PDA

View Full Version : [GAME] TWG Round 5

Green Lanturn
18th October 2005, 08:01 PM
Mod Approved by Zak

The Werewolf Game
Round 5

For any questions, the rules can be found here. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=35031)

Cast
Dark-San
Kris
Krystalline Kabutops
Leon-IH
Magmar
Plantae
Sesshomaru
Tainted
Vulpix.ck87
Weasel Overlord
Yero Thropp
Zcade0

Roles Alive
Villager
Seer
Guardian Angel
Mason(x1)
Werewolf(x2)

Day 1

The villagers of this sleepy mountain vale wake in the morning to find the midwife screaming and pointing at a bloodied corpse. "He's dead," she mumbles, "The mayor is dead!" The mayor is indeed dead, and the bloodied wounds and scratch marks can only lead to one thing. Werewolves.

"What are we to do?" The crowd whispers amongst themselves, before one of the more outspoken villagers stands up and yells for silence.

The villager boisterously bellows from the podium in the square. "We'll root these wolves out!" The crowd cheers to this remark, some of them less enthusiastic than others. Pulling down the Ballot Box, he continues, "We'll place this box here on the podium. We'll vote on who we think is a Werewolf, and when the afternoon comes," he pauses for dramatic effect, "we'll lynch 'em!" The crowd murmurs agreement, and several people immediately begin writing out names.

Werewolves Win!

Magmar
18th October 2005, 09:02 PM
I'll of course choose not to vote this time, but so far you're doing a good job of setting the game up!

Plantae
18th October 2005, 09:53 PM
Indeed. You and Charizard04621 are both easily capable of hosting. I guess I'll be here a little earlier, but only to remain neutral.

Yero Thropp
19th October 2005, 12:50 AM
Believe it or not, I have an accusation.

Many a time have I played this game IRL, and many a time have I been the host who decides who is a werewolf (actually we played mafia members, but it's the same difference,) and who was the townsfolk. Sometimes, I would play with a few people who didn't know how to play, so as the host I would usually not pick them to be in the mafia for the first game, so that they could get used to playing.

With this knowledge, I looked into the past games' player rosters, and figured out every new player or dropped player that was added and/or dropped in the next games following. What I learned was that mostly everyone here is a veteran, except me. I'm the new guy.

So, the first part of this post is to hopefully dispel any thoughts now or in the future of me being a werewolf. Now, for my accusation...

I copied the list of everyone in this game, and added what parts they have played in the past:

Dark-San: Werewolf, Villager
Kris: Werewolf, Villager (or mason; could not find out for second game), Mason, Villager
Krystalline Kabutops: Seer, Villager, Mason
Leon-IH: Mason, Werewolf, Villager, Werewolf
Magmar: Mason, Werewolf, Villager, Guardian Angel
Plantae: Host, Seer
Sesshomaru: Villager, Werewolf, Villager, Mason
Tainted: Werewolf Villager (or mason; could not find out for second game), Seer, Werewolf
Vulpix.ck87: Villager, Villager, Werewolf, Werewolf
Weasel Overlord: Seer, Werewolf, Villager, Werewolf
Yero Thropp: Newbie.
Zcade0: Villager, Guardian Angel, Guardian Angel, Villager

And of course, we cannot forget our host:
Green Lanturn: Guardian Angel, Villager (or mason; could not find out for second game), Werewolf, Villager

I feel the need to point out that once you are a werewolf, you are RARELY a werewolf again for the next game. In fact, I believe Vulpix.ck87 was the only person who was a werewolf consecutively.

So, for the last game, we had:
Werewolves: Vulpix.ck87, Tainted, Leon IH, Weasel Overlord

Our host, Green Lanturn, may feel a bit of a grudge against these four, since they DESTROYED the villagers last game, however Mr. Lanturn may also feel that since none of these four died, they must have done a decent job of being a werewolf.

I highly doubt that Vulpix is a werewolf for the third time in a row; apparently Vulpix was hardly active last round, if I remember correctly, so I know that I wouldn't choose Vulpix again as a werewolf. In fact, I would guess that Vulpix is someone with a smaller role, with the fear that Vulpix is not active often. This may help explain why Vulpix has not gotten a bigger role other than Villager or Werewolf.

As for Zcade, what are the odds that Z is the guardian angel again? It's very possible, and I would guess probable, looking at his past, that Zcade is taking the plunge to the dark side for this game (werewolf.) Although it would be an interesting twist if Zcade was in fact the Guardian Angel again :biggrin:

Weasel, Tainted, and Leon were werewolves last game, so I wouldn't count on them being a werewolf again this game, if I was going by the pattern of people picked for what part.

Kabutops and Plantae have yet to be a werewolf, and Magmar hasn't been a werewolf in a long time. Sesshomaru is another bet for werewolf, but my guess is he's either Seer or Guardian Angel this game (just a feeling in the gut.) Kris hasn't been a werewolf in a while either.

Finally; the only real evidence I have is the past of Green Lanturn to go by; I don't think he would put werewolves that he knew were together in one game together in this game. I'm thinkin that because it's his first game hosting, he'll want one wolf he knows will be hard to find with three other not-so-good ones (good, meaning how they posted in the past, whether or not they won, etc.) He'll want to even it out as much as possible.

During Plantae's first game host, Green Lanturn was first Guardian Angel; if Green Lanturn remembered that, he may have chosen Plantae as the Guardian Angel for GL's first time hosting.

I'm also guessing that GL will go with someone aggressive for a werewolf. I'm taking the plunge and voting, believe it or not, Dark-San. Just read page 3 of Round 4, and you will see what I mean about aggressive... also, if you read that page, you will notice that GL voted Dark-San as a werewolf after much deliberation, and was wrong.

Of course, I could have this all wrong; it'll be just my luck if GL comes out and says that he's using some electronic randomizer to choose roles :cool:.

And knowing my luck, the wolves are going to kill me off first... though some may think my logic is stupid and worthless, understand at least I HAVE some sense of logic, and once players start whittling away, my logic will become sharper, more clear... werewolves, beware...

Charizard04621
19th October 2005, 01:32 AM
I'm not playing, I really shouldn't haunt this place =P But yeah, I used a randomizer last round. <3 TI-89 ^_^;;;

Green Lanturn
19th October 2005, 05:27 AM
Ill allow a couple more hours for voting(considering we actually have a vote on the field now).

Oh, and for your data, Yero, I was a Mason in Round 2,lol.

~GL

Green Lanturn
19th October 2005, 09:28 AM
Well, seing as nobody else wishes to say anything, we can continue. Lets just say that the humans have already taken a big blow.

Aftermath:Day 1

Dead:
Dark-san(Guardian Angel)

Night 1 begins.

Werewolves, send me your votes.

~GL

Yero Thropp
19th October 2005, 12:32 PM
((Man, all that work gone to waste... and to top it off, I ended up killin off the guardian angel. wtf. I'm done talking from now on, lol.))

Plantae
19th October 2005, 03:31 PM
I think it'd be a safe bet to make sure that no vote can be decided by one person voting alone from now on, but you did adhere to the rules well Green Lanturn.

Charizard04621
19th October 2005, 04:12 PM
Right, that can be revised for future use. By the way, Plantae, were you still planning on twisting up the rules? ^_^;

(What the hell am I still doing here?)

Plantae
19th October 2005, 04:36 PM
Eventually. I suppose I should work on it, heh.

Green Lanturn
19th October 2005, 05:37 PM
I agree on you guys on that. Oh well, a revision for Round 6 then.

Im still waiting for the werewolf votes guys, so please send me your votes wolves.

~GL

Tainted
19th October 2005, 08:09 PM
Assuming makes an ass out of u and out of me, but I'm voting for zcade. He's the only one who has never been a wolf.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Green Lanturn
19th October 2005, 08:47 PM
Assuming makes an ass out of u and out of me, but I'm voting for zcade. He's the only one who has never been a wolf.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Um, Tainted, it is still Night 1. Votes are not cast until the Day.

And thus far ive only received one wolf vote, so Im extending the Night Period for a bit longer. Dont worry humans, Day will be on us soon enough.

~GL

Green Lanturn
20th October 2005, 06:24 AM
Well, I have received two of the Werewolf votes, so that is enough to eliminate someone.

Aftermath:Night 1

Dead:
Dark-san(Guardian Angel)
Weasel Overlord(Mason)

Begin Day 2 voting now please.

~GL

Tainted
20th October 2005, 06:55 AM
Zcade for reasons stated prior.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Weasel Overlord
20th October 2005, 07:44 AM
Wha?? *Looks confused* Poor ol me...dead already...you big wolfy meanies!

Magmar
20th October 2005, 09:02 AM
I really hate to do this, but my accusation is going to lie on Yero Thropp, the newbie. He's put waay too much thought into accusing these wolves, although he clearly realizes that they are indeed chosen at random. It feels as though he's just trying to save his own ass from being voted off, judging on stereotypes and personal preference. I believe that Green Lanturn truly chose at random. Therefore, I'm personally going to vote on Yero Thropp early on, because I think he's a threat to us, and will try to use "Deductive logic" to kill villagers. He already killed the guardian angel, and with one mason down, this leaves the other mason *cough* rather helpless. My vote's on him.

Vulpix.ck87
20th October 2005, 09:25 AM
I don't know whether Yero Thropp is a wolf or not, but he's certainly damaging to the home team -_- no guardian angel now, pah. Nevertheless, i don't think i'll vote for him.

Very few werewolf votes were received so it could be a non-active player, and since i can't really be sure who it is i'll vote off someone who's not around much anyway.

I vote Sesshomaru.

Kris
20th October 2005, 03:57 PM
Im agreeing with Mamar that Yero thropp was to quick to jump to conclusions, so I am voting for Yero Thropp

Zcade0
20th October 2005, 06:26 PM
Nuteralnessness

'The random factors align' the one guy out of Master of the Five Magics

Green Lanturn
20th October 2005, 09:01 PM
Well, it seems like we have gotten in pretty much all of the votes that we are going to get today. Its been a good, 13 hours of voting time, so without further ado...

Aftermath:Day 2

Dead:
Dark-san(Guardian Angel)
Weasel Overlord(Mason)
Yero Thropp(Villager)

Begin Night 2, send in your votes wolves.

Plantae
20th October 2005, 09:02 PM
I vote for Zcade0. Tainted makes an obvious and logical point.

Plantae
20th October 2005, 09:02 PM
Well, I missed it by a bit. Just disinclude me and continue Green Lanturn. On to Night, and the Day again.

Green Lanturn
20th October 2005, 09:10 PM
Alright Plantae.

Zcade0, you life was literally on the line by a couple of seconds.

So, Plantae, i assume im not including this as a Doom vote, considering you did vote, just...27 seconds too late,lol. No doom vote there.

As I said then, begin Night 2.

Dark-San
20th October 2005, 11:29 PM
[b][size=3] Just return from Ops standby after being deployed for 4 days.

I didn't even get a chance to play this one yet and I'm already dead.

All best to the rest of the villagers!

Green Lanturn
21st October 2005, 02:12 PM
Well, once again I receive two votes, but it is enough.

Aftermath:Night 2

Dead
Dark-san(Guardian Angel)
Weasel Overlord(Mason)
Yero Thropp(Villager)
Vulpix.ck87(Seer)

Begin voting for day 2

Magmar
21st October 2005, 03:23 PM
4 villagers and 4 werewolves.
can we still win??

Zcade0
21st October 2005, 06:51 PM
I almost died!!! O_o.....

anyway, I vote Plantae well, time 2 go take a nap.

Zcade0
21st October 2005, 06:56 PM
out of randomness... can I host next? I was ether the first or second person here so I should get a chance real soon.

Green Lanturn
21st October 2005, 07:12 PM
Actually, supposing the villagers actually manage to vote off a wolf everyday, and then the 50/50 at the end comes up in their favor, there is still a chance the villagers could win.

And Zcade0, i dont see a problem with that. I guess that is up to Plantae , who actually started the game.

~GL

Yero Thropp
21st October 2005, 08:03 PM
((Ouch, I'm dead... darn, Zcade had my next vote, too... well, I can't say I didn't see it coming. Oh, and btw Magmar, I probably should have made it more clear, but I didn't clearly know that it was literally a randomizer that chose parts; I thought "randomizer" was just a phrase used to mean, "I've 'randomly' chosen." But anyway, I probably would have been mad had you guys not picked me after what I did :).))

Magmar
21st October 2005, 11:25 PM
I've been feeling that Plantae is a wolf.

Kris
22nd October 2005, 09:55 AM
I believe that Zcade is a wolf

Plantae
22nd October 2005, 04:12 PM
The logic continues to make sense to me, thus my vote is for Zcade0.

Green Lanturn
22nd October 2005, 07:40 PM
Well, seeing as we have a tie, and nobody else hs voted, the only thing we can do is flip a coin. Plantae=heads,Zcade0=tails. Winner lives.......*flip*.........heads.

Aftermath:Day 3

Dead:
Dark-san(Guardian Angel
Weasel Overlord(Mason)
Yero Thropp(Villager)
Vulpix.ck87(Seer)
Zcade0(Werewolf)

Well, Zcade0 wasnt lucky the second time around. Unfortunately, another wolf-kill approaches. Begin voting for Night 3 wolves.

~GL

Magmar
23rd October 2005, 09:07 AM
Can a wolf doom out?

Zcade0
23rd October 2005, 01:40 PM
*beep*

well, I can';t die next time, yay!

BTW, the next ones gona be a bit different. :biggrin:

*goes off to make COMPLETELY new rules (exept the main ones)*

Tainted
23rd October 2005, 03:42 PM
Well, guess I was right.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Charizard04621
23rd October 2005, 04:16 PM
Heh... Did Plantae even agree to allow zcade0 to host? And yeah, Magmar, that's how all the inactive wolves tend to go - dooms.

Green Lanturn
23rd October 2005, 05:11 PM
....well, thanks to magmar, i realized i forgot the doom-vote counts, and who died by them.

Fortunately, this doesnt have an effect on any of the voting right now, but I must add to the list of the dead. These, as well as the wolf kill.

Aftermath:Night 3(and doom votes)

Dead
Dark-san(Guardian Angel
Weasel Overlord(Mason)
Yero Thropp(Villager)
Vulpix.ck87(Seer)
Zcade0(Werewolf)
Tainted(Villager)
Leon-IH(Werewolf)*DOOMED
Krystalline Kabutops(Villager)*DOOMED
Sesshomaru(Villager)*DOOMED*

Unfortunately, there are now more wolves than humans, so I am forced to pronounce, Wolves win Round 5!

Well, hopefully the humans can step it up in the next round, whoever may be hosting(which is up to Plantae)

I only ask that whomever is starting the next round, wait at least until tuesday, for the simple reason that, im in Florida....and hurricane wilma calls.

Oh well.

~GL

Plantae
23rd October 2005, 06:40 PM
Zcade0, you are allowed to host, but I ask that you wait until Wednesday. If you would like to audit the rules, please send the modified version to me via email or private message.

On a side note, another victory to the Wolves. My compliments to Magmar and Tainted for their intuition, and Zcade0, thanks for taking one for the team there...

Magmar
23rd October 2005, 11:23 PM
*looks around*
...it's just me left??
Oh, and Kris, and you, Plantae... hello... wait, two wolves and just a mason left...

If you couldn't read between the lines, I was the other mason.

The Doomed need to be contacted via PM to make sure they're still interested in playing.

Charizard04621
24th October 2005, 08:03 AM
Er, not to be nitpicky, but why did they doom out only after Day 3??? Nobody receives a doom vote on the first day.

If a player does not vote, they receive a doom vote. If a player receives three doom votes, they are killed. This is not valid for the first day of voting.

Kris
24th October 2005, 08:20 AM
Horay we win! I have to hand it to Plantae though who had some great tactics!

Plantae
24th October 2005, 03:44 PM
Don't worry Charizard04621, I noticed that too, but the people that had not voted would have doomed out anyway. Also, because of discrepancy in the original rules, Wolves should receive a win when both sides are equal. Thus, I decided it wasn't worth pointing out.

Zcade0
24th October 2005, 04:42 PM
*comes back with REALLY long list of rules*

In the next one there will be a few new people and I WILL chose a wittness btw. And the seer will get his/her power differentated.

I'll put it up wednsday.

Oh, and your welcom Plantea

Dark-San
26th October 2005, 09:56 AM
[b][size=3] So whats the new surprise in Game 6?

Care to reveal a bit of it?

Zcade0
26th October 2005, 05:29 PM
JJ about the long list, there will be a few new peeps and the seer will get a new power.