PDA

View Full Version : Wallace and Gromit: The Movie

Razola
19th August 2005, 12:57 AM
Oh mommy, yes! (http://www.wandg.com/)

I'm am speechless. Sorta.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
19th August 2005, 05:06 AM
Is speechless a good or a bad thing? They started showing previews of that movie three weeks ago in theaters in Austria and the audience wasn't all too excited and neither was I. The previews tried to show some more amusing scenes but they utterly failed. There just wasn't anything new or original that we hadn't seen in countless movies before.

IMO it just looks too dowdy, like a movie from yesteryear, reminding a lot of Chicken Run. Good enough for a Sunday afternoon on TV but not good enough for cinemas.

Heald
19th August 2005, 10:17 AM
Wallace and Gromit are your kings. You will bow down to them.

I loved the TV movies so this should be pretty rocking.

Chris 2.1
19th August 2005, 10:54 AM
I think it should be great. Apparently Wallace is trying to save some Duchess or Lady somebody from an Evil Count something Von something. or something. So I'm guessing Wendeline is out the picture...still, should be a corker. I hope Shaun is still kicking around.

The Blue Avenger
19th August 2005, 11:49 AM
So I'm guessing Wendeline is out the picture...

Well, isn't she allergic to cheese? She'd pretty much have to be out of the picture.

Kris
19th August 2005, 12:37 PM
I heard about this a while ago and was really excited but then didnt hear anything for ages.

Few weeks ago I saw the trailer and me and my friend were like 'oh my god!!!!! Wallace and Grommit!!!!!!!!'.

I CANNOT WAIT! This film is seriously gonna kick some ass!

Crazy
19th August 2005, 03:16 PM
Cool,the original movies were good. I liked the one where they went to the moon to get cheese.The trouser one was pretty funny as well.

Chris 2.1
19th August 2005, 04:00 PM
Well, isn't she allergic to cheese? She'd pretty much have to be out of the picture.

LOL i forgot about that. Still, that moment in the wool shop...*sigh*.

Razola
19th August 2005, 06:53 PM
Is speechless a good or a bad thing? They started showing previews of that movie three weeks ago in theaters in Austria and the audience wasn't all too excited and neither was I. The previews tried to show some more amusing scenes but they utterly failed. There just wasn't anything new or original that we hadn't seen in countless movies before.

IMO it just looks too dowdy, like a movie from yesteryear, reminding a lot of Chicken Run. Good enough for a Sunday afternoon on TV but not good enough for cinemas.
It's okay, you just have no soul.

Crystal Mew
20th August 2005, 11:48 AM
[color=#9966cc]I remember watching one of the movies in my drama class. I remember I liked it a lot, so hopefully this movie will be good.

its kinda weird though, I haven't really seen wallace and gromit in forever it seems. why all of a sudden make a movie?

Thy
20th August 2005, 12:05 PM
its kinda weird though, I haven't really seen wallace and gromit in forever it seems. why all of a sudden make a movie?

It's been in development for years. After all, claymation does take a while. Especially if you have to film and hour and a half with clay as your actors. Not to mention, building and designing the new characters and sets. Plus after Chicken Run did so well, maybe they though that Wallace and Gromit should make a come back?

The Blue Avenger
20th August 2005, 12:27 PM
It's been in development for years. After all, claymation does take a while. Especially if you have to film and hour and a half with clay as your actors. Not to mention, building and designing the new characters and sets. Plus after Chicken Run did so well, maybe they though that Wallace and Gromit should make a come back?

Also, it's not like they've been completely out of the limelight; there have been several W&G shorts premiering on the website for quite some time now.

MToolen
21st August 2005, 08:11 AM
I do enjoy Wallace and Gromit. I don't know why, it's just so pure and naive, like Monty Python without swearing or violence. This is British comedy at heart and it's something I haven't seen in a while. I might very well need a laugh in a month or two when it's released.

GreenShirT
21st August 2005, 07:25 PM
It hapens when I have too many windows open, corrected.

RedStarWarrior
23rd August 2005, 12:34 PM
Wallace and Gromit....what can I say? I caught one of the made for TV movies on Cartoon Network once and have loved the duo since. I don't know why, but who am I to argue with myself?

Heald
18th October 2005, 10:53 AM
I saw it the other day.

I thought it was alright. Very British. I was impressed with how many characters they put in. Chicken Run had loads of characters but this had loads of human characters who were all very well animated. That said, the animation was outstanding.

Also, for you yanks out there, this is actually a perfect representation of what Northern England is actually like (except for giant rabbits, natch).

Kris
18th October 2005, 02:03 PM
I watched the special on sky movie the other day, showing the old films. And god I missed these guys!!

Really have to go to the cinema to see this soon!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
19th October 2005, 05:30 AM
I saw it last week and have to say I was pleasently surprised with this one, it was many times better than the awful movie ad suggested. Quite an amusing piece of work. I take this over all those old short movies with W & G any day.