PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a Fan Fic

Pichu Luver
21st October 2005, 07:06 PM
[font=garamond]Possible Title: The Venuse: Fading
Genre: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, and Sci-Fi
Characters:
Kinsei-Koji: His original name was Kinsei, given to him by his mother as she thrust him aboard the airship headed for Venus. He has become very cynical, as most of the people he has known from when he first came to Venus are dead. He was one of the first volunteers for a test to lengthen life. It worked but he keeps his age a secret except for the Files. For people he has not known for a long time he is sarcastic, rude, and very much to be avoided; just the way he likes it. His only true friend is Ikkou, his Alvar. He has been around since the Landing and they might as well be the same species they are so close.
Ikkou: Ikkou is an Alvar, for those who don’t know he is a ‘smartened’ deer, except he is a combination of various breeds. He is as intelligent as any human and has been friend and mount to Koji since he was old enough to bear a rider. He is a quiet, somewhat philosophical Alvar and tempers Koji’s callousness. He does not play jokes but has the useful ability of making any situation seem a bit lighter. He can speak, just very roughly and prefers to use his telekinesis abilities instead.
Aysen: She is one of the refugees from the crashed aircraft. She does not speak very good English as it is a very broken version now spoken of Earth because of advances in technology. She is very stubborn but it makes a good leader of her people. She can be annoyed very easily but has come to be rather good at hiding her irritation. Usually she is calm, and cool and controls with an iron fist. Her Nillian is a good comrade and very protective of her.
Tik: Tik is Aysen’s Nillian. She is also a ‘smartened’ animal except this time it is horses that were made more intelligent. She is VERY quick to anger and can get very ferocious when pissed. She does not appreciate anyone thinking of her less then what she is. She is on par with human intelligence and also can speak very well. She will voice her complaint rather then use the radicom, usually for more shock factor.
(More characters just not as important, or I haven’t decided yet)
Setting: Venus (Yeah I know I’m crazy, but its explained in a bit)
POV: 3rd person
Length: Erm, about 7-10 pages on Microsoft.
Basic Outline:
Fading tells a story of a group of people, living on Venus. Obviously this is based in the future because if you know anything about planets, Venus is very much inhabitable. The year is 2561 (date may change). By this time people have been living on Venus for about 150 years. They were the refugees of the war on Earth, called Terror Firma. It lasted about 50 years. These people are the ones who decided they had, had enough and left. They terra formed Venus, and came to live on it they call themselves the Venuse. No one knows they are there.
It took about 200 years for them to get Venus fully formed and fit for life. They moved onto it with their specially designed animals (Alvans). They lived in peace for about 100 years before Japan found out about Venus. It took them so long because they were preoccupied with another war, Terra Fear (yes I'm unoriginal, forgive me!), and their own problems. When they found it they decided it was a great place for testing of their new war animals (Pokemon of today). They set them loose.
The people living on Venus lived in an uneasy peace with them. Mostly on the basis of we won't bug you, if you don't bug us. Japan came back about 20 years later to get the first and second generation of Pokemon. This greatly peeved the Pokemon off; they attacked the Venuse in random bursts, seeking revenge. The Venuse told them they were not the ones to blame, and as a show of faith helped rescue some young. The peace Venuse love returned, and the Pokemon and them are on somewhat friendly terms.
Japan started their experiments of humans, taking people from the lower slums of society. They came up with some interesting combinations (no names as yet). They are similar to Harpies, Sphinx, Centaurs, Frog people (think what HP looks like in the trailer--sorta), Merman/maids, and Flying fish. Calling them the Betsujin. They too set these people 'loose'. Understandably they were greatly angered by what had been done to them. The Venuse helped them and so, are also on somewhat friendly terms with them.
The Japanese have a camp on Venuse in which they do their testing. They have a large number of Genga (unchanged people) living there. Every Genga has a Nillian. This story starts off with the last ship of Genga transported to Venus crashing and the Venuse taking them prisoner. There is one Betsujin who is out for revenge and has been running his own experiments on people.

Heh, I copied the old Fan fic ideas thread thing a while ago. I just needed to get my ideas somewhat together. Some things are unexplained because they will be in the fic. The time is also subject to a great amount of change. So . . . what you think?

mr_pikachu
21st October 2005, 07:34 PM
Sounds interesting. I do think it'd be a good idea to come up with some more original names for some of these events/groups, but that's minor.

"War animals", huh? Intriguing, especially since it sounds like they're being utilized by the antagozists.

It does sound like it might be a bit short, though. For such a complex plot, 7-10 pages sure doesn't sound like much. Then again, I haven't seen much of your writing style, and I have no idea what kind of a font size you'll be using on Word, so I can't really judge that. I'll just have to wait and see it, won't I? ;)

Overall, it sounds like a fun concept to play around with. I'm not entirely sure what direction you'll take this in, since there are many aspects on which you could potentially focus. But the background here sounds fairly original. This sounds pretty good to me, overall.

darktyranitar
22nd October 2005, 12:15 AM
This should be interesting. The concept and setting sounds quite original. War animal, on Venus? I gotta see it...Get this fic started! :smilie:

And mr_pikachu, if 7-10 pages is short, then what do you think the number of pages per chapter of the fic that is considered normal? Because I think 10 is a pretty long for a lot of incident to happen. Then again, like you said we haven't seen the writer's writing style yet, so I guess we have to wait.

mr_pikachu
22nd October 2005, 10:37 AM
Wait... that was chapter length? No wonder I was so confused by that! I thought the entire fic was going to be crammed into 7-10 pages, and I was trying to figure out what miniscule font would make that even halfway reasonable. ^^;;

*feels foolish*

Yeah, I can be dense sometimes. Heh. Now that I know what you meant by length, though, this fic sounds much more plausible. I am a little curious about one thing, though. What exactly do you mean by "terra forming"? I've heard the term before, and I've seen it used a few times, but each use of it seems to be different. What's your intended meaning of that? Or will we just have to wait for the fic to get a further explanation?

Pichu Luver
22nd October 2005, 10:47 AM
[font=garamond] Thanks for your replies ^^. No worries mr_pikachu, I should have put chapter in front, lol. What I ment by terra forming is what they want to do to Mars. Make it habitable for humans. Um, what I had planned, was they came to Venus after an explosion had knocked farther away from the Sun. They 'fixed it up' is the best way to put it. The made the atmosphere like Earth's and when it had Oxygen and other chemicals like Earth, they put plants on it from Earth. Also animals. They wanted a new place to live fee of war and 'untouched'. Hope I explained it for you. :)

I'm still fixing a bit of the history up (dates, names and such), so I don't have much in the way of chapters yet. I like to really plan out the back story first. Making up history is something I find fun. The idea for this came when tried to come up with a way to make Pokemon 'real'. I realized I'd have to fling it far into the future because making Pokemon today is very much impossible. When I did that, I figured you would have to have a place to test them so . . . Venus was inserted. The rest came together as way to explain Pokemon on Venus. Heh. ^^'''