PDA

View Full Version : Are reposts allowed?

mr_pikachu
29th August 2005, 09:46 AM
As you no doubt know, we lost some of our fanfics during the recent server move. The threads were completely deleted, seemingly at random, from TPM's forum. I, myself, lost two works: a poem as well as my first fanfic, Misty Returns! So, I have a question for the mods. If we have lost fanfics due to the aforementioned event, may we repost them, either with edits or in their original format? I would like to repost Misty Returns!, so I wanted to ask.

Lady Vulpix
29th August 2005, 10:43 AM
I don't set the rules of this forum, but I don't see why not. People have reposted fics and stories before in previous incarnations of TPM. I lost my own fic and posted a link to my old chapters while picking up from where I'd left.

dratinihaunter13
29th August 2005, 03:31 PM
yep, no rules against a repost. especially if it's one that just got wiped =(. go for it mr_pika.

Chris 2.1
29th August 2005, 04:08 PM
Funny thing. All the fics I have backups of stayed on the server. The ones I didnt have backups of went x_x

Lady Vulpix
30th August 2005, 01:11 PM
Urgh. That takes Murphy's Law to a new level.
It reminds me of when my first novel was wiped out of existence, by being deleted from my hard disk and the internet at the same time. :( It's been over 5 years and I still haven't found the strength to retype it.

mr_pikachu
30th August 2005, 02:23 PM
Aw, crud. Well, I can relate to you somewhat... I can't find my copy of MR anywhere! I've searched all through my computer, and there's not a trace of it. I can either search back at my parents' house for the original paper manuscript and type it up all over again, or I can pray that it is on my old computer and scour the house for it (and subsequently search for the file on said computer).

That's frustrating. :P

PancaKe
22nd December 2005, 06:12 PM
augh that sucks mr pika!!
if you cant find it, google it xD you'll be suprised where your fics end up on the net.
seriously, ask around. maybe somebody saved it or something?
i have like, the entire crossover gavin and ozandy did like years ago on a computer somewhere lmao