PDA

View Full Version : Where are the mods?

Asilynne
11th October 2005, 03:46 AM
From the moment I write this, its been two weeks (Since Sept. 28) since Kalah has been on, and even though JT and Gav have been on yesterday (the 10th) I dont see any posts!! Come on guys step it up! :mad: :mad: *frustration*

Heald
11th October 2005, 10:22 AM
1) This could've been PMed - it doesn't need its own topic.

2) Maybe the mods are busy.

3) Mods don't need to post - just to monitor. We don't want overactive mods who let power go to their head and then act like assholes because they can like Kris in Misc.

Yero Thropp
11th October 2005, 10:49 AM
Why don't you start another rp? I wasn't too interested in the one or two new ones that were recently made, but if you have an idea for one, perhaps you could make it?

A big reason the mods aren't posting might be because it's not their "turn," if you know what I mean. Maybe they were the last to post in a thread, or perhaps the last person to reply in a thread made it clear who was to post next. Finally, please don't take this offensive, because I don't mean to sound bitchy, but we have lives IRL that can get hectic. I once didn't show up for a site for two months because of time constraints.

Don't worry, all sites like this have moments when nobody seems to be posting. The truth is, most of the people actually are coming, they are just seeing that nobody posted yet and leave, because they're either too lazy to post that day, or it's not their "turn," or they only have enough time to read the posts.

Give em a break :cool2:. I think the mods here are doing a great job so far, especially the ones in ASB. As for the ones here, they'll be back... and hopefully so will the people role playing in the threads.

Razola
11th October 2005, 10:59 AM
3) Mods don't need to post - just to monitor. We don't want overactive mods who let power go to their head and then act like assholes because they can like Raz in fucking everywhere.Everyone in this thread is banned.

Yero Thropp
11th October 2005, 11:04 AM
:pirate: Gar, just try and ban me, you scurvy nave!

Oh, wait, you're a mod :eek:. Heh.. heh... j/k? :wink:

Charizard04621
11th October 2005, 11:47 AM
Eh, you should've seen ASB a year ago, mods there couldn't even ban jerks just from their forum (not even the whole of TPM) for very long even if they tried cuz the jerks had support from "higher up".

Drusilla
11th October 2005, 11:52 AM
I personally can account for two of the mods, and their absences. Kalah is a freshman in college, and I really hope that I don't have to explain as to why that's a big deal. Jeff's internet has been dead, but has recently been restored; however, this is his last week of classes, so I imagine that he's busy as well.

As for Gav, well... he's *always* kind of "there" but not really active.

Brandy, I know that you have ways to get in contact with Kalah and Jeff off of the boards. I get the feeling that what you're fishing for isn't so much as a 'where the hell are they' kind of movement but a 'let's get some new mods who are active'.

Oh, and Raz, that is soooo spamming, sah... Yero, you're not helping either. I don't think there should be a problem with this thread as long as it stays on topic and doesn't become a bloody spam-fest.

</mini-mod>

Heald
11th October 2005, 12:19 PM
Anyone who has even an ounce of experience in the RPG forum will know that Gav is always busy (read: lazy).

Drusilla
11th October 2005, 12:22 PM
Anyone who has even an ounce of experience in the RPG forum will know that Gav is always busy (read: lazy).

I was *attempting* to be nice, concidering that Gav doesn't like me anyway...

Outlaw JT
11th October 2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah....... Kind of have a really huge final I've been studying for and a project that is pretty much the biggest piece of code I've assembled in my life that I've been working on. I haven't had much time to post anything but I do keep my eye on the forum for problems such as posts or threads that break the rules. This topic kind of qualifies so I will be closing it now. No repercussions, just a reminder that issues like this need to be brought up via PM UNLESS you have the approval of an admin, or two mods. I understand your trepidation over the seeming inactivity but as someone said we do have lives too. Even though I may not post as often as I might like I do still keep a regular watch over the forum and my PM box is always open to anyone who has issues inside of RPG.

That said, topic closed. Have more questions or comments, PM them unless you get permission from an admin or two mods to post them publicly.

Ultimate Charizard
14th October 2005, 01:36 PM
Throwing in my two cents..or pennies...i dunno how the exchange rate works.

I Do feel somewhat insulted at this. I am always active. Im on these Boards virtually every damn day reading etc however as it has been said before RPG is generally filled with intelligent and more 'well behaved' (at least i think) posters so there is less cleanup work than in the other forums. Thats why the mods dont post that much.

As for my own lack of presence in any RPG sense i may find time to get on here but not enough to commit to an RPG. I have ideas for RPG's of my own but no time to run them. And which is worse. Me not posting or me making some halfassed effort which then dies and ends up added to the large pile of inactive rpg's we were complaining about not too long ago.