PDA

View Full Version : Seems I'm the only one who cares this much...

Pokemaster Ash
20th October 2005, 11:32 PM
Well it's Mega Man season again. Lots of great stuff coming up, too. Here's what I have info on:

Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team (DS, November release)
The very first Mega Man game for the DS...and it's yet another version of BN5. However it has some nice tweaks to it. You can (to use a familiar BN term) slot in Boktai 2 to unlock a special form for Mega Man. You can slot the other BN games in for some interesting things too (though what exactly...don't know). Also you can pick and mix your team for Liberation Missions. However you're still limited to one set of Soul Unisons (you can choose the set, though). Lastly the touch screen essentially becomes the PET, with some nice features.

Rockman.EXE 6: Grega & Falzer
Yes, already the 6th title is coming. However things seem quite interesting this time around. The Hikaris move out of ACDC Town...but trouble still seems to find poor Lan and Mega Man. Mega Man now must utilize the Navi Cross and Beast Out transformations to take down viruses and enemy Navis.

There is not a lot of data on the Beast Out forms, other than being (in essence) Soul Unisons for the great cyber beasts Grega and Falzer (who look too much like Gospel.EXE and Ho-oh for my liking). The Navi Crosses, for now, seem to be a slightly upgraded Soul Unison system.

The cast announced so far: Grega & Falzer, Blast Man, Heat Man, Elec Man, Aqua Man, Tengu Man, Slash Man, Killer, Ground Man, Clown Man, Charge Man, Dive Man

Mega Man X Collection (PS2 & Cube, Nov 17th (for now))
Mega Man had his turn, now X gets his collection. The first six X series games are featured in this collection, and as a bonus, so is the 'lost' Mega Man game Battle & Chase.

There are tons of bonuses planned for this collection. The ones known for sure are remixed music for X1-X3, possible use of elements from the PSX and Saturn versions of X3, and a repaired translation for X6. Among other things planned is a possible redub of X4 and a dub of X5 and X6.

There's a ton of potential in the X Collection, at least from how hyped up it is in the Mega Man community. I have faith in Capcom this time, especially since they're making it at a Capcom Japan studio. Also as they've used professional voices for the last two X games (Command Mission and X8), a dubbing job would be great. As for Battle Network...well, don't give up on 6 yet. It's starting to look fun.

Mewfour
20th October 2005, 11:59 PM
The only one I care about is the X collection. Battle Network can rot for all I care.

Chris Watarimono
21st October 2005, 05:46 AM
The main reason that not so many people care that much about the Mega Man series and its spinoffs is that the games are constantly being churned out by a yearly basis or so. As a result, the newer games in a series seem like (although not exactly) rehashes because it is the same line, hook, and sinker all over again.

-Chris R.

PNT510
21st October 2005, 11:48 AM
[b]I use to care about the Battle network games, but then they started releasing them every other week.

Pokemaster Ash
21st October 2005, 08:58 PM
Well I suppose after a while, the Battle Network series has gotten a bit monotonous (especially with the multiple version stuff). But they at least try to keep it interesting.

But of what I have listed, the X Collection certainly seems most promising. Especially depending on how far they go with the dubbing. They've been using the Blue Waters actors for Command Mission and X8 (I believe they're part of Ocean Group now). Presumably we'll be hearing some of those voices again, but I wouldn't mind if they used some regular Ocean Group actors in addition. I think a fair amount of the X characters could be better voiced by that set. (For example, Kirby Morrow (Trowa Barton, Miroku, Elec Man.EXE) as Gate, Richard Cox (Ranma, Inuyasha, Burner Man.EXE) as Double and/or Dynamo, Paul Dobson (Naraku) for General...) Wouldn't disappoint me if they stuck strictly to Blue Waters again, though.

Of course, we don't know exactly what they're doing yet as far as that goes. At least we know for sure X1-X3 are going to have remixed soundtracks, and I'm hoping they really do the original music justice.

Razola
22nd October 2005, 02:39 AM
If they really were trying to make it more interesting, they wouldn't have made a sequel every fucking year the GBA has been out.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd October 2005, 09:09 AM
I really would love them to make a new classic Mega Man game or make a new part of Mega Man Legends.

The X series went to hell the moment they released Mega Man X5 and from there it only got worse. Mega Man 8 was quite horrible too and the GCN modules Network Transmission and Command Missions were only mediocre either. Gone are the days Mega Man meant top quality.

Well I might get the X collection, a remake of the first 4 games would be good to see.

Chris Watarimono
22nd October 2005, 09:40 AM
I really would love them to make a new classic Mega Man game or make a new part of Mega Man Legends.

The X series went to hell the moment they released Mega Man X5 and from there it only got worse. Mega Man 8 was quite horrible too and the GCN modules Network Transmission and Command Missions were only mediocre either. Gone are the days Mega Man meant top quality.

Well I might get the X collection, a remake of the first 4 games would be good to see.

Not necessarily. The Zero series still rocks, even if it is just the X series on steroids. And the X series was just great up until the Playstation games, when it first became cheesey, then just getting worse with each installment. At least the X series ended with a bang with X8.

-Chris R.

Knight of Time
22nd October 2005, 11:44 AM
Meh, I've never gotten into any of the Mega Man series other than the original series (Mega Man 1-8) and the X series, but seeing as I already have Mega Man Anniversary Collection on GC, I'd love to also have Mega Man X Collection. Sure, some of the levels in the Mega Man X games can be a pain to beat (the first fortress level in X3 is quite tough with the alternating walls that close in, I hate that part so much >_<), but what really brings out the Mega Man X games is the hidden ability to charge up any master weapon X gets.

I definitely must get the Mega Man X Collection, no buts about it.

Pokemaster Ash
22nd October 2005, 04:12 PM
Not necessarily. The Zero series still rocks, even if it is just the X series on steroids. And the X series was just great up until the Playstation games, when it first became cheesey, then just getting worse with each installment. At least the X series ended with a bang with X8.

-Chris R.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news about the Zero series.....so I won't say. And the X series isn't over yet. There's still a lot to do. At least Sigma's gone for good (or so Capcom says).

And Keiji Inafune himself says he wants to make Legends 3. However he hasn't had the time. Hopefully he'll find that time, 'cause there's a lot unanswered for in that series.

Mewfour
22nd October 2005, 11:19 PM
At least Sigma's gone for good (or so Capcom says).

What happened the last 50 times we said that?

Chris Watarimono
26th October 2005, 07:58 PM
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news about the Zero series.....so I won't say. And the X series isn't over yet. There's still a lot to do. At least Sigma's gone for good (or so Capcom says).

Spoiler:You mean that the Zero series is over, right? Well in my opinion...that's a good thing. It may be short, but at least its not being milked. And eight X series games is probably way too excessive, especially with X8 just only pulling the X series out of the ditch made by the latter X games. *coughX7cough*

As far as the newest X games is concerned IMHO, it is probably going to be another Command Mission game, perhaps to complete the gap between the X and Zero series with Dr. Vile/Weil and the Elf Wars. Or some other type of game genre altogether. Bring some innovation into the mix, Capcom!

And Keiji Inafune himself says he wants to make Legends 3. However he hasn't had the time. Hopefully he'll find that time, 'cause there's a lot unanswered for in that series.

Is he really? Well...I'm not that big of the Legends/D.A.S.H. series, since it takes away much of the main idea of what the Megaman series represent. Still, if it's fun for me, I'm all good with that.

-Chris R.