PDA

View Full Version : Best playable character design

Powarun
18th August 2005, 11:15 PM
I know that there are the females in the Gamecube Colleseum games, and that technicallly Emerald's characters have different colors but they are the same spirte but I was just going for the main playable characters and why.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
19th August 2005, 05:00 AM
Personally I liked the looks from the Ruby/Sapphire. But that's not really a surprise I guess since the later the games were made the better the graphics looked. It's just no comparison to the grey scale and low resolution graphics of the older GB games.

Lady Vulpix
19th August 2005, 09:06 PM
I agree with Alex, though I've only seen screenshots of the GBA games. Crystal was original in that it was the first one to have a girl, though.

Orion
29th September 2005, 03:41 PM
The Colosseum guy. Hands down. He looked 00ber cool, and wasn't a 10-years old (Or at least it can be assumed he wasn't 10...). Too bad there was no background whatsoever on him, besides being member of Snagem. I still prefer his cool appearance and non-generic design.

AntiAsh Superstar
30th September 2005, 06:27 AM
I'm gonna have to agree about the Colo guy, actually, for the reasons Orion stated. He actually looked as if he had a bit of personality, unlike the other character designs that seem a touch rushed in comparison. (then again this is understandable with regards to the GB games, why bother putting ages into character design for a random whose whole purpose really comes down to carrying your team from battle to battle?)

mr_pikachu
30th September 2005, 04:58 PM
I'm going to go with the guy/girl in Crystal (the guy was the same as in Gold and Silver, but the girl was only in Crystal). Giving some leeway due to the fact that those were on the GB Color while most of the other games were on more advanced systems (especially the Stadiums and Colosseum, which obviously have fewer limitations on graphics), I think they probably outclass the rest. They were done pretty well, in my opinion.

Carrot
4th October 2005, 08:43 PM
I like the Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen girl she's cool

Devil
8th October 2005, 08:19 AM
All the characters are lookin' strange. Their heads are bigger that their whole body...

PokePaul
12th October 2005, 10:49 AM
The FireRed / LeafGreen girl was the best, just look at that St.Trinians-esque summer hat!!! She was much more feminine and proud of it than the other two. The R/S/E girl has that bandanna that makes her look like a reject from Gwen Stefani's Rich Girl video, and the Crystal girl had that dire blue rinse and was that a beanie she wore on her head??? I mean wha ...?
The boys are cool too, but it's just so much nicer to trot around Pokemon land in a skirt!

Silv
17th November 2005, 02:56 PM
The Colosseum guy seems to be the only one with a real menacing look to him. The rest of them just seem like your typical goodie two-shoes, happy-go-lucky kids. I was glad to see that change, and one with a fairly unique design. Most of the main characters you play as seem to have this Little League Champion look and feel to them.

The Colosseum guy however, knows how to dress. And I know he didn't have much of a background, but when has the main character of any game had one? So far, he has more of a background than any other main character from a Pokemon game. But I personally think they should just cut their methods and just make a character with a personality and dialouge.

soggy_cardboard
2nd January 2006, 06:32 PM
I remember when crystal came out, you could actually choose to be a female. It had funky blue colours. And a hat. It gets my vote ;)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th January 2006, 03:59 PM
Well, I'd say my vote goes to the GSC boy because I just seemed to like its pants. He looked kind of cool through my eyes so many years ago. I also like the girl character in FRLG, it's stylish.

Magmar
7th January 2006, 09:43 PM
Crystal for me! I named my Crystal girl "Michiru"

...you'd get that if you'd ever watched sailor moon.