PDA

View Full Version : POL (Pokemon Online): Download?

Haris
17th October 2005, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know where I can download the old beta version of the Pokemon Online game (POL) or does anyone have it and would be willing to give me it? I have been looking all over the internet but I still can't find it. POL was an online RPG created by a guy called Konidias. He used to have a website at http://web.archive.org/web/20001017084604/http://www.pokemonol.com/ and www.bulbagarden.com/pol.

Vineon
19th October 2005, 03:30 AM
no clue what this is

Roy Karrde
19th October 2005, 01:49 PM
I dont know how many people remember this since it happened a good five or so years ago. Anyway I was lurker around Bulbagarden when it happened. This guy showed up named Konidias and claimed to be working on a Pokemon Online game, the game was going to be the MMORPG of all MMORPGs. He quickly had screenshots of a test product up and a paint program where people could design their characters. The idea of it was a MMORPG set in the Pokemon world where people could do anything from having jobs in which you create Pokeballs, to parties, to running your own gym. Well everyone bought into the idea and it spurred several twenty or so page topics. Konidias eventually got a Beta test engine up where you could walk around a small world which had one house. Anyway the Beta test was offline but still it got people excited.

Eventually infomation began to come slower and slower about Pokemon Online, the Beta test engine was the height of the craze. Afterwards it seemed the project was plagued with problems from not having a server to problems finding the right engine. People who had donated money started calling Konidias a fraud and someone just out for money. Eventually after several restarts and a dwindling group of support, Konidias said that he had been contacted by Nintendo and had to stop the project due to Copy Right Infringement or something along the lines of that. Anyway hope that clues some people in on what happened.

Haris
22nd October 2005, 02:42 PM
does anyone out there have the beta version of POL they could give me or know where i could download it? please

Haris
13th November 2005, 11:21 AM
does anyone have the POL download?

Dark Scizor
27th November 2005, 04:52 PM
I remember another group planning something similar just after R/S got released in Japan. They called their project something like Rising Sun Online or something though.

Sayo Koishikawa
12th December 2005, 08:52 PM
I think I may have heard of it, but I've never actually checked it out. Sorry for being useless.