PDA

View Full Version : AIM Problems

Perfect Chaos
15th October 2005, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I'm having problems with my AIM, as you can tell from my topic subject. Now for the problem:

Whenever I'm on AIM and I open ANY new window (New IM window, chat window, Buddy Profile window, etc.) and then I want to close it, my computer "pauses" for a second and then AIM "unexpectedly" quits on me. I've tried un-installing AIM and re-installing it as well, but it doesn't help at all. Anyone else might know what the problem and/or how to solve it?

BTW, I have a Mac computer and use Mac OS X, if that has anything to do with the problem.

P.S. If this topic is in the wrong area, then I'm sorry, but please just move it for me.

-$∑@π

homeofmew
30th November 2005, 11:09 PM
no this is the right forum to put this in. Sounds like your Aim has a scripting problem :)
if it repeatlly doing this, er try downloading the nesest version, where you have to make a new name, ect.
that might work.

Perfect Chaos
24th December 2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the advice, but unfornately, damn AIM doesn't ever feel like updating their program for Macintosh anymore...bastards

-sean

andyizcool
24th December 2005, 03:45 PM
You could try GAIM. It lets you log onto AIM, MSN, Yahoo, IRC, ICQ, and more. It's never failed me. ;)

mr_pikachu
24th December 2005, 05:08 PM
Trillian's another option that usually works well. It connects to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, IRC, and ICQ. You have to already have accounts in the various messengers to use Trillian for each one, but that shouldn't be a problem for you using AIM.

You can download Trillian here (http://www.trillian.cc/).