PDA

View Full Version : ~-O-~ The Circle Breaks ~-O-~ Sign-ups!

Arnen
3rd March 2003, 09:10 PM
~-O-~ The Circle Breaks ~-O-~

It's been four years since Sandry, Tris, Daja, and Briar have taken on their first Mage students. Life at Winding Circle has been actually rather boring since then as the young Mages continue their teachings.
But now a new challenge threatens the Circle, and the four Mages most likely to stop it are away. It is up to a small band of misfits to stop the strange series of murders... Before it's too late.

Basically, a bunch of murders are taking place while Sandry, Tris, Daja, and Briar are away, and it's up to a bunch of in-training mages to figure out the murderer and stop him/her. The magic in this RPG will be limited to craft-magic (magic that is used with a certain craft, like gardening or metal-forging).

Here's the form:

~Name: Your birth name.
~AKA: The name you will mostly go by in this RPG. It can be somewhat related to your magic (like Briar's in the books, his real name's Roach but he wanted to be Briar Moss)
~Age: 11-14
~Gender:
~Looks: Make it Medievall-y.
~Personality:
~Magic: There's thread-magic (where you weave things), forge-magic (related to metalwork), weather-magic (predict and control the weather to an extent), green-magic (related to plants, you can make them grow or have them attack enemies), stone-magic (you can make stones heat or light up, and move them without physically touching them), and ice-magic (my own invention, you can predict avalanches, create ice and snow, very good at skiing and snowshoeing, and stand very cold temperatures). There are others, too. I'll accept anything else with a description of it, as long as it's related to a sort of craft.
~Teacher: Make up a name for your teacher. Their name would likely reflect their element.
~Teacher's personality: It doesn't hafta be too long, just basic.
~Weapon: One not-too-big weapon. I will allow multiple small weapons, like daggers, and bow/quiver combos count as one.
~Popularity: On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest. This is half a school RPG, ya' know.
~Dorm: There are three each for boys and girls, each housing ten students: Sun House, Moon House, and Earth House. Discipline houses four of any gender.
~Interests: Whatcha like to do?
~Class: Are you a noble? A Trader? A merchant? What are you?
~Other: Your Other is min-other, it is semi-other, it is the margerine of other, it is the Diet Coke of other!!

Here's mine. One card allowed without very good reason (like twins or something).

~Name: Arnen
~AKA: Krystal (or Kris) Icefreeze
~Age: 12
~Gender: F
~Looks: Sorta tall, light brown hair, blue-grey eyes, wears a light blue tunic and light grey - almost white - pants with white boots.
~Personality: Quiet, and has a strong belief that she doesn't need friends. She's sorta like Briar.
~Magic: Ice-magic
~Teacher: Dedicate Snowmoon (nicknamed Snow by Kris)
~Teacher's personality: She's always looking on the bright side of things, but cross her and she's unforgiving as a blizzard.
~Weapon: Five or six daggers hidden about her person (think Briar).
~Popularity: 2
~Dorm: Discipline
~Interests: Skiing, ice skating, reading.
~Class: Middle-class
~Other: *glomps Briar*

One more thing, here's the names of the months.

Jan: Wolf Moon
Feb: Storm Moon
Mar: Carp Moon (Sunborn is Vernal Equinox)
Apr: Seed Moon
May: Goose Moon (Wild Night is Beltane)
Jun: Rose Moon (Midsummer is Summer Solstice)
Jul: Mead Moon
Aug: Wort Moon
Sept: Barley Moon (Coldborn is Autmnal Equinox)
Oct: Blood Moon (Dead Night is Halloween)
Nov: Snow Moon
Dec: Hearth Moon (Longnight is Winter Solstice)

Days of the week:

Sun: Sunsday
Mon: Moonsday
Tue: Starsday
Wed: Earthsday
Thur: Airsday
Fri: Firesday
Sat: Watersday

Ok, that's it. Done. Sign up people!!

Twizzler0171
3rd March 2003, 09:54 PM
~Name: She thinks it's Kisa, but she's not sure.
~AKA: Windstorm (Windy)
~Age: 12, almost 13
~Gender: Female
~Looks: Grey eyes, brown hair, tall, almost Elvish
~Personality: Like Tris's!
~Magic: Weather magic!
~Teacher: Rain
~Teacher's personality: Thoughtful
~Weapon: Bow/Quiver, sword, dagger
~Popularity: 5
~Dorm: Sun House
~Interests: Try not to get kicked out
~Class: Class? She doesn't know.
~Other: Before taken to the Winding Circle, she had no memory of her past, from a year before. Now, she's getting bits and peices. Like Tris, she lived in many houses, being switched over many times.

VirtualPlay
3rd March 2003, 10:31 PM
*is interested* again…nice RPG idea…

~Name: Maiku Konnetsu
~AKA: Faiya
~Age: 13
~Gender: Male
~Looks: about 5'5", with flaming (no pun!) red hair, and blue eyes, which show the rare calmness inside him; wears black pants, with a red robe-like top over a black shirt; the robe-ish thing goes down to just above his knees, and it has a fire pattern outlined in orange on the back
~Personality: Loner, not really by choice; was greatly rejected as a younger child and has come to think just about everyone hates him; doesn't make friends, although deep down a good friend is what he really needs (and wants)
~Magic: Fire — useful for forging metal as well as cooking (which he does okay) and attacking (which he used to do a lot more)
~Teacher: Heet Burner (called Heat by Faiya)
~Teacher's personality: Normally cool-tempered, but can develop a nastily hot anger should he be provoked.
~Weapon: Fireproof bow with silver quiver. He can make the arrows burn with his fire power.
~Popularity: 3 (only because he used to start fights/riots a lot; it's going down)
~Dorm: Discipline
~Interests: He used to cause trouble a lot, but he's getting over it; likes to cook because he can do it
~Class: Middle-class (no big ideas, really)
~Other: Is really looking for a friend, but can't seem to let himself make any

EDIT: spelling issues -.-'

Shadow Djinn
3rd March 2003, 11:34 PM
~Name: .....kEN
~AKA: Zera
~Age: 13
~Gender: M
~Looks: Black hair, -black tunic over a white shirt and has emerald eyes. Green pants, red shoes.
~Personality: Really cold...just wants to have a down to heart friend. Not one that uses him because he has something they want. A belt around him, with 1 long sheathe, with his sword kep t in it. Keeps cool.
~Magic: *growls*
Psynergy: Can move things without touching them, lift things, read minds(although he has not been able to do this yet), show hidden things, and foresee the future(although he has not been able to do this yet)In battle he uses it to teleport and become invisible for a short while

~Teacher: Psy MUrran
~Teacher's personality: Calm and collected.
~Weapon: Sword, sheathe(hey they are made of HARD matieriel), daggers, strapped on belt.
~Popularity: 4-5
~Dorm: Discipline...
~Interests:Move things, levitate things, practice with sword and read
~Class: MIddle class
~Other:

Arnen
4th March 2003, 07:20 AM
Twizzler0171: In :yes: Great form ^-^

Zeratul: In :yes: Another great form :D

Dark Templar 8: I guess I could let you have a sword AND daggers... Sure, you're in.

The_Missing_Link: Water...? Whatcha mean? More than one person can have a type of magic, so you wouldn't need to reserve it... But I'd hafta see a description of that type of magic before I can ok anything...

The_Missing_Link
4th March 2003, 03:06 PM
Ah, I see. Nevermind then

Name: Amalthea Arran
AKA: Kaia
Looks: 5'2, looks weak but is pretty strong. Has short brown hair and eyes the color of the sea, it's like you can see into them forever. Wears a crimson silk tunic and black leggings and boots.
Personality: Pretty much of a loner, she expects people to talk to her first, thus not making any friends. Other than that, she's pretty cheerful most of the time
Magic: Forge magic. Extremely good with making anything that involves metal, she can also use fire at her will and cannot be harmed by the heat. And if she has access to fire, can create fireballs and throw them at enemies
Teacher: Dedicate Sunfire
Teacher's Personality: Firm, but has a cool sense of humor. It takes a lot to get her angry
Weapon: A sword with a crimson sheath that cannot be melted by flames
Popularity: 5. People know her but don't talk to her that often
Dorm: Discipline
Interests: Reading and cooking, although she's not that good at it
Class: Daughter of a trader, she actually lived on the seas most of her life, expecting to follow in her family's footpaths. Sort of like Daja's life but not as harsh
Other: None

KaptainSarcasm
4th March 2003, 03:46 PM
~Name: Toki Tenkawa
~AKA: Hana (Pronounced HA-na. Japanese for flower.)
~Age: 14
~Looks: Long red hair and emerald green eyes. She hates wearing noble clothes, so usually she'll wear the clothes of a commoner or even a servant.
~Personality: Calm and peaceful, she enjoys the little things in life, such as sunshine and wind and plants. She spends most of her time in the forest with the animals, and it's hard to catch her without a smile on. With this friendly of a personality, she has many friends. She also can get pretty mad, but that rarely ever happens.
~Magic: Green-magic.
~Teacher: Natu Kinetic (NAH-tu kin-EH-tic)
~Teacher's personality: Just like Hana, but even more peaceful. She destests using plants to her own will, whereas Hana has a bond with them and knows they don't mind.
~Weapon: She doesn't need one; she makes them out of plants around her. But if she's all alone with no plants, she does know how to throw a good punch. ;)
~Popularity: 7. There are some people who think she's a "Damn Hippie."
~Dorm: Sun House.
~Interests: She likes watching the sun set. She also likes speaking with the plants. And she likes anime.
~Class: Noble, but hates being a noble. (And now a note from your friendly neighborhood Communist: DOWN WITH CLASS!)
~Other: She's Japanese, so she speaks three languages: Japanese, English, and PLANT.

Yay!

EDIT: Changed the name, just for you. ^^

Everoy
4th March 2003, 04:01 PM
~Name: Christo Meriglan
~AKA: Zinno Marigold
~Age: 11
~Gender: Male
~Looks: green eyes, blonde hair, pale skin, clothes are sort of ragged
~Personality: Think Briar and Tris after being in a blender :P
~Magic: Green Magic
~Teacher: Tuladil
~Teacher's personality: Perky, hyper, strict
~Weapon: His dagger that he got when someone had no money and made an offer.
~Popularity: 6
~Dorm: Sun House, because plants need light.
~Interests: Anything not having to do with Tuladil :P
~Class: Merchant
~Other: He was abandoned at the age of 5 and then started acting like a thief, but settled with being a merchant.

Arnen
4th March 2003, 08:16 PM
T_M_L: In :yes:

KaptainSarcasm: In :yes: But... Could you maybe please chang your teacher's name? There's a Dedicate Rosethorn in the book and some people *cough*me!*cough* might get confused by that.

Parsec: In :yes: Briar... And Tris... In a blender? *shudders at the thought*

Mystic_clown
4th March 2003, 08:53 PM
Name: Tio Nova
A.K.A: Yojimbo
Appearance: He has brown eyes and long, red hair with yellow streaks. He wears a red, wide-brimmed hat, an orange outfit lined with gold and a red gown over it. (He's dressed like Yojimbo from FF10)
Personality: Very quiet and calm. He seems to be more interested with his surroundings more then everything else.
Magic: Moon- can control the power of the moon and the night.
Teacher: Kai Moonlight
Teacher Personality: Very calm and collected. Very wise.
Weapon: a Katana with a perfectly white blade.
Popularity: 1
Dorm: Moon
Interests: ????? (he's usually seen walking around the school grounds at night.
Class: Mercanary
Other: n/a

Twizzler0171
5th March 2003, 05:26 PM
Aack! Gotta read Briar's Book (The only one that was available :P) again. I forgot what they acted like. And Tris, and Briar in a blender... *Imagines a VROOMING noise and Tris and Briar in a blender*

DewPrisim
5th March 2003, 07:35 PM
~Name: Kyra Moonlight
~AKA: Gabrieal
~Age: 11
~Looks: look at attachment
~Personality: You decied
~Magic: White-Magic (curing wounds, makes a great nurse, makes herbal medicine, etc.)
~Teacher: SanMyna CureLite
~Teacher's personality: Nice
~Weapon: see my person's attachment? Thats her Fayth Of Fate.
~Popularity: 4
~Dorm: Disipline
~Interests: Likes to make Moons and Suns
~Class: Princess :D:D:D:D
~Other: A princess from a kingdom that fell. She needs magic to help her kingdom. Her mother died when Kyra was born. Her father died and said ,"Ye who the Gods protect, Gabreial.". She inherited the name Gabreial. She started to take magic lessons.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Arnen
6th March 2003, 08:39 PM
VROOM! I think my Briar-and-Tris-milk shake is done :D *watches as everybody face-vaults*

Mystic_clown: Yo, Jimbo! :D (I said that the first time I saw 'im in FFX :D) You're in :yes: Cool original element...

DewPrism: My friend has a half-sister named Gabriel... Oh, sorry ^_^ You're in too :yes:

Hmm... Nine sign ups... Ok, I guess I'll start it now. LSUs will have to just arrive into the plot, I guess.

Twizzler0171
7th March 2003, 07:28 PM
Is it started yet? I can't find it. Plus, I finished the book! Almost, anyways. But I know Tris's personality. :P

Arnen
7th March 2003, 09:43 PM
I decided to give sign ups an extra day. BGesides, Mystic_clown kept bugging me about starting Return of Heroes. I'll definitely start thsi tomorrow morning, but I gotta check all my other RPGs now.

Mystic_clown
7th March 2003, 09:52 PM
Well Soooorrrrryyyyy!!!! It's not my fault you such good RPGs.

Arnen
7th March 2003, 09:54 PM
;o I didn't mean it like it was bad or anything...

Twizzler0171
14th March 2003, 10:34 AM
If it has/When it starts, can you please post the URL? I'm not very good at finding things. ;o

The_Missing_Link
14th March 2003, 04:03 PM
O_o It has already started and it's on the second page