PDA

View Full Version : What Really Happens in the 3rd Movie?

Light_Togetic
4th March 2003, 01:56 PM
Okay, this might make me sound like a total idiot, but I'm willing to take the chance.;) Are there scenes that are missing from the dub version of the third movie? A couple months ago I got bored and looked at a review of Pokemon 3 on the internet, and a guy said that in the Japanese version, Pikachu ends up dying and is reborn as a Pichu. I mean, this guy probably doesn't even know the difference between a Bulbasaur and a Charizard, but I've never seen the Japanese version, so I had to ask.

And are there scenes that have been edited out of the dub versions of the first movie too?

Serebii of SPP
4th March 2003, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty sure there were no scenes cut from the 3rd movie

If there was they were inconcequencial

It is exactly the same in the US as in Japan otherwise

Besides, if it was Re-born as a Pichu, Ash would have had a Pichu around episode 157 onwards

Hanada Tattsu
4th March 2003, 05:56 PM
Serebii's right.

Pikachu was never re-born as a Pichu. Who would have thought that up... :rolleyes:

The third movie was pretty much intact, but the first movie had practically all the dialouge re-written, such as the constant removal of the word "God". Stupid dubbers... :rolleyes:

The Rusted One
8th March 2003, 12:49 AM
I do remember several screenshots of pokémon running from the Crystals in Pokémon 3; they aren't or weren't necessary for the movie, but I did notice they weren't there. Odd.

Chris 2.1
8th March 2003, 08:03 AM
i heard that in the credits of the japanese movie, it tells us about Molly's parents or something. In the dub, they moved that scene into the actual movie,a s they felt children might want to know the end of it.

Hanada Tattsu
8th March 2003, 09:00 AM
Light Togetic, if you want to know the whole comparison of the third movie, I know a site that has it.

I can't post it here, because it'll be advertising, but if you PM me I can give it to you.

Anyway, the Pokemon running from the crystals was there, wasn't it? I remember seeing that scene in the dub, cause it reminded me when I first saw the Japanese trailer.

Murgatroyd
8th March 2003, 03:18 PM
It's been a while since I last watched it, so I'm not sure whether a scene of pokémon running away from the expanding crystal was present, but I do remember that the exact scene from the trailer was not.

L_T, that guy whose summary you read was lying.

AKA Pokemon Fan
8th March 2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
i heard that in the credits of the japanese movie, it tells us about Molly's parents or something. In the dub, they moved that scene into the actual movie,a s they felt children might want to know the end of it.
AFAIK nothing was changed from the credits. I did read that they altered some dialogue though to make it clearer for English audiences that Molly's mother went missing while researching the Unown. English lacks a lot of the subtleties of that the Japanese language has so they had to make certain things more blatant.

Hanada Tattsu
8th March 2003, 06:30 PM
Yeah, they also did the same thing in the fourth movie by adding some extra dialouge and scenes to clear up that

*Spoiler Alert* Sam was really Professor Oak. *Spoiler Alert*

They always are nice to us dumb Americans. :)