PDA

View Full Version : WWG: Round 6!!!! (game) mod approved by Zak

Zcade0
26th October 2005, 06:08 PM
OK then.......... Here we go.... For the win......

[size=40pt]
THE WEREWOLF GAME!!
ROUND 6!!!!!!!

Heres a link to past rules:
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=35031

And here are the new ones:
Seer: Can also now talk to the mayor ONCE ONLY ON THE 2nd NIGHT IF THE GUARDIAN ANGEL IS ALIVE!!!! He/she also must "see" by night 3

Guardian Angel: See above

Tourists: May be ether wolf or human, can only vote every other day and were REALLY teed of at the mayor after they got here..... Also, they will be said at the begining who they are (not what they are). Oh, and they can only be villager or wolf, no mason ect.

Village Elder: Is the mayors stand-in, can be wolf, villager, or guarian angel. He/she disides ties. Also will be announced at the beginning. He's always been gunning for the mayors spot, wonder why...

Thats it. If I forgot anything, Plantae, pm me what I forgot, I didn't save it.

Cast:

Dark-San
Kris
Krystalline Kabutops - tourist
Leon-IH
Magmar
Plantae - Village Elder
Sesshomaru
Tainted - tourist!
Vulpix.ck87
Weasel Overlord
Yero Thropp
Green Lanturn
Charizard

Roles left

wolfs: 4
villagers: 4
masons: 2
seer:1
guardian angel: 1
elder: 1
tourist: 2

And............. GO!

edit: all fixed! there ya go! start day 1!

Chris Watarimono
26th October 2005, 07:19 PM
Just a suggestion: You shouldn't post the roles next to their roleplayers in public - it makes for easy prey for werewolves.

-Chris R.

Plantae
26th October 2005, 07:27 PM
This round, by order of the game's founder, is temporarily postponed until this mess is properly sorted out. Please disregard your current roles. You will receive new ones within a day.

Magmar
26th October 2005, 08:02 PM
Thank you. I hereby disregard my role as a "Wolf" as my private message consisted of "Your a wolf". I won't vote without consulting my comrades. Thanks for stepping up, Plantae.

Charizard04621
26th October 2005, 08:27 PM
*sweatdrops* I knew this wouldn't be a good idea...

I'm not even playing.

Can we get a new host now? =(

Magmar
26th October 2005, 11:04 PM
If someone PM's me about the circumstances behind being the host, I'll consider it.

Yero Thropp
27th October 2005, 01:56 AM
Might I make a suggestion, Plantae?

It seems to me that the Guardian Angel is hardly useful, and once one mason is gone the other becomes useless; it seems only the seer is the only decently useful person to help the good guys.

I suggest we scrap all roles except the villagers, the wolves, and the seer. Of course, there would be less wolves than villagers.

For example:

10 people playing = 7 villagers, 1 Seer, and 2 Wolves

This hardly seems fair, however you must remember that the wolves are killing off someone every round. Plus, with less wolves, it makes it easier for them to come to a consensus as to who to kill off, and also it makes it more difficult to vote them off. Think of it like this:

Day one: no votes, 10 still live
Night one: kill a villager, seer finds werewolf/villager, 9 now living
Day two: votes to kill a villager, 8 still living
Night two: kill the seer, 7 still living
Day three: votes to kill villager, 6 still living
Night three: kill a villager, 5 now living
Day four: votes to kill a werewolf, 4 still living
Night four: kill a villager, 3 still living
Day five: final day, because if a villager is killed, that leaves 2 still living, one werewolf and one villager

It's more difficult for the werewolves to win, for it takes cunning to persuade others not to vote for them for five turns. With more people, it can take longer; the general rule is for every three people you need a werewolf (that's a total of four people.) So, seeing as how we have 13 people, we would have 1 Seer, 9 Villagers, and 3 Werewolves.

I would be more than happy to host this, as I've hosted games played this way before.

Dark-San
27th October 2005, 04:27 AM
[b][size=3] Do away with the Guardian Angel. The role is not much of use anywayz. The person that the Guardian Angel protect would happen to the wolf or a villager. So it is a double edge sword.

The masons can stay. At least when we have the mason kill, we are able to kill a single wolf in both day and night respectivly.

The present game is design for the villagers to win. I've no idea on why would the wolves be winning all the way till now. *Shrugs*

Charizard04621
27th October 2005, 08:00 AM
I like the Guardian Angel. We just haven't had very perceptive ones that could predict who the wolves would be killing next. That would require definite knowledge of who the wolves are and how they think, which we only had early for TWG R3.

Plantae
27th October 2005, 09:47 AM
Zcade0 will still be hosting if he fixes this mess within today, otherwise I will take charge of the next game.

The Guardian Angel can be useless, and I will consider removing it from the game, but having only two special roles (seer/mason) is rather boring. I need to take another look at the rules, and I'll go from there. I plan on adding a couple roles, taking away a few, editing a few even.

The current game design is not stacked in anyone's explicit favor, Dark-san. The werewolves winning streak is a matter of cunning, or unfortunately in some cases, inactivity.

Anyway, expect this game to start within a day, whether that be this day, or tomorrow.

Magmar
27th October 2005, 10:33 AM
I was Guardian Angel and killed the first round. >=/

Plantae
27th October 2005, 10:44 AM
This is what I've come up with for this game, or the next if Zcade0 fixes things.

The Werewolf Game (TWG)

TWG is played with at least ten players, generally twelve or more. At the start of each game, each player is privately informed of their role. Many players are humans, a few are werewolves, and there are several special roles that can also come into play.

DAY

As the game begins, the host should provide an opening story involving the death of an NPC. Upon coming across this body, the lynching begins.

During the day, all players (including the werewolves who have assumed human form) discuss their suspicions. Each player may vote or choose to remain neutral (which does not entail a doom), but eventually it will reach a point when one or more players are accused of being a werewolf. At least one-third of all remaining players must vote in order for any lynching to take place, and at least two for the person to be lynched.

If no majority is reached between players, a tie will be decided by the flip of a coin. In the case of a three-way tie, a six-sided die will be rolled with one player being 1-2, another as 3-4, and the last as 5-6. On the rare occasion that there is a four-way tie, or more, the host should prompt each player via private message to pick a number between one and one hundred. The farthest away is lynched.

When the lynching is done, all players return to their homes and night begins.

NIGHT

During the night, with the humans asleep, the werewolves and masons get their chance to kill. The wolves should confer amongst themselves on a decision, and should all send in a private message voting for the same person. At least two wolf votes must be received to kill unless there is only one wolf remaining, in which case that wolf can kill by his lonesome. If time zones absolutely prohibit, it is acceptable to have one wolf vote for the group, but this must be stated and explained in the private message containing the person to be killed. In this case, however, at least one other wolf must send a message to corroborate before Night has lasted longer than nineteen hours.

Meanwhile, the Seer, Vigilante, Guardian Angel, and Shaman are allowed to use their own night abilities. Once night ends, the next day begins.

VICTORY

The werewolves achieve victory when one of two things happen: they eliminate all humans or they outnumber the humans and are able to slaughter them openly.

The humans achieve victory when they lynch all of the werewolves.

ROLES

The Guardian Angel - The Guardian Angel private messages the host during the night in an attempt to protect one player. If the player they choose to protect is a werewolf, they get a 50% chance to perceive this being's identity. The Guardian Angel gets a 20% chance to survive a wolf attack unscathed, and through divine link, is given a 50% chance each night to know the person that was revealed to the seer.

The Seer - The Seer may private message the host once per night to have a vision about one player. The seer is then told whether this player is human, or a werewolf. Other specific things, like the exact nature of their role, is not revealed.

The Vigilante - A recent addition, the vigilante is a new version of the Mason. Instead of conferring with one other person, this role allows the player to night kill by themself in an effort to exterminate werewolves. If attacked by the werewolves when their numbers are two or less, the vigilante has a 50% chance of survival.

Shaman - A recent addition, the Shaman is an evident practitioner of pagan magic. Each night, the Shaman is allowed to hex one player. If a night kill is to occur that night, there is a 50% chance that this person will be killed instead of the original target. Also, if they survive until day, there is a 20% chance they will be lynched instead of the original target. For their purposes, the Shaman is informed of two people at random and their roles when the game starts.

The Mercenary - A free agent, this player is allowed a 50% chance to avoid all ill night effects: kill by the Vigilante, hex by the shaman, kill by the werewolves. The Mercenary may switch to the wolves' side on the second night or any night thereafter by informing the host. The host then informs the wolves of their new ally, and the Mercenary of the identities of the wolves. For the rest of the game he is treated as a wolf for victory/defeat. He is not, however, allowed to night kill or vote in wolf night kill if he switches sides. He cannot use his switching ability if it would keep him from certain death.

Coward - A recent addition, one human player is a coward. If he ties any player during the day vote, the other player or one of the other players will be killed instead of him. The players are not informed of his role in this situation, and rather the host is to act like they did the randomizing by the book. The coward is the only player that can be treated as a Witness if the host desires that role. He loses his cowardly abilities if he becomes the Witness.

DOOM

A player will receive a doom vote for every instance he/she does not vote during the day. Players will receive dooms for not voting on day one. Upon three doom votes (or any number between two and four chosen by the host), the violating player will be killed as an addition to any other kills during that day.

MISC

Time zones cause quite a few problems for players and hosts alike. The time limit for each round, Day or Night, should not exceed twenty hours. If this limit is reached, then that part of the Game Day will end.

Players beware of people using probability logic, i.e. this person was such and such the last game(s).

Prospective hosts can link to it using this url: http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/twg.htm

Magmar
27th October 2005, 12:58 PM
Quick question--if you stay neutral on the first day, but make it clear by posting, do you receive a doom?

Charizard04621
27th October 2005, 01:48 PM
It used to be explicitly stated that one may "remain silent" on any day and still not be doomed. If it has been intentionally removed and is Plantae's intention, I perfectly understand, as remaining silent is quite dull throughout and reveals little about the player who votes in this way. I'm sure Plantae will clear this up.

By the way, if you will be hosting this next round, Plantae, I would like to play.

Plantae
27th October 2005, 02:07 PM
"Each player may vote or choose to remain neutral (which does not entail a doom)..."

So, to answer your question, no, remaining silent/neutral does not invoke a doom vote as long as you post to say you are doing so.

As for whether I'm hosting or not, there's a bit of time before that is decided.

Zcade0
27th October 2005, 06:07 PM
Reposting roles! srry, I'm a little new to this. Might be a bit though. srry. Anywho, this time I will tell you who your comrades (4 werewolfs and masons) are and I'll get everything straight now! ok then, begin day 1 as soon as you get your part!.

Magmar
27th October 2005, 08:58 PM
I wake up, look around.

I heard a rumor that someone died.

Recognzing at once my vital role in this game as the English teacher for everybody, I called all the villagers to my classroom.

"Comrades, it is vital that you learn this one key rule to your survival. When we speak of possessives, we use "your". When we mean to abbreviate "you are", we say "you're." Test on Tuesday."

I dismissed the class, choosing to remain neutral for the day.

Plantae
27th October 2005, 10:25 PM
Well, now that we've made sufficient mockery of the game...

Zcade0, your changes are not entirely accurate as to what I prescribed, and my patience is low, so I will take charge of this game. You will be given the opportunity to host the next game, so don't take personal offense. And Magmar, I am certain that you will not feel the need to imply insult again.

The new game will start tomorrow. Please delete any messages in reference to this game that you still possess. The New Round, to be titled "TWG Round 6 (Revised)," will follow the rules I have so recently posted and be posted as an entirely different thread (my apologies to the moderators).

Please lock this thread.