PDA

View Full Version : Death Row Inmate Walks Out Of Houston Jail

mr_pikachu
5th November 2005, 02:36 PM
Officials 'Embarrassed' by Inmate Escape (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051105/ap_on_re_us/death_row_escape_7)

Wow. Now that's scary. A guy who's been sentenced to death (twice!) for multiple murders just walks right out the front door of the jail, and nobody stops him. That's just unbelieveable. Embarrassed is hardly the word I'd use. My version, though, includes many expletives, so I'll spare you that. :P

Thoughts on this complete failure in prison security?

VirtualPlay
5th November 2005, 02:47 PM
*reads* *reads again*

...what? wait, what? wait...wait...WHAT?? :eek:

Oh man, I knew there were some stupid people in/from Texas (note: SOME), but I didn't think they'd be THIS stupid.

I'll be over here...praising my sanity...I'll be back later, maybe...

Roy Karrde
5th November 2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah it is scary since I have some relatives that live in Harris county. Anyway from what all the news stations in the DFW are saying, the guy got some Civilian Clothes and placed tape over his State issued ID badge that is given to all Death Row inmates and walked out of the prison. Most likely the guy is in Mexico now I mean Harris isnt that far from Mexico. Atleast hopefully he isnt coming to the DFW area :(

Knight of Time
5th November 2005, 07:03 PM
I've been hearing this on Nancy Grace for a few days (FYI guys, I watch this show often, seeing what happens in crime related stories, simply b/c it tends to bring back memories of my high school law class I had in the 12th grade). That guy ought to be ashamed of himself for breaking out of death row. If he is caught (in my book, justice should ALWAYS be served), he deserves to die, period. Any of you guys agree with me here?

Edit: Nothing but a spelling typo...

mr_pikachu
5th November 2005, 08:01 PM
I've been hearing this on Nancy Grace for a few days (FYI guys, I watch this show often, seeing what happens in crime related stories, simply b/c it tends to bring back memories of my high school law class I had in the 12th grade). That guy ought to be ashamed of himself for breaking out of death row. If he is caught (in my book, justice should ALWAYS be served), he deserves to die, period. Any of you guys agree with me here?

Edit: Nothing but a spelling typo...

Not that I disagree with you, Kyle, but I would hope he'd be more ashamed for killing two people. Then again, who knows what goes through the mind of a guy like this?

I've known about it for a few days, myself, but I just waited to see if someone else wanted to post this news story. Figured it might have been ridiculous enough to catch someone's attention enough to prompt a post. And when that didn't happen, well, this topic was created.

In a new development, there's now a nationwide search for Thompson, according to this article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051106/ap_on_re_us/death_row_escape;_ylt=AiSMrJ_lfDi2jmIsQoKhSPKs0NUE ;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--).

They seriously need to improve their ID badges at this prison. You put a piece of tape over the part that says you're an inmate, and it looks like you're a legit visitor? What the heck? This was just a complete collapse by the prison staff as a whole. Let's just hope this guy doesn't kill or injure anyone else before (if?) he's rounded up.

Agent Elrond
6th November 2005, 05:12 PM
... And meanwhile inmates all over the country are going, "Dang! That sonofa**** stole my idea!!!!"

Jesus, that is rather... disturbing. Not only the fact that a convicted murderer could waltz out of a prison like that (didn't ANYBODY recognize him?), but the chilling resemblance it bears to the kind of things that happen in 8-bit Theatre... or RedVSBlue.

...I think I want to go hide behind Sheila.

Crazy
6th November 2005, 06:30 PM
... And meanwhile inmates all over the country are going, "Dang! That sonofa**** stole my idea!!!!"

Jesus, that is rather... disturbing. Not only the fact that a convicted murderer could waltz out of a prison like that (didn't ANYBODY recognize him?), but the chilling resemblance it bears to the kind of things that happen in 8-bit Theatre... or RedVSBlue.

...I think I want to go hide behind Sheila.

Speaking of Red Vs. Blue "I can't live out there, I'm all instatutionalized and ****!". I believe I had a spelling error, but you know what I'm talking about.

.hacker
6th November 2005, 07:08 PM
That's insane for an death row inmate to just walk out without being caught!

What worries me is that here in Tulsa last week, some inmates managed to escape as well! >_>

I think we need to revamp the prison system. Maybe we should reopen Alcatraz... :rolleyes: But seriously, we need to build prison systems that if an inmate manages to escape that he can't get back into the public (Alcatraz solved this problem).

mr_pikachu
6th November 2005, 10:48 PM
Death Row Inmate Captured in Louisiana (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051107/ap_on_re_us/death_row_escape)

The guy was finally nabbed. Thank you, alcohol, as the guy's intoxication likely made it a lot easier to rein him in. He was talking on a pay phone when he was recaptured.

This is a massive embarrassment for the entire prison. Hopefully they'll get their act together after this.

Magmar
7th November 2005, 08:13 AM
*waves wand* Ship 'em all to Azkaban.

homeofmew
11th November 2005, 08:41 AM
wtf. wtf. not all Houston people are this stupid.

Kris
13th November 2005, 03:40 PM
This is rather freaky, but at least they got him back!

mr_pikachu
26th November 2005, 03:09 AM
This is pathetic... if you thought one guy escaping from a maximum security jail was bad, multiply that figure by nine (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051126/ap_on_re_us/jail_escape) and see how shocked you get. Yeah, that's right. Nine inmates escaped from a Washington D.C. maximum security jail yesterday. Five were recaptured before they could leave the jail grounds, but the other four, sadly, are still at large.

So I guess the question now is, "Which is worse?" Pick your poison - one death row inmate at large or four maximum security prisoners roaming among us?

Drago
26th November 2005, 11:20 PM
wtf. wtf. not all Houston people are this stupid.

Nah, just the Texans fans. :D

Anyway, it is quite a disturbing notion that there's four maximum security prisoners trekking about, but in actuality, I'm sure there's plenty of unreported prison escapees that are still at large. If it makes you feel any better, there's bound to be hundreds of prisoners running about! On the plus side, that way it won't be quite so hard to find them. There's plenty to choose from.

Why not do it the old fashioned way and just ship your convicts to Australia? I'm sure we wouldn't notice. :heh:
...And might I say, that Texans joke wasn't worth the effort. It took me twenty friggin' minutes to figure out the fancy new quote code. Oh look, there's an insert quote option... Spiffy.

ampharos ewe
27th November 2005, 09:44 PM
Prisons, like all human-run institutions, are prone to human error. This however is just embarrassing. On a side note, most of the death row executions in the US take place in Texas...