PDA

View Full Version : Colors?

Drusilla
31st August 2005, 12:52 PM
I would go bug Danny, Chris, Suzie, or some other smart person if they were on AIM right now, but seeing as they aren't (or are away *coughdannycough*)...

Will this board support hexadecimal colors? I'd try it out, but I'm too lazy to look up the code for anything interesting only to find that it doesn't work. I mean, to be blunt, the drop down list of auto colors just plain sucks...

If it doesn't work, oh well, I guess. It would be nice to use fancy, pretty colors once in awhile, though.

Number1ChanseyFan
31st August 2005, 01:02 PM
Yes, this board does support the hexadecimal colors. I had to use a lot of them for my fading siggy. ^_^

Just make sure to put the pound sign (#) in front of the code, you probably already know it, but some people do forget it. This board doesn't recognize every single color by it's actual name though, (mostly the unusual colors, like manganeseblue, broadwaypink, etc...) so you may have to use the hex codes exclusively for certain colors.

Chris
31st August 2005, 01:16 PM
SMF supports all hex-encoded colours, along with the sixteen named colours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_colors#HTML_color_names) detailed in the HTML 4.01 specification. Other bullshit non-existant colours, such as greenwithalittlebitofblueandmaybeorangetoo, are not supported.

Drusilla
31st August 2005, 01:25 PM
rofl Chris

OK, thanks guys! :biggrin: