PDA

View Full Version : TML vs. Skrusti (Ref: Vermillion)

The_Missing_Link
31st October 2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, so I'm back. Yay me

2 on 2
I send out first
You attack first
DQ: 4 days
Arena: Pokemon Stadium
Restrictions: No substitute, rest or recovery moves

I'll send out Matthias (male Trapinch)

Darth Skrusti
31st October 2005, 02:16 PM
I'll accept your challenge Becca =O

I'll send out my Mudkup, Kip! (Male)

Alright, this is my first battle in a *very* long time (3-4 years >.>) so bare with me!

Kip, start out with a nice powerful MuddyWater!

Then, use your most powerful Mud Shot if there is enough mud to do so! If not, barrage it with an Ice Beam

End the round with a Rain Dance!

If any Special Attacks are used, use a Mirror Coat to send the damage doubled back at him!

MuddyWater/Mirror Coat~Mud Shot/Ice Beam/Mirror Coat~Rain Dance!/Mirror Coat

The_Missing_Link
31st October 2005, 07:19 PM
It hasn't been 3 years and you know it. You were still around in 2002 --;

Dig to evade and attack. Then use double team followed by earthquake

Dig~Double Team~Earthquake

Vermillion
31st October 2005, 09:12 PM
I'll ref..will get to it tomorrow

Vermillion
1st November 2005, 07:22 PM
ROUND 1
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium

The Missing Link Vs. Darth Skrusti
2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification
Banned Attacks: Substitute | Rest | Recovery Moves

Matthias{M}
http://www.veekun.com/dex-images/emerald/328.png
HP/EN-100%/100%
Dig | Double Team | Earthquake

VS.

Kip{M}
http://www.veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/258.png
HP/EN-100%/100%
Muddy Water/Mirror Coat | Mud Shot/Ice Beam/Mirror Coat | Rain Dance/Mirror Coat

Intro
Fanfare echoes throughout the arena…the mob of spectators cheers their lungs out in anticipation…and somewhere out there…a Grumpig is flying…(weird joke I know..) TML, the true and original Vet…has returned. She enters from the shadows of her corridor and waves graciously to the manic patrons. Who would of thought you could get 5 thousand people to wear “We love TML” shirts all at the same time…heh. Moving on, her anxious opponents rolls a ready poke ball between his fingers, itching to get this fight rolling. TML is happy to oblige as she calls forth her Ant Lion, Matthias. In retaliation, a Mud Skipper like creature takes a ready stance in front of Darth…let’s begin.

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

The battle jump starts with a bang as Kip flexes his spongy orange gills, filling them with a thick murky fluid. The massive insect like ground type hurriedly chews through the dirt flooring and digs a deep pit, mandibles alone. Mudkip sprays his grimy water only to have it sail over a newly created tunnel.

Kip’s eye twitches a bit from irritation of his attack failing and charges for the hole. A glassy spheroid gathers between his lips to inflict frosty justice to Matthias right into his burrow. Half way to his destination, a light rumbling occurs and the ground beneath his paws breaks free and abruptly hurls Kip skyward by an underground tackle. As his body twist and flips in mid air, the Ice Beam fires off in a random, non-threatening direction. Dusting himself off, Matthias flashes and splits into two.

Kip lands upon his back, but rolls over quickly in a fighting stance; there goes that twitch again. Putting his frustration on the back burner, he clears his mind to chant and sway rhythmically to abide the wishes of the rain Gods. Clouds form from nothingness on a clear blue day and swirl into a gray mass. As the Mud Fish continues to concentrate, Matthias answers by taking advantage of his opponent, who has left himself wide open for attack. The Trapich’s rise on there hind legs and soundly drops like an anvil, sending a wave of fast moving earth. As soon as Kip felt the first sweet drops a moisture he is clobbered by a traveling mound of terra firma, flinging him like a rag doll to slide to a stop. The rain has picked up a bit now and Matthias loses his clone and shakes off the droplets which annoy him, Kip get up again and glares at the Ant Lion, *twitch twitch*….
~~~~
[color=orange]STATS
~~~~

Matthias
HP/EN – 99%/87%
Disliking the Rain

Kip
HP/EN - 89%/84%
Bruised
Eye excessively twitching from aggrevation

Arena Effects – Rain Dance for 4 more rounds

The_Missing_Link
3rd November 2005, 05:39 PM
Go for another earthquake and then use a quick attack + bite combo

Earthquake~Quick Attack + Bite

Darth Skrusti
3rd November 2005, 10:45 PM
Becca, its been long enough. If I *was* around in '02, then it has been three years, because it would've been early '02, so >.O

Kip: Muuud...*twitch twitch* >.O

Alright Kip, let's do this the right way now! I want you to use your best Ice Beam Right before that Trapinch uses Earthquake! Freeze it and prevent it from smashing into the ground!

Then, when it is rushing at you for a Quick Attack and its Bite combo, (unless it is frozen in place), take out your frustration on it by using Frustration! Show it how angry you are!

If it is frozen in place, blast it with your Water Pulse!

Finally, no matter if that Quick Attack/Bite worked, soak him in your Toxic....whatever o.O

Kip: Muuuud...KIIIIIIP! >.O *twitch twitch*

Ice Beam~Frustration/Water Pulse~Toxic

The_Missing_Link
12th November 2005, 01:06 PM
I don't like to bump battles but I think 12 days is a bit too long

Edit: You've come back so many times that it couldn't have been 3 years. I think it was '03 or '04 when you finally left

Vermillion
12th November 2005, 11:25 PM
ROUND 2
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium - Rain Dance for 4 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Matthias{M}
HP/EN – 99%/87%
Disliking the Rain
Earthquake | Quick Attack+Bite Combo

VS.

Kip{M}
HP/EN - 89%/84%
Bruised
Eye excessively twitching from aggravation
Ice Beam | Frustration/Water Pulse | Toxic

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

Matthias shiver and rise up to deliver another ground strike but Kip is prepared and blasts off a cold beam which tags the ant lion in the stomach and rolls it over on his back.

The Mudkip grins smugly and center his anger into a destructive force as Matthias quickly rolls up and charges at Kip, a white streak behind him. The frosty ice beam has taken effect leaving Trapinch a bit sluggish even for the quick attack. Matthias opens his jaws as he closes in but Kip dodges swiftly and tackles him in the side to knock him off balance. Matthias stumble and rolls from the momentum and lands in a heap, and to top this off a burning poison splatters his face, delivering some nasty effects for later in this battle. Kip’s twitch seems to be calming a bit…..
~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Matthias
HP/EN – 81%/78%
Disliking the Rain
Toxic Poisoning +2% next round

Kip
HP/EN - 89%/76%
Bruised
Eye twitching less
Pleased with himself

Arena Effects – Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

Darth Skrusti
15th November 2005, 02:25 AM
TML, my last post was in December, 2002. It's in the RPG section still, amazingly o0 Anyway....

I see you're feeling better Kip.

Kip: Muuud ^-^ *mini-twitch*

Good. Now, blast it with another Ice Beam, followed by a Secret Power, and finally end with a Double Team

Substitutions: If any 'special' attacks come near you, Mirror Coat them back. If Matthias tries to use Earthquake, blast it with another Ice Beam to make sure it can't perform it.

Ice Beam/Mirror Coat ~ Secret Power/Mirror Coat/Ice Beam ~ Double Team/Mirror Coat/Ice Beam

The_Missing_Link
17th November 2005, 06:26 PM
Dig to evade and attack. Then use your own toxic since it apparently works in the rain. Finally, lets make use of his blunder and try a facade

Dig~Toxic~Facade

Darth Skrusti
22nd November 2005, 10:04 AM
*pokes back up to the first page*

Vermillion
22nd November 2005, 07:44 PM
ROUND 3
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium - Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Matthias{M}
HP/EN – 81%/78%
Disliking the Rain
Toxic Poisoning +2% next round
Dig | Toxic | Facade

VS.

Kip{M}
HP/EN - 89%/76%
Bruised
Eye twitching less
Pleased with himself
Ice Beam/Mirror Coat | Secret Power/Mirror Coat/Ice Beam | Double Team/Mirror Coat/Ice Beam

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

Kip musters a spiraling Ice beam as Matthias chomps the arena floor in an attempt to dodge. The beacon is much faster than the sopping wet and cold ground type and he is struck on his descending backside. The force of the blow throws the Trapinch from his tunnel and freezes his lower half.

Now struggling with his icy bond, Matthias is left wide open to be assailed by a glittering off white ray from the mouth of Kip. It knocks the ant lion for a loop and leaves his head in a muddled mess, confused greatly.

Kip’s strategy is paying off better than expected so he proceeds to cloak himself in clones, flashing to encircle Matthias with a total of 6 Mudkip’s..which disappear in the rain. Matthias bobbles his head, very disorientated, freezing, drenched, and poisoned….ouch….
~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Matthias
HP/EN – 64%/58%
Disliking the Rain
Toxic Poisoning +4% next round
Frozen – Bottom Half of Body
Confused…

Kip
HP/EN - 89%/60%
Bruised
Eye not twitching
Incredibly pleased

Arena Effects – Rain Dance for 2 more rounds

The_Missing_Link
28th November 2005, 12:06 PM
How can clones exist when rain is falling down? *sighs* And why did Matthias's energy burn up faster than Kip's? He was stuck to the ground the whole time and lost 20 compared to Kip's 16

Chris 2.1
28th November 2005, 02:31 PM
Some people don't ref rain as being strong enough to wipe out clones. I know swift and general projectiles work but it's all up to the ref really.

Vermillion
28th November 2005, 06:09 PM
Why the energy burn up? Mostly because the mix of frozen, and poisoning burn up alot of energy. A. To get free of the ice and B. Poison doesn't just ake health, the less healthy you are the less energy you have...

The_Missing_Link
28th November 2005, 09:18 PM
From what I read, I saw no reason to assume that Matthias was struggling against the ice

Matthias, use crunch on the ice to free yourself. Then go wild with earthquake x2

Crunch~Earthquake x2

Darth Skrusti
28th November 2005, 09:49 PM
What'd I miss o0

Anyway...

Kip, this isn't over yet! I want you to blast him with a full power Blizzard, after he starts chomping down.

Now, if he is still frozen, he can't perform Earthquake, at least I don't *think* he can, but I could be wrong. Gather up some of the water in the air and push it into a Water Pulse attack! Then, end the round with a short rest. Don't do anything else.

If he's not still frozen, blast him with an [color=lightblue[/color] until he is!

Blizzard ~ Water Pulse/Ice Beam ~ Take a rest/Ice Beam

Vermillion
29th November 2005, 06:21 PM
After looking over my ref, I realized I am in the wrong, and do apologize...though I did not change the stats, I explained them better in the reffing and the clone problem was fixed. Again, please forgive, and the reffing will be done as soon as possible.

Vermillion
29th November 2005, 07:03 PM
ROUND 4
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium - Rain Dance for 2 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Matthias{M}
HP/EN – 64%/58%
Disliking the Rain
Toxic Poisoning +4% next round
Frozen – Bottom Half of Body
Confused…
Crunch | Earthquake | Earthquake

VS.

Kip{M}
HP/EN - 89%/60%
Bruised
Eye not twitching
Incredibly pleased
Blizzard ~ Water Pulse/Ice Beam ~ Take a rest/Ice Beam

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

Matthias gathers all his mental capacity to make the spinning Mudkip’s hold still. He opens his jaws and in one swoop, chomps the ice holding him down. He stretches the quivering limbs but is met with a barrage of frost and snow which blow him away and freeze his face.

Kip’s eye twitches again as his tactic is only half successful and gathers more cold energy. An idea pops in the scrambled mind of the ant lion, kill two birds with one stone! Matthias rears up and slams his skull into the ground, systematically shattering his frozen helmet, send a screaming quake wave to slam Mudkip and divert its attack, AND knock his confusion away. Scratch what I said...three birds.

He shakes the dirt from his head and sees Kip in the distance, struggling on shaky legs to get up. “The ground is so inviting though” Matthias thinks to him. He relishes in creating another tremor which bounces and throws the poor mud fish into the stadium wall…
~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Matthias
HP/EN – 53%/40%
Disliking the Rain
Toxic Poisoning +8% next round
Unfrozen
Free of Confusion

Kip
HP/EN - 65%/42%
Bruised
Eye not twitching
Incredibly pleased

Arena Effects – Rain Dance for 1 more rounds

Side Notes – Kip’s attacks didn’t connect b/c of the barrage of Earthquakes, and also said barrage is the reason for his lower energy.
Matthias double Earthquake used a great double of energy as well

Darth Skrusti
3rd December 2005, 08:27 PM
Sorry it has taken so long.

Kip

Take the advantage of the waning rain and Water Pulse. Then, use a Ice Ball. End with a Blizzard.

Ice Beam If it tries to perform Earthquake.

Bleh, I've probably meesed up with attacks, but I'm a little bit busy >.>

Water Pulse ~ Ice Ball ~ Blizzard

Subs: Ice Beam if he uses Earthquake.

The_Missing_Link
6th December 2005, 02:26 PM
Use sunny day to warm the arena up a bit. I'm sure the sun will be out now so use a solarbeam and then use giga drain. If you somehow get frozen and can't move, use crunch

Sunny Day~Solarbeam~Giga Drain

Vermillion
14th December 2005, 03:28 PM
Sorry for the delay in my reffing, tis the season and all, but I will get to it as soon as possible

Vermillion
16th December 2005, 06:55 PM
ROUND 5
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium - Rain Dance for 1 more round

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Matthias{M}
HP/EN – 53%/40%
Disliking the Rain
Toxic Poisoning +8% next round
Unfrozen
Free of Confusion
Sunny Day | Solarbeam | Giga Drain

VS.

Kip{M}
HP/EN - 65%/42%
Bruised
Eye not twitching
Incredibly pleased
Water Pulse | Ice Ball | Blizzard ~ Sub-Ice Beam

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

The chill going down Matthias from the torrential rains is truly annoying. With that in mind, he opens his mouth and gathers an energy sphere which radiates with heat. Kip gets up, wobbly from the aftershocks, and searches for his opponent. His eyes are filled with a yellow luminance which he squints under. The ball of sailing solar energy stops in mid-air 20 feet straight up and explodes to twice its original size. The sweltering heat from the Sunny Day also instantly dries the clouds and Mud Fish out but he manages to send a pulsing stream of water, but as it races and strikes Matthias, it is greatly evaporated and weakened.

With the last of the rains all gone Kip is now on the defensive of weather attacks and he surrounds himself in a wispy ice blue energy, which under the faux sun, is melted to a mere inch off his body. With a slight twitch and a sigh, he sprints at his opponent. Matthias grins, opens his jaws and rips a golden beam, larger than his head, which engulfs Kip and sends him smashing into the stadium wall.

Mudkip limply falls to the floor, blackened all over and he coughs in pain. A gently rumbling catches his attention and he opens one eye to ponder this. His eyes bug out as a salivating Matthias charges with a great hunger. Kip rolls over to his feet and fires a swirling cone of ice chunks, which promptly melts to water which splashes Trapinch. It slows him only a bit before he almost swallows Kip and absorb his life force in the form of a soft green glow….
~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Matthias
HP/EN – 50%/29%
Enjoying the sin
Toxic Poisoning +16% next round

Kip
HP/EN - 37%/23%
Bruised & Blackened
Eye twitching
Trapped inside a wet mouth

Arena Effects – Sunny Day for 4 more rounds

Side Notes – Matthias health only lost 3 b/c from the math of the water hitting, the poison, and the Giga Drain hitting, which added out to that.
Kip was badly hurt by the amped Solar beam and the usage of powerful attacks that failed

The_Missing_Link
17th December 2005, 05:04 PM
Earthquake, solarbeam and then take a break. If he uses rain dance on the first turn or before you can use solarbeam, use earthquake

Earthquake~Solarbeam/Earthquake~Take a Break

Darth Skrusti
17th December 2005, 09:24 PM
Darth Skrusti takes a look to the sky, and then to his Mudkip. This might be the last round for the poor critter.

"Kip, you can do this. I know you can. There's not much we can do, but we're sure going to try!"

"Kip...Muuuuuudkiiiiiip!"

Smiling, DS points to Matthias. "You heard Becca's orders, so let's do our best to counter them! First, I want you to use your Rain Dance again. Yes, this leaves you open for an attack...but...Solarbeam would hurt worse. Next, I want you to create a wave of Surf! And, I want you to RIDE IT! Stay *off* the ground, because that Earthquake can only harm you if you are on the ground. Finally, after you slam that wave into Matthias, I want you to use a point blank Water Pulse! Try your best to confuse Matthias!

Darth Skrusti
23rd December 2005, 06:45 PM
Making sure this isn't forgotten about, although I know how hectic life can be sometimes....

Vermillion
23rd December 2005, 07:52 PM
Hey sorry for my absence, the holiday season makes you lazy...heh, plus I've been sick and working over...I'll do what I can when I get a free moment. Thanx for your patience..

Vermillion
26th December 2005, 12:49 PM
ROUND 6
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium - Sunny Day for 4 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Matthias{M}
HP/EN – 50%/29%
Enjoying the sin
Toxic Poisoning +16% next round
Earthquake | Solarbeam | Chill Sub-Earthquake

VS.

Kip{M}
HP/EN - 37%/23%
Bruised & Blackened
Eye twitching
Trapped inside a wet mouth
Rain Dance | Surf | Water Pulse

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

With a hocking spit, Kip is dislodged from the confines of Matthias’ jaws. His drool covered figure staggers up and shakes the excess gunk away. Pushing THAT horrible experience to the back of his mind Kip focuses on this heat wave, by generating coiling clouds which blanketed the false sun and fizzes it out to nothing, bringing the rains again. Matthias growls as the droplets singe his hid, and rear up to send another Earthquake that hits Mudkip.

Once he stops tumbling, Kip rises again through sheer grit and determination and glares at his opponent. The shallow puddles and torrential rains give rise to an idea. He cries with animalistic rage and pulsates with a blue energy, and all at once, the puddles, the mist, and rain, glow in unison and converge under the paws of Kip. Trapinch for the first time in this battle staggers back from the sight of the slowly growing tidal wave. He catches his moment of cowardliness and decides to end this attack with yet another quake. The earth attack rolls into the swaying mass of H20 but only serves to tear a hole that is quickly rebuilt. With a sneer of malice Kip wills his wave forward to cascade on Matthias and drown him.

Kip lands a few feet away from his tower and turns to watch what will happen next. The waters reside to show a flattened ant lion, coughing up heaps of liquid. Taking a break is all Matthias can do and Kip breathes heavily from exerting so much energy. With a final act for his next ally, he sends a small aqua blast, circled with single ring of supersonic pulsation that tags Matthias in the size and rolls him on his back. Kip smiles faintly and collapses from exhaustion while the Toxic has worn the last bit of strength from Matthias’ body…
~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Matthias
HP/EN – 0%/0%
Fainted

Kip
HP/EN - 0%/0%

Arena Effects – Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

Double KO, TML will choose, Skrusti will choose and attack, TML will attack

Side Notes – Matthias also fell b/c of the combination of rain pelting him again, the full force of the crashing Surf attack, Water Pulse ball, and Toxic poison, which sapped his energy. Surf worked on the idea that the constant pouring rain gave a unlimited amount water to control, but not as powerful as body of water.

The_Missing_Link
26th December 2005, 11:51 PM
I'll send out Chiron ("male" Starmie)

Darth Skrusti
30th December 2005, 12:28 PM
With a smile, Darth Skrusti holds up Kip's ball, and with a soft "...return...", calls the Mudkip back into its ball. Thinking about Becca's final choice for the round, he nods, and enlarges another ball. "Yuki, I choose you!" He calls out. The Meditite yawns and stretches after being released, performing small acrobatic movements to prepare herself for battle. Smiling at her, he gives her orders for the round.

"Yuki, this Starmie is a formidable opponent, aye, but I doubt it's going to be able to move very fast on land. Start off with a Mind Reader, get a better idea of what it is going to do. Next, Swagger!. Finally, end your turn with a point blank Shadow Ball!

Subs:

If Starmie tries to use its Psychic, try your best to counter with your own Psychic!

The_Missing_Link
3rd January 2006, 09:18 PM
Let's throw her off kilter before she can do much damage, Chiron. Start off with a confuse ray to thoroughly disorient her. Then use thunderwave and finally use water pulse. If confuse ray doesn't work, use protect and if you don't use thunderwave on the second action, use it on the third action

Confuse Ray~Thunderwave/Protect~Water Pulse/Thunderwave

Vermillion
6th January 2006, 05:11 PM
ROUND 7
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium – Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Chiron{M}
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/121.png
HP/EN – 100%/100%
Ready to go.
Confuse Ray | Thunderwave | Water Pulse Subs: Protect, Thunderwave

VS.

Yuki{F}
http://veekun.com/dex-images/emerald/307.png
HP/EN - 100%/100%
Ready to go.
[i]Mind Reader | Swagger | Shadow Ball Subs: Psychic[i]

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

Two ruby beams rocket from their respective red and white spheres to collect up their water logged occupants. With a somber sigh and a “Good Job” to her ball, TML replaces it with a shining aqua blue one. With a nice spin on the throw, her next choice in her arsenal is Chiron. He hums with joy from the cooling rain as light sparkly off his gem core. Not to be out done, DS implements a pokemon of the Psychic nature as well in Yuki, a pint size yoga master. She warms up with handstand push up and unique ways of contorting her body, shaking water off her head.

As I nod to both trainers, the second half of the round begins...Chiron leaps into action and generates a ghastly gray light from his jewel. Yuki levitate in an Indian style position and closes her eyes as she enters the mind of the seas star. He eyes bolt open and she cartwheels a distance away as the Confuse Ray explodes in her previous spot.

Yuki slides to a stop and takes a fighting stance, but there isn’t an attack coming for her, instead, Chiron fans his body and surrounds himself in a glittering jade orb of protection. Thinking he is a coward, the Meditite yells obscenity of all forms and proceeds to use offensive hand gestures but alas, Chiron’s shield blocks all these attempts to rile him up.

Now that that plan is a bust, Yuki will have to bring the battle to him! She charges and touches her wrist together in a clam shell style and charges a ebony ball of energy, crackling with violet electricity. She throws her arms and the mass of ghost power at her opponent, but it seems he was waiting for her to get close enough to strangle her with an entwining bolt of voltage. Her attack flies over Chirons body and lands a distance away doing little damage. Yuki yelp as she is shocked relentlessly and tossed aside. She manages to rise, but quivering as she is now in a battle with her own nervous system.
~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Chiron
HP/EN – 100%/84%
Patient.

Yuki
HP/EN - 96%/89%
Paralyzed
Determined

Arena Effects – Rain Dance for 2 more rounds

The_Missing_Link
9th January 2006, 03:44 PM
Chiron, use thunderbolt, blizzard and then relax

Thunderbolt~Blizzard~Relax

Darth Skrusti
9th January 2006, 10:11 PM
I know the Shadowball missed its direct hit, but it said little damage was done, and Chiron is still at 100% O.o Wouldn't "some" damage be a percent or something? *shrugs*

Anyway...Huzzah for Status Conditions >_> Yuki's been having problems with those lately.

Alrighty then. Yuki, use Psychic to grab ahold of that bolt and curl it straight back at at Chiron. Then, before he can use Blizzard, create a Light Screen in a dome around you to protect you from the winter storm. Finally, it'll be resting, so, use Sunny Day

Psychic (Throw T-Bolt back) ~ Light Screen (Dome form) ~ Sunny Day.

Vermillion
10th January 2006, 05:37 PM
Sorry to not clarify, I meant that the Shadow Ball hit the ground with little damage, it missed Chiron completely.

ROUND 8
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium – Rain Dance for 2 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Chiron{M}
HP/EN – 100%/84%
Patient.
Thunderbolt | Blizzard | Chill

VS.

Yuki{F}
HP/EN - 96%/89%
Paralyzed
Determined
[i]Psychic(Reverse Thunderbolt) | Light Screen(Dome) | Sunny Day[i]

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

Yuki pant’s as her body seizes randomly from her paralyzed state but she preservers taking a fighting stance. Starmie lashes off a whizzing blast of electricity which Yuki mental latches onto. She quivers as she raises her arms and diverts the attack straight up, but before she has the chance to return it her form locks up and the attack simply sails into the sky.

Slightly peeved from her first assault, she continues on with her trainer’s orders and casts an opaque dome. Just as it finishes her shield is put to the test, barricading her from the harsh blast of ice and snow. Chiron’s core returns to its normal color after the powerful Blizzard.

Although his attacks failed, there is always time to rest a bit, Chiron slouches a bit and let out an exasperated sigh. Meditite eye’s the resting sea star and devises to end his watery joy and her own wet misery. Forming a glowing fire ball in her palm she tosses it into the sky and while her hand is still extended she closes her fist which detonates the energy into a shining false sun. Chiron stares up at the Sunny Day annoyed as well as myself…so many weather changes…so little time.
~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Chiron
HP/EN – 100%/74%
Drying out.
Annoyed by the sun

Yuki
HP/EN - 96%/69%
Paralyzed
Light Screenned for 1 Special attack

Arena Effects – Sunny Day for 4 more rounds

Side Note – Light Screens/Reflects can only absorb 2 attacks so unless so it will remain active till it is hit with another Special/Physical attack.

Darth Skrusti
12th January 2006, 09:59 PM
and it is my turn to attack :o

Yuki, nice job so far.

Begin with a nice Calm Mind. Sit there and think. Don't worry about anything else. Then, use a Shadow Ball, and try and aim it carefully this time! Finally, end with a Swagger

Calm Mind ~ Shadow Ball ~ Swagger

*is feeling unimaginative at the moment >_>*

The_Missing_Link
14th January 2006, 12:51 PM
Considering toxic isn't a special attack, I think it's fitting to use on a sitting duck. Then use double team and rapid spin. Try to spin fast enough to keep you from hearing her taunts but if you can hit her as well, go for it

Toxic~Double Team~Rapid Spin

Vermillion
15th January 2006, 11:59 AM
ROUND 9
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium – Sunny Day for 4 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Chiron{M}
HP/EN – 100%/74%
Drying out.
Annoyed by the sun
Toxic | Double Team | Rapid Spin

VS.

Yuki{F}
HP/EN - 96%/69%
Paralyzed
[i]Calm Mind | Shadow Ball | Swagger[i]

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

The yoga master, under her dome, takes an Indian style squat and closes her eyes. She chants in her native tongue and slowly gravitates upwards as she begins to reach a high plane of consciousness. Chiron sees this as a perfect opportunity to hinder his opponent even more by leaping over head and raining down a dollop of poison. It easily passes the light screen and breaks the concentration of Yuki, burning into her scalp.

As Yuki flails to rid her self of the acidic substance, the sea star flashes brilliantly and creates a tight circle of copies which stay in a constant state of motion. Yuki suddenly realizes she in outnumbered in her brief fit and she shifts her eyes from side to side, who to attack? She gathers a Shadow Ball between her palms and sighs deeply; letting her newly clamed nature and focused mind lead her. Immediately and on instinct alone she blindly throws her attack backwards and scores a direct blow which dissipates all the clones.

Chiron skids on his back, smoking a bit but springs back up, angered. Fuel is added to the fire by the taunting gestures of the fighter. Yuki belittles Chiron, calling her sharp points “dull as butter knifes”. Chrion’s core burns a deeper red then normal and he rashly rushes Yuki who can tell he is confused and easily evades the spinning shuriken and watches him slam into the ground.

~~~~
STATS
~~~~

Chiron
HP/EN – 91%/61%
Drying out.
Annoyed by the sun
Confused and Angered

Yuki
HP/EN - 93%/57%
Paralyzed
Toxic Poisoning +2% Nex Round
Calmed Mind - Raised Special Attack & Defense

Arena Effects – Sunny Day for 3 more rounds

The_Missing_Link
17th January 2006, 09:46 AM
Chiron, use a small water gun to get rid of the light screen but big enough to not dissipate under the heat. Then go at him with a rapid spin and then relax to try and calm yourself down

Water Gun~Rapid Spin~Relax

Darth Skrusti
18th January 2006, 01:41 PM
Yuki, I want you to charge forward, and set up a Reflect as you go. Then, when Chiron bounces off, hit with a double Thunderpunch!

Reflect ~ Thunderpunchx2

Vermillion
19th January 2006, 06:15 PM
ROUND 10
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium – Sunny Day for 3 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Chiron{M}
HP/EN – 91%/61%
Drying out.
Annoyed by the sun
Confused and Angered
Watergun | Rapid Spin | Chill

VS.

Yuki{F}
HP/EN - 93%/57%
Paralyzed
Toxic Poisoning +2% Next Round
[i]Reflect | Thunderpunch | Thunderpunch[i]

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

The sea star wobbles a bit from his landing and turn to find Yuki sitting, wait on him to make the first move. He simply bends his middle spike and sprays a light jet of water to tag the opaque dome and shatter it around the fighter. No big matter, she simply creates a neon orange wall to take its place.

With her shield in place, Yuki runs dead for Chiron, who has now begun spinning and sounding like a buzz saw. Yuki is unafraid with her clever defensives and as plan Chiron ricochets off the wall and lands on his back. What she didn’t expect was the strength of the hit to smack her own wall right into her face, shattering it and her nose.

Chiron spring up and sigh, trying his best to settle his mind and body. He can feel the wooziness of confusion drifting away but an animalistic cry draws his attention. A frustrated Yuki pummels a crackling knuckle into his core, throwing him for a loop. She breaths haggardly, wiping her bloody nose clean repeatedly.

~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Chiron
HP/EN – 84%/62 %
Drying out.
Annoyed by the sun
Confusion and Anger fading
Scorched gem

Yuki
HP/EN - 88%/44%
Paralyzed
Toxic Poisoning +4% Next Round
Broken Nose

Arena Effects – Sunny Day for 2 more rounds

Side Note – Reflect broke b/c it hit 2 physical object, 1 Chiron, 2 Yuki’s face. The 1st Thunderpunch didn’t work b/c her face was hit. If you’re wondering why it was a “Wall” and not a “Dome” it wasn’t specified. ]

Darth Skrusti
19th January 2006, 06:42 PM
*falls over* I knew I forgot something. Oh well.

Yuki! Er...nicely done!

Yuki: ...Medi...Titi...¬¬

*cough*

Start off with a Fake out! If Chiron uses Protect against this, I instead want you to Calm your Mind! Next, Mind Reader! Find out what Chiron plans to do, and try your best to dodge it! Lastly, try a Shadow Ball, unless Chiron does something to protect himself against it, in which charge forward for a brutal Thunderpunch!

Fake Out/Calm Mind ~ Mind reader ~ Shadow Ball/Thunderpunch

*nods*

The_Missing_Link
21st January 2006, 05:45 PM
Double team then relax so her attack will be wasted. Finally, use tri attack

Double Team~Relax~Tri Attack

Vermillion
24th January 2006, 09:32 PM
Sorry for the delay, been busy with baby stuff..will how a reffing tomorrow promise.

Vermillion
28th January 2006, 08:11 PM
ROUND 11
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium – Sunny Day for 2 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Chiron{M}
HP/EN – 84%/62 %
Drying out.
Annoyed by the sun
Confusion and Anger fading
Scorched gem
Double Team | Chill | Tri Attack

VS.

Yuki{F}
HP/EN - 88%/44%
Paralyzed
Toxic Poisoning +4% Next Round
Broken Nose
[i]Fake Out | Mind Reader | Shadow Ball-Sub:Calm Mind | Thunderpunch[i]

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

Yuki wipes away her blood soaked nose and clenches her fist in contempt. She darts forward in a leaping kick but as she nears to damage the Starmie once again he splits into a ring of doubles, which causes Yuki to continue on and land on her back.

As the clones stop there movement to rest up some more, Yuki takes her meditation pose and reaches into the real mind of Chiron, she grins with glee.

With her new knowledge in tack, she powers up her ghostly ball and readies to throw just as Chiron gathers a triangular shaped mass of energy, glowing with colors of Red, Blue, and Yellow. They both fire and Yuki angles her attack to the far left which hits her target flawlessly. To try and answer back, Chiron releases his Tri Force technique but knowing full well of the Star Fishes plans, she easily shifts sideways, effortlessly dodging…

~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Chiron
HP/EN – 76%/67 %
Drying out.
Annoyed by the sun
Scorched gem

Yuki
HP/EN - 82%/35%
Paralyzed
Toxic Poisoning +8% Next Round
Broken Nose

Arena Effects – Sunny Day for 1 more rounds

The_Missing_Link
28th January 2006, 08:45 PM
Try a swift this time and then use tri attack followed up by confuse ray

Swift~Tri Attack~Confuse Ray

Darth Skrusti
28th January 2006, 11:25 PM
Set up a Light Screen.

Now, since this should protect you from Tri Attack, I want you to incase that Starmie in a Rock Tomb after the Tri Attack hits the Light Screen! Then, use Psychic to push the rocks down tighter. Make it a *very* tight squeeze!

Light Screen ~ Rock Tomb ~ Psychic (Force rocks together harder in on Starmie)

Vermillion
2nd February 2006, 08:14 PM
ROUND 12
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium – Sunny Day for 1 more rounds

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Chiron{M}
HP/EN – 76%/67 %
Drying out.
Annoyed by the sun
Scorched gem
Swift | Tri Attack | Confuse Ray

VS.

Yuki{F}
HP/EN - 82%/35%
Paralyzed
Toxic Poisoning +8% Next Round
Broken Nose
[i]Light Screen | Rock Tomb | Psychic[i]

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

Huffing with fatigue the tiny fighter crosses her arms in a defensive stance but her body locks up, an effect of the paralysis that plagues her. With no where to go and no protection she is an easy target to be punished by the heat seeking stars.

She is toppled on her back from the barrage, but rises in a huff to punch the ground in hopes of unearthing some imprisoning boulders. Few rocks can be conjured in this battle field but they burst from the ground and rain upon Chiron. Before they can trap him he destroys half the boulders with a Tri Attack from his gem. It spins with its set of three elements to hit Yuki and subsequently freeze her left arm.

Weighed down she readjusts her stance and extends her good arm to manipulate the remaining stones and shove them around Chiron tightly. Starmie launches a Confuse Ray which is blocked by the rocks and is filtered through to dissipate. As the round ends the false sun slowly fades to nothing…

~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Chiron
HP/EN – 71%/59 %
Scorched gem
Packed loosely with rocks

Yuki
HP/EN - 65%/16%
Paralyzed
Toxic Poisoning +16% Next Round
Broken Nose
Frozen Left Arm
Very tired

Arena Effects – Sunny Day Finished

Darth Skrusti
2nd February 2006, 09:30 PM
Apologies, Yuki, I had not noticed what state you were in.

Rest up for a turn, then Metronomex2.

The_Missing_Link
2nd February 2006, 10:11 PM
Don't let her rest. Psychic to lift her up and then slam her down. Then use double team and finally, use another tri attack

Psychic~Double Team~Tri Attack

Vermillion
9th February 2006, 08:50 PM
Me like Metronome...

ROUND 13
Arena – Standard Outdoor Stadium

2 on 2 Single Battle
4 Day Disqualification

Chiron{M}
HP/EN – 71%/59 %
Scorched gem
Packed loosely with rocks
Psychic | Double Team | Tri Attack

VS.

Yuki{F}
HP/EN - 65%/16%
Paralyzed
Toxic Poisoning +16% Next Round
Broken Nose
Frozen Left Arm
Very tired
[i]Chill | Metronome | Metronome[i]

~~~~~
BATTLE
~~~~~

With Chiron held by boulders, Yuki plops on the floor and heaves, trying to crack the block upon her limb. Suddenly she feels her body lock up, lost to her control to sail into the air. Below she can see the glowing form of the sea star, rocks repelled and pulsating. Chiron thrusts his body down and Yuki follows, smashing the earth.

The ice shattered from the fall thankfully, but her body can’t take any more punishment. In her mind a soft ticking of a Metronome echoes, delving into her psyche for unknown abilities. Through her blurred vision Yuki groans at the circle of copies AGAIN and snarls. She rise swiftly and with a deep breath releases a guttural Roar, the sound bouncing all around. Chiron and his “family” simultaneous lurch back, quivering and suddenly blink out of existence.

The young fighter smiles and closes her eyes to listen to the ticking of randomness, hoping for something powerful, but Chiron shakes off his fear of the tiny creature and gathers a final assault. Yuki feels a new ability…Speed…She charges forth with a Quick Attack and tackles Chrion down and stands over her, panting triumphantly but this feeling of overcoming the odds ends just as quick as her technique. Chiron blasts her hard with his Triforce attack, repelling Yuki away and to land lifeless, completely exhausted…

~~~~
[color=yellow]STATS
~~~~

Chiron
HP/EN – 67%/53 %
Scorched gem

Yuki
HP/EN - 0%/0%
Fainted…

Battle goes to TML, have a great day.

Darth Skrusti
9th February 2006, 11:02 PM
Meh, no doubt you would win, considering you got the Toxic in.

Not saying you're a bad battler, quite the opposite, but Toxic is a bit cheap.

Anywho, congrats Becca. *toddles off to the bank for his point deposit*

The_Missing_Link
9th February 2006, 11:06 PM
Meh, no doubt you would win, considering you got the Toxic in.

Not saying you're a bad battler, quite the opposite, but Toxic is a bit cheap.

Anywho, congrats Becca. *toddles off to the bank for his point deposit*

I didn't even realize Vermillion reffed this O-o Thanks for reffing

If you wanted toxic or other status attacks banned, you should've spoken up. I could easily say that using a water type against a ground type is cheap but that's the way battles happen

Aside from that, good battle

Darth Skrusti
9th February 2006, 11:15 PM
I didn't even realize Vermillion reffed this O-o Thanks for reffing

If you wanted toxic or other status attacks banned, you should've spoken up. I could easily say that using a water type against a ground type is cheap but that's the way battles happen

Aside from that, good battle

He just reffed :P

Paralysis, NORMAL Poison, and other such statuses don't do what Toxic does though. Toxic drains health and energy far faster than it should. Type advantages are a whole different category. And, this was my first battle. I didn't know Toxic had this effect. It certainly didn't back down the road. As far as i can remember, anyway.

But yeah, good battle.

The_Missing_Link
9th February 2006, 11:20 PM
This was your first battle after a hiatus. And you know what toxic does but refs ref it in their own style. I ref it as losing health and increasingly sluggish movements and others ref it as health and energy, but with different twists. Refs have always used their own interpretations, even back in 2001

And yes, I forgot today was the 9th. Kinda slow like that

Darth Skrusti
9th February 2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, a very long hiatus. Toxic is a worse version of Poisoning, it decreases health by certain increments that increase over time. However, it was never reffed like this, mainly because people back then didn't use it like people do now. Back in 2001, people were more happy with beating their opponents down physically.

It was never this powerful Becca, and you should know that.

Anyway, enough complaining from me.

Greyfox
10th February 2006, 10:52 AM
Actually, Skrusti, Toxic has been pretty powerful ever since ditto_pokefreak introduced TPM to battling anime-styled (back when ASB battles were ran in the Anime forum). Most people are going to ref the damage dealt a little differently, but the fact is that the poison damage incurred from Toxic always increases throughout the battle.

Claiming not to know, and not knowing, are no excuses. If you were unsure how Toxic was to be reffed, then you should've been to the Attack List.

TML and Vermillion battled and reffed (respectively) a legitimate battle.

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey

Darth Skrusti
10th February 2006, 04:33 PM
I never said it wasn't a legitimate battle. It was powerful, but not *this* powerful. Toxic, at the least, should take a few rounds to go into effect. =/ Seriously, I just think it should be changed. *shrugs* that's my opinion, sorry for having one.