PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Help me create the "Universal Pokemon Battling FAQs(Yes.. RBY also ._.;)"!

Drederick
4th March 2003, 06:25 PM
Hello, none of you will most likely know who I am so let's get to the point.. I am also a GSC style Pokemon player. So what am I doing at the RBY board? Let me explain..

I am planning on making a website soon. I don't want to spend all my time on the internet doing nothing so I'll try to make something productive. So I decided to make a Universal Pokemon Battling FAQs. It will contain 251 movesets for Pokemon with Battling hints and a full on move list with descriptions and ratings. But I noticed something.. I waited waayy too long. With RuSa's release a Pokemon GSC FAQs would be in vain..

That's when I got another idea..! Make it truely universal. A RBY section for movesets, battling, etc. A GSC section and when it is released long enough to understand.. RuSa. Now here's the problem..

I've had maybe 5 max PBS battles. I know somethings about RBY but not enough to make a FAQs on.. so here's what I need help on..

"Can you submit to me:

~ RBY movesets-Commentry would be nice too

~ A Move with a description of what it does and a rating for it(ex: Growl, It takes attack down Rating: 2/5)

~ Tips for battling(Proffesional style, like PBS)"

That's what I need help with. You'll get full credit of course. All I need you to do is send it to:

tpokemonfaqs@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance to all who help! ._.;

Jay
5th March 2003, 12:27 AM
(ex: Growl, It takes attack down Rating: 2/5)

:o

Movesets >> Can't you create your own sets? It isn't that hard. People would refer to that site too much to just post standards as a team they supposedly 'created' here to get it rated. This is why the topic which had all the standards were removed some time ago

Move Descriptions >> Pokemon Stadium has this

Tips >> Maybe someone else can help you with this

RaZoR LeAf
5th March 2003, 02:11 AM
There's a standards list attached to one of my posts in the pokedex project topic in the Pokemasters.net forum.

Charizard04621
5th March 2003, 04:35 PM
Um, PX, you triple posted... O_o; *deletes two*

As for the topic itself, I've only got one thing to say. You know that in GSC you don't just create excellent movesets and throw a bunch of pokémon together... If you wanted to make this How To, I'd suggest some other approach. Team building advice first of all. Introduce synergy and team strategy. I mean, really. Six pokémon with awesome attacks and sucky synergy stil lose.

RaZoR LeAf
5th March 2003, 04:46 PM
Whoops... --; my computer was playing up. Sucky modem, it wasn't changing the post screen, and i didn't think to check.

But Char's right. A team of 6 standards means nothing unless you know how to use them. And even then you have to know when to use them and why you are using those moves. There may not be as much strategy as GCS, but there's enough to keep you guessing.