PDA

View Full Version : Advent Children: The Wait is Over... in Japan.

EVme15
15th September 2005, 07:37 PM
First off, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who was looking forward to the release of Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children. I was extremely happy, in fact, that it would be released simultaneously in Japan and America, so I wouldn't have to bug my friends with Bittorrent to get the movie for me. But, of course, the American jerks have to decide, apparently the day of its release, to hold of the American debut of Advent Children until the holiday season... November, to be more accurate.

From what I've heard, the music is every bit as wonderful as what you'd expect from a Final Fantasy. The visuals are stunning, even the trailers can attest to that. But I'm trying to give a dry review; I haven't even seen it yet.

Advent Children also includes an anime, FF7: Last Order. This will not be included in the American release, when it finally hits shelves.

So this is definetely one to consider bittorrenting. I'm still buying the movie when it finally comes over, because those visuals can probably only be done true justice straight from a DVD. However, I can't stand to wait around for two months when I woke up one morning and instantly thought "By the end of today, I'll have that movie."

Who's seen it already, and what's your opinions on it?
(BTW, spolier colors are #232323 and #333333, the darker and lighter backgrounds respectively.)

Agent Elrond
15th September 2005, 08:43 PM
I haven't seen the movie, nor played any of the games, but we'll probably be getting it to watch. Those visuals looked downright inspiring, and of course, ahem, want to see what those funky Sephy clones are all about.

:D

Arnen
15th September 2005, 08:45 PM
Of course, you get an anime.. With the Japanese release -__- How come we Americans never get anything good? ><

Mystic_clown
16th September 2005, 02:11 AM
Of course, you get an anime.. With the Japanese release -__- How come we Americans never get anything good? ><

Quit complaining. We Australians get it worse. We get it LAST!!

Hmm, didn't know there was an anime. Anyone got any idea what it's about?

Dark Scizor
16th September 2005, 03:16 AM
The anime part of it seems to do with the whole Nibelheim affair (Sephi going mad etc.).

Quote from me in the what have you watched this week topic:

This isn't exactly an anime.

But I just watched FFVII:AC.

It was awesome. I loved it as much as I love the game.

Can't be arsed to write a proper paragraph about it yet.

Little_Pikachu
19th September 2005, 04:31 PM
I saw it a few days ago, I was a bit drunk while watching it, but the general gist is a few bad men ("those funky Sephy clones" :P) are using the planets life force for their shenanigans which involve getting children to act scary and reviving Jenova and Sephiroth (I know in Japanese non-relatives are called 'brother', but they reffer to Sephy as thier brother and Jenova mother, so Japanese formallities aside I think they're related, I might have missed something though). Only one man has a big enough sword to stop them!

FF7 is probably my favourite game ever, so I was looking forward to this, but as always we have to keep in mind FF: Spirits Within, which looked pretty, but sucked.

I have to say even if had no plot I would've forgiven it for the graphics, they were just awsome. As far as the plot goes, it does have a story, although it's a little sketchy I liked it. I think it helps to have a knowledge of the game before you watch though, at least just so you actually know who half the characters are as I don't recall them being introduced or explained. The music seems to have been taken straight from the game sound track which was just perfect, thoughI was saddened not to hear the legendary 'Still More Fighting' track.

If you are an FF7 fan though you'll enjoy this movie, it may provide a little closure :) Maybe I should watch it again while sober and pay more attention this time.

Dark Scizor
19th September 2005, 05:33 PM
I think it helps to have a knowledge of the game before you watch though, at least just so you actually know who half the characters are as I don't recall them being introduced or explained. The music seems to have been taken straight from the game sound track which was just perfect, thoughI was saddened not to hear the legendary 'Still More Fighting' track.

If you are an FF7 fan though you'll enjoy this movie, it may provide a little closure :) Maybe I should watch it again while sober and pay more attention this time.

Agreed. That's what I've been saying to my friends. If you've played and completed the game (preferably so you understand more), then you'll enjoy it more. I'd still enjoy it if I hadn't though.

jesschow12
20th September 2005, 08:16 AM
btw wat program is needed to watch FF7?

Dark Scizor
20th September 2005, 05:37 PM
BS player, VLC player, any media player and the right codecs.

EVme15
20th September 2005, 07:10 PM
To play Advent Children is one thing. All you need is whatever it's compressed with (my guess is DivX). To play the subtitles is quite another.

In my experience (of running around the internet today trying to get the subtitles to work on my laptop in time for club fair in two days), the standard BS player won't by default allow you to play the subs. However, VLC player does, so that's the one to download for that.

MechAlphaChamel
21st September 2005, 02:05 AM
*CHOP*

Nuff said. If any yall that don have the movie, PM me an Ill hook ya up with all the right gear. d ~_o

AH! I didn save the post! >_>

my hour worth of work... gone. ;. ;

Yea, like the admin said. PM it I guess. <_<U

[b][size=3]Edit: There is something call 'Modify'. ^.~

Riachu64
21st September 2005, 11:22 PM
The absolute BEST part of this movie, besides the graphics, was the cell phone ring of the guy who fought Tifa.

Victory~!

Little_Pikachu
22nd September 2005, 07:30 PM
The absolute BEST part of this movie, besides the graphics, was the cell phone ring of the guy who fought Tifa.

Victory~!

Lol, yeah, I'm gonna make that my recieved text message tone :)

MechAlphaChamel
23rd September 2005, 08:08 AM
yes, I know of the "Modify", mostly cause I used er three times on that post alone.

Past the garble, the final fight did my thoughts of SE rightous. Now, a Chrono Trigger movie.
<Yes Please>

Oh, n the phone scene, whats the music that they play for that fight scene? :3
That jus makes that part all the bit more hullarious. :biggrin:

*edit: forgot my limegreen. :p*

Dark-San
23rd September 2005, 05:12 PM
[b][size=3] Watched Advent Children for the second time. This time with English Sub! ^.^

I must admit the sound effects of the movie is top-class. The right music for the appropriate mood.

Another thing which I find it funny was the 2 dudes which was working for the company. Knowing that they are no match against the clones, they still attack them. ~_~"

MechAlphaChamel
24th September 2005, 01:06 PM
yea, Reno n Rude made a great comic duo. Loved the part where they had the explosives n their theme music was playing.
Greatest part is at the end with Cloud n company in the church an the two stop in to visit.

brings a tear to my eye everytime.

GOD IM SO BUYING THIS DVD WHEN IT COMES OUT! :biggrin:

Moltrecuno
26th September 2005, 11:28 PM
I saw the movie a couple of times now. The graphics are AWESOME!! I wish I can make those graphics ;_; Even though I never played FF7, I still enjoyed the movie. I just love the fight scenes and how they used the music from the original FF7 to set the mood.

Must get DVD when it comes out... *claws at thin air* >.>

Hyperness is a Good Thing
29th September 2005, 05:22 AM
Rude and Reno are funny..
but not too happy with the fact that they were more or less relegated to the role of comic relief...
Was happy with all the characters that appeared... IMHO Bahamut Zero fight and last fight scene definitely the coolest in the show.

Roarkiller
10th October 2005, 09:37 AM
Watched it.

Btw, just so you guys know, the DVD, albeit bootleg, has been out in thailand for a long time now, even before this topic came up. I thought it was the series, then later (MUCH later) found out there wasn't even a series to begin with, they were all trailers that I saw floating on the net.

Meh.

Anyway, the movie was okay I guess. Storyline kinda sucked, I felt like I was watching Matrix Revolutions, what with all the actions and so little dialogue. Plot was good though, but I really wished they would've improved on the storyline.

vegetrunks
12th October 2005, 02:53 PM
I've seen it, thought it was alright but there wasn't much to it other than flashy action scenes, but then again I didn't expect any more than that.

Weasel Overlord
13th October 2005, 11:40 AM
I saw it the other night...unfortunately a downloaded version, as we English seem to get the short straw when it comes to releases of good stuff...i.e: Any anime, and the newer FF games...can anyone see FFXII coming out in time for Christmas? No, me neither.

Back to the film though...it was FECKIN ACE!!! Oh my god! I squealed so loudly when a certain part came on (wink wink you know when I mean!!) I LOVED it! ANd the soundtrack is ace too...that version of One-Winged Angel hasn't left my mp3 player!

All I'm hoping now is that it's released at a cinema...there's one in Leeds that does show some anime films, so I'm really hoping! *swoons* AC on the big screen...