PDA

View Full Version : Game? - Expedia Contest 2 - Another call for workers (Amy Approved)

Lady Vulpix
1st September 2005, 07:01 PM
This contest has been held before, but sadly, one of the three winners hasn't been seen on TPM over the last month, one resigned as soon as she was chosen, and the other disappeared from TPM over a year ago. Is it the Expedia Curse? I don't know. In any case, while this is indeed a game of sorts, it's not just about winning the contest. The contest is just a trial, and the real work comes later. I'm afraid I may discourage any possible players by saying this, but it must be said or else this contest will end up just like the previous one: fun while it lasted, but unable to fulfill its purpose. So please only apply for a position if you're willing to commit to it. By commit I mean many things:

- Be willing and able to stay active on TPM.
- Be willing to discuss plans over some instant messenger, and use it regularly (or else be ready to use it upon receiving a PM requesting you to do so).
- Be willing to write updates, keeping continuity and informing the other worker(s) of your plans for the players.
- Post updates at least once a month, preferrably twice or more.
- Ask other workers if you're in doubt about something concerning the game.
- INFORM THE OTHER WORKERS IN ADVANCE if you're going to be unavailable for some time. Everyone's busy at some times, but if you let others know when that happens, you won't leave frustrated players and workers waiting in vain and wondering what's up with you, and you will be trusted.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/Themes/PokeMasters/images/post/exclamation.gif Being a worker at Expedia can be fun and exciting, but it's also a demanding job that requires responsibility and commitment. You may run out of ideas every now and then, in which case another worker can help you. So it's more about responsibility than creativity, though the latter is also essential and people who don't like writing should not apply.

With this said, I realize that some people may want to play the game just to get a taste of it but not want to be a long term worker. If that is your case, you may join this game, but please make your choice clear so that I don't count you when I choose the new worker(s). Players who are currently on Pixie Island may apply but will not have access to the Yahoo Group until the current saga is over because that would spoil the fun for them.

To join the game, just post your choice of location (Innocence Island, Dragonair Island, Art Island or Island of Mist), your chosen means of transport (any of the game's standard options), the pokemon you're taking with you (one or two adopted or captured pokemon) and whether or not you're applying to become a worker. I will post the instructions for the first round after a few players have applied.

Pikachu101
1st September 2005, 07:04 PM
Uh, I'm the one who disappeared. Sorry about that. But I'm back from the dead, and ready to start over.

Art Isle by Fire and Ice, and I come in with my Spinarak and Stantler.

Spinarak (F) - Level 10 "Web"
Moves: Scary Face, Poison Sting, String Shot, Sludge Bomb

Stantler LV10 (f) - Unnamed as of now.
Moves: Shadow Ball, Tackle, Leer, Earthquake

classy_cat18
1st September 2005, 07:35 PM
Um, I would like to try to work here. Gives me something to do when the RPGs I'm in become inactive.

aragornbird
2nd September 2005, 05:17 PM
Well, this seems like the perfect place to post this. Thanks to Kyle for reminding me that I'm still a member of these forums. ^_^

When I joined TPM, I really liked all the fun AC/CC threads, mostly because it gave me something to do when I was at home alone. Without any siblings and with my parents working full-time, I got bored easily so I was active at TPM everyday. So I was really glad when I eventually recieved jobs at a bunch of different threads.

But a couple years later, things have changed. Near the last month of summer this year, I realized I didn't have much time until I went away for college. There was just so much stuff I haven't done (in real life, not internet life). There were incomplete drawings I wanted to finish (art is my major, after all), books I bought but haven't read (in college, I'll be reading textbooks instead of novels), and friends to hang out with before they leave and we won't see each other for a year. Hence my gradual inactivity on TPM and some other sites I visit.

Well, come August 25th and I just moved into my dorm. Things are different now. Of course, I have classes and a lot of homework/assignments/readings from those classes. But when classes are finished, I'm not going back to my dorm and turning on the computer. I've already made a lot of new friends and I plan on spending time with those friends. Of course, I'll still go online to check things out. But I don't plan on doing anything extensive, just browsing around.

I've decided not to continue with my jobs at what I have to do here (Expedia, Hangman, Riddle, BRS, and ASB come to mind). People can manage fine without me. It's just the internet after all. And typing up those reffings/stories/updates aren't something I want to spend time on anymore. I hope you all understand. Believe me, I still like you as my online friends. But I don't want to spend TOO much time on the internet. It's something that I've been guilty of doing early in the summer (9 hrs on the computer per day is not very good).

Well, I'm not saying goodbye to TPM. I'll still visit on Fridays and weekends and holidays mostly. But I didn't want my disappearance to be a mystery to anybody. Sorry for making anybody wonder why I'm inactive recently. I guess I'll see you around.

And good luck to all potential Expedia employees! :smilie:

Lady Vulpix
2nd September 2005, 08:07 PM
That's alright, and I'm glad you're doing well in your life, but it would have been good if you had let me know this earlier. Anyway, what's done is done. I guess I'll see you around someday. Good luck with everything you set yourself to do.

BTW, if you could make one last post at the Yahoo Group with the plans for the players you were updating for, and tell Shonta and Pikachu101 the plans you had for me (if no one else signs up within the next 6 days there will be no use for a contest), it would be great.

Lady Vulpix
9th September 2005, 01:06 PM
I guess the warning did discourage most potential players. I hope this means that those who did apply are willing to take the job seriously. We can't play the game with only 2 players, so I'm going to have to trust you two. Though I've read some things you both wrote, so I can tell that at least lack of creativity won't be a problem. :)

Welcome to the Expedia staff, Shonta and Pikachu101!