PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to mr_pikachu!

dratinihaunter13
4th October 2005, 04:57 AM
Congrats mr_pika, on your modship! We thought you'd make an awesome mod for a while now. Ask if you got any questions on anything, and i guess consider this as a thank you for all the stuff you've done for the forum already. ^_^ enjoy yourself...

mr_pikachu
4th October 2005, 05:23 AM
Wow! I'm in a little bit of shock right now, actually... And considering that I've known about this for a few hours, that's really something.

Thanks, dh! I'm looking forward to modding Fanfic. Hopefully I can live up to all of your expectations. ^_^

Gavin Luper
4th October 2005, 05:25 AM
Congratulations, mr_pikachu! We all agreed that you were definitely the best-suited person to become a new mod for Fanfic! You really deserve this modship, I'm sure you'll make an awesome mod for Fanfic. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM one of us.

Well Done once again!

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
4th October 2005, 05:29 AM
Thank you, Gavin! I really appreciate the support! And I'll certainly make sure to ask if I have any questions. Thanks!

mistysakura
4th October 2005, 06:48 AM
Congratulations mr_pika! So you finally got modded, after being an obvious choice for how many years now? Anyway, we all love ya and stuff (shown by us deciding on modding you), and I look forward to working with you for some time.

By the way, I would also like to take this opportunity to farewell PancaKe, who has been a great mod who livened the forums up and put enthusiasm into new ideas. It's been great modding with her, and the forums will just be different now. Well, I hope we'll still see you around.

mr_pikachu
4th October 2005, 06:55 AM
Heh, I don't know about being an "obvious choice", but thanks! I think the four of us will make a good team.

But it'll be a shame to have you off the staff, PancaKe. It's a little bittersweet, in a way. You know, taking the mod spot of such a great fanficcer. Here's hoping we'll still see you around Fanfic.

Well, I suppose I'd better go edit the list of moderators in the rules thread. It's going to be a lot different without you as a mod, PancaKe. Hopefully I'll do an okay job in your place.

Charizard04621
4th October 2005, 09:28 AM
What happened to Pancake? She was nice. :(

And yeah, I'm not exactly a frequenter of the Fanfic forum, but I thought it was pretty obvious that mr_pikachu was going to be the next candidate. Congrats ^_^;;

And unless Pancake was kicked off, you shouldn't really feel guilty - I took the mod spot of a great friend in RBY awhile ago, but it was because he stepped down of his own will... He even reccommended that I replace him, and you never know, Pancake might have suggested you. Eh, now that you can read TM, you'll probably be able to see what happened anyway, unless it was done behind the scenes via IMing L_P.

Good luck, and I hope you don't get disillusioned by the corruption. You should be fine unless TMM, Sooty, Deck Knight, or the like show up here very often anyway, and since they don't read =P I'm sure you'll be all right. Wish you a long and happy career, hopeful that when you retire it'll have been a great modship.

Lady Vulpix
4th October 2005, 12:03 PM
Tara resigned because she didn't feel she would be so active anymore. I'll miss her, but it was her decision.

Congratulations, mr_pikachu! Like everyone else said, you were the obvious choice and I'm glad you finally got the mod spot you deserved so much.

mr_pikachu
4th October 2005, 12:12 PM
Karin, Gabi, thank you! Thanks for taking the time to reply to this, even though I still haven't been able to get to either of your fics yet.

I don't think "guilt" is the best word to describe it, actually; maybe "awkwardness" is better. After all, I'm taking the spot of a longtime Fanficcer. But you're right; it's not as if Tara was thrown off the staff. Well, I certainly hope that I can be as good a part of this team as she was. :)

Thanks for all your encouragement, you two!

Chris 2.1
4th October 2005, 12:37 PM
Show me someone who deserves this better than you, Mr_P...

The answer?

No-one.

Easily the most active member of Fanfic, your brain contains a dictionary, thesaurus and copy of Microsoft word, as well as a copy of 'Teaching English: 100 complicated rules-of-thumb' somewhere there, too. I'm assuming your head is the size of a beachball with all that information?

Anyway, I'm getting carried away. Congrats on the modshipness, enjoy your life as an OFFICIAL grammar-pointer-outer!

Dark Sage
4th October 2005, 12:40 PM
No one deserves to be the new fanfic mod better than Mr. Pikachu. He reads everything!

Congratulations Mr. Pikachu. You earned it!

mr_pikachu
4th October 2005, 02:14 PM
Ha, thanks, Chris! No, I don't think I have that much information up there... but one can always dream! :biggrin:

And thank you, Brian! I appreciate the compliments! :cool:

Gavin Luper
5th October 2005, 03:45 AM
I know what you mean about replacing Tara, mr_pikachu. When I was modded I was replacing Andrew so it was really bittersweet, as he was a really brilliant mod for Fanfic. So I kind of get where you're comnig from there.

Anyways, 'farewell' (yet again) to Tara (I'll speak to you later) and congrats again mr_pikachu on your modship. But don't get drunk with power like I have. MUAHAHAHA! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

mr_pikachu
5th October 2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Tara's done a lot for the forum, and even before her modding days she was a great member. I hope she'll continue that. :)

And thanks again for the congrats! :biggrin:

PokePaul
6th October 2005, 10:03 PM
Congrats :)

Have only just discovered this place still exists cos it disappeared completely for a while I thought or maybe I was just being stupid. I'm glad anyway!

mr_pikachu
7th October 2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks, Paul!

Yeah, the forum did disappear for awhile, sort of. The server went down, so the forum had to be moved, first to a temporary location and then to a new server. So it was gone for a time, but it's back now. And I know you were reading Misty Returns!, so you'll be happy to hear that I've started reposting it. (A few threads were lost in the server move, and MR was one of the unfortunate casualties. But it's coming back now.) :)

Charles Legend
8th October 2005, 06:38 PM
I agree you are a good choice mr_pikachu, and it's like you told me you should not be so hard on yourself, as long as you do a good job don't go mad with power, you well be just fine....

~Charles Legend

Orion
8th October 2005, 11:32 PM
Wow. Just wow. Congratulations, mr_pikachu! I always thought you were an excellent member, and you fully earned a Mod position. This is also the best place for you indeed. I know you'll do a great job, and I hope you have a lot of fun with your new power. :)

I'm back into writing too, which means I might come here more frequently. You lose many things when you leave, hehe. Oh well... congrats again! See you around. :)

mr_pikachu
9th October 2005, 01:37 AM
Hey, thanks!

Charles: Everyone's worried about me becoming power-hungry! What, you all think I'm gonna obliterate the forum in a psychotic rampage? ;) Really, though, thank you very much! I'm glad you think I'll do a good job. :)

Orion: Hey, long time no see! I'm glad to hear you'll be spending more time back here in Fanfic. It'll be good to have you back. Thanks for your support! It's good to know that you think I'm a good member... ^_^ Hehe, thanks! I'll see you around, too!

Charizard04621
9th October 2005, 02:58 AM
No, no, I'm not worried about you becoming power hungry. I wasn't that, myself. I'm afraid of what power hungry people will do to you.

Gavin Luper
11th October 2005, 02:19 AM
Power hungry people like ... ME, perhaps? MUAHAHAHA!!

Well, I'm sure that mr_pikachu knows now that he has the full confidence of everyone in fanfic in his new position as mod and he's already well-adapted to the POWER of the MOD. Anyway, congratulations once again mr_pikachu on your well-deserved and very popular modding. :wink: This topic is now closed.

Cheers!