PDA

View Full Version : [Game] TWG Round 6 (Revised)

Plantae
28th October 2005, 10:38 AM
Mod Approved By Zak

[color=red]The Werewolf Game (Round 6)

Rules (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/twg.htm) - Please Read These First.

Alive
Magmar
Weasel Overlord
Tainted
Vulpix.ck87
Zcade0

Dead
Yero Thropp - Werewolf
Dark-san - Mercenary
Krystalline Kabutops - Seer
Green Lanturn - Werewolf
Kris - Guardian Angel
Sesshomaru - Villager
Charizard04621 - Werewolf
Leon-IH - Werewolf

Roles Alive
Villager (x2)
Vigilante
Coward
Shaman

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

[b]DAY ONE

The villagers of this sleepy mountain vale wake in the morning to find the midwife screaming and pointing at a bloodied corpse. "He's dead," she mumbles, "The mayor is dead!" The mayor is indeed dead, and the bloodied wounds and scratch marks can only lead to one thing. Werewolves.

"What are we to do?" The crowd whispers amongst themselves, before one of the more outspoken villagers stands up and yells for silence.

The villager boisterously bellows from the podium in the square. "We'll root these wolves out!" The crowd cheers to this remark, some of them less enthusiastic than others. Pulling down the Ballot Box, he continues, "We'll place this box here on the podium. We'll vote on who we think is a Werewolf, and when the afternoon comes," he pauses for dramatic effect, "we'll lynch 'em!" The crowd murmurs agreement, and several people immediately begin writing out names.

The current date/time is: VILLAGER VICTORY.

Weasel Overlord
28th October 2005, 11:24 AM
No point voting on the first day, so I remain neutral. No vote!

Charizard04621
28th October 2005, 11:31 AM
Ah, good to be back as a player.

Okay, I watched the last few rounds and got really, really bored pretty fast with all the "remain silent" votes. Also, I have a theory as to why the werewolves keep winning - the villagers don't have enough time to vote them off! By remaining silent on our first day, sure, we're avoiding killing our fellow villagers, but we are also giving up the ability to potentially vote off a wolf. Basically, they get a free werewolf kill on night one and then we're screwed. >_<

I would really hate to vote off a random villager. The best way I see to do this, then, is to point a random finger at somebody active and see how they respond. Getting somebody to respond is the only way to find out anything about the person at all. Most of you know me and realize that I am quite active. If I accuse somebody and there is just little or no evidence of that person being a wolf after I do so, then I'll simply change my vote quickly before the day is over so that I don't kill a villager on accident.

I'm going to take a crapshoot and point at Weasel Overlord for now since I know she's active and I know she'll have something to say.

No offense meant, of course, but we have to get started and make everyone talk or nothing is going to happen and we'll sit here idly while werewolves kill us during the night. If I don't think you're a werewolf (you're innocent before proven guilty), don't worry; I'll certainly change my vote. ^_^

Plantae
28th October 2005, 11:47 AM
Oi! Thank you Charizard04621. Someone finally figured out why it's better to point fingers than to twiddle thumbs. Oh, and in TWG, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Weasel Overlord
28th October 2005, 12:09 PM
Okay, I am not a wolf! I'm incensed...hence, my vote will change to Charizard. Damn you, trying to get a reaction out of me...

Charizard04621
28th October 2005, 12:17 PM
Hmm. Well, I'll wait to see what the others think. I was planning to remain silent if you didn't seem like a wolf, but since you have a vote on me, I can't remove my own vote without putting myself at certain risk. =/ Personally, I'm surprised you'd vote for someone who volunteered to withdraw a vote if you didn't condemn yourself to wolfhood. You know I'd do it, too. I'm worried that you actually want to get rid of me, and that you may be a wolf after all. Though you didn't say much... Well, I'll be sure to visit this thread often and see how it goes. I still don't want to vote off an innocent villager.

Yero Thropp
28th October 2005, 12:20 PM
As much as I disagree with Charizard's logic, I'm gonna have to vote Weasel Overlord because of his lack of any logical explanation except "he's voting for me."

Sorry, Charizard, but I disagree with that logic. There is more of a chance to "crapshoot" a villager than a werewolf. Voting on the first day is pretty tricky; when I did it last game, I thought that the host picked parts, but I was wrong. I didn't vote for you Charizard because, as I said before, you at least had some logic that some people will probably agree with, and logic is something us villagers need in order to win this.

Weasel Overlord
28th October 2005, 12:30 PM
All I was doing was retaliating to a vote placed upon me for no apparant reason other than choosing to be active for once. If I really was a wolf, wouldn't I wait until night to kill you, Charizard?

Charizard04621
28th October 2005, 12:36 PM
Chris Watarimono, Dark San, and Green Lanturn did not wait till night when they framed me.

Plantae
28th October 2005, 12:37 PM
I actually roll two six-sided dice, each corresponding to a name on the list... of course, that's when we have twelve. Otherwise I use an internet randomizer.

Weasel Overlord
28th October 2005, 12:49 PM
Okay, Yero, despite you disagreeing totally with Charizard, you still chose to vote for me? You used logic at the beginning of the last round and it lost us our Seer, so how do you justify applying it here? Plantae uses a randomiser, so the roles aren't decided from any prior rounds...it seems to me that logic is sort of redundant until a few more people show up.

However, I am choosing to change my vote, yet again. Only this time, to Yero Thropp, for his use of 'logic'...

Charizard04621
28th October 2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah, like I've mentioned before, I always use my handy TI-89 calculator whenever I need to randomize anything. You get to choose the number of sides, and all it takes is one command rand(int x) so it's really great. Of course, those things are really expensive...

Magmar
28th October 2005, 12:54 PM
//roll -dice1 -sides13
lol.

At any rate, apparently we have 13 characters now, 4 of which are wolves. Which means villagers have 4 rounds to at least kill one wolf. That's my logic input of the day.

I'm going to remain neutral until I hear more from the other players. The only real suspicion I have is that either Charizard or Weasel, one might be a wolf, but the other isn't. I might make a truth table, like we do in Logic class, but with 13 characters, it will take a me forever. 168 rows of T's and F's...

Actually, I went to post this, and saw Weasel Overlord's response flash up. I'm going to vote for Weasel Overlord for now.

And yes, I can't stand Yero Thropp's use of "deductive reasoning" as Logic. Having taken Logic in college, I know how to actually use it, and to construct an argument in this game, you'd need a 168-row truth table. That's 6 notebook pages of 13 columns filled with T's and F's.

Vulpix.ck87
28th October 2005, 02:23 PM
I'm gonna have to vote Weasel Overlord because of his lack of any logical explanation except "he's voting for me."

Firstly, you're a total hypocrite Yero, cos your so called 'logic' sucks..
Secondly, you're fucking ignorant, and clearly aren't even paying attention. Weasel's a girl. Get to know your RPers before you decide to kill them off.

However, I think I know enough about you now - You're a complete ignoramous, you do more harm than good and the sooner you shut up the better.

I don't care what role Yero Thropp is playing this round, he's never any help to anyone.

Zcade0
28th October 2005, 03:57 PM
weasel overloard
and I would also like to know what I did wrong with the last game (exept the first part). I fixed my mistake and said it was day 1! I don't understand what I did. Did I send the pm's wrong or something? Man, I'm srry, I've never done anything like this before, seeing as I'm only 12.

Magmar
28th October 2005, 04:04 PM
Ahhh Vulpix, I thought I might've accidentally said that, because I said something about voting for Weasel Overlord after she posted something right before I posted mine, and was like "Come on I'm not that bad..." hahaha.

I agree with you though... but I'm not going to change my vote over it. I was a bit mocking of zcade in the last thread, which was unnecessary, but I had a feeling he was a youngun. Zcade, you should've told us you're only 12. We would've helped you out a little more. We don't expect just any 12 year old to manage a game of werewolf. But you did your best and tried, and you've earned my respect for it :)

But yes, I'm sticking with Weasel Overlord, and if she's not a wolf, then we know Charizard is.

Dark-San
28th October 2005, 04:27 PM
[b][size=3] Weasel gets my vote.

Vulpix.ck87
28th October 2005, 04:47 PM
I truly don't believe that weasel overlord is a werewolf, and there's no decent reason to kill her off so soon. You're all just jumping on the bandwagon, and it's so counter-productive.

You guys should just make your own decision, or atleast try to even out the votes so no innocents get killed :(

If weasel's a wolf i'll go eat my hat :p There's a bit of a difference between mustelids and lupines, you know guys..?

Charizard04621
28th October 2005, 05:06 PM
Wow, I didn't expect this outcome.

Suspicious though I am of Weasel, I'm still quite worried about voting somebody out with this little evidence... I was waiting to see different viewpoints, but I didn't expect it to be some huge vote thing against her.

I don't know. I remember in Round 2 when I voted off a human by mistake. =/ That kinda sucked, even though KK was inactive, still...

I agree with Vulpix here, I really don't want to vote out anybody to tell you the truth. I was just kinda hoping that if Weasel was truly a werewolf and I kept up the offensive, she'd crack and say something stupid. Yet she just kept switching her votes... I thought at first that she wanted me dead, but it seems she's just getting a little frantic that she's going to be voted off. Then again, she could be a wolf, but I'd rather let a wolf live for a day than kill an innocent human.

I'm going to change my vote to remain neutral.

I have to do a group project now (videos suck ><). Just got back from 4 hours of Calculus and I'm exhausted. Ah well, hopefully I'll get done in time to check in this thread at least once again. I don't think I'm going to be voting anyone out today (all this finger pointing has been inconclusive), but who knows, one of the wolves might slip.

Yero Thropp
28th October 2005, 05:40 PM
Firstly, you're a total hypocrite Yero, cos your so called 'logic' sucks..
Secondly, you're ****ing ignorant, and clearly aren't even paying attention. Weasel's a girl. Get to know your RPers before you decide to kill them off.

However, I think I know enough about you now - You're a complete ignoramous, you do more harm than good and the sooner you shut up the better.

I don't care what role Yero Thropp is playing this round, he's never any help to anyone.

I've already apologized for my last game's logic, I didn't realize there was a randomizer used to pick parts. Remember, my last game's logic depended on the host picking parts, not a computer. As far as me being ignorant- Weasel, I'm sorry if I offended you by calling you a "he;" I honestly didn't know. If I offended you, please tell me. That goes for any of you; if I ever offend you, just pm me about it.

And Vulpix, please don't tell me what to do; I don't need to get to know anyone here, seeing as how I'll never meet any of you in person, nor am I rping with them. It's just a game, I don't want to fight with you, so please don't tell me to be quiet.

Also, as I stated in my first post, the odds of killing off a wolf are worse than killing off a villager, so it's best to wait and get some evidence through the first round (I learned that in MY Logic class that I took my senior year in High School and confirmed in the Logic and Computing class I am currently in right now at Ashland University.)

As far as my vote, I voted for Weasel because, as I stated, the villagers need people with some or any sense of logic, and Charizard (though I disagree with him,) seems to have it. My guess was just confirmed with Charizard's last comment:

I was just kinda hoping that if Weasel was truly a werewolf and I kept up the offensive, she'd crack and say something stupid. Yet she just kept switching her votes... I thought at first that she wanted me dead, but it seems she's just getting a little frantic that she's going to be voted off. Then again, she could be a wolf, but I'd rather let a wolf live for a day than kill an innocent human.

I'm going to change my vote to remain neutral.

So it looks like Charizard and I are getting on the same brain wave pattern, for now. I'd take back my vote, but it wouldn't matter anymore, since there are quite a few voting for Weasel.

Krystalline Kabutops
28th October 2005, 06:17 PM
w00t - backz0rs :o

I'm gonna go with Yero Thropp, so as to make the vote a little closer.

Charizard04621
28th October 2005, 09:34 PM
I'm female, too, though lots of people make the mistake, so I've gotten used to it.

Tainted
28th October 2005, 09:39 PM
I'm going to choose to remain neutral.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Magmar
28th October 2005, 11:24 PM
I'll change my vote. There's no real evidence to support hammering Weasel.

Sorry, Yero Thropp.. but the vote is changed to you.

Weasel Overlord
29th October 2005, 06:40 AM
Ah, how the tide has changed. Gotta love these bandwagon jobbies, eh? And I'd like to thank Vulps for pointing out that I am, indeed, a lady, as is Charizard...seriously though, it's not like the little gender symbols show anything, really... :rolleyes:

Charizard04621
29th October 2005, 07:36 AM
To tell the truth, I didn't even notice that we'd been referred to as male. ^_^; But yeah, thanks to Vulpix for pointing that out. I don't mind so much on message boards, but when I play online games (Starcraft, Warcraft III, WoW) it gets annoying when people don't believe that I'm female. What, just because I'm female I don't play games? =/

[EDIT]: Looks like the "do not edit your posts" rule has been removed... Since this is a "SPAM" post anyway, that doesn't contain a vote, I don't see a problem editing. Just wanted to say that usually, when I don't know what gender the person I'm referring to is, I'll either find a way to not require the use of a pronoun (ie: "Weasel Overlord did such and such") or I use the he/she thing. Tedious at times, but you know, it's worth it to avoid making a mistake and potentially offending some people.

Weasel Overlord
29th October 2005, 07:42 AM
Yeah, it does get rather irritating, doesn't it? I may be an Overlord, but I still have feelings...bloody sexist culture...you wouldn't believe the amount of wondering stares I get when I go into a Games Workshop with my B/F...yes people, girls can play Warhammer too...

But anyway, back to the game! I hope night happens soon...I'm getting sick of waiting to see if I'm dead...

Charizard04621
29th October 2005, 07:45 AM
I counted the votes and I think it's 4-2 now and Yero Thropp will die. Maybe I miscounted, though. =/ I took my vote off of you, so the only people who currently have votes are Magmar, Dark San, Yero Thropp, Krystalline Kabutops, Vulpix.ck87, and you. That makes six... So I think I counted correctly.

And yeah, I sometimes get wondering stares but I wear glasses and don't have a good posture, so not as often as you, probably. =P

Weasel Overlord
29th October 2005, 07:50 AM
Heh...like the big old sexy picture of Reno doesn't give it away anyway...snigger

And yay! You did count correctly Charizard, it is only 4-2.

Charizard04621
29th October 2005, 08:04 AM
Lol, I could say something, but I'm not going to =P

Anyways, see ya guys later... I'm off to make an awesome 50 bucks! I got selected randomly to take some university research test, and if I agreed to sit there for an hour and a half they'd pay me 50 bucks as I walked out the door. ^________________^ Money! Money is good for college students. =P

Magmar
29th October 2005, 08:44 AM
Amen to that!

<--- broke college sophomore

Plantae
29th October 2005, 10:21 AM
Ah, adieu, adieu, our dearest:

Dead
Yero Thropp - Werewolf

Begin Night 1.

Charizard04621
29th October 2005, 11:07 AM
Wow, we lucked out, didn't we? I wasn't sure about Yero Thropp (I was actually regretting initiating the pointing of fingers so soon) but I'm glad that he wasn't an innocent villager.

Just finished taking the test (spent more like two hours because there was a survey at the end). They gave me a nice big $50 bill... Shiny! SHINY!! *drools* Ehh, well, not shiny, but you know, it's money. You know what I mean. At least, I hope so. =P

Dark-San
30th October 2005, 01:03 AM
[b][size=3] 50 bucks for some sit in research test?

Sis, what kind of research was that? Some biological chemical testing involved? ^^"

Magmar
30th October 2005, 09:47 AM
I don't think Daylight savings time will really affect the game, right?

Charizard04621
30th October 2005, 10:53 AM
Nah, DST shouldn't really be a problem.

Yup, $50. It was apparently a test for Computer Science/Engineering majors (mine is Computer Science). I can't reveal the contents, though... I signed a contract.

Plantae
30th October 2005, 11:32 AM
My apologies for taking so long to finish this cycle.

Dead
Dark-san - Mercenary

That's unlucky, considering he had a 50% chance to survive. Well, Begin Day 2.

Charizard04621
30th October 2005, 11:58 AM
Hmm, death count: Werewolf, Villager/Werewolf. No pure Villagers so far! ^_^;; Though we shouldn't test our luck. We have to move quick if we want to root out these wolves.

Is it just me or is it disturbing that Dark San died, of all people? All he/she did was vote for Weasel Overlord. Didn't say much else... I get a bad feeling doing this, but I'm going to vote Weasel Overlord for now and hope some other evidence comes up. Sorry, but the person who voted for you just died >< No offense, but you're the only one I'm suspicious of right now.

Krystalline Kabutops
30th October 2005, 12:16 PM
Hmm... Chari seems a little TOO happy that we haven't nailed any villagers yet... Almost as if she's faking it. I'm casting my vote for werewolf for Charizard04621.

Charizard04621
30th October 2005, 12:29 PM
It is a crime to be happy that no villagers have died, when in previous rounds villagers have been killing each other nonstop? =P Yeesh, I didn't know that.

[EDIT]: Wait, wtf, if weasel is a wolf, why the hell would she vote for Yero Thropp? >< Maybe a repeat of the thing where zcade0 voted for Plantae?

Charizard04621
30th October 2005, 12:39 PM
Okay, sorry for the double post but I don't want my vote change to be in an edited post (still don't understand why the editing part was removed out of the rules).

It makes no sense that Yero Thropp voted for Weasel and then she voted for him, because that's probably the crappiest wolf strategy ever, killing each other off on the first round. I don't think weasel is a wolf, after all.

I'm going to change my vote to Krystalline Kabutops. I haven't seen you around too often before (usually somewhat inactive), so I don't know how you play, but you quietly waited until a bunch of other people voted before you decided to vote for Yero Thropp. Perhaps you foresaw Magmar's change of heart and didn't want to be suspected of being a wolf. Then suddenly, when I post, you decide to vote for me. Trying to get rid of me now, are you?

Plantae
30th October 2005, 01:08 PM
I knew I'd missed something. The editing rule still exists, I've just forgotten to add it to the rules. I've edited that and the rest of the General Rules into the first post in this thread.

Zcade0
30th October 2005, 01:35 PM
I coppied plantae, she voted 4 me in the same game (we were both wolfs)
anyway, random time!!! *puuls name out of a hat*
Krystalline Kabutops for no apperent reason!!

Krystalline Kabutops
30th October 2005, 02:07 PM
You overestimate me, Chari. I'm no more a mind-reader than you are. It's just that your celebrations seem... exaggerated. I've been exposed to enough bad acting to know it when I see it, and your joy reeks of phonyness. So, I'm going to keep my vote for Charizard04621. But I've got a feeling I'm going to end up being lycnched this round anyway.

Better to die a martyr and be proven pure than to survive and still be suspected, neh?

Charizard04621
30th October 2005, 02:57 PM
Martyr? Don't talk to me about martyrdom. Do you remember round 3? Do you remember when the villagers wanted my head when it was obvious who the werewolves were? I named three of them! I was framed and died for absolutely no reason... The villagers just voted off random people and completely ignored my accusations, which turned out to be correct.

Krystalline Kabutops
30th October 2005, 03:08 PM
So are you saying you're infalliable? We've already nailed one werewolf. That's par for the course so far.

Kris
30th October 2005, 03:13 PM
Im going for Weasle Overlord

Plantae
30th October 2005, 03:43 PM
I guess I need that gender symbol back in my profile.

Magmar
30th October 2005, 05:52 PM
I agree with Krystalline Kabutops and am voting for Charizard, I'm too lazy to look up and see what the numbers are.

Tainted
31st October 2005, 07:02 AM
I'm going to vote for Krystalline Kabutops.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Green Lanturn
31st October 2005, 07:13 AM
Well, I return. Hurricane Wilma hit us a bit harder than we expected, and we lost power for quite a bit of time. True, we had a generator, but that didnt power up the computer. We got power back late friday. So, an interesting move, we've eliminated one of the wolves in the first vote. Wonderful! And the mercenary has been killed off. That could go either way I suppose, but better he not go to the wolves side.

As far as the current vote, it does seem to me that K.K. jumped pretty early on Charizard's accusation. It seemed a bit...desperate.

I choose to vote for Krystalline Kabutops.

~GL

Plantae
31st October 2005, 07:32 AM
The results...

Dead
Krystalline Kabutops - Seer

Begin Night 2.

Charizard04621
31st October 2005, 07:40 AM
That's the second time he was voted off that he was the Seer... =/

Krystalline Kabutops
31st October 2005, 07:52 AM
Nice going, guys... Well, I hope ya'll have the sense to vote off the person that the SEER was telling you to -_-;

Weasel Overlord
31st October 2005, 10:15 AM
Crap! I missed a day...that's what you get for not being at home...and well done, voting off the Seer...that's what, the second time now? Blah...

Plantae
31st October 2005, 05:35 PM
Night might be a bit extended. I'm missing the Shaman and Vigilante votes, but if I don't get those within five hours, we'll just move to Day 3.

Charizard04621
1st November 2005, 12:38 AM
Meh, KK, I'd actually See the person first before accusing... Revenge is not always a good thing to pursue.

On a side note, I just got back from Halloween. What did you guys dress up as? I was a black and silver dragon =) I had wings, horns, ears, a tail, and awesome long black claws. Rawr.

Yero Thropp
1st November 2005, 01:35 AM
I was the Phantom of the Opera all day!

Weasel Overlord
1st November 2005, 03:37 AM
I went as a Hippy...no, I actually took my cousin...I was dressed in my usual hippy garb ^_^
Is it day three yet?? I refuse to doom out cause I miss a couple of days...><

Charizard04621
1st November 2005, 07:33 AM
Hehe. Damn, I was a dragon the whole day too! It was really hard, though... Believe it or not, everything I had was made of duct tape! Although duct tape itself is very durable, it was hard keeping my wings in the right position simply because they're so heavy. Also, the headband that I'd put my horns and ears on also had to be mass-hair pinned in order to keep it up. And my tail kept swinging sideways because whenever I walked it wagged =P

I had also originally gotten my hands painted all black, and was gonna do my face a little later, but when I started to leave a trail of black everywhere I decided to wash them >< I still have black residue on my hands, unfortunately.

Oh, and my Calculus class is so damn boring. Nobody else was dressed up and they looked at me weird =D

Magmar
1st November 2005, 08:36 AM
I was Barry Potter. Pictures coming soon, hahaha.

Charizard04621
1st November 2005, 08:39 AM
XD come to think of it, I took pictures too... I need to upload them. To do that, I need to install my digital camera software. =/ I'm so lazy.

Zcade0
1st November 2005, 04:33 PM
I was a nerd. I put tape on my glasses, two diff. colored socks, and I rolled one side of my pants up. Ya, It was lame.

Anyway, is it night or day? And if its day, then I am nuteral

Oh, and Happy Halloween (1 day late)!

Charizard04621
1st November 2005, 04:46 PM
It's still night (I think), but considering that Plantae stated day would start last night, I'm thinking something must have happened to him. He wouldn't just not post.

Plantae
1st November 2005, 05:12 PM
Ooo... spooky. Especially since yesterday was Halloween too. Unfortunately, I'll spoil your fun. I simply have bad timing.

Dead
Kris - Guardian Angel
Green Lanturn - Werewolf

Begin Day 3. I'll be adding up the doom votes soon.

Charizard04621
1st November 2005, 05:21 PM
Hmm, we have a good Vigilante this round. Previously there have been too many... accidents.

Kris's death worries me. First, Dark San, who didn't say much, was killed at night. Kris didn't say too many things either, and she also died. What did they have in common? They voted for Weasel Overlord. I don't know what else to think.

Plantae
1st November 2005, 06:04 PM
Just as a forewarning, I will not be hosting the next game. Or the one after that...

I need to take a hiatus from the game, but I guarantee I'm not the sort of person that'll be gone forever. However, I will not be able to host nor play until about Round Nine.

I'd disclose reasons, but I've never been very good with blatant honesty, especially online.

I intend to rebalance the current ruleset, which I'm finding is a bit off, and then you'll have to run a couple rounds without me.

I won't be paying any attention to this game after this round is over, but you are always welcome to send me any questions via private message. I can't guarantee my responses will be very speedy.

Charizard04621
1st November 2005, 07:01 PM
That's a pity, Plantae. Whatever it is, I wish you good luck with it.

Tainted
1st November 2005, 08:26 PM
I'm going to side with Charizard and vote for Weasel Overlord. You'd better be right this time.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Magmar
1st November 2005, 10:57 PM
Nice going, guys... Well, I hope ya'll have the sense to vote off the person that the SEER was telling you to -_-;

I vote for Charizard. If she knew that Charizard's a wolf, then, that's enough evidence for me.

Charizard04621
2nd November 2005, 12:38 AM
I thought KK was a he... And I doubt he even Seer'd me.

Weasel Overlord
2nd November 2005, 04:03 AM
I'm gonna vote for Charizard too, that'll teach you to vote for me! heh...

Magmar
2nd November 2005, 07:10 AM
I thought KK was a he... And I doubt he even Seer'd me.

KK had suspected you from early on. You were probably the first person that SHE seer'd.

Charizard04621
2nd November 2005, 07:33 AM
KK has a female sign, but I've been told from people who RP with KK that he is in fact male. Besides, he voted for Yero Thropp. He only had one chance at Seeing.

Weasel Overlord
2nd November 2005, 08:36 AM
Krystalline Kabutops is indeed male. And the point isn't what the Seer saw...it's the fact that he's dead now, so we have to rely on our instincts (for me, anyway, I SUCK at logic!) to get the remaining wolves! Although it seems unlikely that Charizard is a wolf, her voting for Yero and all, (although the change could have been to throw us off course), I don't appreciate people voting for me when I'm bloody innocent!

Hence, my retaliation vote.

Plantae
2nd November 2005, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately for you, Charizard04621, you've made a fatal mistake. Weasel Overlord is the coward, and I'm sure you can guess why I feel no qualms revealing thus.

Dead
Charizard04621 - Werewolf
Leon-IH - Werewolf (Doom)
Sesshomaru - Villager (Doom)

Good game to all, and a win for the villagers. Hopefully, you'll catch up now that you've ended the werewolf winning streak.

I ask that you pick a host amongst yourselves. The modified rules will be on the link given in the first post of this thread. I will inform the host once they've been updated for balance reasons.

Zcade0
2nd November 2005, 05:34 PM
I... I ... I ACTUALLY LIVED!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!! Take that and smoke it wolfs! mwahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Weasel Overlord
2nd November 2005, 05:37 PM
YEAH! I hate to use unsophisticated language, but we OWNED you, wolves!

Magmar
2nd November 2005, 05:57 PM
I nailed Charizard with my shaman vote, and nailed Green Lanturn by talking to TAinted, the vigilante. I knew Tainted's and Green Lanturn's identities by being Shaman. Honestly I forgot I had this power... but I was right ALL FOUR TIMES! Go Barry! :D

Charizard04621
2nd November 2005, 06:38 PM
I figured Tainted was the Vigilante and Magmar the Shaman. Gah, I knew Weasel was a Coward after I voted but it was too late to shift to Magmar. Magmar, you did not hit me =/ Weasel's cowardly status was the cause of my death.

Plantae, any luck figuring out the balancing issues? Seer + improved one-person Vigilante + Shaman + Guardian Angel with Seer capacity + Coward = bad for wolves. What do we get, just a Mercenary?

I'm surprised I survived that many rounds. You guys should have voted me out sooner, given the 5-1 advantage you had. I'd say good game, but I really shouldn't have lasted that long considering all those villager roles. I don't mean to be a bad sport, but you shouldn't be too happy about yourselves... You voted out your own Seer when you had three people who could potentially see a wolf. =/

Oh, and just to use an idiotic WoW phrase (which I don't agree with, btw) NERF SHAMANS!!! :D

I think I need a break from this game. Being a wolf is tiring and takes up way too much time. I don't really want to host, either, unless nobody else does.

Plantae
2nd November 2005, 07:18 PM
I've started editing it already, which is visible on the rules page. The "nerf shamans" pun was clever, by the way.

And you only get the Mercenary if he wants to be part of your side. Werewolves are not meant to have any other teammates.

I'll try and fix things by tomorrow, if possible.

Plantae
2nd November 2005, 07:40 PM
I've attempted a balance. Take a look at them, and tell me any problems.

Green Lanturn
2nd November 2005, 08:40 PM
Well, I cant actually say it was a good game. I mean, the Villagers won for once, yes, that is pleasing.

Cant say I did much. I came back from the hurricane and suddenly appeared dead one night. Blah!

Well, what can I say?

Oh well, lets get going with another round.

As far as the host, I really dont care who hosts. If I must host again, I'd be happy to, but should anyone else like to come along and give it a whack, feel free.

And darn you Shaman for getting me killed!

~GL

Charizard04621
2nd November 2005, 09:00 PM
Exactly, wolves get a player that isn't even guaranteed to help them... So anyway, about the Shaman, I was serious =P It's way too much knowledge if you get lucky (which Magmar did) to couple with the Seer and a Vigilante. The Guardian Angel compromise works. I still see the balance tipped in favor of the humans, though; the Shaman should either 1) get to see only one person or 2) get to see two non-wolf roles.

Dark-San
2nd November 2005, 09:07 PM
[b][size=3] Thats me alright. And I didn't even get a chance to join the wolves since I was killed in the first night. ~_~"

Either way, who is hosting Round 7 and when is it starting?

Plantae
2nd November 2005, 09:08 PM
I forgot to fix that. I plan on changing the Shaman to one person. Did you see my other fixes?

The balance should be slightly tipped in favor of the humans.

Magmar
2nd November 2005, 09:32 PM
I volunteer to possibly host, I don't know if you want me to do round 7 though. PM me if you want.

And I used my Shaman powers to hex you, Charizard. Between me and Weasel, you were doomed.

Edit: I suppose I was right on 3, not 4. The 4th doomed out.

Plantae
3rd November 2005, 07:30 AM
Alright, the host schedule will be:

Magmar - Round 7
Green Lanturn - Round 8

Magmar, feel free to start whenever works for you. Here's the rules: http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/twg.htm.
I've changed the color in honor of the balance changes. Feel free to private message me if you have any problems.

The players are the following:
Dark-san
Kris
Krystalline Kabutops
Charizard04621
Sesshomaru
Weasel Overlord
Tainted
Vulpix.ck87
Yero Thropp
Green Lanturn
Zcade0
Leon-IH

You might do well to find a couple new ones, simply because of Sesshomaru and Leon-IH's inactivity.

Vulpix.ck87
3rd November 2005, 07:38 AM
It's... over? Crapwinkles >< But hey, we won!! Hurrah!!! And atleast my only vote was valid i guess, so roll on the next one!!! :dance:

Charizard04621
3rd November 2005, 08:19 AM
Magmar - nah. I had a 25% chance of survival. That's hardly doomed; it's 1 in 4. If it were anything below a 10% chance, then I'd be worried. You can't assume I would have died if Weasel wasn't a coward. Considering you've taken a logic class or whatever (what kind of crap is that, anyway? truth tables! I remember those from cs, hahahahaha, they don't work as often as they should and are not completely accurate; I'd rather use my common sense) I'm surprised you wouldn't consider probability.

Plantae - Ah, that explains it. I was wondering why humans continued to have an advantage... With their sheer numbers (two to one ratio), which is an advantage of its own, do they need that obvious of an advantage in roles, though? I still suggest that the seer only see once every two nights, and you could make it every odd number night if you see fit. If you shift the Guardian Angel's perception over by one, too, that would make three people able to see at least one person by the end of the first night, the Shaman beginning with that knowledge and the Seer and possibly Guardian Angel getting it after nighttime.

The way it is now, with the addition of Shaman and no-need-to-worry-about-inactive-partner Vigilante, humans don't just have a slight advantage; it is a very large margin. Having played werewolf on the beta round, I know just how difficult it was to win =P Near impossible if the Seer doesn't get nailed soon enough, even more difficult if the Shaman got to view the Seer. If the Shaman also got to see the Guardian Angel (unlikely roll, but possible) the trio would have enough power, if they evade day lynching, to carry the whole game by themselves. Werewolves, in contrast, must send at least two votes. Sure Leon-IH was doomed out, but if he wasn't (you know how inactive he is) I wouldn't have been able to vote anyone off at night. Surely that's bad compared to the Vigilante.

Another thought is you could make the wolves able to win when they equal the amount of living humans, but that's less preferable since it's very easy for the humans to make sure that it does not happen with their Shaman, Seer, and Guardian Angel. The Vigilante is pretty nasty, too.

If humans didn't outnumber werewolves so much to begin with, this wouldn't even be an issue, but yeah, they still have to be powered down a little to make them have just a slight advantage over wolves.

[EDIT]: By the way, please remove me from the player list. Hmm, I vote that you have a rule about kicking people off from the game if they were doomed out for a certain amount of games. Leon-IH and sesshomaru... Heh.

Weasel Overlord
3rd November 2005, 08:23 AM
Charizard, our votes were tied and I was the coward...you were still doomed, heh...ever since I decided to suspect you for that last vote...

Charizard04621
3rd November 2005, 02:44 PM
Weasel's cowardly status was the cause of my death.

You can't assume I would have died if Weasel wasn't a coward.

Please use your eyes :) It doesn't really matter to me, but people with faulty arguments are annoying.

Magmar
3rd November 2005, 03:05 PM
How should we go about recruiting some lovely people??

Plantae
3rd November 2005, 05:11 PM
I've noted your arguments, Charizard04621, and I've overfixed.

http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/am.htm

The game should be thus forward referred to as "Axis Mundi," or "AM." The parts of the day should be referred to as "Dawn" and "Dusk." The new start post:

DAWN I

The elders of this sleepy winter vale wake in the morning to find an old woman screaming and pointing at a bloodied corpse. "He's dead," she mumbles, "My husband is dead!" Her husband is indeed dead, and the strange markings can only suggest shifters.

"What are we to do?" The growing crowd whispers amongst themselves, before several of them come up out of the crowd. On elder, the High Elder, stands and speaks loudly...

"We'll root these shifters out!" The crowd cheers to this remark, some of them less enthusiastic than others. Pointing to his fellows, he continues, "The council of Elders will convene and we will divine who these foul shifters are," he pauses for dramatic effect, "and then they will be killed and purified" The crowd murmurs agreement, but their are somber faces amongst them.

The color scheme should be any sort of brown for the rules, and a lighter brown for the general rules. Leave the above introduction orange.

I expect you to sort any further balance changes out yourselves, and the previous host schedule continues.

Tainted
3rd November 2005, 05:26 PM
Hah! I knew you were a werewolf, Charizard. I was going to off you in the night if Weasel Overlord turned out to not be a werewolf, cause I had hunches about him being a wolf, too.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Charizard04621
3rd November 2005, 07:31 PM
I was wondering why you kept voting with me... Thought you were giving me a chance. =P

Plantae - Sweet! I like the new changes.

One question - It says that the wolf partnered with others has a 50% chance of killing the Guardian Spirit. Under the Guardian Spirit, however, it does not list any resistances to Shifter attacks.

Also - How should the High Elder go about bonding with the Datura? No specifics are given.

Weasel Overlord
4th November 2005, 05:45 AM
Wow...complex, huh? I'm gonna have to keep on referrring to those...

Plantae
4th November 2005, 07:29 AM
I've elaborated about the Datura plant. The 50% chance is to penetrate the Guardian Spirit's defenses. This means that if the Guardian Spirit protects someone, the shifters have a 50% chance to ignore this protection if there is a wolf shifter and at least one other shifter.

Send me any other questions by private message, please.

Magmar
4th November 2005, 08:09 AM
We need to increase player enrollment to play this game. Anyone who wants to join should leavea post in this thread, or I could do a sign-up thread. Discuss.

Charizard04621
4th November 2005, 08:38 AM
We need a signup thread. Call it by the new name, Axis Mundi, and I'm sure more attention will be attracted.

I also think we should boot excessively inactive players (ie: Leon IH and sesshomaru) who seem to have no interest in the game.

Oh, and I won't be playing this round, just a note.

[EDIT]: Also, current players should be required to sign up again (a new list of participants should be created, and there should be no upper limit as to the number of players). That way, we can filter out inactives such as Leon-IH and sesshomaru without forcefully booting them out of the game.

Dark-San
4th November 2005, 08:00 PM
[b][size=3] I wouldn't be in tommorow. So if sign ups does occur tommorow, remember to include me. Thanks.

Charizard04621
5th November 2005, 02:44 AM
I doubt signups would only last one day, so you should be fine anyways. It's Magmar hosting, though, right?

Zcade0
5th November 2005, 11:32 AM
I alwayz gona play unless I'm away on vacation or something. k?

Magmar
5th November 2005, 03:23 PM
Yes, I'll be hosting. Signup thread will be posted... now.