PDA

View Full Version : Internal error or misconfiguration...

mr_pikachu
5th September 2005, 03:59 PM
I haven't had many problems with the new server up to this point, other than the extremely frustrating vanishing text problem (which I mentioned in an earlier thread, and am still hoping to receive an solution for). However, recently the forum seems to be experiencing another problem. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but every so often when I click a link to a subforum, thread, profile, etc., I get a message that the server is experiencing some sort of "internal error or misconfiguration". (I believe that's what it said, although the word "error" may have been "glitch".) I disregarded it the first several times as a mere fluke, but the problem seems to gradually be increasing in frequency. It began about a week ago and has been rearing its ugly head more and more often over time. I'm not the most sophisticated user in the world when it comes to technology, but the repetition of the same problem seems to suggest some sort of imbalance or flaw in the programming.

Has anyone else seen this message? It's displayed as plain text over a white background, rather than the forum's template. If I'm the only one who has seen this, then perhaps the problem lies with the network which I access TPM from. But if that was the case, I would have thought the problems would have started when I first joined the network, which was several weeks ago. It seems odd that it would have only just begun.

Maybe there's a flaw with TPM's new server. Maybe the problem is on my end. I'd like to figure out where the inadequacy lies.

Chris
5th September 2005, 05:38 PM
Sounds like there's an occasional server problem, which is nothing to do with us. I'll file a report at Dreamhost and see what's up.