PDA

View Full Version : Reviewers Beware! *ANNOUNCEMENT*

Gavin Luper
2nd October 2005, 12:45 AM
Hey everyone! :smilie:

Well, it's been a while (OK, way too long) since we had a functioning Fanfic Reviewers Organisation and I've been dying to revive it for awhile, so here is my "official" announcement that the Fanfic Reviewer's Organisation (FFRO in short) will be returning to TPM soon!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It seems that there's been a drop in people reading new fics, with many new fics getting only one or even no replies at all. So I think the return of the FFRO will help get more serious replies to fics and boost their readership.

As with last time I made a topic similar to this, what I'm looking for prior to setting the Organisation up is some people to rate the fics. Basically, if anyone is interested in reading fics and rating them with reference to things like Plot, Setting, Characters, Writing Style, etc, then please, reply to this topic in order to register your interest in reviewing! I know some people who are definitely interested, ie. some of the Raters from last time, but if you guys could reply here too if you are still interested, that would be good. I'll explain more about the selection of raters once we have some interest here, but for now, all I'm looking for is names of those who are interested in becoming Reviewers for the new Organisation. Any ideas, questions, queries and general musings are welcome in here, too!!

So, calling all critics!

Cheers!

The Decapitated Mole
2nd October 2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I'm interested. If memory serves, I still have a review that I need to do from last time, as a matter of fact. I should probably get on that. So what do I have to do to get back in?

o_0
jimm

Chris 2.1
2nd October 2005, 03:27 PM
I'm up for it. *signs dotted line unknowingly*

Gavin Luper
2nd October 2005, 10:01 PM
Good to see you guys back here!

TDM, to get back in basically everyone just needs to do a practice review, just to basically show that you can rate and review fairly. Of course, everyone from last time already did a practice review and I already know that you are fair reviewers, so I'll decide whether or not I make old raters do the practice, though it would probably be fairest to new reviewers if everyone was judged on the same criteria.

Also, I wouldn't bother with your outstanding review from last time - unless you really want to do it - because we'll be starting anew this time around.

Thanks for registering your interest guys.

"Interested" List:
Gavin Luper
The Decapitated Mole
Chris 2.0

Cheers!

mistysakura
2nd October 2005, 10:11 PM
Hi, I'm interested. Thanks for starting this up again, the forum needs it.

Mewfour
2nd October 2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah, whatthefuck. I'll do it. I'm bored to death.

Gavin Luper
2nd October 2005, 10:42 PM
Awesome, guys, thanks for signing up!!

"Interested" List:
Gavin Luper
The Decapitated Mole
Chris 2.0
mistysakura
Evil Mewf0ur

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
3rd October 2005, 12:49 AM
More than interested. ^_^ You know I love reviewing, Gavin. My schedule might get tough at times, but I'll work when I can.

And I still had a review to do for last time. I remember what it was, too; I was supposed to do Jimm's TMAOH. If I get into the organization, I can try to do it this time, if you like, or you can ask someone else to do it (since I failed to get further than halfway through the process before). Of course, that's if you still want it reviewed, Jimm. It'll be your call.

Gavin Luper
3rd October 2005, 03:26 AM
Thanks, mr_pika, I expected you to respond to this!

The reviews from last time can be added to the request list once I get the new Organisation set up. If the writers still want their fic reviewed, ie if Jimm still wants TMAOH rated, he can request it once the request topic is put up.

"Interested" List:
Gavin Luper
The Decapitated Mole
Chris 2.0
mistysakura
Evil Mewf0ur
mr_pikachu

Cheers!

Dragonfree
5th October 2005, 06:26 AM
Well, since I'm a hopeless catcher-upper, I should probably not list myself as "interested". Except maybe if my reviewing was limited to short works only... one-shots or something not too many chapters in.

Gavin Luper
5th October 2005, 07:21 AM
That's fine with me, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for coming back Dragonfree!

"Interested" List:
Gavin Luper
The Decapitated Mole
Chris 2.0
mistysakura
Evil Mewf0ur
mr_pikachu
Dragonfree

Cheers!

Pichu Luver
22nd October 2005, 09:03 PM
[font=garamond] Hiya, I'd be interested in reviewing fics, if you'll have me. I know I'm new and--technically--have only made one post in the fan fic section but, I believe you call me a 'closet reader'. Guess I should come out of the closet. Besides you need all the people you can get right? Eh, so long as their competent . . . So sign me up!

Gavin Luper
28th October 2005, 09:12 PM
Hi Asayake, welcome to the boards, and welcome to Fanfic! It's great to have a new member, and it's even better to see how keen you are. Thanks for volunteering ... the FFRO will 'begin' in about a month or so.

"Interested" List:
Gavin Luper
The Decapitated Mole
Chris 2.0
mistysakura
Evil Mewf0ur
mr_pikachu
Dragonfree
Asayake

Cheers!

darktyranitar
30th October 2005, 11:03 AM
In a month? I would like to see it running soon.

Oh, and while I'm posting here, I might as well join in. Altough, I may not be able to review each chapter with really great comment.

Gavin Luper
30th October 2005, 09:58 PM
Hi darktyranitar. Sooner would be great, obviously, but I have to get my TEE (exams) out of the way first. Plus, the more time we have to prepare, the more reviewers we'll get.

Thanks for adding your name.

"Interested" List:
Gavin Luper
The Decapitated Mole
Chris 2.0
mistysakura
Evil Mewf0ur
mr_pikachu
Dragonfree
Asayake
darktyranitar

Cheers!

Gavin Luper
25th November 2005, 10:00 PM
Now that exams are over, it should be another few days before I have the test organised and ready to send to everyone who is interested. So, everyone who is on this list will be PMed a practice review over the next week or so, so be prepared! The FFRO is about to return!

"Interested" List:
Gavin Luper
The Decapitated Mole
Chris 2.0
mistysakura
Evil Mewf0ur
mr_pikachu
Dragonfree
Asayake
darktyranitar

If anybody else is interested in becoming a fic-reviewer, post here within the next week and you can get the practice review also. The idea of the practice review is just to see that everyone is rating on roughly the same level, otherwise there would be huge discrepancies on scores given, and that would be unfair to the writers of the fics reviewed. :D

Okay then ... stay tuned, folks! I'll post here before I send the test out! You should have about 2 weeks to do the review (just to allow for late-comers), which means the FFRO should be back before Christmas!

Cheers!

Gavin Luper
7th December 2005, 12:59 AM
OK, prospective reviewers, this is your last chance (well, for the time being) to put your name down if you are interested in reviewing. The test is ready and finalised and the fic has been chosen. It's all set.

"Interested" List:
Gavin Luper
The Decapitated Mole
Chris 2.0
mistysakura
Evil Mewf0ur
mr_pikachu
Dragonfree
Asayake
darktyranitar

Good to see some new people volunteering as well as some old faces :D

Anyone else who wants to try their hand at Fanfic Reviewing, reply in this topic or PM me to register your interest.

I'll be sending out the test via PM either tomorrow or Friday, so everyone remember to check your PM inbox. I'll post a reminder in this forum also, just in case anyone forgets to. You'll have a fair whack of time to do the review in, but I doubt it will all be needed. Try to get them done as soon as you can.

Now, to speak to the author ... :biggrin:

Cheers!

darktyranitar
12th December 2005, 04:44 AM
Um, excuse me...

I have checked my PM inbox, and sadly the PM for this topic is not present.

Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe it's only me. But anyway Gavin, if that is the case could you PM me about the topic?

Alright, see you later! :smilie:

mr_pikachu
12th December 2005, 04:48 AM
Don't worry; it's not just you. Gavin just hasn't sent them out yet, that's all.

darktyranitar
12th December 2005, 07:33 AM
Really? Well, that's good to know.

Gavin Luper
12th December 2005, 11:43 PM
I'm really sorry guys, mr_pika's right, I haven't sent them out yet - I've been working literally every day since last monday, so I haven't had the time/energy to send them out. Tomorrow is my day off so I'll send them out then.

Cheers!

Gavin Luper
15th December 2005, 12:38 AM
PMs have been sent now. I opened a new thread for the next month, while you guys are doing the reviews, so check that thread for any info and to ask any questions.

Locking this topic now. :wink: