house, which now seemed dismal in comparison. And then, when there was nothing left to be done with it, it went back to its choker, lying innocently in my hand and twinkling at my eye. I put it on and examined the card once more before putting it in my purse.

I had to get out of here.

This was all too much, it was like I was in a dream and just now woke up. It was all too, too much and I felt like I couldn’t breathe anymore, the walls were collapsing around me, I felt like I had opened Pandora’s box, it was like I had tapped into something I shouldn’t, couldn’t, wouldn’t have done before and I wanted out.

Books.

Yes, books, turn to books. When in doubt, turn to books.

I didn’t even write a note to my family, I just ran out of my house, out of the door, towards the mall, the choker feeling heavy around my throat. I knew the mall would be crowded, but I almost welcomed the noise – though, if I knew how much noise I would be facing I would have gone elsewhere. Chaos! I could see it from a while away, and yet I was curious as to what would happen – something to take my mind off from my own troubles.

But, when I saw the sleeping people, the bouncing lights, and people running, I could tell it was a decision I would soon regret.

Roy Karrde
10th August 2005, 07:13 PM
Marufuji Shouta

Help, Help! The cries were coming out from everywhere, from shops with the doors locked and people huddling together inside to escape from the horrors that had taken place. I gripped my wand and closed my eyes trying to shut out the cries, this was horrible just horrible, and I didn’t wanna hear it, what ever sick virtual reality game this was, it was going way too far.

“Please, please help, Okaasan, she fell asleep” A little brown haired girl pleaded pulling on my arm and pointing to a floating mass in the fountain in the middle of the food court where everyone seemed to be taking a nap with food thrown everywhere and tables tipped over along with chairs and people.

I gulped and let her lead me to the woman who was floating on her stomach, I quickly gathered her up bringing her soaked body onto the tile floor. Her mouth was open and filled with water; her face had turned a disgusting shade of blue. “Okaasan” the girl whimpered, at this moment I wished that I had paid more attention to CPR, okay first get the water out, I tilted her head and did that, next put the hands near the chest and push five times, I think it was five. I placed my hands just at the beginning of the ribs, okay one, two, three, four, five. Then blow, I closed my eyes pinched her nose and blew into her mouth. The smell and taste that came back almost caused me to throw up. Alright listen for breath and then repeat. I placed my ear next to her mouth and listened. There was breath, a really weak and ragged one but there was one.

“Okay can I have my toy back?” I asked turning to the girl, she had collapsed onto the ground a few feet away from me, asleep just like everyone else. I found my gaze traveling up the fountain as I recovered my wand, standing on top like a little blue statue was a tiny pixie with a wand. Was that part of the fountain? The little pixie girl blinked at me and then leaped off dive-bombing right at me with a trail of blue dust behind it. Not wanting to take any chances I rolled to my side dodging it and it’s dust. I looked over at a brown haired girl with freckles that was watching me. “Get away” I shouted at her trying to find the pixie again, the last thing I wanted was help in an already freaky situation.

A blue flash flew past the Mc. Donald’s sign, it was that pixie again. I followed her this time she was traveling straight for the fountain hoping to use the cover of the water to hide herself. I quickly scrambled up and looked for a quick escape from her. She was coming at me this time low enough so that she could make a quick change in direction. If she wanted a chase then she would get one, I took off running taking a hard left around a large table, and jumped over the bodies of two sleeping elderly couples. She followed my movements to the exact motions and was gaining on me fast. I took a spin around a swiveling chair and jumped positioning my legs over a table and using my speed to carry me across it.

The pixie overshot her target and flew right past me as coke and noodles flew all over me. Quickly I pushed off the table and made a run for the noodle shop, maybe I could find some cover in there. The pixie had already realized her mistake and made a turn around the stairs and was coming right at me. The paper had said something about sealing these things. Saying something while hitting it with the staff. Truly that was easier said than done. Grabbing a bowl of Ramen out of a young kid’s sleeping hands I dumped the contents out and placed it over my head to try and protect myself from the sleep dust. The juice began to leak down the side of my face from the bowl and started to sting my eyes as I dived over the counter of the noodle shop and quickly rolled to my right to avoid the pixie that flew overhead just a second later, I had barely escaped that dust again.

The sound of crashing pots and bowls signaled that I had bought myself a few seconds, I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out the tarot card. The Shadow huh? Maybe that would help me stop The Annoyance, or what ever this thing was called. With a quick leap I jumped over the counter and took off running for the stairs. Around me there was other kids doing a variety of things that would seem very unreal except I was being chased by a Pixie with a bowl of Ramen on my head, how unreal is that? Holding the bowl on my head as if it were an army helmet I marched up the stairs to the second level. I would need to gain some height against the pixie if I wanted to take her down.

Diving to the ground on the second story I gazed through the glass toward the floor below. The pixie had flown out of the Ramen shop and seemed content to watching all the action that was going on, all the while it was trying to find it’s target. Milling over saying in my head I finally popped up and threw all of my hope into The Shadow. I flicked my staff around and tossed the card into the air aiming my staff at it. The gray gas inside of it began to spin and whirl rapidly as the card glowed. “Shadow! Grab the pixie and hold her down,” I yelled out praying that the command would be followed. A black and gray mass leaped from the card and circled the pixie, tightening around it and holding it in mid air. Now came the crazy part.

“Creature, Return to your true form, Sleep” I ordered realizing that, that was most likely its name due to all the people falling asleep. I jumping off from the railing of the second floor and extended my staff straight toward the pixie. The staff hit the pixie squarely in the middle of it and I hung in mid air as wind encircled me and dust from below flew around me. The gray gas in the orb in my wand picked up and continued to spin faster and faster as the pixie glowed white. I concentrated as the pixie turned into a flat white card. The light began to fade as the card began to form; it was like The Darkness except this one had the image of the pixie on it. I sighed in relief and reached out for the card when I felt air rush up around me, and gravity start to pull me down.

I let out a loud scream as I plummeted from the second floor straight into the large fountain just deep enough to give me a soft landing and to not break any bones. I quickly threw my head above the water and took in deep amounts of air. Reaching up I grasped the card as it floated down toward me along with light blue dust that when landing on my head, and slowly drifted off to sleep. The last thing I felt was something small jumping on my stomach then onto my head and then off, followed by something very heavy jumping on my stomach and then off.

“You are sealing magic again” A voice spoke from the darkness, it was soft yet filled with a lot of repressed rage and anger. Curls of black smoke drifted from as far as the eye could see. The voice came again this time to the right of me. “Magic will disappear from Earth completely if it is sealed away again” The voice said to me this time her teeth sounded as if they were snapping together in anger.

“I will not let you seal off magic, I will not let anyone confine magic,” She roared from all angles now. “I will kill you, I will kill you all” Her voice boomed, from the blackness ahead of me a gray face leaped at me with long red bloody nails outstretched.

I jolted awake coughing water from my mouth, what had just happened?

Edit: I've debated this back and forth and even though I said Sunday, the only reason I have been holding reserves until then is becuase PokemonLover has personally told me that she will be in Britain until Sunday. I havn't recieved a excuse from Mystic_Clown or Sakura12 for their absence. And as much as I wanna be fair, they both have been absent for awhile, and neither have posted a sign up. So please by 3 PM tomarrow afternoon, try and post something, anything to tell me that either of you guys are alive. If not sadly I will have to give away your reserves so that some of the people that want to come in but weren't able to make it will have a chance.

classy_cat18
11th August 2005, 02:43 PM
RK, I'll be without access to the Internet until Monday, so I'll post my first capture here.

Name: Hotaru Tajiri
Description: 5 feet even, she's medium built. Her tanned skin shows that she gets plenty of sun. She has brown eyes and black hair that she wears in pigtails. She wears her school uniform even outside of school. She has a silver bracelet on her left wrist and a Timex watch on the right. She wears dirty sneakers and is sometimes seen with dirt on her face from playing with her guy friends.
Personality: She tries to be serious but it sometimes backfires. She likes to joke around and play when she's not worrying about school. She's gutsy on the outside, and she'll fight when she has to, but inside she's a girl that likes all things...girly. She doesn't let her age overcome her ability to think on her feet. She loves adventures.
Battle Costume Description: She'll change into a white T-shirt and blue jeans.
Angelic Description: Her eyes turn into an icy blue and she gets blue star tatoos on her forearms.
Staff: It's a silver daisy charm that she wears on a silver chain. When it transforms, it's a long green pole as tall as Hotaru with green vines wrapped around it and the enlarged silver daisy floating at the end. When a card is activated the daisy spins like a pinwheel.
Starter Card: Flower [A]
Capture Cards: Bubbles [A], Thunder [D], and Freeze [D].
Capture/Release Yell: "__, I gotcha/come on out!"
Other: Knows English very well. And can't resist jewelry.

"Betcha can't catch me!" I yelled to my slow playmates as we ran down the sidewalk. The adrenaline was pumping through my veins, making it hard to slow down and enjoy the sights. We played in the park for a while before it was time for lunch at my house.

"Hotaru, slow down!" one of the guys cried out. "We're not as fast as you!"

"Ha! Knew it!" I skidded to a stop in front of my house and stuck a finger in Daisuke's face, the one who told me to slow down. "I knew I should've tried for the track team! Why didn't I listen to myself?"

"Yeah, you could've smoked them all. And might I mention that you could qualify for the soccer team, too? And the baseball team? Not softball, but baseball?"

I sighed. "I'm already worried about my schoolwork without the sports. My parents would kill me if my grades fell below a B. I'm smart but I'm not a genius." I walked through the door and found my mom in the kitchen making sandwiches. "I'm home, Mom." I hugged her tightly and sat at the table with my friends. This was the only day of the week that I could enjoy her being home during most of the day. She was into business just like Dad.

Mom smiled as she brought our lunch to the table. Her smile disappeared when she saw my dirty clothes. "Hotaru, you'll have to go to school in that. Do you really want to go to school dirty?" she asked me, hands on her hips.

"Sorry, Mom. They're just so comfortable!"

"So are your jeans. By the way, you have a package in the living room."

"Wow! I never get packages!" I wolfed down my food and dashed to the living room. There lay a brown package. The label read that it came from the Daidouji Toy Company. Daidouji? I didn't order anything from them. Oh well. It's still cool. I ripped off the tape and looked in the box. Only two things were in there: a metal charm and a sort of Tarot card. "The Flower". It was a beautiful woman wearing a flowery dress. It didn't look like any Tarot card I've ever seen but it still looked cool.

I looked at the charm and was entranced by it. It was a daisy made of silver. Now I may be a tomboy, but I still like jewelry and flowers. A combination of the two really caught my eye. I picked up the charm and looked back in the box, noticing that there was something else in it. It was a set of instructions. "A virtual reality game, huh? So high-tech!" I continued reading, getting more and more excited. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. I had to go out and try it out. "Guys, I know something we can do!"

The other two boys, twins, looked at me and frowned. "We have to go home, Hotaru. We have school supplies to get later." They got up from the table and left the house.

"Oh well. Daisuke, are you game?"

"No. Sorry, Hotaru. I have chores to do." He also left the house.

"Okay. Mom, can I go to the mall? I have to get a chain for this charm." I showed Mom the charm. "Can I go, please?"

"Yes, you can. But put on something else so I can wash that uniform."

I nodded and went to my room to change clothes. I put on my newest blue jeans and a T-shirt, and changed into my dirty sneakers. I handed my school uniform to my mom and bolted out the door. When I got to the mall I got a bit of a surprise. Bubbles were floating out of the doors and into the air. I smiled as one popped on my nose. "Heh heh. Cool. But why are there so many bubbles?" I walked through the doors and immediately slipped, falling flat on my face. The floor was slippery from all the bubbles. The mall was full of them. But that wasn't the only problem. Lots of people were lying down, sleeping like babies. Others were awake and scared. One of them was the owner of the jewelry store. Was this part of the game? Was I supposed to solve this problem?

I took the daisy charm and remembered the word I had to use to "transform" the charm into my "wand". "Release!" I cried out. I felt a surge of energy as the daisy glowed and grew. It turned into a green staff with vines wrapped around it. The daisy grew until it was almost the size of my head. I did it. It really happened, I thought as I looked at the staff in wonder.

I went back to walking, finally reaching the food court. The bubbles seemed to be coming from the fountain. I peered in there and saw a girl that had the tail of a dolphin or something. Looked a lot like a mermaid. I blinked. "Are you the one that's making all these bubbles?" I asked her. She nodded and put her hands together so that the palms were facing me. I was blasted by a barrage of bubbles and knocked on my butt. "Will you quit that?" I got up and took a closer look at the bubbly mermaid. She didn't seem dangerous, and I bet she didn't mean any harm. I took out the instruction booklet and read. "You must be one of the creatures I have to capture," I said.

The mermaid gasped and cringed at the word "capture". She blasted some more bubbles at me, making me jump back in surprise. "I'm sorry!" I shouted. "I promise I won't harm you!" I sat on the edge of the fountain barefoot, letting my feet dangle in the water. "In fact, I bet we could be friends." The mermaid smiled widely at that and swam back to me. I touched the mermaid with the staff. "Bubbles, you're mine." The creature glowed and turned into a card similar to the Flower card that I already had. I got out of the fountain just as a boy fell in, holding another one of those Tarot cards. He went to sleep like the others. I nudged him, hoping he would awaken. "Hey kid, are you okay?"

EVme15
11th August 2005, 06:49 PM
I just realized that it's been a long time since I previously roleplayed. -_-

I hope we don’t mind, I modified a few things about the cards slightly, it shouldn’t be anything drastic...
~|~|~|~|~
Hiwatari Kiaria

Slowly I started walking around, sizing up the situation before doing anything. People were running all around, in such a panic that they didn’t even notice me, or the fact that I was holding a really strange staff. Well, that made things... less annoying.
A woman ran past me, clutching her wailing child, screaming something to the effect of “get me out of here”. At first I thought nothing of it, and continued walking around. However, a few minutes later, that same woman ran by me again, heading in the same direction as before. That’s not right.
In fact, unless I was mistaken, this whole crowd of people seemed to be repeating over and over.
I glanced around. Off to the side, people were running into stores, only to find themselves immediately running out of them again. Something was definitely off.
First things first, calm the panicking crowd.
“HEY PEOPLE, SHUT UP AND STAND STILL!!”
While usually quite effective, yelling at this stampeding mass didn’t work. I resisted the urge to club a few on the head as they pushed by me for the umpteenth time. Idiots, all of them... if running didn’t work the first few times why would it work now?!
Getting an idea, I reached into my pocket and pulled out the card I received. Let’s see, I was supposed to...
“By my power, come forth! Mist!” I raised my staff into the air, bringing it down against the card. The triangles all raced to one side, circling around the glowing object. Suddenly the woman from the picture was in front of me, looking at me expectantly.
“Cover this area so that people can’t see well, I need them to stop running around.”
She nodded and vanished, and instantly a strange fog began to cloud the air. Around me, people immediately began to slow down and stopped running. There were a few screams, but mostly they just stood in one spot or moved around carefully, feeling their way towards wherever they had been trying to go. Somehow my vision in the mist was reasonably decent. Turning, I headed towards wherever everyone had been racing to. That would be where I’d at least find a clue as to what was going on.

I had almost reached the exit, when suddenly the glass doors in front of me were replaced with the sight of the inside of the mall. “What the hell...?”
I turned around, spotting a different exit behind me. With a scowl I headed towards it, only to find myself back in the part of the mall I had just left. Ok, now that I’ve figured out why people were running in loops, I need to figure out how to stop it. And... exactly what is causing this.
With a sigh I stepped back a ways. Looking around for some sign that there was something at work, my eyes stopped on a thin red line. It ran across the floor, up the walls, and across the ceiling. Now, I’m pretty sure that’s never been there before.
I walked forward again, keeping a close eye on the line. Slowly I stepped over it. The second my foot touched the ground, I was teleported to the other side of the mall again. There was another line between my feet. “Found you.”
Stepping completely over the boundary, I turned around and raised my staff. Coming to the red line, it seemed to pause in the air, almost as if it was being resisted. If something should stop working, then break it, I thought with a smirk.
I brought the wand up over my head, and threw it down so that it arced and passed over the red line. It hit the strange barrier with a surprising amount of force, and suddenly a floating loop appeared before me. That must be the ‘card’s true form’ that the instructions had been talking about...
“By my power, be sealed! Loop!”
There was a bright flash, and abruptly a card appeared near the end of my staff. The loop, as well as the red line, was sucked into the card. I reached out, taking it from the air.
“Well, at least the names are intuitive.” I suddenly staggered, using my staff as a support as I felt most of my energy gone. The mist that had been keeping everyone at bay suddenly floated towards me, returning to card form and sliding into my hand.
“Nope... definitely more than... virtual reality...”
My staff returned to its form as a ribbon, and I nearly fell over, gasping for breath.

Haruko
14th August 2005, 04:29 PM
[color=#185396]Inoue Daiki
Tomorrow never knows dakedo ima/mayoi wa nai sa
[size=8pt]hare wataru sora ni mayou/tsubasa no youni

"Inoue-kun is such a sore loser!!!" I heard as I grasped my sword. I remembered it all quickly...I was winning while we were playing a small game of soccer, but then one of the kids changed the rules. In the end, I should've won..but..
"You're a freak, thats why you live on this shrine."...I heard as I walked slowly up the steps, it was Kazu's harsh voice that echoed in my head...Was I hallucinating? Was this a dream?....or did this have to do with the katana I grasped in my very hands? "Oh, now you're crying."

"leave him alone."I appeared underneath the Torii. The kids backed up as I growled lowly, and then ran down the steps, leaving me...laying on the cold, concrete floor. I slowly walked to my youngerself and bent down, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't listen to what they say."I told him, and he sniffled, looking up at me with his glassy eyes.
"But..but.."
"Don't...you're not a freak."I told him."Now go on...You should go back home." He smiled widely, and stood up as I did the same.
"Will I see you at a festival?"He asked."Or...are you a kami-sama or something?"
"I'm not a kami...but I'll see you sooner or later."I said as I waved him off, as he ran back into my..his house. I then took out the card slowly, and sighed..

"Why am I here, and not at the mall?"I started to question myself. Then, it hit me. I sensed the same kind of energy around me as I did in the card. The Storm...if this was a card too....what would be it's name? I started to run off names on the top of my head, hoping to get out of this time soon.

"The Past?"Nothing.
"The Return?" I said, and I started to feel a surge of energy as a creature...a human..formed infront of me. It was a girl, holding a clock. She looked at me with innocent eyes, and as I slowly walked up to her, she backed away.
"It's..ok."I told her, "You..obviously wanted to show me something, right?"She nodded to my question, and almost looked ashamed at herself. She looked as if she couldn't do more than return people to the past..and it wouldn't be fair to damage her if she can't defend.

"I..."I slowly started to say,"What if I..take you back to my time with me? You can help me do whatever I need to do, and you don't have to be ashamed of yourself." She smiled widely and I stood back, going on instinct.

"Sorry if I don't do it right..this is my first time."I said, and aimed the tip of my katana at her as the orb on the bottom of the handle glew.
"Return to your native form...The Return!"I finished, and the girl disappeared in a burst of ribbons of energy, forming a card similar to "The Storm." It slowly floated to me as the scenery around me slowly disintergrated, revealing the mall...

"I'll take good care of you."I said lowly, placing my 2 cards in my pocket and looked around..at the chaos.

Fai D. Flowright
14th August 2005, 11:06 PM
[color=#4499FF]-\Chiba Takumi/-

I pulled my composure back together, running my fingers through my hair to get it out of my face. That smirk wouldn't last on that cat's smug little mouth for long. I took off, sprinting at full speed towards the little demon. As I bent down to grab at it, it zipped out from within my grasp. "Like playing games, do ya? How about a little game of tag?" I shouted to the cat, which was now over near the fountain, "I'll be it...." Mumbling under my breath, a smirk of my own crept across by face. It seemed to accept my challenge by a small nod of its head. "I guess its a little competitive, like me."

Before I could think another moment, I rushed toward the little creature again and it took off as well, jumping down into the fountain. I leapt over the wall and down in as well, trying to keep closely behind it. It bounded off a small stone and back up and out. I followed, using a larger rock nearby (or at least, what I thought was a rock), but when my foot landed, the step sunk under my weight; I was still able to get enough force to land my feet on the top of the wall again, but I looked back to check if I had ruined anything in the fountain. I was aback by the sight that it was a person, not a stone!! "AH! Oh no! I-I'm sorry!" I hollered at the somewhat unconscious boy floaing in the water. "He should be...alright."

My attention turned back to the feline waiting on one of the few standing tables in the food court. It looked up and, as if eagerly awaiting the rest of our chase, turned tail and ran towards the escalators, knocking over more tables and flicking food at me. "Alright you... You're gonna get it now!" I dodged a bowl and some plastic silverware as I crossed through the area. Now out, I finally had no more distractions to keep me from our game of cat-and-mou-...err, human....

Running up the stairs, keeping as close on it's heels as my body would let me, I could slowly feel my stamina dwindling. "I need something to slow this mongral down!" As I continued around the second level of the mall behind the cat, I went through all the stores in my head. There were a couple clothing stores, but I would probably end up at a disadvantage there. The specialty and electronics stores are usually too cramped for chasing. "I know!" I glanced up ahead to see one of the mall's candy stores. "Perfect."

We shot by the shop, and in a quick look, all I could see on the tiled flooring was candy! Gumballs, flavored sugar, jaw breakers, and other confections that would cause the feline to either slip and slide around the floor or slow down, but I had to test something first. I pulled the Tarot card out from my pocket. "Guess I gotta trust in this thing..." I pulled the necklace over my head and dangled it from my hand in from of me. "Release thy power!" The crystal shone brightly and quickly transformed into the sword it had before. Then, taking the card, I flicked it out in from of me, like a shuriken, and it began to float in midair. As I ran by, I stuck the sword out and made a piercing like attack at it. "Reveal thyself, The Shield! Trap that speedy cat!"

In a mere second, a transluscent bubble appeared in front of me in an attempt to capture the animal. To no avail, it was able to speed past the barrier before it appeared around it. I could almost hear it snickering. "Damn! Well, I know what it does now...and it just might work!"

I shifted myself into a position that would force it into the store as we came finally looped around the whole floor. Falling for my trap, it turned and went right into messy shop! The instant it's speeding feet hit the disaster inside, it began to slide across the floor. I carefully tip-toed across the sugary disarray as the cat fought against the lack of friction on the tiling. Before it could even react, it had collided with some shelving at the back of the store. I cautiously approached it and began to laugh. "I finally.....got....yo-oh....SH*****T!" I peered up slowly as the shelving began to break away from the wall. A air of fear immediately took over my face as I scrambled across the floor to get as far from the collapsing structure as possible! "Sh** sh** SH**!" I turned around in the instant it fell and was suddenly doused in a cloud of sugary confection.

I hacked a couple times from the dust, sucking in a breath of the cloud as well. "Mmm... Grape Pixie Stix!" As I stood up, I could see the cat making it's way out of the rubble and shake off, but it wasn't going anywhere THIS time around. "I gotcha now!" It began to run again. "Nuh-uh! Shield!" The same bubble as before appeared around the creature and it hit hard on the inside of it's prison. I stepped over to it, lowering the shield as well, letting the KOed cat flomp to the ground. "Well, I guess catching is probably like calling them." I raised my sword and struck it down at little thing hitting a magical shell around it, "I seal you, Run!" Nothing happened. "Uh...Sprint? Speed!?" I didn't know its name! "Crap! Maybe...DASH!" I burst into a ball of light which spiraled down into the shape of a card like the other. It floated through the air and landed in my hand. The sword shrunk back to it's pendant shape and I replaced it around my neck. "Glad THAT'S over." I sighed, leaving the disasterous store behind me.

I made my way back downstairs, brushing the sugar off my face and body, to see several people gathering around the fountain. "I hope that guy is okay..."

EDIT: OMG PH! I love that song! Tis one of my favs! *walks off singing it*

Roy Karrde
16th August 2005, 03:07 PM
Marufuji Shouta

I was a mess, an utter complete mess, my clothes were soaked, I had food in my face and hair, and my head hurt really badly. Yet it seemed as if everyone was safe, slowly the people around me were waking up one by one. The sleep spell the card had put them under was beginning to wear off. Spell, the word seemed so foreign, almost everything could be explained by science now, yet here I was clutching a magic card. But, magic wasn’t supposed to exist, it never existed, how could this all be happening?

“Sorry about using you for a stepping stone back there,” An older blonde haired boy said to me sliding in next to me on the rock-paved stones that surrounded the fountain. “I hope I didn’t hurt you too badly” He smiled a bit, I shook my head still stunned that some one that looked like a grade 11 or 12 in high school was talking to me.

“Did, you get a dream after you captured your card?” I asked, he looked at me a bit stunned for a second and then shook his head no.

“Was I supposed to?” I asked, suddenly the scary dream I had a few minutes earlier seemed more like a nightmare instead of a magic spell caused by the card.

“There…was a witch in it, I think, or a old woman, she said we would die, because we were sealing the magic away” I said lowering my voice as more people began to come near us with their own wands. It seemed he and I weren’t the only ones here capturing cards; there was at least ten of us, each having a card captured, or in the process of getting one.

“It was most likely just a dream, by the way I’m Chiba Takumi,” He said reassuringly, introducing himself with a handshake.

“Marufuji Shouta” I replied turning and getting up as the rest of the card grabbers seemed to surround us, and talk about their newest adventure and introduce themselves to each other.

“Did you say you had a dream about a witch?” A girl about my age walked over and asked. She was wearing a unique costume and was really pretty; her outfit caught me off guard as I tried to her. All I could do is nod as sweat began to appear on the top of my face.

“That may begin to explain some things, it’s very nice to meet you, and I’m Li Kohana” She smiled sweetly and shook my very shaky and sweaty hand. I couldn’t even begin to reply with my own name, I wanted to though; I wanted to tell her it was nice to meet her. Yet the words just would not come out.

“It’s almost time” The little girl from before mentioned quietly as she moved in front of Kohana and myself. She was walking rigidly straight this time; her eyes were tinted gray with a very glazed look over them.

“The test will come tonight” She spoke up this time speaking above all the other noise. All the talking in the mall suddenly ceased as everyone’s attention turned to her. “None of you will survive” She lowered her voice to a tone that sent a chill up my spine.

Her eyes turned to me; the gray tint in them flashed red before changing back to the dull gray. “You have been given fair warning” She whispered, her eyes closed and her shoulder sank. For a second I thought that what ever had been controlling her was letting her go; yet that thought only lasted a second. The sickening sound of her skin popping and boiling filled the air as the stench of rotten skin swirled around her. Within seconds the skin and muscle had melted off of her. All that was left was a pile of bones where she used to stand. “What…just happened?” I asked my legs trembling in fear of the sudden incineration of the girl. Was it the witch that did this? If so how could we stop some one like that?

Mystic_clown
19th August 2005, 02:08 AM
Damm. Sorry I'm late folks. I'll post soon, as soon as I figure out what's going on.

ChobiChibi
21st August 2005, 02:08 PM
Name: Minoru Kayla
Description: Here. (http://ourworld.cs.com/ChobiChibiBecki/Kayla.jpg) She's about 5'7'' tall. She has dark brown eyes. Other than her school uniform, she wears plain coloured t-shirts with cute little designs and comfy old jeans.
Personality: Kayla is shy around those she doesn't know but is very talkative once you do know her. She is very kind and considerate towards others no matter who they are. She does put up a fight when she has to, however, as she will always stand up for what she believes in. She is rather artistic and enjoys sitting outside painting rather than sports.
Battle Costume Description: A navy blue kimono with golden embroided lilly flowers. It also has a plain light blue sash (i've forgotten the name for it ><) tied around her waist in a bow on the back.
Angelic or Demon Description: Her hair turns more of a brown colour than the browny red she has. Also, she has what looks like tattoos of the wings that Jump produces on each of her ankles where they would be if she were using the card.
Staff: Key here. (http://ourworld.cs.com/ChobiChibiBecki/Key.jpg) Her staff is like the one pictured above. The two wings on the key represent the Jump rather than the Fly as she doesn't have that card. Oh, the card design on the one above is just one i have for a fan comic.
Starter Card: Jump (D)
Capture Cards: Woody (A), Rain (A), Sword (D)
Capture/Release Yell: Capture- "Return to your true form, (name) Card!"
Release is just the card name.
Other: Is Meilin Rei's daughter. She's therefore distantly related to Kohana (as Meilin is Syaoran's cousin) although she has never met her or ever heard anything of the Clow Cards. She gets her magic and looks from her father's side of the family as Meilin had no magic.

~Minoru Kayla~
I lay on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. Hong Kong wasn't as great as Okaasan had made it out to be. We'd just arrived back from vacation at her Aunt's house. It was a little daunting there as she had a huge estate to herself and no one else except her youngest daughter living there. I glanced at my suitcase that sat in the middle of the room. I was meant to be unpacking but with school drawing so near i couldn't really see the point.
"Kayla-chan, there's a package for you here." Okaasan called up the stairs. "It's from the Daidouji Toy Company." Her voice drifted off with the last three words.
I ran down the stairs, practically knocking over my 3 year old brother in the process and took the parcel from Okaasan. I couldn't remember ordering anything from them. Maybe it was some kind of reward for being a good customer?
"I don't see why you buy their products directly from the factory..." Commented Okaasan, making herself busy with my brother. "You could just go to the store and buy it..."
"Don't you like them, Okaasan?" I asked, confused. "Almost everybody has some of their toys."
"No, i have nothing against them. I know the owner, after all."
"Tomoyo-sama? You know Daidouji Tomoyo?" How come she never told me this before?
"She's an old school friend. Now don't you want to know what's in there? Go and open it."
I went back up the stairs two at a time, excited about the contents of the package. I grabbed a craft knife i normally use for art projects and sliced the tape on the back. A box full of polystyrene peanuts greeted me, on top of them a letter.
"Virtual reality game? I never was into games that much, but it sounds interesting." I muttered, reading the letter carefully.
I searched the box, finding the described peice of card and a small key like item that would change into a staff. I stared at the key, wondering what i had to do with it. It had two minature wings on either side of the Yin-Yang symbol. I scanned the letter.
"Release." The key glowed softly. It quite literally grew. I stared at it. It reminded me of those baton things that we used to use in PE. I studied the card. The border was highly decorated and in the center was a small rabbit like creature with huge feet and small wings.
"The Jump?"
A circle of patterned light appeared beneath me. The card dissappeared from my hand and the small rabbit like creature appeared infront of me. It smiled, jumped at my feet and dissappeared. The light went, i stared down at my feet. I had two little wings attached to both my ankles.
I was tempted to call out to my Okaasan, but something told me not to. Also, something told me i had to go to the mall right at that very moment. I just needed a reason to go. Most importantly, i needed to find out how to put this Wand back to its normal size and get the wings off my feet.
I stood up, it must have been slightly suddenly as when my feet touched the floor i jumped up to the ceiling, bashing my head and coming back down again. I rubbed my head, glanced at the ceiling then glared at the wings on my feet. This wasn't going to be as easy as i thought.
The best way to get out of the house without question was to just run and yell as you went out the door. I was a little annoyed. For one thing, i had a throbbing pain from where i'd hit the ceiling and i still hadn't found out how to shrink my wand back to normal. It was getting me weird looks. I may aswell put these things to good use... I thought, walking casually into a side alley and jumping onto the roof.
I finally saw the Mall in the distance. It was in chaos! Why did i come again? That feeling. I still had it. It told me i had to go in and sort this mess out.
One last huge jump found me on the glass roof of the Mall. I looked down, there were other people down there with wands too, one even had a sword! They all seemed to be sorting it out themselves and i started to wonder whether they needed me.
A tree branch flew through the glass, grabbing my ankle and pulling me through the glass and down towards the cold, solid ground below. I kicked the branch with my free foot. I was obviously more agile with this jump card as the branch let go and the force of the kick sent me head over heels and i managed to land on a hand rail on the second floor. I had a lot more balance with these too, obviously.
I jumped from place to place as the branches came at me from all directions. I was getting very tired, but from the glances i got, i saw that the others were just as busy with their monsters as i was. I had to find a way to stop this...
Finally, i thought of an idea. I jumped toward the tree and once there i jumped from branch to branch, knoting them up. I stood back once finished, grinning at what i had done.
"Oh wait... I have to seal it... Um..." I muttered to myself. I thought back to the instructions. "Return to your true form, Tree Card!" I yelled.
Nothing happened. I glared at it. "Umm, Forest Card? Wood Card? Stick Card? For goodness sake... Woody!"
The same circle of light appeared around me again, this time i took note of its pattern. A sun in the middle with a moon in the background, just like the back of the Jump. The tree turned into a woman and formed a yellow kind of smoke which then made a card. I took it from where it floated infront of me. The tree-like woman was very beautiful.
The wings from my feet disappeared and returned to its card. The rush of energy i had felt from getting the new card went too. I lost my balance from the railings on the edge of a small fountain and fell in. Drenched, i made my way over to a small group of people with wands that were gathering.

Sorry i took so long -_-

Malarkey
22nd August 2005, 08:54 AM
Holding the full expansion of the charm in my hand, I searched for the cloth again, hoping it would lead to who was making everything disappear. I walked carefully up the path towards the entrance when suddenly a strange figure disrupted my concentration. It held a long cloth, like the one that I was able to glance at earlier. The clothes that it wore almost made me laugh. It reminded me of a jester. The two of us stood at a standoff, facing each other without moving an inch. The scene could have been labeled a cheesy western copy but my mind didn’t really dwell on the fact.

“Are you feeling lucky, punk?” I asked as I raised the staff. Ok maybe the joke did creep into the back of my mind. I lost the standoff as I ran over towards the creature, swinging the staff like a baseball bat. A small smile came to my opponent’s face as the cloth lashed out at me when I came into range. Finally gathering my wits, I dodged out of the way and fell into a bush on the side of the cement. I barely caught a glimpse of Takumi as he walked by, obviously showing no signs of wanting to help. Oh well, if I didn’t end up as one of scenery did before I would have to bring it up.

The bush in front of me disappeared and that… thing... was hovering in front of where what used to be, my hiding place. “Hey that wasn’t fair!” I yelled and jumped up to run away again. It followed me intently, openly playing a game of cat and mouse until it heard something behind it. A little girl gazed up at it with her mouth hanging open. She had to have been about three years old, and she reached out to touch the figure with that held the cloth. Distraction!

I ran away from the scene and hid behind a tree, now knowing what I had to do. I took out the card quickly and read the inscription again. The Arrow. “The Arrow, reveal yourself to us!” Corny? Yes definitely. But anything to get some help was necessary. A girl came from the card with a very interesting choice of clothes. The pink almost made my eyes slightly sore, seeing as there was so much of it. “All right. I am guessing that you can shoot arrows. Hence the name The Arrow…” I started rambling. I quickly looked around the tree and saw the cloth cover the little girl that had served so well for my escape. She disappeared just as everything else did. I felt an appropriate feeling of guilt though pushed it aside. Now wasn’t the time to dwell on things that I had already done.

“You need to hit that stupid cloth. Right in the corner, and pin it up against something.” I explained quickly. “Then I can do the rest. Can you handle it?” She nodded with a twisted look of glee on her face as she took an arrow, and easily pulled back the string. She waited for a few moments for her target to be in the right spot. I watched as the cloth drifted towards our hiding spot, meaning that my newfound friend had found us again.

She released the arrow, and it flew towards one end of the cloth, pierced it, and pulled it along with its course. Hitting a trunk of a tree, it fastened the cloth with it. The jester turned and tugged at the cloth with frustration. The arrow stayed where it was. Obviously it was too obsessed in getting the cloth free, then noticing me. I tiptoed behind it and placed the end of the staff on its back.

“You are mine…. return to the card Disappear? No…erase?” It seemed as if I could hear it scream as the black light absorbed the figure, and it became a card, which I easily caught. I threw it in my purse and walked away towards The Arrow. “Thanks, you really helped me out there…” I said quietly as she nodded and returned to a card. I took that one as well and slipped it next to The Erase, quite proud of myself. Relief came as well when everything that was once invisible, came back to sight, including the little girl. I nodded towards her and started back down the path towards the entrance to the mall. The fountain was easily the most crowded area, so I walked towards it and noticed Takumi with a couple other people that I couldn’t name.

“What’s going on here?” I asked him, quickly forgetting about lecturing him about leaving me earlier.