PDA

View Full Version : PC Games Recommendations

Master Kirby
10th October 2005, 10:58 PM
I just built a new computer, which uses an AMD 64 3200+ processor, Nvidia 6600GT Graphics Card, and Windows XP Pro. I always had an Apple at home, so I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to video games for the PC.

What would be some recommeded games that would be worth getting? I prefer RTS and strategy over FPS. Older games would be ok, since I probably never played them anyways.

What games would you say are the best?

Razola
11th October 2005, 10:11 AM
World of Warcraft, Dawn of War, Black and White 2 are all good starts.

Master Kirby
11th October 2005, 10:59 AM
I've heard of WoW, and Black and White. What is Dawn of war like?

At the moment, I don't have internet access in the room I live in, so games that don't require a connection would be a must.

Have any of you played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, or Battle for Middle Earth?
I heard that KOTOR was good, and I think that Battle for Middle Earth 2 is coming out soon.

I have played Age of Empires. How similar are Empire Earth (2) or Rise of Nations?

Starry Might
11th October 2005, 02:13 PM
Have any of you played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, or Battle for Middle Earth?
I heard that KOTOR was good, and I think that Battle for Middle Earth 2 is coming out soon.
I've played "KOTOR" (got it for $13.98 early this year at a Target store - once again, Target clearances ROCK!), but I haven't beaten it (I should one of these days...).

It IS good, though, so definitely grab it if you get the chance! :biggrin::yes:

Crazy
11th October 2005, 03:10 PM
Well, I owned the Xbox versions of KOTOR and KOTOR 2. So I recommend both of those. I think think first was a bit better, but not by much.

Adz44
12th October 2005, 10:54 AM
Dawn of War is a great RTS game. My dad recently completed it and he really enjoyed it. Some nice character animations. Starcraft, despite being quite old now, is still a good game.

I know you're not keen on FPS games that much, but I recommend giving Half-Life and Half-Life 2 a go. The first game was excellent and sequel built on it (even if it was short).

Edit - Whoops. Didn't notice the 'no internet connection in your room' part. Ignore Half-Life 2 for the time being...lol

Drusilla
12th October 2005, 01:15 PM
Hehe, I don't have an internet connection at home either, so I completely understand.

Baldur's Gate, Original Saga (has BG and BG: Tales of the Sword Coast) is really good. Kind of primitive, but the story line is excellent. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and BGII: Throne of Bhaal (they come together in a package deal now) is the sequel; it has better graphics and a more interactive storyline (depending on what kind of character you have you'll get variants, such as romance lines, your "home base", ect.), and is a bit more of a challenge. I highly recommend this, because it's just so damn awesome and replayable, even if the RPG kind of deal isn't your norm. Neverwinter Nights is also awesome. Yay for the Forgotten Realms!

The Blue Avenger
13th October 2005, 08:00 PM
If you can find it, The Neverhood is definitely a game worth your time. Problem is, it's been out of production for some time now. It's a puzzle game, if you're into that sort of thing, and it will either be one of the best or one of the the most frustrating things you will ever play. But look into it.

Craig
20th October 2005, 03:08 PM
For a single player game, definitely Black & White 2. It is designed to be played singleplayer and is very entertaining. Dawn of War I only played the demo (I play actual warhammer, not warhammer computer games!) but I remember it being pleasant ;)

Master Kirby
20th October 2005, 04:01 PM
Do any of you know anything about Prince of Persia: Sands of Time? I got it free with my video card, but haven't played it yet.

Anyone know what date Age of Empires 3 comes out?

PNT510
20th October 2005, 10:03 PM
[b]Prince of Persia is an awesome Adventure/Platformer with some of the best puzzles around. I have it for XBox and I think it's just awesome, I'm not sure how well it would play with a keyboard and mouse though.