PDA

View Full Version : Game: Axis Mundi *SIGNUPS!*

Magmar
5th November 2005, 03:35 PM
I just wanted to say first off, that I'm not going to not approve you.

Formerly known as The Werewolf Game, this is a complex interactive strategy game where two teams of players eliminate each other by voting on who the "werewolves", or, more generally, killers, are in their village. The object of the game is either for the Villagers to eliminate all killers before they slay the Villagers overnight. Vice versa, the killers want to eliminate all of the villagers and take over the town.

This round, however, we are going to be playing a slightly different version. We will be playing against shape-shifters, and the rules aren't too variant from the Werewolf game--in fact, they aren't difficult at all! Anyone can play. The logic might be a bit advanced for the youngins' but we've established that even 12 year olds can play and be successful (Zcade0). This is a fun game that encourages player to player interaction, and nobody has ever quit the game due to not liking it! :) But first of all, here's our general rules.

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

It is requested by the host that non-participants do not reply in the game thread from when the round begins until the round is over, Plantae excepted. For now, general discussion about the game and rules is permitted.

Apparently Plantae's webpage is back up. Probably was just randomly down due to server issues before, but thanks anyway, Charizard. The rules are here: http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/am.htm .

Anybody who is interested in playing, apply here!

Currently playing:
(Magmar: Host)
Dark-San
Zcade0
Green Lanturn
Plantae
Vulpix.ck87
Tainted
Weasel Overlord
Kris

Due to the nature of having to sign-up for this game, I am going to leave signups open until we have 12 participants. If you know anyone who's interested, have them sign up even at TPM just to play! It should be interesting!

As always, beware of players using logical deduction from previous rounds. All roles are chosen at random.

Plantae
5th November 2005, 06:49 PM
This is the post with the rules: http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=43091.msg609581#msg609581. Welcome.

Green Lanturn
5th November 2005, 10:57 PM
Well, I dont plan on leaving this game. So yeah, I guess Im signing up once again.

~GL

Vulpix.ck87
6th November 2005, 11:40 AM
I will partake ^^

Charizard04621
6th November 2005, 02:26 PM
Erk, you weren't supposed to call it The Werewolf Game, you were supposed to just call it Axis Mundi. The way you have it, people see that it's Round 7 of something and are no longer interested in checking out something new... Besides, it is no longer The Werewolf Game; Plantae specifically said that it should now, for all means and purposes, be called Axis Mundi. Just like that, not in quotation marks.

[EDIT]: http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/am.htm seems to be up to me. I suggest you revise your first post, as the general rules no longer apply.

Tainted
6th November 2005, 05:07 PM
Put me in coach, put me in!

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Weasel Overlord
6th November 2005, 06:52 PM
Count me in!

Kris
7th November 2005, 11:41 AM
If this is gonna be like the other games (simliar system) then Im in.

I like the werwolf game!

Zcade0
9th November 2005, 06:07 PM
Cheep shot at us 12 year olds!! anyway, you already know I'm in, I just wanted to say these new rules will be interesting. I'm happy I revived this :)

Yero Thropp
10th November 2005, 01:44 AM
This should be interesting... btw Plantae, I love the plug about beware of the logic people you had at the end of the rules ;). Yeah, that was not smart on my part......

Count me in this game.

-Alex

Dark-San
10th November 2005, 08:17 AM
Cheep shot at us 12 year olds!!

[b][size=3] Cheap shot? What cheap shot? *Confused*

Great we have 8 players now, if we include Yero Thropp. Another 4 more players and we should really get this game going.

Magmar
11th November 2005, 09:08 AM
We need 4 more. Ask your friends to join, if everyone asks ONE friend, we'll have 16 participants, which could get messy but possibly fun.

Plantae
13th November 2005, 09:06 PM
Turns out I do have time again. I will gladly play this game.

Magmar
15th November 2005, 08:45 AM
Most excellent! Only three more spaces left to fill and all are welcome to participate!

Plantae
21st November 2005, 09:51 PM
You can actually assume Leon-IH and Sesshomaru again. I cannot guarantee either of them will play, but I have gotten in contact with the both of them. Everyone else, please ask anyone that you think might have the smallest chance of being interested.

Plantae
23rd November 2005, 12:24 PM
You might want to note that I have gotten obsessive-compulsive again and changed the name of the rules page on accident.

http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
23rd November 2005, 12:34 PM
I need a distraction from VV slash...
*waves*
I'd like to join please?

Magmar
23rd November 2005, 04:06 PM
Of course ! And I'll send them PM's right away.

Weasel Overlord
27th November 2005, 12:26 PM
When are we starting?? Kirurin wants to begin!! She's tired of waiting...*Weasel has decided to talk in the third person today, and wishes to be addressed as Kirurin...*

Plantae
27th November 2005, 12:51 PM
It should be starting. The list on the first post is incorrect. It should appear as thus:

Currently Playing
Dark-San
Zcade0
Green Lanturn
Vulpix.ck87
Tainted
Weasel Overlord
Kris
Yero Thropp
Plantae
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Leon-IH
Sesshomaru

Twelve is enough players.

Magmar
30th November 2005, 09:14 PM
Most excellent! I apologize for the bit of wait, I had URGENT matters to attend to, and had ZERO way of contacting you guys. This game will begin on Friday the 2nd of December. Roles will be assigned on that day, which will be the morning, Eastern time. Thank you, Plantae.

Magmar
2nd December 2005, 09:17 PM
Plantae, your webpage with the rules is down again. Please PM me a link with the rules or something, or IM me on AIM, you can reach me at Elysion Antiyou on AIM. I'm ready to start the game, once this works..

Weasel Overlord
5th December 2005, 03:08 AM
Dude, the link is working now...

Yero Thropp
6th December 2005, 05:20 AM
*whistles* Can't wait for this to start...

Plantae
15th December 2005, 07:02 PM
I have lost patience, though considering how long he has been absent, Magmar probably has an important reason for being absent.

As it is, I will place Magmar on the player list and host this game myself if he does not return to it by December 17th.

Zcade0
16th December 2005, 08:53 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been waiting forever!!!!!!! Tomorrow we start then
Luck all!

Magmar
17th December 2005, 06:24 PM
Thank you for acting up, Plantae. I'd been horridly busy with final examinations at the college, and taking the Internet break was well worth it. I was failing a class and brought the grade up 20 points! Now I have a solid C and should be fine.

Plantae
17th December 2005, 06:25 PM
You may host next game, but the thread for the first is already complete, and shall be posted soon after this. I just wanted to get this starting before the holidays hit (entirely).

Magmar
18th December 2005, 02:11 PM
I understand. I had not foreseen a 4 week lull between rounds. I tried to enourage participation as muhc as I could, but we're lucky if we have 12 active members on these forums these days.