PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] RMT Please

DaRk MeWtWo
4th March 2003, 12:06 PM
Hi. Just thought I'd stop by and take a look; tried to make an RBY UU team, well at least 1/2 of its UU lol

Gengar:
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Explosion
Hypnosis

Meh. I put in Hypnosis to make it a bit more UU...not that good with Gengar in RBY...

Dragonite:
Thunder Wave
Double-Edge
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt/Rest

Bah standard.

Gyarados:
Double-Edge
Surf
Reflect
Ice Beam

With Reflect on he fears nothing but Electrics

Rhydon:
Earthquake
Surf
Rock Slide
Reflect

Kind of experimentary: thinking Surf will deal more damage...

Jolteon:
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Double Team

Sub to stop paralysis obviously...DT because it stands a chance perhaps...

Arcanine:
Flamethrower
Double-Edge
Reflect
Body Slam/???

Dunno at all what to put in the last slot...

Well, I tried UU, but I think that most of it is OU...eh

To anyone who bothers rating this team, thanks :)

The Muffin Man
4th March 2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by DaRk MeWtWo
Hi. Just thought I'd stop by and take a look; tried to make an RBY UU team, well at least 1/2 of its UU lol

Gengar:
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Explosion
Hypnosis

Meh. I put in Hypnosis to make it a bit more UU...not that good with Gengar in RBY...
~Gengars a bit feeble as a Starter, as he cannot PAR. Alright, I guess. Hypnosis is REALLY bad...Give it Ice Punch if not against tradebacks. If you are, give it Mega Drain or Seismic Toss. Preferably the latter.

Dragonite:
Thunder Wave
Double-Edge
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt/Rest

Bah standard.
~Good I guess.

Gyarados:
Double-Edge
Surf
Reflect
Ice Beam

With Reflect on he fears nothing but Electrics
~Hn. Good enough.

Rhydon:
Earthquake
Surf
Rock Slide
Reflect

Kind of experimentary: thinking Surf will deal more damage...
~Surf and Reflect are crap on Rhydon. Substitute and Body Slam. he CANNOT rest.

Jolteon:
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Double Team

Sub to stop paralysis obviously...DT because it stands a chance perhaps...
~Start with it(as it's your best bet) and give it Sand-attack to force a switch to PAR more.

Arcanine:
Flamethrower
Double-Edge
Reflect
Body Slam/???
~BS is fine. Maybe Mimic over D-E...

Dunno at all what to put in the last slot...

Well, I tried UU, but I think that most of it is OU...eh

To anyone who bothers rating this team, thanks :)

It's not horrible. Not amazing. A few slight problems, but alright I guess. 7.5/10

Feelingsad
4th March 2003, 07:22 PM
Gengar: Hypnosis Gengar lead is actually really good, it ends up having a 66% chance of sleeping a Jynx if you both just fire off sleep moves.. I wouldn't bother to give him Psychic though, it is resisted by too many pokemon, megadrain will give him better protection against grounds, and you probably should just thunderbolt everything else..

Dragonite: Don't bother with rest, otherwise a good set..

Gyarados: Most people will fight Gyarados with special attackers, so reflect is somewhat redundant. Thunderbolt will give it a chance against thunderbolting water types.. Bodyslam over double-edge would help in this regard for paralysis as they switch in, but what you have has it's merits also.

Rhydon: Once again, special attacks is what Rhydon has to fear most, if it's for PBS then you shouldn't use sub, but there is very little else you could use anyway..

Jolteon: This has trouble with evasion because it cannot possibly ever harm any ground type, so after you go to all the trouble of evading your opponent can switch in there ground, and you would have no choice to switch out, as they will hit you eventually, whereas you will not. Of course if you could eliminate there ground type first, you could be on to something, but then you will still be unable to beat any Chansey or most evaders without some way of doing extra damage, like focus energy -which doesn't work except on stadium..

Arcanine: So there is an actual underused pokemon on this team after all? Reflect is pointless without recovery, but so is most of everything else. Hyperbeam and dig over D-E and reflect.

Yeah, well, that is one of the nastiest looking uu teams that I have ever seen.. But n/m about that..

You have a quadruple ground weakness and your only other pokemon are both weak to rock.. unless you are panning some kind of ground/rock-type removal strategy that involves sacrificing a whole number of pokemon too it, I would recommend changing some things.. You could probably use some more paralysis support, using bodyslam a lot more would help you out there, but since you probably should change some pokemon around anyway, look for some thunderwavers/stun sporers..

Otherwise it looks alright, Good luck with it.

Have a nice day.

Jay
5th March 2003, 12:19 AM
Doesn't seem like a UU-team to me

Gengar >> I don't like Hypnosis on him. Bad starter too. I'd suggest Mega Drain over Hypnosis. While you're at it, Confuse Ray over Psychic

Dragonite >> I like Blizzard over Ice Beam but it doesn't really matter. Rest is b.a.d.

Gyarados >> Again, Blizzard over Ice Beam if you prefer. Would consider Thunderbolt over Reflect too

Rhydon >> He has terrrrrible special attack. Surf would not work well. Choose Substitute over it. Reflect isn't that great either as his defense is fine as it is. Rest over it

Jolteon >> Maybe you could start with him. Sand attack over DT. DT is cheap

Arcanine >> Fine, except use Hyper Beam over DE

Green_Pikachu
7th April 2006, 11:33 AM
don't listen to these people. well, feelingsad already mentioned it. hypnosis gengar is a good lead. but use hypnosis/seismic toss/thunderbolt/explosion. or mega drain over thunderbolt.

dragonite is ok, but blizzard over ice beam is the better choice.

gyarados? meh.

rhydon = nooo. sub/body slam over surf/reflect as already mentioned. why reflect? that makes no sense.

jolteon is ok. but sand atatck is a good option.

arcanine is cool. hyper beam is sweet though.

Poryhedron
7th April 2006, 12:51 PM
Why for you necromance a thread whose originator was last active in July '05?

Green_Pikachu
7th April 2006, 01:09 PM
im trying to keep the board i love alive. is there a crime in that? =[