PDA

View Full Version : Yero Thropp vs Deus: ref Chris 2.0

Yero Thropp
27th September 2005, 01:22 AM
And for my second battle slot...

Just a normal one on one, one Pokemon each.
I choose first, you attack first.
DQ: 1 week
Arena: Just an open field; the grass has been cut short, and there is a pond nearby.
Banned Moves: Rest, Attract, Recover

I choose Florence, my female Cubone!

Deus_Theios
27th September 2005, 09:52 PM
Hmmm, I just started also...Do you mind if I battle you? as for my first pokemon...well, only pokemon.

Fafnir go!
(Trapinch, M)

I would prefer to wait fro a ref to post my attacks, is that okay?

Yero Thropp
28th September 2005, 01:14 AM
*bows* Of course!

Now, who will ref this epic showdown of the Battle of the Newbies?

Chris 2.1
28th September 2005, 07:20 AM
I can ref this for you.

Yero Thropp
28th September 2005, 10:36 AM
Hehe, I'm dueling a moderator in another post, and now a mod is reffing my game... I feel so privileged...

Your move, Deus!

Deus_Theios
30th September 2005, 12:19 AM
Oi, sorry for taking so long...was out all last night

Lets see...Start things off with Sunny Day Fafnir...then lets take that to our advantage with a solar beam. Finish up by Giga Draining.

Sunny Day/Solar Beam/Giga Drain

Yero Thropp
30th September 2005, 04:21 PM
It's all good!

Florence, start us off with Double Team, then Focus Punch. If the Solar Beam doesn't miss, use your third attack to perform Ice Beam around and on the ground of Trapnich to freeze Trapnich's feet to the ground.

Double Team~~Focus Punch

If Focus Punch is stopped...
Double Team~~Focus Punch~~Ice Beam (to stick Trapnich to the ground)

RaZoR LeAf
1st October 2005, 06:29 PM
No it's not allowed. It's not been a day since you replied, Chris might be busy. He may be able to come on to check things, but not to write a full match out. Please have patience

Chris 2.1
2nd October 2005, 07:03 AM
Dan's right, I'm at a Drama School now, so every night I comehome aching and tired with a sore throat from shouting and talking incessantly, so I'm not in the best state of mind to sit down and carefully ref a round. Try to have a bit more empathy for others.

Yero VS Deus
Round 1

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 100% | 0% Fatigue
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 100% | 0% Fatigue

Deus: Sunny Day -- Solarbeam -- Giga Drain
Yero: Double Team -- Focus Punch -- Relax/Ice Beam

BEGIN!

As this furious battle begun, two newcomers to ASB stepped up to duke it out. Yero Thropp released Florence, his female Cubone. Florence watched, gripping her club tightly as her opponent, Deus Theios, released a Trapinch, named Fafnir.

As the referee threw his flags down, Florence flashed white momentarily and began creating clones. The clones circled around Fefnir, but the little ant-lion was not intimidated in the slightest. Staring up into the sky, he let out a little muffled cry as the sun came out from the clouds.

The sun beat down on the Pokemon, the intense heat not really detering either of the ground types. Fefnir opened wide and blasted a white beam of solar energy. It sped through the air, wiping out two clones at once but missing the real Florence. Only 6 clones remained now. Florence retalliated by racing through the air, fist glowing a powerful, frenzied white as it was swung into Fefnir's side. The Trapinch fell back angrily, having taken good damage from the attack.

Fefnir got up, glowing a citrus green as he focused on one of the remaining Florences. That Florence glowed green too, and beads of energy was pulled and extracted painfully. However, this was yet another clone. Fefnir gave an angry cry as the attack yielded no results. Only five clones remained.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 91% | 9% Fatigue
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 100% | 13% Fatigue
5 clones remaning

Sunny - 2 more rounds

Yero Thropp
2nd October 2005, 03:50 PM
All right, Florence, start us off with a Toxic, then Focus Energy. Finish the round off with Swords Dance.

Toxic~~Focus Energy~~Swords Dance

Deus_Theios
2nd October 2005, 06:35 PM
My sincere apologies. It's not a lack of empathy I have dear sir. Rather a lack of knowledge about how this new ASB is run. Since I've still yet to find the rules tower I was under the misassumption that one had 24-48 hours to post results or attacks. I beg pardon for my rudeness.

Sorry about this Fafnir. Try to E-Quake to get rid of the clones and stop her from attacking, then Faint Attack just to make sure. If you do get poisoned finish the round with Facade, if not use Swords Dance also.

Earthquake-Faint Attack-Facade/Sword's Dance

Chris 2.1
3rd October 2005, 08:24 AM
Oh, is that how it used to work? No worries. Anyway I can try and ref this tonight, but I'm going to work now. Yay.

Deus_Theios
4th October 2005, 03:02 AM
Tis alright. I really do feel sorry for bumping the Topic. I was part of the original ASB...the very first one when this board first opened all those years ago. So I might make mistakes...anyway, please take your time reffing, I understand how it is being busy.

Chris 2.1
4th October 2005, 01:05 PM
Finally here! Sorry for the wait.

Yero VS Deus
Round 1

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 91% | 9% Fatigue
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 100% | 13% Fatigue
5 clones remaning

Sunny - 2 more rounds

Yero: Toxic~~Focus Energy~~Swords Dance
Deus: Earthquake-Faint Attack-Facade/Sword's Dance

BEGIN!

Hurrying to attack, Fafnir the Trapinch gave a hearty jolt as he smashed his paws into the ground. A rumble ran across the arena and ripped up the ground. Cubone teetered around, stunned as her clones dissapeared suddenly. She gave a sigh, recieving damage from the quake.

Leaping forward, Florence spat a glob of toxic into her foes face. Trapinch gave a gurgle as the toxic seeped into his skin.

Trapinch was not pleased at all. Dissapearing into the shadows, he swept silently forward as his foe began to focus his energy. Florence was startled when she was hit by Trapinch, who re-appeared as he slammed into his foe. Florence looked rather frustrated as her focused energy was lost before she could finish.

She took no heed as Fafnir used his poisoned status to his advantage. Tackling his foe, Fafnir dealt good damage and leapt back quickly. Florence began summoning ghostly swords from the ground, which spun fast and furious, jacking up her attack.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 89% | 18% Fatigue
Poisoned - 4% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 83% | 20% Fatigue

Sunny - 1 more round

Deus_Theios
4th October 2005, 05:05 PM
Exellent Job Fafnir. Let's see if we can keep up the good work...

Start this battle off with Sand Tomb so she won't be dodging our attacks. Then use Solar Beam since we've only got one more chance at it. Finish up with a Double Team to keep us ready for the next round.

Yero Thropp
5th October 2005, 02:47 AM
Florence,

First, use Rock Tomb to trap the real Trapnich where it stands. Next, dig yourself beneath that sand trap and wait until Trapnich fires off his Solarbeam before resurfacing a safe distance away from Trapnich (resurface close enough to use Blizzard later, but not too close so you get sucked in as well.) When you resurface, Trapnich will have used Double Team, but the real Trapnich will hopefully still be trapped by your Rock Tomb, so you know which one is the real Trapnich. That's when you should engulf Trapnich with a Blizzard attack.

Rock Tomb~~Dig~~Blizzard

Chris 2.1
5th October 2005, 09:15 AM
Will ref this tomorrow for you.

Deus_Theios
10th October 2005, 11:00 PM
*coughes* Yero...maybe we should find a substitute ref?

Yero Thropp
11th October 2005, 10:42 AM
Naw, I don't mind waiting. We should at least set a time limit.

2 weeks, as of October 5th... that's the 19th. We'll give him to the 19th to at least post that he is still alive and will ref this for us. Chris probably just has some IRL stuff goin on... I'm in college, and I know how tough it is to find time to get online sometimes. Heck, I've got a class in 20 mins, and I've got two other sites to visit yet!

Chris 2.1
11th October 2005, 03:52 PM
Sorry for the wait. Truth be told I reffed this a few days ago, remembered I had work, and saved it somewhere on my PC before dashing off.

Anyway I've been looking for it, doing college work, working my part time job and organizing ASB Tourney stuff. If you want a replacement ref I can understand.

Yero VS Deus
Round...erm...*forgets*

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 89% | 18% Fatigue
Poisoned - 4% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 83% | 20% Fatigue

Sunny - 1 more round

Deus: Sand tomb -- Solarbeam -- Double Team
Yero: Rock Tomb~~Dig~~Blizzard

BEGIN!

The ground shook. A whirling cyclone of sand whipped up around the two battlers, sealing them in a hazy swirl of biting sand. Florence the Cubone gave a cry as large rocks burst from the ground and locked Fafnir in a tomb-like structure. The sand soon ebbed away and lay around the arena.

Florence dug under the veil of sand as a solarbeam destroyed the rock tomb and flew through the air. Florence manoevured through the sand and popped out as Fafnir began to create many clones of himself. Each growled menacingly, snapping their jaws - which was the real one?

Unfortunately the rock tomb was shattered. Florence's plan was going to be much more difficult. Firing a wide-range blizzard, the icy crystals blasted through some of the clones and caused light damage to the real Fafnir. However some clones still remained.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 76% | 25% Fatigue
Poisoned - 6% damage next turn (4 clones)
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 78% | 28% Fatigue

Weather is normal

Yero Thropp
11th October 2005, 04:09 PM
Yay, Chris is back! :biggrin: Don't worry about getting substituted Chris, I don't mind the wait.

Edit: Lol I used Sandshrews moves, so I have to edit my moves! Here's my new and LEGAL moveset, lol....

Okay, Cubone, first we need to get rid of those clones. Use Bone Rush to attack all of your opponents quickly, destroying the clones. Then use Ice Beam twice. If Trapnich ever uses Double Team again, replace your attack with another Bone Rush.

Bone Rush~~Ice Beam (Bone Rush if Trapnich uses Double Team)~~Ice Beam (Bone Rush if Trapnich uses Double Team)

Deus_Theios
11th October 2005, 04:46 PM
No...actually I really enjoy your reffing Chris. I was thinking more of the fact that Ik now how tough reffing can be when your busy all the time. I should probably just keep my mouth shut more often since apparently I stick my foot in my mouth everytime I open it ne?

Good Going Fafnir...Now lets see if we can get though this.

First spit Toxic into her eyes to blind the Cubone...since she's coming right at us this shouldn't be hard to hit, then faint attack behind her to dodge the Ice Beam. Finish with Giga Drain (I just re-read the ban move list. Is Giga Drain Legal?) if Giga Drain isn't legal, finish up by dodging the second Ice Beam with another Faint Attack.

Chris 2.1
14th October 2005, 03:02 PM
Yero VS Deus
Round

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 76% | 25% Fatigue
Poisoned - 6% damage next turn (4 clones)
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 78% | 28% Fatigue

Weather is normal

Yero: Bone Rush~~Ice Beam (Bone Rush if Trapnich uses Double Team)~~Ice Beam (Bone Rush if Trapnich uses Double Team)
Deus: Toxic -- Faint attack x2

Four clones stood. One real Fafnir also stood on the arena. Gripping her club tighter, Florence took a deep breath and prepared to face off against five foes. This was it. With a roar, Florence swept across the arena, frantically swinging her club at clones, slashing them apart and finding the real foe. Once the clones were sucessfully removes, Florence turned to Fafnir as a glob of toxic splattered into her face.

Undeterred, Florence blasted a beam of pearly-white ice through the air. Fafnir cloaked into the shadows and slinked around the arena, tackling the Cubone from behind. A small icy patch was now across the arena where the ice beam hit the ground.

Again, Florence blasted another beam, but her foe slipped into the darkness and was away, tackling his foe again and causing confusion among the bone warrior. Another icy mass was now visible on the arena.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 70% | 31% Fatigue
[i]Poisoned - 8% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 68% | 33% Fatigue
Poisoned - 4% next round

Arena: Two jagged icy masses on the arena.

Weather is normal

Deus_Theios
15th October 2005, 08:52 AM
Okay Fafnir...we need to really work hard to finish off this battle.

Try to start things off with a Gust/Sand Attack combo to blind and sting and then finish up with a nice Resounding Crunch. I presume thats three moves, but if it isn't then Facade to increase your attack

~Gust+Sand Attack~Crunch. Facade??

Yero Thropp
16th October 2005, 01:17 AM
Florence, move closer to Trapinch and use Swords Dance. Then, move a bit closer, and right after the Gust/Sand Attack combo hits you, use Screech. As Trapinch is recovering from Screech, give it a nice solid Facade to the face :biggrin:.

Swords Dance~~Screech~~Facade

Edit: By the way Chris, this round you will be reffing will be turn 4 :wink:

Chris 2.1
18th October 2005, 10:55 AM
Sorry for the delay

Yero VS Deus
Round 4

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 70% | 31% Fatigue
Poisoned - 8% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 68% | 33% Fatigue
Poisoned - 4% next round

Deus: Gust+Sand Attack~Crunch
Yero: Swords Dance~~Screech~~Facade

BEGIN!

Fafnir was constructing a plan. A huge gust picked up and a cyclone whipped around with lumps and shards of sand added into the fray. Florence watched carefully as the heavy sand blinded her. Summoning up some energy Florence managed to create a variety of ghostly swords. On her command they span rapidly, whipping away the cyclone of sand and dust and blowing away any debris. Florence was slightly blinded, however.

She did not need her vision to aid her next, however - using her lungs she released a strong screech to disorientate her foe. Fafnir groaned under the horrible screeching as it caused him to stumble around wildly.

Nevertheless he leapt forward, sinking his teeth into Florence's arm. Florence gave a cry of pain, summoning a facade to smash Fafnir back and dealing excellent damage.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 56% | 40% Fatigue
Poisoned - 10% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 59% | 39% Fatigue
Poisoned - 6% next round
Bleeding

Yero Thropp
21st October 2005, 04:14 AM
Oh crud, my turn! Totally forgot!

Florence, start us off with a healty Icy Wind. Next come charging forward with Skull Bash, then finish up with a nice Ice Beam to the face!

Icy Wind~~Skull Bash~~Ice Beam

Deus_Theios
21st October 2005, 07:25 AM
hmmm, Icy Wind huh?

Start off with another Gust to blow that Icy Wind back in Florence's face...then when she comes forward to hit you with Skull Bash Rock Slide to stop her. If she's still Able to move around...just Quick attack out of the way...try to strike, but if not just dodge that Ice Beam with it.

Gust~Rock Slide~Quick attack

Chris 2.1
21st October 2005, 03:49 PM
Yero VS Deus
Round 5

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 56% | 40% Fatigue
Poisoned - 10% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 59% | 39% Fatigue
Poisoned - 6% next round
Bleeding

Yero: Icy Wind~~Skull Bash~~Ice Beam
Deus: Gust~Rock Slide~Quick attack

Florence swiped her bone across the air as a chilling wind picked up. It sent a chill down everybodies spines as small icy shards swept into the breeze and whisked around the arena. Fafnir used a strong gust to try and whip away the icy wind, but it was far too thick and only resulted in Fafnir to recieve less of a freezing sensation.

Florence raced forward with her helmet glowing white. She headbutted Fafnir, who responded by commanding a large rockslide to engulf the arena. Florence's head was slightly stronger against the attack, thanks to her using skull bash, but she still took damage.

Finally, as Florence blasted an icy beam of chilled moisture at Fafnir, her foe swept out of the way, managing to lightly tackle the bone warrior as the round ended.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 42% | 46% Fatigue
Poisoned - 12% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 43% | 47% Fatigue
Poisoned - 8% next round
Bleeding

Arena: Rocks strewn everywhere

Deus_Theios
22nd October 2005, 05:42 PM
Hmm...Start off with a Rock Tomb then use Sunny Day and Solar Beam If at anytime she uses an ice attack, use Faint Attack to dodge

Rock Tomb~Sunny Day~Solar Beam =Sub Move: Faint Attack.

Yero Thropp
22nd October 2005, 06:05 PM
Okay, Florence, after you get trapped in the rocks, Rock Slide away from you, towards Trapinch. Next, take advantage of the sun and use Fire Blast. Finally, meet Solar Beam's attack head on with Flamethrower.

Rock Slide~~Fire Blast~~Flamethrower

Chris 2.1
25th October 2005, 03:19 PM
Yero VS Deus
Round 6

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 42% | 46% Fatigue
Poisoned - 12% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 43% | 47% Fatigue
Poisoned - 8% next round
Bleeding

Deus: Rock Tomb~Sunny Day~Solar Beam =Sub Move: Faint Attack.
Yero: Rock Slide~~Fire Blast~~Flamethrower

BEGIN!

In a terrifying roar, boulders roared and boomed as they burst from the ground, encasing Florence in a tomb. Florence looked around frantically, unable to get out. Using as much strength as was possible, Florence tried to cause something of a landslide. It worked, and to fantastic effect, as rocks rolled around the mountains and piled up around Fafnir. Unfortunately the rock tomb was not part of this mineral manipulation, and Florence was stuck fast.

Summoning up the sun, it did not matter to Fafnir that the ground they once stood on was now strewn with rock. As the large ball of opulent energy beamed down upon them, Florence began firing a flaming barrel of pure fire at the rocks. Did it work? Alas, it did not.

Fafnir collected up solar energy in his maw-like mouth. Concentrating it, he fired a beam of solar energy which smashed into the rock tomb, shattering it completely. Florence took damage from the shards of rock flying in her face, and fired off a jet of flames which dealt light damage to Fafnir.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 20% | 50% Fatigue
Poisoned - 14% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 27% | 53% Fatigue
Poisoned - 10% next round
Bleeding

Arena: Rocks strewn everywhere[/center]

Yero Thropp
26th October 2005, 12:28 AM
This is gonna be close, Florence.

Bonemarang, x2, then Dig. If he ever attacks you with anything during your second attack, use Protect.

Bonemarang~~Bonemarang (Sub: Protect if attacked)~~Dig

Edit: I should specify that I just want Cubone to dig underground, not come back up for an attack.

Deus_Theios
28th October 2005, 12:42 AM
You've done good Fafnir...I'm sorry you had to go though all this.

first Protect yourself against the Bonemarang, then just so Florence won't strike at us again with it use Faint Attack to activate her protect. Then when she digs underneath the ground...simply e-quake her to shake her up.

Protect ~ Faint Attack ~ Earthquake.

Chris 2.1
28th October 2005, 03:01 PM
Yero VS Deus
Round 7

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 20% | 50% Fatigue
Poisoned - 14% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 27% | 53% Fatigue
Poisoned - 10% next round
Bleeding

Yero: Bonemerang -- Bonemerang/Protect -- Dig
Deus: Protect -- Faint Attack -- Earthquake

BEGIN!

Florence gripped her club, hurling it fast. It swept around towards Fafnir, but the little ant lion created a protect shield, which protected it from the attack. The bone smashed off the shield, ricocheting into the distance. It was thought to have dissapeared, but after a while it swung back down, hitting the protect shield again and flying into Florence's grip.

Angered, Florence would have liked to do it again, but when Fafnir dissapeared into the darkness, speeding at her, she brought up her protect shield as a defence mechanism. Fafnir slammed into it and gave a groan as a bruise soon appeared on his snout.

Florence took the opperunity to bury underground. Smirking, she congratulated herself on her wickedly clever scheme....until she felt a horrible tremor above her. Fafnir caused an earthquake to bury poor Florence underground. Weak and tired, Florence's breathing was hindered as she lay underground, gasping for release.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 6% | 61% Fatigue
Poisoned - 16% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 9% | 65% Fatigue
Poisoned - 12% next round
Bleeding
Underground - Breathing difficult. Florence will expirience fatigue loss twice as fast while underground.

Deus_Theios
29th October 2005, 12:20 PM
*sighs* Going to be Double KO no matter what...sorry Fafnir, I'll make it up to you.

Start things off with another e-quake...infact, just do that.

Earthquake x3

Yero Thropp
30th October 2005, 12:23 AM
Let's finish this with a bang.

Dig yourself out of that situation as fast as you can; fly straight out of the ground and and high as you can, hopefully avoiding the first Earthquake. Before it pulls off the next Earthquake, give it a nice solid Blizzard to finish it off. If it still survives, end with Icy Wind.

Dig (back out, quickly to jump out with enough force to keep Florence airborne for a few seconds)~~Blizzard~~Ice Beam

Chris 2.1
30th October 2005, 06:42 AM
Yero VS Deus
Round 8

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 6% | 61% Fatigue
Poisoned - 16% damage next turn
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 9% | 65% Fatigue
Poisoned - 12% next round
Bleeding
Underground - Breathing difficult. Florence will expirience fatigue loss twice as fast while underground.

Deus: Earthquake x3
Yero: Dig ~~ Blizzard~~Ice Beam

BEGIN!

This was it - the final round, apparently. Fafnir and Florence, both keen fighters, were waiting to begin. When the ref threw his flags down, the match started. Quick as a flash, for she was not too deep underground, Florence burrowed frantically and burst out the earth, throwing herself up as a tremor shook the ground.

Landing, Florence blasted a frantic blizzard through the air. It smashed into Fafnir and threw him off course, freezing him up. Fafnir toppled over, defeated. Florence gave a cheer, but soon after the poison took its toll. With a sigh, Florence too, collapsed to the ground.

Trapinch/Fafnir (M): 0% | 61% Fatigue
VS
Cubone/Florence (F): 0% | 65% Fatigue

Yero Thropp is the winner! Congratulations! You and I both recieve 2 points. Deus, you fought well. Congratulations, you have earned 1 point.

Sorry the reffings took a while, you know how it is. Pleasure reffing for you both.

Yero Thropp
30th October 2005, 11:27 PM
Thanks, Chris!

Nice job, Deus, it was a close match!