PDA

View Full Version : The River (Sign Up) - M

Plantae
29th August 2005, 11:42 AM
If you've been waiting to wing it, just for once, in an RPG where everyone is equal... The River is where you belong.

The River

Deep in secluded woodland on the North American Continent lies a sacred and malignant river where our world merges with another. Here, at the stream with one bank, it becomes very clear that the most treacherous of the elements is not fire.

The world beyond the river is a chilled land, like the first days of fall, and seemingly devoid of all "human" life. It is a small world, situated on a great flat continent that flows to the edge and over to the abyss in a stunning waterfall. A giant rock wall, unnaturally smooth, is where you exit from the river. There lies a snow laden knoll with the incorrect temperature for the flakes and with a great evergreen forest beyond, halted only by the sea of gray that leads to the edge of the world. The mists that rise from the sea are not pungent with salt, but with melancholy.

Brought together by what must have been chance, six humans from Modern Earth become the first of their species to ever set foot on the dreary island. You are one of the unlucky ones and for a time you manage to pass the time by telling stories of your past, your dreams, and above all, the ones you left behind. Some of you might desperately try to escape but eventually realize your inability to do so.

The local wildlife is like that of Earth and they come to see you and your motley crew with curiosity. They have never seen a human before. Sometimes you see the eyes of the more predatory or the more watchful late at night, green, blue, and brown eyes wistful in the darkness.

Soon boredom comes as there are no more stories to tell, or none that anyone wishes to reveal. In your dreams that first night you see something different, imagining the creatures watching you, red eyes instead punctuate the gloom. These red eyes are malignant against the black forest. You wake up, shaking in fear, and find a weapon in your lap. A weapon you find, that seems to embody you in some way. As the next day passes, magic becomes apparent in each of your "group."

With the first manifestations of this you feel something different. It was just boredom and homesickness earlier, but you realize that this magic must have some purpose. Thinking of the demon eyes in your nightmare, you realize for the first time that some of you might not survive.

=====

Concept

The addition of magic and weaponry is the first sign towards a more ultimate storyline that I plan to evolve in time. However, the point of this roleplay is to put some pressure on the other players to begin creating some mythology of the world for themselves. The only rules here are that you are the only humans, the world is medieval, but otherwise your character basically has free reign to create what they want. What you create becomes a constant in the ultimate plotline and is free game for other roleplayers to use and abuse. Anything you create can happen here as long as it fits in a medieval setting and is kept relatively reasonable. You could be a woodland creature or tree spirit, demon or strange secluded race. There are plenty of possibilities to be explored. Noted, this roleplay is intended to be mature (as tagged). I'm perfectly fine with violence (not too vivid) and romance (don't go farther than implied sex) and moderate profanity. I will not tolerate god-like characters or manipulative posts.

I will act as the omnipotent element of chance, but otherwise I'll be a regular player like everyone else. The death element is certainly a card that might be drawn, so be prepared if your character is randomly chosen (by a roll of the dice, actually) to die. Dead characters aren't useless, however. Death opens a whole new window of play in ghosts and other supernatural aspects. For all intensive purposes, everyone has the same ability to change the plot. As long as you keep it plausible and refrain from editing the base plot, free reign is your's.

The Form
Name -
Gender -
Appearance - (We don't all look perfect, remember that. Also, what age does your character look? Keep your age between ten and sixty.)
Weapon - (Nothing too far out of the Medieval Era. It must embody your character in some way. It may have a slight magical enchantment.)
Magic - (Reasonable. Detail is discouraged, as it detracts from the surprise.)
Other - (Required field. An interesting quirk or little known fact can go here.)
RP Sample - (This is required. I want an entire recent post of yours, or an excerpt if you can't find one under four paragraphs. The only exception to this rule is myself.)

The reason that I did not include a personality or a history field is that it would take away from the first meeting between these characters and any possible concealment you might have. These two things will be revealed when you post. If you want to play a character that is not human, just change the form to suit your needs. Though there isn't a history or personality criteria, you might want to type up your history and save it somewhere anyway (also your personality, if you need it).

[color=black]My Form
Name
Joseph Faust
Appearance
Joseph is thin enough that you can see his ribs if you look too close, but he hides a fair amount of lean muscle behind his slim frame. His height is modest, a mere sixty-eight inches, and his complexion is a healthy white. Joseph's face doesn't stand out to clearly in a crowd, but his features do have some small amount of boldness to them; his nose is similar to a nobleman's. The expression on his face is usually grim, but when he does smile it comes through as a sharp smirk of slightly yellow teeth. His hair is dirt blonde, messy and to the length of his chin, but with some amount of style that serves to frame his face; his eyebrows are black and bushy, often tilted suspiciously. Joseph's eyes are green-gray and keen, showing little more then intelligence, except a glint of malice deep in his irises. The fingernails on his rough hands are bitten (a bad habit) and a minute white scar mars his right cheek. Dark circles rim his eyes, also. Those that meet him can't discern much about his inner thoughts, but his presence is usually plainly contemplative. A simple black tee and navy blue jeans, and a pair of black Velcro sandals sum up his exterior garments. His looks radiate roughly eighteen.

Weapon
A sleek war fan made of a thin and razor sharp metal; the fan's grip is made of black leather. Returns to the user's hand magically.

Magic
Precognition and danger sense allow heightened perception and celerity. With certain constraints, he can also teleport anywhere in his memory. A strange magic is almost reachable in the threads of his power.
Other
Joseph is mildly obsessive-compulsive and a partial environmentalist.

=====

Reserves for a human character last no more than a day. Send all questions by private message. If your character is rejected, I will inform you privately. I'm forewarning you now that unless I'm informed of your absence (by word of mouth or the Away Topic), I will boot you from this roleplay if you do not post once every five days. If we have a high demand for human characters, I will allow eight.

Cast
Human
1. Lily O'Keefe (Asilynne)
2. Sara Raize (Drusilla)
3. Joseph Faust (Plantae)
4. Tryfan Wen (Weasel Overlord)
5. Dezerae Forsan (Krystalline Kabutops)

Otherwise
1. Hela (Emotional Faun Chiko-sai)
2. Eleiamae (Weasel Overlord)

Drusilla
29th August 2005, 12:27 PM
w00tness! I shouldn't have difficulty posting at least every five days, but if I do, several people who lurk around here have ways to contact me at home, since I don't have internet access at home.

New character, look out!

Name- Sara Raize
Gender- Female
Appearance- Five-foot-eight, fair skin, deep-toned red hair that falls three-quarters of the way down her back, bright green eyes, and a 'generously' curving, voluptuous form. Most of the time, her facial expression is slightly severe but rather sultry as well. Her clothing, a long-sleeved button-up blouse and long skirt with a 3/4 slit up the side, is of billowy black satin. Her shoes are black leather heeled boots that zip up the side and go halfway up to her knee. She appears to be in her early twenties.
Weapon - Stiletto
Magic - Spirit and mind; she excells at making "suggestions" in people's thoughts. It's not quite mind control, but she can persistently cause mental pictures and/or ideas to run through someone's mind.
Other - She tends to be friendly most of the time unless she feels threatened, and she always more likely to feel more threatened by other women.
RP Sample - excerpt from Blood and Magic: The Coven
-Sorcha-

It was one of those nights. You know the kind; the moment that darkness descends a kind of static energy fills the air, something that you can feel but not quite put a finger on what it is. The kind of night that's just waiting for something, and all of existence is just holding it's breath. It's kind of like the feeling you get when you're on a roller coaster and you're just cresting the first huge hill. Everything all but stops, and then, wham! Before you know it, life's swept you off your feet like it tends to do and you don't know what the hell hit you.

I knew it was one of those nights the moment my eyes opened, just as the sun sunk below the horizon. Twilight is my time, my time to rise, to hunt, to kill. I didn't kill out of physical necessity anymore; I was old enough that I didn't suffer the bloodthirst anymore. But to know that, when I was done with the hunt, one less murderer, one less rapist, one less evil was on the streets than the night before. I only killed those who act out of evil, those who only exist to tear lives apart. I only killed those who needed to be dealt with.

The tension in the air, though... it bothered me. It was oppressive, almost smothering, like a fog so thick you can feel it push back against your movements like water. I didn't like the feeling, because I knew what it meant.

War was coming.

He would know. He could tell me what was going on, what I needed to do. When ever this feeling came upon me, He was the one to go to.

I dressed and was thankful that I didn't have to report to my mortal job tonight. It was lonely, knowing that I could go this entire night without ever seeing another physical being, knowing that once this old house was full of life and magick. They were all gone now; some had died, some were Resting, others had just disappeared. If they were needed, they would come back; my sisters always knew when to return. If my senses were right, then it wouldn't be too long before the Sisterhood was reformed with members new and old.

No time for the memories now. It was time to fly, to move above the unknowing mortals of the city, and find Him.

Plantae
29th August 2005, 01:57 PM
I'm jovial to accept your character form, Drusilla. An eloquent sample, also.

Weasel Overlord
29th August 2005, 03:01 PM
YAY! I'm reserving a human character and also a Dryad/Hamadryad/Tree Fiend...I haven't quite decided what it will be yet! lol *prods Jobert* I demand my places be reserved, boy! *stalks haughtily away*

Mystic_clown
29th August 2005, 06:45 PM
Save me a human spot will ya? and maybe a non-human spot too, I'm not really sure.

Arnen
29th August 2005, 07:34 PM
Save me a human spot! I'm working on my form, but I'm really busy today, so it might not be up till tomorrow :sweat2:

Asilynne
30th August 2005, 01:48 AM
Reserving a human animal changer, Im writing my form now but I type slow ^-^()

EDIT: Done finally ^-^()

I love the freedom concept ^,-,^ heres to unrestricted RPGing!

Name -Lily O'Keefe

Gender - Female

Appearance -
http://oekaki.bulbagarden.net/pictures/193.png
Reddish/blonde hair, though it has slightly more red than blonde, so I guess it would be light red hair lol, light green eyes. Her hair is slightly wavy and goes down to mid back. As for clothes she wears light flare jeans that fit snugly, and likes to wear long sleeved shirts that are somewhat loose and comfortable. Has a few items of jewelry, nothing too fancy. Also has a few scars on her hands and knees, from roughhousing when she was younger. 5'8" 125lbs Appears to be in the mid- to late-teens.

Weapon - A crossbow, as for enchantment, is unlimited arrows ok? ^-^()

Magic - The ability to shape change into any animal she can think of (will describe more if needed in PM to you if this is too vague)

Other - Ever hear the saying 'Like water off a ducks back'? Thats her, things never really seem to bother her, insults slide right off, things messing up her plans she just flows with. Optimist to the extreme, but not hyper, just mellow. Oddly doesnt seem to mind her unusual circumstances she finds herself in. Likes to draw and draws on/with anything she can find to try and pass the boredom.

RP Sample - My first post in The Psi

~~~Aeryn McFallon, Electro-Psi~~~
We need the rain to wash away our back luck....

"Lets see colors that have never been seen.....discover places no one else has beennnn......" I sang to myself as I drifted into the bathroom to brush my hair and freshen up. A pot of rice was cooking on the stove, and some steak and potatoes were roasting in the oven. I owed my unusual cooking combinations to my unusual heritage combination, My mother, a Halb Aqua-Psi was Japanese, while my father, a Halb Pyro-Psi was Irish. My dad liked his steak and potatoes while my mom tended to do more traditional oriental cooking. Which I was fine with since I loved to eat both.
I was in high spirits after what had happened today at the lab. Since I would be busy with college next week, the scientists tried to make it so I would have to come in this weekend for testing. But UNFORTUNATELY something happened to some of their equipment when they told me that. They should really learn after all these years to shield their equipment from Electromagnetic pulses ^v~ So my weekend was free to party just like the others.
I paused in my singing when I heard a scratching at the door. "Sushi...what are you doing outside again..." I grumbled half hearted-ly as I walked towards the door. Opening it my little gray and white tabby darted in the door and ran straight for the kitchen. I shook my head. She knew I had sushi, she could smell the fish. She loved sushi almost as much as me, which earned her her name. I sighed but smiled. At least things seemed semi-normal when I was at home. Glancing outside I saw that Alex was out of his house too. "Hey Alex! Ready for the party tonight?" I shouted over at him. He looked up from the mailbox and grinned. "When am I not?" He quipped as he pulled the mail out of his mailbox next door. Shutting the door behind me I decided to check the mail too. I padded barefoot across the lawn, the air around me buzzing with a warm current of electricity. Life was good. Sure there were people that tried to ruin it like the scientists but all around, it wasnt bad. As I got closer to Alex he couldnt help but let out a laugh. "Could you tone that down? It tickles! Dammit you know Im ticklish!" I laughed and tried to restrain my Electro power for the moment as I pulled out the mail. Bills. Bills....credit card application.....student loan information.....in other words, crap I thought to myself, and then I stumbled upon it. A crimson letter with no return address and my name on it. "Hey Alex," I said, holding the letter up for him to see. "You live right next door, did you send these out when you were drunk or something?" Looking confused he shook his head. "No I didnt send them, look I got one too."
"Uh huh..." I said, vaguely amused as I opened it. "That just means you were so drunk you sent yourself an invitation because you didnt want yourself to miss the party." I winked at him and then looked at the piece of paper that was inside.

Im after you.

My heart leapt up as I read those words. My warm tingly feeling I had been giving off turned to a tense static that instantly made Alex yelp. "What is it?" He asked, concerned. Hes been around me enough to recognise my moods in the electricity around me, and he knew that this had to be bad. "Open your letter..." I whispered, almost afraid to move. A ripping sound told me he did, and then his gasp of surprise told me that it was the same thing. "'Im after you'?" He said in a mix of annoyance and fear. "What the hell is this?"......

This post was cut in half because I realised just how long it was ^-^()

Plantae
30th August 2005, 11:08 AM
I'll save a spot for you, Nabooru23, and you, Mystic Clown. As for Asilynne, accepted. The enchantment on your weapon is perfectly fine as long as the arrows are mundane, which I'm sure they are. No need to PM more details on your magic.

I also just accepted Emotional Faun Chiko-sai's non-human character over private message.

Reserves only last so long, and I'm counting from when you posted asking for them rather than from when I approved them. Weasel Overlord has several hours left. Mystic Clown, seven, Nabooru23, eight. Once a reserve finishes, you cannot reserve again.

Arnen
30th August 2005, 12:29 PM
The RP sample I'm using isn't exactly recent, but it definitely embodies my best work. I just used a small excerpt, if you'd like to see the whole post it's on the first page of the RPG, which is on page 3.

~Name: Ari White
~Gender: Female
~Appearance: At around 4'3" and weighing less than 90lbs, she has the appearance of a child of about ten years of age. Her messy, dirty-blonde hair reaches just past her ears, which are a little too large for her roundish face. Her upper forehead is pockmarked with a few small chickenpox scars (those little round indentations you get from scratching chickenpox spots), while her pale cheeks are smattered with freckles. Her teeth, while nice and white, are sheathed in green rubber-banded braces and still slightly crooked. A slightly upturned nose is set off to either side by large, bright green eyes. Slightly pudgy, but not particularly so for her apparent age, she has a soft, innocent look about her. Her wardrobe consists of a green T-shirt with a white star on the chest and baggy cargo pants of brown corduroy. Plain white socks and green high tops adorn her feet.
~Weapon: A pair of chakrams -- sturdy wooden hoops, with metal spikes protruding around the edges, leaving gaps between just small enough for Ari's hand. They have a slight enchantment on them that causes them to fly in a great loop and return to the wielder's hand, like a boomerang. (Ok, so I've been playing Tales of Symphonia lately, sue me XP)
~Magic: Can communicate telepathically with animals, heal non-fatal wounds, and disperse weak toxins from the blood stream. The latter two powers are amplified slightly when used on herself.
~Other: Just like your typical ten-year-old kid, she gets scared easily and cries excessively when she's upset, and is also a little too trusting.
~RP Sample: From Destiny: A Legend of Zelda RPG (Character Seyelin)

He stopped. A sound in a bush behind him had alerted him, and slowly he drew a long, wicked blade from the sheath at his side. The twin curving blades gleamed darkly in the moonlight, about to taste blood for the first time.

A howl split the night air as the wild form of a Wolfos leapt from the surrounding vegetation. It lunged at its intended victim, it's crooked teeth gnashing hungrily. It was ravenous and thin from days without eating, and now it had its evil little mind set on making a meal of the silent figure.

Just as it would have latched its maw on his arm, the figure ducked to the side, landing in a half-crouching position, and, reaching up, laid a single finger on the beast's shrunken chest.

A crackling sound ensued, and a layer of solid ice spread across its body from the point of contact. It howled in agony as the tissues nearest the ice were frozen to death, while its heart remained beating slowly even as ice covered its mouth and nose.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
30th August 2005, 01:24 PM
Name - Hela [no last name]
Gender - Female
Species - Fire spirit, though from the legs downwards she's a zombie.
Appearance - From the thighs upwards, she resembles a human child of about twelve or thirteen. She has pointed ears and a small frame, about five feet tall, with a face that looks as if it's been pinched at the chin and well-defined cheekbones. She is very thin; you can count her vertebrae. Her eyes are overly large and brown in colour, often with a 'lost puppy' expression in them. Her dark red hair is shortish, chopped off at the neck and stands up in random spikes. There are blue tribal tattoos on her upper cheek and around the eye area. She wears a shapeless, colourless shift that is singed at the shoulders and hem and is very dirty, as is herself.
From the thighs downwards, her legs appear to be sewn on roughly with leather thongs as thread (like Sally in the Nightmare before Christmas). These legs look decayed at the joints, although they are clearly those of a young girl's. There are tribal tattoos on them as well, but the designs are cut clean off where the zombie legs join Hela's thighs. Strangely, she has full control of them.
Weapon - A bone dagger. It's too blunt to cut much, but when it really comes to the important things, it is sharp enough.
Magic - Mainly spontaneous and fire-based. She can't do anything strong enough to hold a battle with a mage, but she's got enough ability to light torches, campfires, etc.
Other - Discerning people who read Norse mythology will recognise the zombie legs description from Hel, the Norse goddess of, er, hell. According to the Wikipedia entry, her name means 'hider'. And she does hide, a lot.
RP Sample -
Tsuneo, at the gate, watches the two crows perched on the ornate cast-iron lamppost bicker and fight over a piece of rotten meat. The sheen on their dark feathers reflects in the endless black of his own eyes. The birds' argument quietens suddenly, the larger one dropping the meat, gazes fixed on something behind him. He turns away, and sees his sister approaching.
"Hey, Tsuneo."
"Aneki."
"Did you have to wait long?"
"Not really. I was watching the crows."
"It's just like you to do boring things like that. Where's the okama?"
"Aniki hasn't come yet."
The two crows on the lamppost caw simultaneously. There follows a rousing chorus of similar cawing from the forest all the way to the trees surrounding the school's greenhouse. Out of the corner of his eye Tsuneo notices his sister stiffen, very slightly. The way he perceives her now, from his lower elevation, lets him observe the turn of her fine head, cocked to the side, black-tan-and-auburn profile stark against the sky. The human mirror of the birds on the lamppost.
...Aneki is like a crow.
Then: "We don't need to wait for him, he's probably romancing with Iya-tan."
They walk back home talking as usual, but Tsuneo sees that all the crows are gone, and Kanna seems to him to be functioning on autopilot, mind far away. He won't ask her anything now, if she doesn't want to answer. For now he is content to watch the crows.
(From the Mai-HiME RPG, 'Only a Fairy Tale'. There was a second part to this post, but I cut it off because it was too long)

NB: Filled the weapon field. Thankee-sai!

Weasel Overlord
30th August 2005, 03:02 PM
[COLOR=palegreen]
Hoorah! I'll get my 'other' sign-up done for tomorrow, yah? I presume they're not as limited as the human spaces and therefore don't need to be reserved...?

EDIT: I changed the hair thing, Jobert!

Name – Tryfan Wen
Gender - Male
Appearance – Tryfan has pure white hair, shot through with strands of varying shades of grey to a deeper, forest green hue, an effect only reached by careful dying once a month. This hair, while noted to be strange to most people, is much beloved by Tryfan; although he leaves it untamed to the point that his head rather resembles some sort of wild bush, which drapes over his eyes in a roguish fashion. From under this bush-like structure, a pair of wickedly sharp green eyes peer, surprisingly able to see quite well despite the large obstruction.
His eyebrows, while mostly hidden, resemble his hair in the fact that they are mostly green.
Tryfan stands at nearly six foot tall, his hair gives him an extra few inches! lol He prefers to walk barefooted, even on stony ground, and because of this, he has developed extremely tough feet...calluses and all! This means he can walk through even the thorniest of areas and not bleed, always an advantage in thorny forests!
Underneath his hair, Tryfan has a long, thin scar that runs from his forehead to the tip of his nosie...he has no memory of where this scar came from.
Weapon – A double-ended spear, tied where the blades meet the shaft with deep green ribbons.
http://www.gungfu.com/pics_general/pics_weapons/spears_double_headed.jpg
Magic – Tryfan has a strange ability to commune with natural beings, be they animals or plants. He can sense their feelings and emotions and even respond in their simple but varying languages. This ability allows Tryfan to move through forests and woodlands as if he were part of their very structure. He blends into the background and leaves no footprints wherever he goes. (Do these abilities count as magic??? PM me if not...)
Other- Tryfan’s age is guessable at around 20 but no one is sure exactly how old he is as he never actually mentions the fact.
RP sample- Okay, so it’s not RP material...it’s still some of my best writing...

A new day dawned upon an old, tired world. The sickly light of the sun did nothing to improve the surroundings; instead it seemed to make the very landscape despair. The meagre rays of light showed a barren, vast wasteland. Uninhabited, it seemed at first glance but a more careful look revealed things made secret to the unaware.
Dotted here and there were vague whispers of what might have been life. A sun-bleached bone, a piece of pottery, an iron bowl. All spoke of desertion and lack of life. All but one. A solitary line of footprints going seemingly nowhere and coming from everywhere all at once. One trail of prints, giving hope to its desperate surroundings, was the only clue as to what lay past the dead, hot earth.
It was to this barren land that Torran Ylldier, High Guardian of Telone had fled. And it was here, with only his loyal spirit guide, Sulin Slytewing for company, that he made his life. Away from the harsh civilisation of his birth, and in peaceful solitude they lived.
He was outcast. Banished on pain of death. This was Torran Ylldier's life from now on. Painfully alone outside the city of Telone that had been his whole life since he was born. Well, not quite alone...at least he had Sulin.
The first few days were pure Hell for Torran and his Spirit Guide as they tried to eke out a living from the land on which they had never set foot. The land outside the gates of Telone was barren and desolate with scant life of any sort. A smattering of desert and a thick rainforest was all that lay outside the city and it was a thankless place indeed. Torran looked around in disbelief. So all that the Elders had said was true. The land outside Telone wasn't worth living in after all. Sulin chirped encouragement on his shoulder.
~It could be worse,~ he sang, ~It could be raining.~ Musical laughter followed at what was Sulin's idea of a joke.
"That's not funny."
Torran sighed a great weary sigh and slumped down on a nearby log. He dropped his head into his hands and sank into a stupor of self-pity and despair at all he had lost in the last few days. It had all happened so fast, and all because of one judgmental error on his part. And he had the loss of a wing to remind him of his crime for all his long life. The wound was still painful and raw, the bloody bandages had come apart more than once, and worse, it seemed to want to continue bleeding. It would probably never heal properly, and he would certainly never experience the joy of flying again.
At this thought, Sulin sent waves of comfort through their mind-link. He could imagine only too well what the loss of flight would mean to Torran and his constant presence was a comfort, if only a small one. Indeed, it was the loss of flight that stung Torran the most. He would miss soaring above the clouds and above the frequent bad weather over Telone. Seeing the sun set in all its orange glory, tinting the clouds pink and highlighting the sky with flashes of red and orange. He looked up at the sky, sunset it may be, but it may have well been the middle of the night. The clouds were dark and overcast and their very presence spelt rain.
On cue, a large drop of something wet and cold plopped onto Torran’s drooping head. He looked up at the slowly darkening sky for a second time and promptly received another drop in his eye.
“Argh!” He spluttered, blinking and shaking his head. “Rain. Bah!”

Plantae
30th August 2005, 06:00 PM
Nabooru23, accepted. Weasel Overlord - I ask that you mention the fact that the color of Tryfan's hair is a result of dye (or at least the green part), but otherwise your form seems perfectly fine.

Asilynne, could you edit what age your character appears into your form? It should appear in the description field. I passed over it before, accidentally.

Oh, and no need for reserves on non-human characters, if that wasn't clear. Spots for them are unlimited.

Krystalline Kabutops
30th August 2005, 06:41 PM
Name - Dezerae Forsan
Gender - Female
Appearance -
She looks to be about 16. Wears a black, long-sleeved polo shirt, and black, tight jeans. Her eyes look like a photo negative, with white in place of the pupils and black around that. Her hair is straight, black, and goes to the small of her back. Her navel is exposed, and she does have a decent-sized chest, but her hips are bigger than she thinks they should be. Her ears are pierced, and hold little dangling skulls. She wears shoes like these. (http://www.hottopic.com/store/Product.asp?LS=0&M=146795031&SKU=321236-003-2420-0000)
Weapon - She has an elegant blowpipe, in the shape of an ebony dragon's head. It has an unlimited supply of poisoned darts, and depending on how hard she blows, it'll shoot them through the dragon's nostrils, mouth, or all three.
Magic - Dezerae can control any deceased being, whether it's plant or animal, and can gain ghostly qualities at will. What those qualities include remains to be seen.
Other - Whenever she gets injured, she'll usually drink her own blood from the wound.
RP Sample -

<\V/^ Kailie Psudonath ^\V/>

I sighed as I flipped through the channels. How could there be so many options, and yet there was nothing to watch? This was a serious inquiry, and I still mean to get to the bottom of it. Wherever that may be.

Where was I? Oh, right. Well, I was sitting in my kitchen, drinking a chocolate shake as I watched the television by the window. That's right, I have a television in my kitchen. I had my flip-flop clad feet up on the counter, with my cat sitting in the chair next to me, purring away like a motor. She was one of those pleasantly easy to satisfy felines, that doesn't need to eat gourmet cat food out of a crystal goblet. Stupid cat food commercials.

Earlier in the day, I had flipped through the mail, and uncovered a rather threatening letter. I had tossed it into the recycling, not thinking too much of it. I was going to regret that soon enough.

I was about to get out the telephone book and call the television company, to inquire about this scarcity of decent programming, when I realized something.

The birds had stopped chirping.

Normally, this wasn't anything to get upset over. Boudicca (My cat, you see) normally did this when she went out hunting. But she wasn't hunting right now. She was sitting right next to me, yawning quite wide and stretching a bit.

Slowly swiveling in my chair, I turned so that I could see the living room. In it were three men, all wearing what looked like ninja attire. They had katanas and everything.

Thought I'd include a few extra lines, so that altogether it comes to about four paragraphs.

Plantae
30th August 2005, 07:26 PM
Sufficient. Accepted. That leaves us with at least one more before we begin. Mystic Clown, your reserve is now null and void.

Asilynne
31st August 2005, 03:40 AM
Age done and done ^v~

Plantae
31st August 2005, 06:52 PM
Well, we're still waiting for one more. Also, Weasel Overlord's non-human if she has time to make it. Anyway, this will probably start next Monday (rough estimate) if things go smoothly.

Weasel Overlord
1st September 2005, 04:31 PM
[COLOR=green]Here's my non-human character! I hope she's okay...PM me if she needs changing, yah?

Also, since I did an RP extract for Tryfan, I presumed I didn't need to do another...?

Name – Eleiamae (El-aye-a-may)
Gender – Female
Species – Naiad. Eleiamae is an Eleionomae, or a Naiad (female spirit) of the marshes.
Appearance – Eleiamae is slender and tall, and her hair is long, straggly and a deep but rich muddy brown. Her skin is pale, with a slight green tinge, and her slim hands and fingers have a resemblance to the marshes she belongs to, her fingertips even look like bulrushes in some lights.
Eleiamae’s eyes, unlike her drab appearance elsewhere, are the brightest of yellows, shifting from sunlight yellow to the sharp hue of yellow wine. It is believed that the colour of her eyes changes with her emotions.
Eleiamae wears a simple, robe-like garment made of a shimmery green material that is very revealing. It flatters her slender figure perfectly, clinging where it should cling and revealing where the imagination needs help.
Weapon – Eleiamae needs no weapon other than her looks, but if she ever gets into trouble, her long nails can be claw-like and they are capable of slashing a trespasser into ribbons.
Magic – Eleiamae can control the waters she is bound to, and also the plants and marsh creatures that are nearby. She can twist the waters into a shield or slam it into a foe. By gazing into a clear pool of water, Eleiamae can scry anywhere into her territory.
Other- As Eleiamae is an Eleionomae, she is bound to her marsh and swamp territory. If a stranger trespasses onto her land, depending upon her mood, she can either be merciful or extremely vindictive. However, if she chooses to be merciful, it can be at the peril of the wanderer, especially if they are male. Naiads are renowned for their seduction of men, and even of gods.

Plantae
1st September 2005, 07:50 PM
Nope. No need to do another. Wonderful form. I love the connection to the marshes. Accepted.

Weasel Overlord
2nd September 2005, 05:27 AM
Aw, thanks dude...I had fun writing her...lol

Plantae
5th September 2005, 06:29 PM
Well, we've reached Monday and one human is still missing. Tsukasa may be joining, and Vulpix.ck87 will certainly join when she comes back. Even if neither of them was signing up, there isn't much difference between six roleplayers and seven anyway. So, to summarize, this will start tommorrow. If it doesn't, you damn well better hold it against me.