PDA

View Full Version : Eww, fat...

Mr.Pokemon
19th October 2005, 12:27 AM
Ugh, I just topped 175 lbs. :eek: Not to mope around since it's my fault I don't excerise enough anymore except around the college campus. Gosh, I feel so depressed, will someone please pass the ice cream and pizza. :rolleyes:

dienamight
19th October 2005, 06:18 AM
Maybe you should do something about it instead of sulking on an online message board, fatty.

Master of Paradox
19th October 2005, 07:45 AM
I used to weigh 390 pounds. Between over a year of Weight Watchers and my regular walks, I'm down to 210 pounds.

So in other words, you know not what "fat" is.

Lawrence III_Fanatic
19th October 2005, 05:15 PM
Meh everyone has their own opinion of what fat is.

*takes a moment to admire Master of Paradox's title/picture* omfg tonberry. THAT BASTARD. I used to despise him. Til I realized he was a dandy way to level up and get elixers. n_n

In any case, if you're feeling bad about your weight, do something. If not excersize, at least try to be more considerate of what you're eating. I always feel better about my weight if I can cut down on the amount I eat, or eat healthier.

Crazy
19th October 2005, 06:06 PM
Damn, way to make a guy feel great about himself.(sarcasm) I'm currently at 170.

Legends-Kuja
19th October 2005, 06:09 PM
They NEED Tonberry in Kingdom Hearts 2

And I'm around 170 as well (I'm not that tall or fat, so how I'm 170 pounds is sorta beyond me)

Crystal Mew
19th October 2005, 06:21 PM
We just bought a treadmill, so I have been using that ^_^

even though I'm not "fat" ... but if I lost 5 vanity pounds, that would be cool

The Decapitated Mole
19th October 2005, 06:58 PM
Hooray for being 140 pounds!!

Yeah... if you want a good way to lose weight, take up DDR. Not that I was ever fat before, but it's keeping me in shape since I dropped soccer this year.

picnicker_kes
19th October 2005, 07:17 PM
Meh. I'm only 5'2 and I weigh 130.

I was at 108 for a few years, literally, but I started eating two lunches instead of one and, mm, off I went. XD;

I know I'm not fat, but sometimes I feel it. So you're not alone. Heh heh. XD

en0miz
19th October 2005, 07:30 PM
It's funny how most people claim that when you go off to college, you'll gain the infamous freshman fifteen... I think I've lost weight since I've been here though. Probably because the food sucks most of the time. ;(

Lawrence III_Fanatic
19th October 2005, 08:29 PM
For the record, I weight 40894958 lbs.

Since we're all being vain and sharing.

Magmar
20th October 2005, 12:35 AM
I weigh about 160, and am 5'9". But, I am not heavy. I'm not in perfect shape, but I work out/exercise, so it isn't fat weight. I've been losing weight, and aside from the smores I enjoyed with friends over 6 hour horror movie night, I haven't eaten junk food or meat in weeks. :) Its not that hard... just WILL yourself to lose the weight!

darktyranitar
21st October 2005, 02:59 AM
The title attracted me to post in :biggrin:.

Hey, don't fell too bad about your weight. If you're worried about it, then do something about it, and not sitting in front of the PC :p.

BTW, it's now fasting month at my place, so I don't really worry about my weight. Though some people actually gained weight after a whole month of fasting, with the amount of food they eat at the end of a day of fasting.

Kris
21st October 2005, 05:03 AM
To be honest I dont know what I weigh in pounds and we dont measure like that generally in the UK. I weigh 11 stone which Im not happy with and I am trying to cut down on snacks, fatty food and try to do more exercise.

But doesnt seem to work :(

Katie
21st October 2005, 04:54 PM
my weight hasn't been changing much this year but I see my belly getting more pokey-outy lately because I eat lunch with 3 guys with uber metabolism who decide to go get pizza every freakin day. grr @.o o but good news on my weight, my scale at home apparently is 13 lbs off lol. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and was like "holy shit 110 when did that happen I was 123 this morning" 8D tiem2get new scale.

Dark Scizor
21st October 2005, 06:24 PM
Ugh, I just topped 175 lbs. :eek: Not to mope around since it's my fault I don't excerise enough anymore except around the college campus. Gosh, I feel so depressed, will someone please pass the ice cream and pizza. :rolleyes:

Get off of your ass more often and do some more exercise.

I'm 6'00" and I weight about 162lbs. I'm quite thin to be honest, I need to gain a bit more weight for vanity points at the gym.

Jeff
22nd October 2005, 04:16 PM
I'm about 5'7'', 140 lbs. and the only exercise I get is walking around my college campus, and when I'm at home, running up the stairs whenever I want a snack. Then again maybe that is alot of exercise :P. But yeah, if you want to lose weight, I hear there's a whole world outside of the Internet ;).

AntiAsh Superstar
22nd October 2005, 04:17 PM
Umm... I still maintain that people need to post their HEIGHTS when moaning about their weight because shock, horror, THE TALLER YOU ARE THE HEAVIER YOU WILL WEIGH. I mean, sure, you can complain legitimately about how you weigh 10lb more than people you literally see eye-to-eye with but if you tower above everyone else gee whizz, no wonder you're heavier. Here's something to either alleviate your mind or depress you further. :)

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/body_weight/healthy_weight/chart.htm

Mr.Pokemon
22nd October 2005, 05:31 PM
Hmm, according to the chart, I'm not that overweight after all. I'm 5'11, so I guess 175 is an okay weight, though could be better. Thanks for that.

Heald
22nd October 2005, 05:54 PM
I'm 6ft and 14.5 stone, but that's because I'm built like a brick ****house, due to all the sport and weight-lifting I do.

Just because my muscles are huge doesn't mean I'm overweight.

AntiAsh Superstar
22nd October 2005, 06:20 PM
OMFG HEALD IS 14.5lbs. THAT IS LIGHTER THAN A VERY LARGE BAG OF SUGAR, LIEK ONE THAT IS 15lbs. Uh, I think. X)

Tho I get yer meaning and totally agree, there's a stupid amount of things that ought to influence whether you're overweight or not that simply don't get taken into account.

Agent Elrond
22nd October 2005, 07:10 PM
Hee hee, how much you weigh really doesn't matter. It's what you can do that counts. Honestly, it's better to be overweight than underweight. In fact, up until the 1910s it was stylish to be a little on the ample side, it showed you were rich enough to feed yourself well and weren't about to die of starvation.

Btw, I am 5'6" and weigh somewhere around 155-160 lbs. This puts me right at over the top at the "healthy range" meter on the site Ade provided. This must mean I am carrying around roughly ten lbs of extra muscle. Go me.

Kyl3
22nd October 2005, 09:58 PM
105~ 5'0 here but I work out and excersice a lot...

BTW AntiAsh Superstar... HIM rocks.

Crystal Mew
22nd October 2005, 11:23 PM
I just weighed myself on my scale, and it says I weigh about 127/128 pounds...and I am 5'7"

I am in the normal range I guess. a few years back I was in the underweight range. go me

Heald
23rd October 2005, 04:15 AM
OMFG HEALD IS 14.5lbs. THAT IS LIGHTER THAN A VERY LARGE BAG OF SUGAR, LIEK ONE THAT IS 15lbs. Uh, I think. X)Haha, damn, stupid mistake to make, I editted lbs to stone.

Crazy
23rd October 2005, 07:27 AM
Well I'm 5'9 close to 5'10.....Hmmm according to this I'm still overweight. I don't look like a lardass though.

mr_pikachu
23rd October 2005, 04:40 PM
I'm 5'10" and about 175 lbs., so I'm technically very slightly overweight. Although I think this is a rough scale, especially since I do a lot of martial arts training and I don't seem heavy, either to myself or to sparring opponents. Actually, it seems like I'm quite agile... hrm.

Tainted
24th October 2005, 07:05 AM
I'm 6'1 and I weigh 160lbs. I weighed around 180-185 at the beginning of grade nine (two years ago, it should also be noted I was 5'10), yeah, I was a little tub. So I started working out more, doing heavy cardio, and dropped a bunch of weight and put on some muscle mass. In retrospect I wish I would've put up with my fatness and not done as much cardio, as it's much easier to put on muscle mass when you're fat.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Kris
24th October 2005, 09:27 AM
According to that Im slightly overweight:(

Chieng Vui Leng
24th October 2005, 09:43 AM
Fat? I'm the one who's fat. Before I came to Australia I weighed 55kg. It's been eight months, and I now weigh 70kg. :eek: (For those who use pounds, 1 pound = 0.454 kg)

Gosh.

Toxicity
24th October 2005, 03:38 PM
5'3" and 160 pounds...I'm the real fatass here. ._.;;

Arnen
24th October 2005, 06:30 PM
I'm around 5'7", and last time I was weighed I was 165 lbs. So I'm around five pounds overweight. Doesn't matter too much, plus I lost a some of weight doing nothing over the summer.

RedStarWarrior
25th October 2005, 01:21 AM
I am 230 and proud of it. Of course, it isn't fat. Anyway, my girlfriend weighs only 112.

Dark Scizor
25th October 2005, 11:37 AM
Fat? I'm the one who's fat. Before I came to Australia I weighed 55kg. It's been eight months, and I now weigh 70kg. :eek: (For those who use pounds, 1 pound = 0.454 kg)

Gosh.

You could have said kg to lbs is *2.2 or somewhere near that region.

Katie
25th October 2005, 05:38 PM
wow a feet/pounds chart /late. I've been looking for something like that for ages, the best I could ever find told me I should be anywhere from like 80-180lbs. gee thanks crap chart.
according to this one I'm right on the line between normal and underweight. which is pretty cool I guess, thin is in, and normal is healthy so I'm healthy and "in"? 8) score.

Magmar
25th October 2005, 09:22 PM
I'm actually near the overweight range, which is surprising seeing my build. Everyone yells at me telling me I'm not fat, but of course I'll never listen (everyone has something about themselves they don't like. mine's my weight--slow metabolisms SUCK). I've got some muscle, but a little pudge I could stand to lose. It's not much though... I could probably get a pretty well defined six pack by Valentine's day.

By the way what ARE stones? I've never heard of that scale in 19 years of existence before this thread! :eek:

Lawrence III_Fanatic
26th October 2005, 04:59 PM
LOL you guys I had the strangest dream evar last night, speaking of being "fat".

In the dream I had to weigh myself, but for whatever reason my mom had to be the person to read whatever number registered on the scale. So, I stepped up, then my mom announced "Wow Vanessa, you weight 175 lbs now!" I was horrified, and told her that can't be right. She persisted, then said "It's probably from your birth control! Lolz!1!!!1" The last part of that sentence might not have happened, but still. I was totally depressed. And I then proclaimed I would NEVER.EAT.AGAIN.

So the moral of the story is, birth control makes you gain weight, and it's not fun to weight 175 lbs, apparently. In all reality I weigh 125-130 and measure like 5'6", so it's all fine and dandy. I just don't want to suddenly weigh 40 lbs more.

THE END

mew151
28th October 2005, 08:11 PM
i'm 5'7" and 132lbs

i'm fat. that is, i still see myself as fat. i used to be like 155 but after 3 years of wrestling and amphetamine use i cut myself down. i dont wrestle or do amphs anymore since i got out of high school but ever since then my body's been in "wrestling mode" where i'm afraid i'll gain weight everytime i eat. sometimes i'll skip meals because i think i ate too much for one day even if i'm hungry. i think i mighta caught a lil anorexia from that hot, sticky wrestling room.

Riachu64
30th October 2005, 02:47 PM
LOL you guys I had the strangest dream evar last night, speaking of being "fat".

In the dream I had to weigh myself, but for whatever reason my mom had to be the person to read whatever number registered on the scale. So, I stepped up, then my mom announced "Wow Vanessa, you weight 175 lbs now!" I was horrified, and told her that can't be right. She persisted, then said "It's probably from your birth control! Lolz!1!!!1" The last part of that sentence might not have happened, but still. I was totally depressed. And I then proclaimed I would NEVER.EAT.AGAIN.

So the moral of the story is, birth control makes you gain weight, and it's not fun to weight 175 lbs, apparently. In all reality I weigh 125-130 and measure like 5'6", so it's all fine and dandy. I just don't want to suddenly weigh 40 lbs more.

THE END

D: Scary...

I'm around 5'2"/3", and my most recent weighing puts me around 112. Yay! According to the chart, I'm at a healthy weight for my height. I was weighing around 120-125 for a while though, until I started taking aerobics in school and training for sparring in Karate.

Kyl3
2nd November 2005, 07:22 PM
1 stone == 14 pounds

rinni the bard
5th November 2005, 08:26 AM
I have no idea how much I weigh. We don't have a scale.

It is best that way. *prods flabby belly, which is a recent addition to the rinni network of body parts*

And no, I'm not one of those girls who claims she's fat so that people will tell her she's skinny. I'm not fat per se, but I've definitely got more belly than I'd really like to have! I dress in such a way that my belly is not usually instantly evident. But it's becoming a little more evident every day! However, I'm not at a point in my life where I feel like doing somethng about it... *eats more pumpkin seeds* Mmm.

But seriously, I'll be joining a gym soon. Soon as I can afford it. I just hope I don't lose the boobs or the bummy. Of course, knowing my luck, they'll be the first to go... :P

Magmar
5th November 2005, 10:10 AM
If you think you're fat, don't eat junk food at ALL. And this isn't directed towards anyone in particular. I lost all my weight by exercising and eating right. And after a couple weeks without junk food, you find yourself not craving it. Ball up and give it a shot. :)

mvtm
5th November 2005, 07:23 PM
Emm took the chart thingie and it says that i am right in the ine between normal and underweight
I weight 45Kg and i am 1.55 meters or so.
Hm....i suggest for the people that have trouble with weight..that eat variety in small portions, exercise once a week or so..and that do.
Eating healthy is the best solution and will is all you need.

mew151
5th November 2005, 09:11 PM
i lost most of my weight eating mostly french fries... is that junk food?

Chieng Vui Leng
6th November 2005, 05:30 AM
just got scolded by one of my teachers "for eating too much KFC". "15kg in 8 months is not sth to laugh about," she said. :confused:

Sceptile_Master
6th November 2005, 09:57 AM
Lol I feel really thin. I'm 9 stone and am 6 foot 2 inches. Thta's what... 126lbs. 0_o I eat loads aswell. Oh well.

Crazy
6th November 2005, 01:54 PM
Lol I feel really thin. I'm 9 stone and am 6 foot 2 inches. Thta's what... 126lbs. 0_o I eat loads aswell. Oh well.

You might want to get checked for a tapeworm, or you could just have a lightning fast metabolism.(Did I spell that correctly?) Just because I can, I'm going to bet on the first one. Any takers? 5 Crazy pts. are at stake here.

Sceptile_Master
6th November 2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah I think it's my metabolism. I've always been like this. i doubt it's tapeworm, or not only would it probably been have discovered long ago but I don't just suddenly get really hungry like the tapeworm apparently makes you.

Magmar
7th November 2005, 08:15 AM
No, my friend Matt has very similar stature.

darktyranitar
7th November 2005, 10:04 AM
1.67 m and 50 kg...

I'm underweight. Wee... :p

Magmar
7th November 2005, 01:13 PM
I'm all excited. I weigh just about 11 stones, and I know what that means now! :D

Dark Scizor
7th November 2005, 02:48 PM
Holy shit. I've lost like 4kg (about 8lb) over the past three days. I've been ill and can't eat for shit.

SmearGal
7th November 2005, 06:08 PM
*prances in a bit late*

I'm 5'7" and weigh around 140 lbs. / 10 stones / 63.5 kg / 40833.3 pennyweights / 0.0635 metric tons.

I think I got overexcited with that weight converter.. Anywho, I don't mind my weight because I'm still quite skinny due to the insane practicing our coach makes us do. So.. it's like 4/5's muscle-weight.

And cutting down on fast foods definitely cuts down your weight gain.. obviously..

~Smear

Craig
8th November 2005, 11:46 PM
A great thing to cut out is soda. Its unbelievable how much sugar calories etc is in that and how much you drink un knowingly.

Its been weird lately. I've been a bit on the tubby side for quite some time, Water Pokemon Master would agree :rolleyes: anyways lately i've been losing weight, but it hasn't been showing on the scale? Maybe i'm growing muscle at the same rate.... weird. I know that im losing weight because my pants are getting too big every few months and I have to keep ramping up on the belt. Weird...

Crystal Mew
9th November 2005, 12:01 AM
A great thing to cut out is soda. Its unbelievable how much sugar calories etc is in that and how much you drink un knowingly.

This is true. I read that if you cut out one can of soda a day, it can save you 15 pounds within a year.

I stopped drinking soda last january, and it was so difficult. I was addicted to soda, which is crazy when I think about it. But I replaced soda with unsweetened tea (which is 0 fat, 0 calories....0 everything practically!) and now I dont even crave soda anymore. in fact, I took a sip of pepsi last week and it was disgusting.

\m/

and according to that chart, I'm barely in the normal range..hah. I need to run on the treadmill tomorrow, seriously

Adz44
9th November 2005, 05:17 PM
I took a sip of pepsi last week and it was disgusting.

Holy crap! If I ever say that, everyone has full permission to shoot me on site. You cannot kill anyone whose life is already lost...lol

mew151
10th November 2005, 09:16 PM
wow, do you have any idea how hard it is to stop drinking soda when your place of work lets you have unlimited fountain soda. i get all the coke i can handle and then some...

mr_pikachu
10th November 2005, 09:47 PM
It would be so, so easy to take that quote out of context, mew151. "i get all the coke i can handle and then some..." ;)

As for me, my diet consists mostly of fried chicken, french fries, cheeseburgers, potato chips/Doritos, soda, and if I'm in the mood for something healthy, maybe a little water. But I get enough exercise to keep my weight in check. I think it's all a matter of figuring out what works for you.

Lawrence III_Fanatic
10th November 2005, 11:02 PM
It would be so, so easy to take that quote out of context, mew151. "i get all the coke i can handle and then some..." ;)

As for me, my diet consists mostly of fried chicken, french fries, cheeseburgers, potato chips/Doritos, soda, and if I'm in the mood for something healthy, maybe a little water. But I get enough exercise to keep my weight in check. I think it's all a matter of figuring out what works for you.

my mom works for you lolololol.

It's hard to eat healthy. My only good healthy thing is that I've stopped drinking pop. Have you guys seen how much sugar is in that crap? Urgh. Otherwise, on weekdays, I generally eat one meal or one and a half meals each day. The downside is that the one meal tends to be fast food. Not a good idea. Sigh. I think I've gained 5 lbs, I now clock in at 135. Buuuuut I just bought Mario DDR so that will surely help lose some of those pounds..

Magmar
11th November 2005, 12:43 AM
I can DDR like a maniac. :) I earn my A's and B's on heavy mode.

Crystal Mew
11th November 2005, 01:22 AM
Holy crap! If I ever say that, everyone has full permission to shoot me on site. You cannot kill anyone whose life is already lost...lol

:rolleyes:

It wasnt that hard to quit drinking it....and it has so much bad stuff in it, it made me sick to think about it. which is another reason. plus the fact you can gain like 15 pounds a year if you drink a can everyday pretty much motivated me to QUIT drinking it..haha

I call all soda "coke" so back when I was quitting, I told my grandma:

"hey I havent had coke in months!!"

"wow! ....wait...WHAT!?"

lol

Zak
17th November 2005, 06:06 PM
Not true... (unless you mean just Pepsi) I drink Dr. Pepper every day and I'm slim and trim. :cool:

Mr.Pokemon
17th November 2005, 08:31 PM
Not true... (unless you mean just Pepsi) I drink Dr. Pepper every day and I'm slim and trim. :cool:

Zak, it is called good metabolism...

Crystal Mew
20th November 2005, 10:42 PM
well yes of course zak. I have a good metabolism, I'm not fat or anything, and I didnt get fat off drinking pepsi all day long. its just the thought that it CAN make you gain that much in a year that pretty much did it for me.

Arnen
21st November 2005, 09:40 PM
I drank at least one Mt. Dew almost every day over the summer and LOST 15 lbs., and I've never had a very fast metabolism XP