PDA

View Full Version : Should I repost my fanfic here?

SuperSonicMewtwo
28th August 2005, 10:36 PM
Yes, all, it's been a long time. I've mostly been spending time at Paradigm-City Forums, but that is irrelvent.

I want my fanfiction to be read, and at the places it's posted (fanfiction.net and deviantART) it's not getting viewed..at all. what better place to post a Pokemon fic than a Pokemon forum?

For those who don't remember (mostly everyone, probably), I have attempted a few times at a fanfiction staring my main character, SuperSonicMewtwo. My story has evolved to follow this character, who himself is a dark, easily irritated boy with the powers of Mewtwo, who wishes to destroy the evils of the world, while generally ignoring the fact he himself does things that are evil to some extent. once shown a true path by a good friend, he unlocks his full power to achieve his purpose. (that actually sounds pretty religious right there, but that's not what the fic is about)

for those who remember me, and are familiar with the story...this is what i originally planned as the 'final' part. also, i'd like to think my writing has matured over the years, compared to what i used to post long ago.

i'm not sure if i should post the story here, because it can take me a long time to really force myself to write new chapters, and, i'm not sure if people would like it... so really, i must ask some people to go to [-------.com] and check the story out (Dark Vegeance) and ifthey like it, i can post it here too..and it will be added incentive to make new chapters. if no one likes it, then i won't post it here, that's fine. i WAS thinking of writing a small metroid fanfiction as well, but i have no official plans for that at the moment.

mr_pikachu
28th August 2005, 10:55 PM
I remember you from way back when.

The way I see it is that you should feel free post it here. People might read it, or they might not. But you may as well try. After all, not posting it here assures that you'll get zero readers. Besides, these are times when pretty much every fic has readers, and most have repliers as well. Besides, this is one of the best forums out there for figuring out how to further improve your writing skills. The responses here might help you figure out better ways to gain readership in other mediums in addition to our forums.

On a side note, I'm not too familiar with deviantART, but yes, ff.net is awful. In my honest opinion, it makes fanfiction look bad, so don't worry about not getting noticed there. On that site, all the wrong fics get noticed. The only good ones that garner any attention are the ones that are absolutely spectacular, and even they don't get as much as they should. There are simply too many fics with too few serious readers.

dratinihaunter13
29th August 2005, 05:06 AM
hey, welcome back SSM. I remember you pretty well. you're a good writer, and i think your story would take pretty well here if enough readers came across it. anyway, we have a rule that states if you can post your fic on tpm, do it and not a link to it from another site.

i mean hell, whenever someone posts a story in a fanfiction forum it's to see whether the readers like it or not. it's not a big effort posting chapters you already have ready. just post it in the main forum if you're ready to go. or if you want to give a preview for it, maybe a prologue or an opening little diddy, then give some info and a preview here in the Lounge. but make sure the fic stays in the forum.

(consequently edited your link out)

i hope you get the readers you're looking for =) good luck.

SuperSonicMewtwo
29th August 2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the input.. i guess there is no harm in posting what I already have done :-)