PDA

View Full Version : GameCube Recommendations

The_Missing_Link
9th October 2005, 06:12 PM
Ok, so I have a few GC games but I want to expand a bit more. I bought Prince of Persia: Sands of Time today but I wanted to know what other good games are out there that I could possibly be interested in. I primarily like adventure games like Wind Waker but I also want to try a first person shooter

Any suggestions?

Edit: Just to clarify, I have: SSBM, Soul Calibur II, Super Mario Sunshine, and WW

Knight of Time
9th October 2005, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I happen to have quite a few suggestions for GC.

One game that is a must get is Mario Kart: Double Dash!. If you like racing games, this one is a lot of fun. Two characters per kart is a lot of fun, and that is one reason why I like MK: DD over any previous Mario Kart game.

If you're into adventure, you could also try Pokemon Colosseum and/or Pokemon XD (fun, 3D Pokemon RPGs where you snag Pokemon from the Cipher organization, which turned them into Shadow Pokemon). I myself haven't played XD, but as the sequel to Pokemon Colosseum, it probably is a good bet.

I also tend to like Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. It's challenging, but it is plenty of fun, whether you like beating large, giant stages where the goal is to get out alive (Sonic/Shadow and Tails/Eggman; the last two characters have energy bars so you have to make sure their robot walkers don't run out of energy), or find three important treasures in the level (Knuckles/Rouge; you usually have to find randomly placed Master Emerald shards in their stages).

If you can find it, I also recommend the Zelda Collection. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find; if you had interest in this one, I recommend looking in an EB Games store.

Hope these suggestions are of any help to you.

The_Missing_Link
9th October 2005, 07:20 PM
I might get Pokemon XD one day but I'm losing interest in Pokemon. I'll also get Mario Kart sooner or later and I already have the Zelda Collection disc

PNT510
10th October 2005, 07:07 PM
[color=purple][b]If you want a FPS, Timesplitters 2 is pretty awesome(I haven't played 3, but I reckon it's good as well). I personally don't like them, but almost everyone seems to think the Metroid Prime games are also good shooters.

Tales of Symphonia is a great action RPG, and my personal favorite game on the system.

Mario Kart: Double Dash is great for multiplayer, single player gets old pretty quickly though.

Resident Evil 4 is considered a must have game by most gamecube owners. It's easily the best game in the series.

If you're a fan of Star Wars I definately say you should get Rogue Squadron II. I would skip the 3rd game though.

Pikmin 2, Viewtiful Joe(1&2), Animal Crossing, Paper Mario 2, Eternal Darkness, Baten Kaitos, Day of Reckoning 2(only if you like WWE), and the Donkey Konga games are also good games worth checking out.

Shadow Djinn
10th October 2005, 08:13 PM
I'm just going to do a simple list.

Tales of Symphonia
Gotcha Force (Extremely underrated game, once of the best action games IMO, but hard to find)
Fire Emblem (comes out next week)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Lawrence III_Fanatic
10th October 2005, 10:17 PM
If you're into platform games, you could check out the Spyro series on GC. I own the 1st one.. it's relatively easy, but fun, especially if you're familiar with the Spyro the Dragon games. Hmm.. what else. By WW do you mean Wario Ware or Wind Waker? Either way, both are swell games. :D Super Monkey Ball is a really fun multiplayer game. If you're into arcade shooters, give Ikaruga a try. It's very fun, but very challenging. Hmm, what else. I've seen my male friends play Crazy Taxi and it seems like a fun game. Also there's games from the Tony Hawk series, I thought those were fun.

Adz44
12th October 2005, 10:43 AM
Resident Evil 4. Easily the best 'Cube game I've played. Non-stop action all the way through and more twists than the 'Spaghetti Junction'. The complete overhaul really paid off.

Metroid Prime is quite good, too. Some really awkward bits, but I liked it.