PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Eternity (Starts! LSU's welcome)

Thargor
4th March 2003, 04:24 PM
During the course of human history, the foremost of all happenings have mainly occurred with the governments and religions that we associate with. Within this clan of people, we are part of something bigger, and longer living than ourselves, and in a way are in control of things around us. When governments fall, others quickly rise in their place. When a religion falls, another becomes stronger. When the warriors of a previous struggle for freedom are rubbed out with time, victors from another era take their place in the annals of history. Through these events, we as individuals assume that these institutions that we have in place is what controls everything.

But what if we were only seeing the surface appearance of our true world, and were not in any control?

Twenty-thousand years ago, humanity existed in a state of slavery. Ordered by higher beings and creatures referred to as "the Gods" by their mortal slaves, these things took every opportunity to flaunt their power over a world they were very much in control of. These Gods numbered in the hundreds, pockets of humanity forced to worship them in different ways, while the God shaped their own society. The Egyptians, the Greeks, and the Romans were several of the descendants of these groups that once worshiped these many Gods. To this day they still might rule, all for one miscalculation on the part of the infallible overlords. They forgot that while they were part of the nature of Earth, the humans themselves were also a part of their planet. And unlike the Gods that they served daily, their power did not lay in one element of Earth.

After millenia of control, a war that ripped apart both Gods and Mortals began when a single priest of one of the most prominent Father Gods Zeus discovered a special gift reserved for humanity. He discovered Magic, then harnessed it. All over the world, pockets of people discovered different ways to harness this wild, nearly uncontrolable force. Some developed lines of words that burned into the very air around them, and twisted reality. Others brought to life things that could never have been, and granted them great powers while ruling over them. No matter how it was used, it was always against the Gods themselves. Over time, the Gods found themselves backed against a wall, their numbers cut down into the dozens, the immortals proven fallible to their slaves' power.

The greatest of all magic users during this time rose together, and with their power bound the last of the Gods, imprisoning their terrible power and might within idols. And with this act, the war was over, and the world continued on... At least to the eyes of those without magic.

Unknown to the normal humans, the magic users bound together, and formed a Council. The Council was made of the most prominent clans of magic users, and the strongest were given the idols to guide all humanity in secret. Over the years, the Council became more of a sparring ground, as the world forgot completely about their existence. Every fifty years, contests would be held around the entire world, as gifted magic users went into deadly competitions against each other. Those who won had a chance to compete in the final tournament, and gained the power of those who fell against them. Those who lost, only had the grave to look forward to. The winner of it all held true power, and became the guardian of the Idols, and humanity itself...

The year is 2006 AD, and the final tournament is only a year away. Magic users, trained in secret and kept out of sight from the rest of the world prepare to move out, and challenge others to qualify for the main event. But something happens before this... Unknown to all but the most senior and powerful magic users, two of the idols are stolen from the Guardian. The mysterious thief wielded massive power, not seen since the time when the Gods themselves ruled. Rumors have spread throughout the masters of all the clans that this thief is a new God, and the two idols will soon be broken to release the God Set, and Zeus.

Unknowingly, the new participants of this tournament walk into danger that non have experianced for thousands of years... Dangers that could tear the world apart before their journey is over...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary:

Basically, you play the part of a magic user who is travelling around the world to qualify for a tournament so you can obtain several idols that contain the essence of individual gods. Unknown to you, two of the idols have been stolen by a suspected "new" God, and the God Set and Zeus are about to be set free. In this you will choose a specific type of magic user (druid, witch, ruin master, summoner, etc.) and use your abilities against others. The winner of each match will obtain their rival's abilities, in the form of a bracelet granted to them. Though things won't be nearly as cut and dry the closer the tournament comes up...

Sign-up Form:

Name:

Age: (Nothing obscenely old... This is a tournament for the younger users!)

Sex:

Type: (witch, summoner, ruin master, etc)

Appearance:

Personality:

Weapon(s):

History:

Reasons for participating:

Signiture Move/Spell:

Other:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Richard Barrington

Sex: Male

Type: Rune Master

Appearance: Picture (http://thesyndicate.freewebspace.com/images/barrington.jpg)

Personality: Stoic and serious, he is a master of what he does, and strives to keep in complete control of himself at all times. He will accomplish any goal he sets, or literally die trying. He is extremely intelligent, and picks up on things quickly. He knows strategy, and likes to research an opponent before he faces them.

Weapon(s): A broadsword handed down in his line that dates back to the time of the Gods. It is covered in normally invisible runes that are only visible during battle.

History: The eldest son of one of the most famous and powerful magical families in the world. He is currently the most powerful Rune user in his family, and controls the greatest portion of his family's property than any other of his 9 siblings. His family is most known for having 6 generations hold the title of Protector by winning the games. Only in the past generation did his great grandfather lose, and with that his life.
Ever since young age, he has been in constant training and study imposed by his parents. He has been groomed to be the head of his family, and in doing so they have made him into a weapon to achieve their goal of reclaiming their title. He has partcipated in many contests during his youth, and has achieved a sort of world-wide status as a celebrity in the circle of magic users. His skill with stone runes that he carries on his belt and armor is famous, as is the armor and the sword that he carries... Nobody doubts that he will make a name for himself...

Reasons for participating: To reclaim his family's honor, and to prove that he is one of the best.

Signiture Move/Spell:
Destiny's Circle: For this strong spell, Richard sends his sword down into the ground after slitting both of his wrists with it. As the blood flows down from his arms, the sword glows bright red, and the spirits of the dead enter it, while the spirit of one of his ancestors enters his body. In this state, his sword is unbreakable, and his power increases ten-fold. His appearance changes significantly, but none outside of the family have been able to see it and live to see another day. It is known, though, that after the spell is completed, he needs medical care soon or else he would die.

Other: His family is in charge of a large corporation called Shield Technology, which they use to help influence non-magic users. Currently, he is in charge of the defence division of the company, and has access to a lot of the company's resources.

----------------
Richard Barrington
----------------

My eyes narrowed as the footsteps resounded around me. With a wave of my hands, they halted, as I moved forward to get off the jet. The bodyguards hesitated at this, but obeyed my silent order. By that time though, I didn't give them anymore thought. All that was on my mind, was the tournament...

Looking on my wrist, I brought up the information on my target on a modified wrist watch. A picture of an old, yet still beautiful woman came up on it, along with a name, and her stats... Targets had to be checked, double checked, and triple checked before any battle. That way, there was almost no chance in the opposition bringing any surprises... Which usually turned deadly in these sorts of events.

The trip to America had been uneventful, and the jet that had been purchased from Concord had performed admirably, bringing down the time for the trip. Though of course my family had put certain improvements on it in that regard, but you had to admire the technology of the magic-less. The customs were no problem, even though the sword on my back made many people double take several times. The ancient scabbard clashed against my modern suit, sunglasses, and leather shoes. Though, the Barringtons had always been known to be eccentric, at least to the public eye. It was an advantage in most cases.

Once out of the airport, I shed the disguise of being normal, and touched one of the rock runes in my pocket. Without a sound, my body was cloaked in darkness, and hidden from other eyes. Looking at my wrist once more for confirmation, I began to run... It was time for a witch hunt...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically everyone should make a post concerning finding a first opponent, or in some cases sensing that something isn't quite right around them... After the first few posts and battles, I can guarantee things will get interesting...

Bulbasaur4
4th March 2003, 06:29 PM
Name: Elenorii Devestina

Sex: Female

Type: Binder

Appearance: Cut and PASTE the following link in your url to get it!!

http://www21.brinkster.com/wishangel/indiv12.jpg

Personality: She's very kind and rather graceful in both her manner of moving and speaking. She's graceious and rather curtious, which usually tends to put people to ease and make them think she is not a threat in the world of magic. However, she tends to have a split-personality. This comes with the traits of Binders... for usually more then one personality harbors inside of the user, which offers her different methods of magick- all based upon the same origin. In her 'normal' and 'true' state however she is kind... but with a flicker or some strange action of another, it can immensely change. You'll have to wait to see...

Weapon(s): She usually has no weapons, and just uses her own body and the powers which are harness from inside. She does however have one form where she calls upon a staff, with a thick black-wooden handle and a metallic, white-silver top in the shape of a single tooth. Imbedded in this tooth-like metal, is a cresent shaped jewel which is light blue, but it ever swirls with a frosty violet like a churning whirl pool inside.

Country: She's rumored to come from the depths of some unseen Island between the lower half of the Atlantic. Between South America and the lowre half of Africa.

History: Binders do not know their origin for they do not pass down their magical skills from one ancestor to the next. A binder happens about once every decade if lucky, and usually ten times longer- it depends upon the time. Elenorii did not know of her skills, until one day as she traveled to the North American coast with in a boat, she encountered a strange man who tried to con her into going with him. Some thing triggered... and a huge blast formed, as her personality changed and she transformed into a more fearful 'girl' than before. This girl was armed with Binder powers... the ability to harness the sheer power from inside of her body. Of course, she was clearly angered so her attack of magic came with rage and fury... and she blew up the ship. She survived however, and when the Coast Guard found her they took her in. A few mysterious ancestor members of an ancient counsel however managed to get her pardoned, since she did not know of her powers. Now she has managed to unlock 2 different Binder personalities/powers, which is actually quite hard to do in the day and age where magick has faded from where it used to stand. She now tends to stay upon an island in the Atlantic... but occasionally she gets a visitor, or she travels.

Reasons for participating: She wants to unlock her true potential as a Binder. Her trainers tell her until she fully unlocks her powers... she cannot obtain her true potential. She also believes that if she can win... she can bring back some thing dear to her.

Signiture Move/Spell: A Binder's power is hardly able to be predictable, but currently she has unlocked two personalities. The one from when she was a young girl -
Anger -
When this is unlocked, her body transforms and her hair turns a dark, furious black which remains the same length. Her eyes turn into a deep brown, and her clothing changes as well. Her body is garmented with a red, shinning armor mainly around her shoulders and hips, but two red, leather gauntles also rest upon her hands. Her magick abilities again- rest inside of her, so all her energy comes from that personality and in this case, her attacks would be a firey red base of energy.

^^ That's an example... I'll add more descriiption of her appearance change in the battles.

Elenorii Devestina - F - Binder

" Wow... it's... it's just gorgeous, just absolutely fabulous!"

A happy cry echoed through the deck of the ship, as Elenorii gazed out with her happy, charming honey-dewed gaze. Her wild, deep violet-blue hair rippled softly in the wind as she tucked her head over the railing and gazed at the sparkling, crystallic blue water which stroked against the ship. Waves broke and crashed, as the massive cruise ship sounded it's horn. The sun was rising over the waters... creating a beautiful reddened sky, and the clouds were puffy and few.

It had taken quite some time for Elenorii to get over her fear of going back upon a boat. It brought back dark gray memories of when she was just a little girl, and had made the mistake of going on a boat cruise to America. It was upon that boat that a man tried to steal her away... and her Binder powers were awakened- to unleash their devastation upon the whole ship. SHe almost would had have the death penalty for her crimes... but luckily for her, a council of magick pardoned her and offered to teach her how to use the magick of a Binder. But that was a long time ago... she knew how to harness them- or the personalities she had currently, for now.

Looking back onto the cruise ship, she clutched her bright red bag which stood out oddly from her dark, brown cloak which was around her shoulders. Beneath that she wore a silky kimono-like robe which seemed to match the beauty of the sea. It gleamed and shimmered as it swayed... sparkling with silver droplets that reminded most of the glare of the sun. The color deeply attached to the kimono was a deep, navy blue that seemed almost black to the touch, but as it headed down towards her feet it lightened until it became almost a light azure.

Walking away from the railing... suddenly Elenorii stopped, breathing heavily for a second.

That feeling... it had returned again, like it always seemed to do to her lately. This day alone, it had come five seperate times... each more heavily than the last- and it unsettled her. Why did this feeling come? This feeling of... of...
She knew that the tournament was coming, and she knew she had to find opponents to qualify. SHe believed she could qualify... she could make it... but she also knew that something else was wrong. Every fiber in her body... every sense in her order told her some thing was definately not as it should be- not as others desired. But what? That still illuded her in many ways...

" No bother.. .no bother... in the end, I will know."
She spoke softly to herself, her voice rippling in the air like a smooth river with an equal air of sweet blossoms.
" I will know.."

Discothéque
4th March 2003, 08:44 PM
Name: Xantara Isis, which is her first name and middle name. (last name unknown)

Sex: Female

Type: Shapeshifter

Appearance: Somewhat tall, due to her magic type, reaching to six three at the least, perhaps a bit higher. Slightly mixed-tone skin, in some places being ghostly white (mainly along the sides of her face and along the rims of her eyes) and other parts being a fairly dark bronze, with the hints of normal creamy-beige along her arms. Her skin, oddly smooth and almost flawless, is marked with different-colour scars - some a pale ivory, others deep scarlet. The most noticeable, though, is a long (and oddly) iced blue one whipping across the very front of her chin to the center of her neck. To give her eyes a certain "void" look, her eyelids are coated with silky smooth ash, a stormy grey in hue. Her eyes, are a sort of jade, but the outer rims are a merging of midnight blue and silver - the pupil, which is a cat-like slit, has a shimmery golden tone to it. Her hair, somehow a colour that's mixed with garnet and pure ebony, flows smoothly down to her waist and becomes slightly thinner towards the end. She styles her hair without bangs (which, actually, she has grown longer to go to the same lenght of her hair) and it's oddly smooth, not one hair ever seemingly out of place. Since she has the most power when shifted into another shape, she wears light-fitting clothes, to not slow her motion. Thin, having almost no weight materal makes up her robe in which she wears, coming to the near end of her legs before suddenly stopping. The robe of sorts is a pure scarlet in colour, with jagged black lines circling the sleeves. And also upon the right shoulder of the robe, is sapphire thread that's been sewn in the shape of a fox - as if in "tribute" to the one who gave her the power she has now.

Personality: She is often absent-minded, seemingly unfit for one of the most powerful magic users, but is intelligent and crafty when needed most. Does things quite slowly, and gets side-tracked easily, yet focuses on things that are truly important. In simple terms, "give me a reason to do something, and I'll do it." She's usually peaceful, and nearly silent, yet has a horrible temper that easily gets out of control - but is quick to calm down once more. Seems to actually become annoyed when someone speaks to her, most likely only giving a growl in reply or simply being silent; thus not having very many friends, if any at all. Also is a perfectionist, and quick to point out any flaws that's in anything, and obsess on that until it's corrected or she finally gives up. Which is rare, since she is very stubborn and has quite a "I'm right, you're wrong" personality, also giving her a need to be correct on anything all the time. To sum it up - most people find her annoying, except the ones who even bothered to stay around. But she does have a habbit of not keeping things secret, and has a reputation of being untrust-worthy, though she doesn't mean to be.

Weapon(s): A slender, black-coloured whip with a silver hilt. Going along the whip are barely seen spikes, more thorn-like than anything, that twist along all sides of it. This is her only weapon when in her natural form - her human form.

Country: Quite alot of different places, though most of her life had lived in Scotland. But she has travelled to various areas throughout the world - but mainly near Europe and the like, thus has a horribly mixed up accent.

History: Unlike most of the other magic users, no one in her family had been a magic user, and most shunned the idea of these "mutants" as they called them. When alone, by herself, she would often pratice wiccan magic and somehow managed to conjure up a few spells in her youth. Though, one day, her parents discovered her performing a spell and actually took her to a child adoption centre for others to deal with her. Unsure of what happened, she often spent her days in the centre by herself - and gave up on magic a few weeks after being left. Though, nearly a year after, when she was twelve; was adopted by a single woman, who noticed the child had an "odd aura" around her. When taken in, the woman (who was named Isis) gave her the name of "Xantara Isis", which from then on she had used. While spending her second year with her adopted mum, Xantara stumbled upon a what appeared to be a dying fox within the forest, seeming to have gotten into a fight with another animal. Though, the fox, having noticed her turned into a human - obviously, a Shapeshifter. Before passing on, he somehow transferred his magic into Xantara, giving her to ability to transform into any creature at will - which she only noticed because she was transformed into a fox upon gaining the talent. She practiced, for two years, with her power and somehow only perfected the traits of carnivore animals. The woman who adopted her had died in a car crash (with Xantara at the age of sixteen), thus leaving her the house, which became her sort of "haven" for using her magic in secret although she travelled quite alot to any place that offered peace and quite. During those time, she still attempted wiccan magic, though finding that she could no longer do that. She then spent all of her time using her Shapeshifting ability, perfecting it with every creature she could become, learning how they move and their strenghts and weaknesses. After turning twenty, she was summoned to the tournament, and after nearly refusing she decided to join the ranks of other magic users.

Reasons for participating: She believes that it was her destiny to harness to power of changing into any beast she wants at will, and due to her many years of training, wants a chance to show that years of loneliness and solitude have paid off. She also thinks, that if somehow she wins this, will show her "mum" that she taught her "daughter" well and to prove to that man that died she can do his rare power justice.

Signiture Move/Spell: She has no other moves or spells besides being able to Shapeshift, but hopes to learns some sort of attacks that she can only perform while in the body of a certain animal.

Other: She has fangs, due to the fact that she can only shapeshift into carnivore animals; though she's trying to be able to shapeshift into any creature. The process of learning fully is slowed down by the fact that she recieved her powers when they were last used for the wielder to become a fox. But also, if praticed carefully and correctly, a Shapeshifter may change into another person for a brief period of time. (An hour or two, at the most.)

--
Xantara Isis
--
Purely mixed colour orbs narrowed effortlessly, a stoic gaze following along the barely visible trimmings of the sky, sometimes lowering to scan briefly upon the ground, barely covered with thin dying grass - hue a slight two-tone, decaying brown and dead green. Just lovely, as it wavered about, most crumbling into rough dust, being pulled out of the air by a sudden burst of wind, which came against skin as if a knife. Just a barely amused grin flicked onto my face, as ahead laid nothing but earth, covered with trees nor grass. Plain, boring. Surely no one would come here, most looking for atleast a somewhat beautiful place to rest, on a clear day, golden sunlight showering down upon all that was not hidden within the shadows.

Taking one final sweeping, careful glance around the area to be sure of solitude, my body crouched low to the ground, the wind once more passing by without even a harsh howl, or chilling coldness. A shuddering feeling ran along my spine, eyes rolling back into my skull, the whole of my body becoming smaller. Glancing back into a nearby puddle of water, feeling a smirk upon the muzzle of my new form, a curious gleam was set upon my eyes.

A sleek, slender and cunning fox, bright jade and silver eyes, fur of black with pure garnet streaks upon my ears and paws, along the tip of the tail. Noticing something, everytime I had transformed, the colour of the creature I took form of carried the same hue as my hair. Glancing behind of me, taking off of a steady pace, a single image burning into my mind - obviously, this woman was told to be my opponent. If her powers had not been advanced, she'd be useless against me, but she was told to be one of the strongest of her kind. Her breed, a Siren, alluring voice that haunts the mind of any male who happen to hear the cursed singing. Yet their voices can become powerful, ear-piercing screeches that can bring opponent to their knees.

Some how, some can shape those screams into projectiles, invisible yet oddly deadly, often hindering the hearing of their enemies or knocking them back a few good feet. This would prove no easy task, but atleast I had to try.

Couldn't even get out without a single slaying.
~
Ay, hope I did that right. O.o;

Mystic_clown
4th March 2003, 08:59 PM
Name: Gali Virgo
Type: Magician
Appearance: He has long blue hair and blue eyes. He wears a purple top hat and tuxedo, green
pants, a yellow shirt and a red bow tie and shoes.
Personality: A lively and graceful king of guy. He rarely talks but when he does he's pretty
philosiphle (excuse my spelling). On some occasions, he goes completely insane.
Weapon: Scythe
Reason: To try and control his power.
History: He was famous for his incredable power, until he went insane and leveled a whole city 5
years ago. He then dissapeared and was forgotten. He then befreinded Soris. He's now trying to find
a way to control his intense power and put an end to his Bezerk Fury.
Signiture Move/Spell: Bezerk Fury-He goes raving mad and his power skyrockets
Other: He has some feelings for Elenorii and is best freinds with Soris.

I'll do his intro later.

Outlaw JT
4th March 2003, 10:05 PM
Name: Relk Brasken
Sex: male
Type: Energy Manipulator
Appearance: 6'4", short red hair and beard, deep crystal blue eyes, broad shoulder and slim but firm build, wears a black hoodless cloak over black pants and a violet long sleeved buttonless shirt.
Personality: Serious, determined, somewhat isolated. Although he has a sense of humor he seems to take everything seriously and rarely lets anyone get close to him.
Weapon(s): a long staff handed down to him through his family line since the beginning, much like most magic-users weapons it has runes on it that can only be seen in battle(essentially it is a protection rune that prevents anything from being able to break or destroy the staff)
History: He is a direct descendant of one of the magic users who bound the Gods. Unlike the other families involved though, his slipped from history. Becoming small, poor and unknown. He grew up in a poor family in a rundown neighborhood in Ireland. It wasn't until he was 13 that he was taken to the countryside and trained in how to use his mag abilities. Fortunately for him he was a quick study and picked it up very easily. At the age of 15 he decided his family could no longer teach him anything so he set out to learn how to fully harness his potential. Not much is known about the next seven years of his life but he ended up in a shaolin monastery when he was 22 where he trained for two years. When news of the tournament reached him there he bid farewell to the monks and set out for it. Determined to restore his family name to prominance.
Reasons for participating: restore family name
Signiture Move/Spell: Counter-Shield(it is an energy shield that absorbs energy attacks, reverses their polarity[from light to dark, fire to water, etc] and sends them back to the original caster with equal force)
Other: Most of Relk's magic is defensive or counter based but he does know a few offensive energy spells(although they tend to drain him faster). He has become an expert martial artist specializing in shaolin style kung-fu.

Relk Brasken
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship cut slowly through the storm. Every moment he could feel it pitch and roll with the violent waves. There were few ways of travel as unpleasant as by freighter vessel. It was all he could afford though.
Clear your mind Relk. Feel the universe around you. Listen to what your feelings tell you.
He could hear sensei's voice in his head quite clearly. Relk was skilled at many things but meditation had not been one of them. Still, he could sense something out of place. Even his limited senses could detect something on the horizon.
At first he had tried to explain it away as anxiety. He knew full well this tournament meant lifetime commitment or death. Perhaps it was just his natural fear of death speaking to him.
It was more than that, though. He couldn't explain what but there was definately something wrong with where he was headed. Everything was not as it should be and he had no idea why.
Unable to find an answer to his unease he decided to turn his mind toward the tournament. He had already qualified so he need only show up. He even knew his first opponent. It was an elemental sorcerer named Kell. Supposedly Kell was a master of wind and thunder. It didn't matter much to Relk. He had taken an unorthodox approach. Rather than prepare for each opponent individually he would just take them as they came, learning only minimally about them.
His reasoning was unusual but not without base. Relk believed that if you prepared too much for a specific opponent with specific skills you would leave too much room for them to surprise you. Instead he decided that every opponent might be capable of anything so he would not try to anticipate their style.
"We'll reach the seabuoy in about three hours. Then we just wait for our berth to open," a crewmen said, popping his head into Relk's tiny quarters.
"Thank you. If it's no trouble please let me know when we've docked in Charleston," Relk replied casually.
So he only had a few hours left before setting foot in America. He had never been there before. It's a shame he wasn't going there under other circumstances. He would've liked to take in some of the sights. Instead he would be concentrating on the tournament as soon as he was off the ship. There was no telling when or where his first opponent might turn up.

Tyler and Hobbes
4th March 2003, 10:38 PM
[COLOR=seagreen] Name:Soris Dosicerv

Type:Summoner

Appearance:Tall,green yellow hair,Dark green eyes,Purple robe with eye where heart is supposed to be,black pants

Personality:mysterious,goof-off,dark

Weapon(s):Sword with blue hilt

History:His parents abandoned him in the forest...

Reasons for participating:To find himself

Signiture Move/Spell:Elemental:He shoots out beams of any unprodictable element

Other:Gali's best friend.If OK

Soris
##################
I walked to the airport.Nothing happening much.I saw a man

going the same rout as me."Perfect canidate!!"I thought.With a quick flip of the rist I got a...A Peice Of String!?!?I was a master

pickpocketer!How could this happen!!!With the words,"Pugnat Aqua."a large water dragon appeared.It was dark green with blue scales.A very uncommon sight in London I know,but I felt I had to

follow him."Hay!!"I said,finnaly braking the sighlence.He smiled,"You know I can see you back there."he said calmly.I knew the voice for what it truly was.My best friend.I had gotten to Australia when I herd about the competition,so I forgot about

why I came,"Gali...is it realy you?"He smiled and said softly,"You have returned."We went to the airport.I alway liked to do this.I used to summon lots of birds and send them of the runways.But know was different.Now I would go off by summoning a giant bird.He told me about how he was entering the compitition too."Well I'm off!" I said.[COLOR/]

Gladiator
5th March 2003, 04:48 PM
Name: Axehelm McCloud
Sex: Male
Type: Lifeforgers

Appearance: 6'4, athletic build, dark black eyes, dark uncontrollable hair, well-tanned skin. He wears dark golden armor and brown gauntlets, with blue pants, and boots. Often carries a 6 ft. long staff with an onyx gem in the center. His expression is often serious.

Personality: Axehelm is intelligent, focussed, and often calm. He is friendly and trust-worthy, but you don't want him around when in a jam. He isn't cowardly, but he's very instinct driven.

Weapon(s): The staff mentioned earlier, his minions

History: Axehelm came from a long line of magic users, and for the most part of his life, he seemed unable to be of their talents. Ashamed that he could never meet his parents' expectations, he left home to find his place. He got a lonely couple to take care of him and he began developing an interest in art and sculpting. He wasn't accepted by his classmates and one day when working on a sculpture, he wished he had a friend. To his surprise the sculpture came to life. His original parents had friends keep a close eye on him and he was summoned before a council. Turns out he came from a rare variety of mages called Lifeforgers, able to give life to any inanimate object. He began his training when he was 14 and has been doing very well since then.
Reasons for participating: (In case this is unavoidable), just to overcome his instinctive fear

Signiture Move/Spell: Create Life Gives life to an inanimate object

Other: He is an excellent sculptor. Also, he works hard because the ability to create useful fighters (he calls them Warmongers) is very complicated. His first one is his long time friend. A bizzare warrior creature who wields a scythe and has an insect-like head for a helmet. He calls him Scarabi.

Name: Scarabi

Former Composition: He has been re-worked several times in the past so when inactive he is a strange metallic-clay mesh. He also has a 'heart' made of black onyx

Appearance: No one has penetrated Scarabi's armor. He is 6'7 and has medium-light, red and gold (separately) colored armor. He wears blue pants and has brown armored lower leggings. His helmet bears resemblance to a black insect head. His bug-eyes are red and his helmet seems to move based on his current emotions and if he is speaking. No one has seen him under the armor (some question if he even has anything under there), but Axehelm has mentioned that he looks human without the armor.

Personality: Loyal, brave, and friendly, Scarabi is always by Axehelm's side. He likes to avoid confrontation if he can, but fights fiercely. Scarabi is often impatient, and though friendly, he is uncomfortable with sharing his feelings. He is however trustworthy and caring.

Weapon: Scythe

Spell: Darkness Approaches (He has magic, but only limited magic because he is a creature born of it), it is an attack of pure black energy.

Other: His real name is Jason.

Axehelm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was on a boat for some reason or another. I already lived in America, but every now and then I liked to journey to the oceans, and feel the wind whip through my hair. I was anxious about today, because of the tournament. I didn't want to attend, but it still worries me. I mean I know it is essential, but I really can't see the point in killing each other just to save the world. I was taught on the belief that many could accomplish what one alone could not. It was a belief that I taught Scarabi.

I began walking around the ship, Scarabi close by me, just in case. To the right stood a young woman about two years older than me. She was blue haired and had a unique aura about her. Because I was a friendly person, I decided to introduce myself.

"Hi," I said to her, "Are you a spellcaster, too?" I asked. She seemed surprised, but she nodded.

"Pleased to meet you, I am Ace." I was always nervous about my real name. Seriously, how often do you hear Axehelm as a name?

kalad1
5th March 2003, 08:12 PM
Kalad Galadorian
Type: Pyrokleptic(will explain)
Appearance:5'6" fire red hair and vibrant red eyes. wears light armor plates at strategic points on his body, over a red tunic and pants, with a red cloak over it all.
Personality: Pretty friendly, but tends to creep people out when he starts using his power.
Weapon:all he carries are some alchemical bombs.
History: ever since he saw that first candle, he had been obsessed with fire. His parents wanted him to become a normal "traditional" mage like them, but he refused and started studying all sources that spoke of fire magics, using this knowledge, he became the epitome of a fire magician: a Pyrokleptic.

Reasons:to prove to his parents his magic is worthy of them.

Signature move: Immolation:releases all his stored energy into one big blast of fire.

Other: okay, a pyrokleptic is a Mage the instead of warping reality or using mana or such, actually ABSORBS fire and stores it for later usage, he can't however stop magical fire because it isn't natural and pure. The advantage of this ability is that it doesn't use his own stamina up and is less tiring than other forms of magic. to give you an example of the absorbtion of fire, lets say he's walking down a torch lined hallway, the flames fly off the torches and into his hands, then they dissappear.

EDITOOC:I am sorry about the short post, but I am not at full capacity, I am kinda under the weather, sorry.
Kalad Location:somewhere near Cincinnati
I stepped off the plane, ready for a challenge. I checked who my current opponent was... a druid, THIS was going to be fun. I turned my senses to scan the surrounding area for magical residues. I felt one, it was to the... northeast. I looked to the northeast and there was a forest.
how typical I thought, the stupid treehugger doesn't know what he's up against. I began to walk to the forest, with my crimson cloak flapping in the wind. I ignored the creeped out looks people were giving me. I was ready, I had built up my reserves of fire quite a while ago. I noticed as I was walking that none of the animals were staying around. he knows I'm coming. I thought.
Once I got to the outskirts of the forest, I prepped myself for combat. I walked forward, occasionally making a small burn mark on a tree, to mark where I had been, AND to draw the druid out of hiding...

Anjana's Halo
5th March 2003, 09:29 PM
Name: Hali Yorkshir

Sex: F

Type: Rune Caster

Appearance: Shoulder-length brown hair and hazel eyes. She looks much younger than she is, around 14. Usually wears a long green shirt with matching green pants and brown leather boots. Wears a backpack with supplies for her art. She stands at 5'2".

Personality: Kind and thoughtful when out of combat, she enjoys painting and such. In combat, she becomes oddly quiet and focused, giving her an edge since she can still think clearly in the heat of battle. She's very instinctive and often does things on a whim

Weapon(s): Paper, pens, pencil, clay, stones, paint, powder, etc., and a small sword.

History: Throughout her family history, there has always been one child in each generation born with the gift of magic, and she was the one. She discovered the power of the written word early in her life and taught herself the art of Rune Casting under the guidence of her Uncle Gordon, the magic user in his generation. When she turned 18, she started traveling the world to meet more people who could use magic.

Reasons for participating: She has no clue. It was a whim.

Signature Move/Spell: Palabras de Aire- One of the few moves that doesn't require preparation ahead of time, she writes Words into the very air itself to send out a spell.

Other: Dictionary Time!!!
Rune Caster- A type of magic that uses the power of the Written Word to cast spells. These Words can be written on any medium and with any substance, the reason I gave all those items as weapons. This magic requires a great deal of preparation, so most of a Rune Casters spellcasting actually happens before the battle. One of the more difficult arts is writing Words on intangeble mediums, such as fire, water, and air.
Word- You notice I capitalize the word Word. This is to show the the difference between regular words and the magical Words used in Rune Casting.
Crazy Weirdo- See Anjana's Halo.

Hali Yorkshir
I was on the train, heading southeast to New England. This tournament was going to be interesting, I had decided. Uncle Harris said it was open to magic users only. Finally, a chance to meet more people with magic! For years the only person I could talk to on magical matters was my uncle. It'll be nice to get a new perspective on things. He also mentioned that I might be killed during the tournament, but I was working on that and didn't let it worry me too much. I started to drift to sleep, but woke up almost immediately. Damn, that had been happening all week. Every time I tried to drift into a quiet slumber, I got a gut-wrenching feeling that something was askew. I basically had to drug myself at night to get any shut-eye. I settled down to reading instead.

The train finally came to a stop in Concord. I quickly got off and mingled through the crowd. I was supposed to find an opponent to qualify for the tournament, but I had no clue who in this town was a contestant or not. Oh well, I finally decided to myself. I might as well wait for one to find me, eh? I walked out of the train station to see what there was to be seen.

Thargor
9th March 2003, 02:41 PM
---------------
Richard Barrington
---------------

The grass beneath my feet quickly sprang back up as I crossed the lawn. All around me, houses lay in neat lines, along with nice big lawns filled with childish implements. White washed fences, lawn statues, and the occasional dog in the street. The perfect image of the suburbs... Disgusting really...

I ignored as much of it as I could, looking down at a glowing rune in my palm. As I shifted it to the right slightly, it grew brighter. I quickly proceeded to go in that direction, noting how the direction seemed to shift slightly each time... A sure sign of movement.

As my shrouded form moved forward, I couldn't help but wonder what a witch was doing in an area like this. Most magical people tended to either stray away from all people mostly, or emmerse themselves in it by going to a city. Either way, the chance of being noticed was put way down, and little effort had to be put into protection magics. The suburbs was a truly stupid place to be in, the neighbors nearby would be a constant danger to any magical user. And you could only kill so many neighbors before the Council would kill you...

Shaking my head, I dismissed most of this. Witches were prone to bouts of nonsense behavior. The whole race of magic users had been diminished severely since the time the Gods had been done away with, as most of their power had come by the way of them pledging their souls to a specific deity. Nowadays, they had to rely on complex chantings and potions that only held a minute fraction of an ancient witch's power. Which of course would make this all the more easy for me.

Crossing another lawn, I spotted a youngish woman working on planting flowers near a black house. She looked young, early twenties, black hair, and black eyes. Elizabeth Turn, the first sister of the Black Branch order. Out of the weak bunch, the strongest of them all... Still no match for me.

As I approached her, she looked up, straight into my eyes. I frowned at this as the rune should have been powerful enough to keep even a high level witch from seeing me. I tapped the rune in my pocket once, then I reappeared.

"Leave now while you still have a chance," She said quietly, still tending to her flowers. Her gaze had immiediatly went down, but not before I could see the flash of yellow in her pupils. In the ancient days, that had been a sign of witches calling down the power of their gods... But most likely it had just been a trick of the sun.

"I am challenging you to a duel under the rules of the Tournament. Failure to comply will result in you being stipped of your powers and put to death. By orders of the Council, you understand," I said, keeping a level voice.

She sighed once, then patted the ground near the flowers. Slowly, she got up to her feet, and looked up at me. I was a good foot taller than her, yet she still projected an image of sure confidence.

"Very well then, I accept your challenge Barrington. I am assuming you wish to have a traditional arena challenge in this case?" she said, reaching into her pocket.

I kept the frown I was feeling in check at this. Many people knew my name, so I should not be surprised at this... Yet there was a nagging feeling I was getting at this...

"Yes, an arena would be fine," I said, as I reached into my own pocket.

Both of us withdrew an amulet, which was given to each magic user before a Tournament started. They allowed a magical arena to be erected around a pair of duelists, so as not to harm any non-magical people around them, while still keeping up the secret. There were many different types of dueling fields, and the arena was the most simple of them all.

Pressing the two amulets together, the ground 50 meters to either side suddenly turned to stone. Beyond that length, a rounded rock wall appeared around us, with a black abyss hovering above our heads. There was no large splash of light to herald the changes, they just happened. The world was closed off to them.

My hand reached to my back as I withdrew my sword, which shone with its own light.

"We begin," I said, as I lifted the sword into the air in a salute.

A smile spread across her lips, as once more her eyes flickered...