PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Princess delayed

Jeff
16th August 2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6438

Nintendo of America has sent a notice to analysts and the media that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has been delayed to at least April 2006. Eiji Aonuma's development team apparently wants extra time to polish off the game, and they're getting it.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess. Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller.

I wouldn't be as dissapointed if Nintendo had another big game lined up for Gamecube this Christmas, oh well...

Razola
17th August 2005, 03:10 AM
Isn't Fire Emblem coming out 4th quarter? That's more than enough for me.

Legends-Kuja
17th August 2005, 09:10 AM
Kingdom Hearts 2 looks like it's gonna dominate the holidays. (That ain't a bad thing)

Shame too, cuz Twilight Princess looks like it could really rule.

Roy Karrde
17th August 2005, 12:39 PM
I have a feeling that we wont be playing this game until around this time next year. I doubt it would come out in April or May, since Nintendo most likely will want another E3 showing with it now, and Summer is always a dead time for anything but PC games. So I figure that they will release it in August or maybe September in hopes of jumpstarting interest and sells in preporation for the Revolution's launch late next year. Either way I doubt many Gamecubes will be seeing any play come this Christmas.

FTorchicX
18th August 2005, 09:44 PM
This is really bad news, because this was one of the few must get games for the Cube this Christmas. Of course there's still Pokemon XD and that Fire Emblem game that fans will eat up, but it still won't be the same without Zelda.

Tainted
21st August 2005, 12:25 PM
Blows. Haven't played my Gamecube in ages, it's just been sitting there collecting dust except for the occasional time my sister decides to play Harvest Moon or something. Even my Ps2 hasn't been getting that much action. It's a shame.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Razola
21st August 2005, 02:57 PM
Hell, I haven't been playing any of the consoles lately except for my SNES.

Sceptile_Master
21st August 2005, 07:43 PM
I too have not been playing my consoles much lately. I'm always playing the guitar instead these days.

Anyhoo on subject I highly doubt it will be a multi-million selller especially since by 2006 alot of game stores probably wont even have a gamecube sections the way it's going ATM. But Kindom Hearts 2 looks like an orgasm in game form so that'll do me if it's coming out by christmas.

PNT510
21st August 2005, 10:11 PM
Alot of game stores still have NES and SNES sections, but by next year they won't carry gamecube games, are you fucking retarded?

Sceptile_Master
23rd August 2005, 03:08 PM
You obviously don't live in the UK. Gamestation might have some but definetely not most of them. Most just have little stands with just a few gameucbe games in.

Arnen
23rd August 2005, 03:10 PM
Oh. My. God. Game Stop called and said it would be delayed but they said March... This is so unfair, I've had it preordered since May -__- They'd better at least come out with some uber-cool bonus thingy for preordering it..

Chris Watarimono
23rd August 2005, 05:35 PM
I don't have the GCN personally, but I know for sure this is going to really suck for all those pre-orderers awaiting this game for this Christmas, and instead have to wait a whole half-year afterward to get the goodies.

And PNT, not many mainstream wideretailers don't carry old school games and consoles, at least where I'm living in New York. The only places I know of are used game stores, some small mom and pop stores, and not much else.

-Chris R.

PNT510
23rd August 2005, 09:18 PM
[b]He didn't say mainstream retailers. He said gamestores, which will carry games until well after a systems lifespan normally.

SupremeChampion
11th September 2005, 10:50 PM
[i]this sucks... i've been waiting for this game for so long. oh well, i guess i can wait a little longer, and this will give me extra time to actually pay off the game completely. and, i also agree with nabooru... they better give some awesome pre-order thingy for making us wait this long.

~The Italian Stallion