PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Diamon?? what's that about

VanirElf
28th August 2005, 10:26 PM
ok so I'm apparently out of the lupe here...

what's Pearl / diamond i'm assuming they're new versions

when are they due out?

can someone please tell me all about 'em or where to find out about 'em

mr_pikachu
28th August 2005, 10:59 PM
You can find out pretty much everything you want to know in the Other Pokemon Games forum:

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?board=96.0

Number1ChanseyFan
29th August 2005, 12:58 PM
In short, Diamond and Pearl are the next series of games in the Pokémon series. They will be for the Nintendo DS, but they will still be compatible with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen.

Diamond/Pearl will have new Pokémon in them, as well as some of the older Pokémon. 114 new Pokémon could be a realistic guess, as that would bring the grand total of different Pokémon up to 500.

Diamond/Pearl will take place in a completely different area, it will not take place in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Orre. A lot of people think it may take place in a snowy area, because of the whitish colored gems that these games are named after.

There will be no new Pokémon types in D/P, but there will be new type combinations.

5 of the new Pokémon have been released. Munchlax is a pre-evolution of Snorlax, Bonsly is a pre-evolution of Sudowoodo. Both of these Pokémon can be seen in the new upcoming XD: Gale of Darkness Pokémon game for the Gamecube, which will be released in the US the first week of October. Many stores, including the NYPC have started presales for the game.

The other 3 new Pokémon are Manene, a pre-evolution of Mr.Mime, and Manyula, an evolution of Sneasel. And finally, there is Rukario, a Steel/Fighting type Pokémon.

These games are set for release in Japan in 2006. No US date has been announced. If I were to guess, I would say they would be available in the states probably between September 2006-March 2007, I would say that September would be the most likely.