PDA

View Full Version : TheBlueAvenger vs Darth Skrusti (Ref: Asayake)

The Blue Avenger
8th November 2005, 07:34 PM
Okay, I'm looking for a new battle. I welcome any and all challengers.

-RULES-
Pokemon: 2 per side, both out at the same time
DQ: 1 week
Banned moves: Recovery (ie Recover, not Giga Drain), Substitute, Attract
Damage: To shake things up, all Pokemon will receive double the damage! (Damage caps, if applicable, still apply.)
Arena: Creepy Steeple
Description: This is basically a very large, gothic steeple. The Pokemon battle in a very large room - large enough to fit any Pokemon comfortably. A stained glass window in the background depicts an ominous ghost. There are two platforms running along the sides of the room towards the top, but only Flying Pokemon, Pokemon with Bounce, and so on can make it up there. Every so often, Boos (small white round ghosts) will come around and attack a Pokemon by scaring it. Also, Duplighosts (basically the stereotypical picture of ghosts - a white sheet with eyes, a mouth, feet, and a party hat) will sometimes transform into one of the Pokemon and battle alongside it for one round. Ground shaking moves are ineffective, as are moves involving a body of water. However, moves involving dirt (Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, Mud Slap) are okay due to the place being really dusty.
Weather: No.

I'll send out my Pokemon first, you attack first. I'll use Numeron and Sedgewick, my male Exeggcute and male shiny Koffing, respectively.

Pichu Luver
8th November 2005, 08:28 PM
[font=garamond]I'll ref this for you if that's ok. ^^ Heh, now all you need is a battler.

The Blue Avenger
8th November 2005, 08:31 PM
Heh, thanks. That's perfectly okay with me.

Darth Skrusti
9th November 2005, 12:06 AM
Sure, why not. I'll be using:

(Mudkip) (Male)
(Kip)

(Treecko) (Female)
(Hemlok)

Hemlok, start out with a Flash attack. Blind them.

Kip, whilst he is blinding them, use a Double Team. Make sure to mix yourself in with the Clones, that way the flash will cover up which one you actually are.

Next, Hemlok, use a Dragonbreath on the Exeggcute. Burn baby burn.

Kip, stay away from that Exeggcute and perform your best Ice Beam on Koffing.

Finally, Hemlok, use a Leech Seed on Koffing.

Kip, make sure that Exeggcute doesn't interfere with a devastating Toxic in its faces!

Hemlok: Flash~Dragonbreath~Leech Seed

Kip: Double Team~Ice Beam~Toxic

The Blue Avenger
9th November 2005, 05:30 AM
Numeron, start things off by closing your eyes. Then put up a Safeguard. Finally, spit up a Sludge Bomb straight to Hemlok.

Close eyes ~ Safeguard ~ Sludge Bomb (Hemlok)

Sedgewick, use a couple of Shock Waves on Kip. Then Protect yourself.

Shock Wave x2 (Kip) ~ Protect

Pichu Luver
11th November 2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry for the delay, I had a lot of assignments due this week. Um, the damage cap will be 35% all right? So let boogie!

-~*TheBlueAvenger VS Darth Skrusti*~-

Round One
---------******---------

Arena: Creepy Gothic Steeple

Pokémon

Numeron Exeggcute http://fanviews.com/forum/style_images/1/male.gif
Trained by: TheBlueAvenger
HP:100%
-:Attacks:-
Close Eyes/Safeguard/Sludge Bomb

Sedgewick [font=papyrus] Koffing http://fanviews.com/forum/style_images/1/male.gif
Shock Wave/Shock Wave/Protect

~~~~~

Kip Mudkip http://fanviews.com/forum/style_images/1/male.gif
Trained by: Darth Skrusti
Double Team/Ice Beam/Toxic

Hemlok Treecko http://fanviews.com/forum/style_images/1/female.gif
Flash/Dragonbreath/Leech Seed

------******------

The two trainers and I climbed up the stairs to the arena. I wondered how TheBlueAvenger had ever convinced me to ref this battle. This had to be by far the creepiest place I had ever been too. I wanted to look over my shoulder; I kept seeing things out of the corner of my eyes. I sighed and continued up the stairs, the trainers in my wake.

I opened the door to the top of the steeple with a long and pronounced creak. I shivered; this was just not a pleasant place to be. The stained glass wasn't even friendly. There was ghost in it, but it was made of a weird type of glass. So in certain positions in appeared to fade out. In others it changed shape. It was slightly interesting, but it had to be one messed up person to design that. Along the top of the steeple ran two platforms. What use they may have had I didn't know. Either way it'd be hard to get up there now.

The two trainers, TheBlueAvenger and Darth Skrusti each walked to their separate sides of the room. It was covered in think layers of dust and as they walked, little puffs of it appeared behind them. Darth Skrusti was a little hunched over; I could tell he was as creeped as I was. TheBlueAvenger was walking with his head held high, but his eyes darting every which way. Guess he was trying to defend his choice of a battle arena.

"Alright trainers, welcome to this double battle. The rules I will state in a second, but first, why TheBlueAvenger did you choose here to have a battle?"

He shrugged, "I thought it would be cool." he had the grace to grimace as he looked around again.

"Yeah, cool as in shiver down your spine." I mumbled but went on, "Anyway there shall be no recovery moves, Substitute or Attract ok? Also weather attacks will not work in here. Finally," I tossed two sets of bars to the trainers, "There will be double damage for all Pokémon involved alright? So, to put those on them, lightly hit them around an appendage and it will curl and attach around ok? "They nodded, and I finished with, "Alright! Let the battle begin! TheBlueAvenger choose first!"

" I'll use Numeron and Sedgewick." he said and tossed a Safari Ball and Great Ball. The two balls burst open and out appeared a male Exeggcute and a male shiny Koffing. I blinked in surprise; it was certainly interesting to look at. With a bluish type of teal, it looked even more poisonous then usual.

Darth Skrusti nodded to himself and then tossed in two Pokéballs. "I'll be using Kip and Hemlok," he said. The Pokéballs burst open and out appeared a male Mudkip and female Treecko. Both trainers walked up to their Pokémon and snapped on the bracelets, Numeron around one of the eggs, and Sedgewick around his entire form. Darth Skrusti attached his around Kip's head fin and Hemok's right arm.

Darth Skrusti called out from back at his side, "Hemlok, start out with a Flash attack. Blind them. Kip, whilst he is blinding them, use a Double Team. Make sure to mix yourself in with the Clones, that way the flash will cover up which one you actually are. Next, Hemlok, use a Dragonbreath on the Exeggcute. Burn baby burn. Kip, stay away from that Exeggcute and perform your best Ice Beam on Koffing. Finally, Hemlok, use a Leech Seed on Koffing. Kip, make sure that Exeggcute doesn't interfere with a devastating Toxic in its faces!"

TheBlueAvenger put a hand to his mouth thinking for a second before replying, " Numeron, start things off by closing your eyes. Then put up a Safeguard. Finally, spit up a Sludge Bomb straight to Hemlok. Sedgewick, use a couple of Shock Waves on Kip. Then Protect yourself."

I blinked in surprise; I thought the creepiness of this place must have been getting to their heads. They had both had uttered attacks their Pokémon could not do, or not do they way they wanted.

Hemlok started things off with a Flash, but since Flash can only attack one Pokémon at a time, Hemlok merely let of a rather bright glow, but did not harm either Pokémon on TheBlueAvenger's side. Numeron however followed it trainer's instructions and closed its eyes in vain.

Kip meanwhile had been making doubles of himself and now there was four of him staring Numeron and Sedgewick. Sedgewick meanwhile let's loose a Shock Wave. The Shock Wave rips through Kip's doubles and dissolves them all but he, thankfully, has missed the first assault.

Hemlock starts off the second set of attacks by sucking in a great deal of air and then opening her mouth wide, exhales a pinkish red energy at Numeron. Numeron tries to set up a Safeguard to protect himself, but only results in causing himself a headache before the Dragonbreath slams him. They slide backward a few feet and they look a little dizzy. The band glows around one egg and they grimace in pain.

Kip and Sedgewick continue beating upon each other, Kip letting loose an Ice beam at Sedgewick, and Sedgewick in return firing another Shockwave. Both attacks stream toward the other, the Shock Wave ripping through Kip and the Ice Beam slamming into Sedgewick. Kip cries out in pain and falls to the ground, band glowing. Sedgewock is blown backwards and grunts as the attack hits him. When finished he had ice attached to all his bumps, the bottom ones forming icicles. The band glows, adding damage.

For the final set Hemlock is the first again to set off an attack, and lets fly a Leech Seed at Sedgewock. The Koffing meanwhile calls up a Protect and the Seed bounces harmlessly off of it. Hemlok looks disappointed but it soon smacked by a horrible gooey mess of a Sudge Bomb, curtsey of Numeron. She groans and goes down on one knee, her armlet glowing brightly. The eggs grin but Hemlok get her retaliation via Kip, as he drops a Toxic attack over the eggs. The eggs shake it off, but the attack has done its work and it starts to work it way into their systems.

I was satisfied with the first round when I noticed glowing balls starting to appear, and luminescent shapes on the edge of my vision. The two trainers notice this as well and they look as nervous as I feel. Apparently we had awaked some of the residences calling this place home.

---------******---------

Pokémon

HP:92%

Sedgewick [font=papyrus] Koffing http://fanviews.com/forum/style_images/1/male.gif
HP:87%

~~~~~

HP:84%

HP:76%

[font=garamond]EDIT:Uh sorry, TheBlueAvenger posts attacks first

The Blue Avenger
11th November 2005, 09:09 PM
Aw man, I forgot Exeggcute couldn't learn Safeguard...

Ah well. Such is life. Numeron, I want you to use our special Bomb Voyage combo (Egg Bomb + Barrage)! Try and nail Kip. Then, see if you can't Hypnosis Hemlok. However, if Hemlok has put up a Safeguard, blast him with a Psychic instead.

Bomb Voyage (Kip) ~ Hypnosis/Psychic (Hemlok)

Sedgewick, thaw yourself first with a Flamethrower. Aim at Hemlok. Then I want you to throw a Sludge Bomb at him as well. Finally, attack Kip with a Thunderbolt.

Flamethrower (Hemlok) ~ Sludge Bomb (Hemlok) ~ Thunderbolt (Kip)

Darth Skrusti
12th November 2005, 11:57 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't consider their moves when I ordered yours.

Kip: Muuud! Kiiiip!

Hemlok: Treecko!

But this time, we've got them!

Kip, he wants to barrage you with Egg Bombs? Let him. Then, run up to the egg thing and tak out your Frustration on it. Show it that hurting you is a *very* bad idea. Make sure you let out what pent up rage you have stored, and after taking those hits, you should have a lot! Then, blast the thing with a point-blank Ice Beam. Use your anger to fuel your attacks! Finally, end your turn with a Mirror Coat, after Sedgewick blasts you with Thunderbolt. He should take...lets see...8x the damage he normally would take!

Frustration (Numeron, after "Bomb Voyage"), Ice Beam (Numeron, point-blank), Mirror Coat (get blasted by Thunderbolt, then send the damage right back at Sedgewick)

Hemlok, you need to stay away from getting hurt this round. Use an Aerial Ace, get out of the way of the Flamethrower and stay away from the Sludge Bomb. Then, when Numeron uses his Hypnosis, Screech to make it stop concentrating. If you're still awake, then end the match with a Leech Seed to Sedgewick. Time to start gaining energy back!

Aerial Ace (Stay away from Flamethrower/Sludge Bomb), Screech (Stop Numeron's Hypnosis concentration.), Leech Seed (Sedgewick).

Kip: Muuuuuuuuuuuudkiiiiiiiiiip!

Hemlok: Tree...KO!

Pichu Luver
18th November 2005, 08:29 PM

Round Two
---------******---------

Arena: Creepy Gothic Steeple-Ghosties are now making themselves known

Pokémon

HP:92%
Bomb Voyage/Hypnosis or Psychic

Sedgewick [font=sylfaen] Koffing http://fanviews.com/forum/style_images/1/male.gif
HP:87%
Flamethrower/Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt

~~~~~

HP:84%
Frustration/Ice Beam/Mirror Coat

HP:76%
Aerial Ace/Screech/Leech Seed

------******------

This round starts off with everyone very creeped out with the just visible forms floating around the edges of the battle. I hope that since I am a lowly ref I will be left out on any mischievous acts they might do. The trainers start to shout out their attacks however and I am forced to turn my attention to them.

” Aw man, I forgot Exeggcute couldn't learn Safeguard...”mumbles TheBlueAvenger to himself. “Ah well. Such is life. Numeron, I want you to use our special Bomb Voyage combo (Egg Bomb + Barrage)! Try and nail Kip. Then, see if you can't Hypnosis Hemlok. However, if Hemlok has put up a Safeguard, blast him with a Psychic instead.” He then turns his attention to Sedgewick, “Sedgewick, thaw yourself first with a Flamethrower. Aim at Hemlok. Then I want you to throw a Sludge Bomb at him as well. Finally, attack Kip with a Thunderbolt.” Hemlok looks slightly offended by being called a he, twice.

“Sorry guys, I didn't consider their moves when I ordered yours,” says Darth Skrusti, apologizing to his Pokémon. Kip and Hemlok cry out, signalling all is ok, he smiles and nods saying confidently, “But this time, we've got them! Kip, he wants to barrage you with Egg Bombs? Let him. Then, run up to the egg thing and tak out your Frustration on it. Show it that hurting you is a *very* bad idea. Make sure you let out what pent up rage you have stored, and after taking those hits, you should have a lot! Then, blast the thing with a point-blank Ice Beam. Use your anger to fuel your attacks! Finally, end your turn with a Mirror Coat, after Sedgewick blasts you with Thunderbolt. He should take...lets see...8x the damage he normally would take!” Darth Skrusti’s Pokémon call out to him, agreeing to his plan.

He turns his attention Hemlok next, “Hemlok, you need to stay away from getting hurt this round. Use an Aerial Ace, get out of the way of the Flamethrower and stay away from the Sludge Bomb. Then, when Numeron uses his Hypnosis, Screech to make it stop concentrating. If you're still awake, then end the match with a Leech Seed to Sedgewick. Time to start gaining energy back!”

Hemlok starts off with a speedy Aerial Ace attack, narrowly avoiding the Flamethrower sent out by Sedgewick. He does succeed with melting most of the ice off however. Numeron meanwhile is concentrating on his attack, making multiple Egg Bombs, Kip is watching and waiting to get hit. Numeron finished his attack and let’s fly with multiple Egg Bombs, all exploding around Kip. He cries out in pain, but he uses it. When the bombs are finished he painstakingly gets to his feet and charges at Numeron, gaining speed. All his anger is focused into his attack as he slams Numeron with a strong Frustration.

Numeron is resting after his arduous Bomb Voyage and Kip gets his revenge by point black slamming him with an Ice Beam. Numeron takes great damage and it frozen to the floor, the eggs showing various faces of pain. Hemlock Screeches to no avail, as the eggs can’t really hear her in their encasing of ice. Sedgewick is about to blast a Sludge Bomb at Hemlok when a small white light flies in front of him. I must assume it made some kind of scary face or whatnot, because it scared the bejeezes out of him, and he was unable to perform his attack.

Numeron is frozen to the floor and is unable to perform any attacks whatsoever. Hemlok however spits out a Leech Seed at Sedgewick and it latches on to him. It starts to send back energy and Hemlok will soon start feeling better. Sedgewick meanwhile is paying no attention to this as he lets fly a Thunderbolt at Kip. Kip screams in pain, but it nothing like what Sedgewick feels in the next few seconds. Kip performs a Mirror Coat and Sedgewick reels in shock from the stupendous attack. Numeron also takes some poison damage.

---------******---------

Pokémon

HP: 40%

Sedgewick Koffing http://fanviews.com/forum/style_images/1/male.gif
HP: 47%

~~~~~

HP: 36%

HP: 79%

Ouch man, Darth Skrusti posts attacks first.

Darth Skrusti
18th November 2005, 09:41 PM
OOC: Ok, I'm finally shifting into my Sith routine >> Fear me.

Good job guys! Kip, I'm sorry you had to get so hurt, but remember this, you've made your opponent feel the damage alot more than you have! Now, for this rounds attacks..." Darth Skrusti trailed off. He wasn't about to let these ghosts scare him. He was a Sith Lord!

Kip, since that Exeggcute is frozen stiff, concentrate your attacks on...Sedgewick...I think that's its name. First of all, start out with a Double Team, make a grand clone army for yourself. Then, fire your blasters with a Water Pulse. Then, end this round with a Secret Power. Use the Force!

Double Team ~ Water Pulse ~ Secret Power

Subs: Use Ice Beam again on the Exeggcute if it becomes unfrozen. hooray =o If it uses Shockwave to try to destory your clone army, Protect against it. Mirror Coat any Special attacks back.

Your turn Hemlok! Start this round with your Force Valor (Safegaurd). Then, dredge up your Hidden Power. The Force will guide the elements! Then, end this round with your Force Speed (Agility)

Safegaurd ~ Hidden Power ~ Agility

Subs: If he tries to fry you with a Flamethrower, or smash you with a Sludge Bomb, perform your Agility instead of the action you would have used at the time to get out of the way, and then continue your assault. If you use Agility before your final move, then your final move shall be a Rock Tomb

The Blue Avenger
18th November 2005, 09:55 PM
Heh heh heh... Numeron, our foe has underestimated us. Teleport out of the ice! Take as long as you need. Once you get out, lure the real Kip into attacking with Swagger. Once he does, nail him with a Sludge Bomb.

Teleport ~ Swagger (Kip) ~ Sludge Bomb (Kip)

Sedgewick, start things off with a Pain Split on Hemlok. Then, Protect against the double attacks coming your way. Finally, Shock Wave Hemlok - its speed won't help it much against that!

Darth Skrusti
22nd November 2005, 10:05 AM
I was under the impression that frozen Pokémon couldn't perform actions o0

Anyway...*pokes back to the first page* there we are.

The Blue Avenger
22nd November 2005, 04:36 PM
I'm unclear on that myself. If they can, well, there you go. If they can't, then Numeron's just gonna be taking a beating. >_>

Chris 2.1
23rd November 2005, 08:58 AM
It depends if Numeron is encased in a block of ice, or simply has a layer of ice over its 'body'. Ifit is the latter, it could move and perform attacks albeit slowly and perhaps with slightly less power.

Up to the ref.

Darth Skrusti
23rd November 2005, 10:16 AM
Numeron is frozen to the floor and is unable to perform any attacks whatsoever.

^ Taken straight from the reffing...so I'm quite unsure *blinks*...I assume it wouldn't be able to teleport from the ice freezing it to the floor?

The Blue Avenger
23rd November 2005, 10:26 AM
Well, whatever happens, happens. It's really up to Asayake.

Pichu Luver
23rd November 2005, 07:36 PM
With Numeron, because it was a point blank Ice Beam, I said he was frozen to the floor. Therefore he can't move, unless he is freed somehow, sorry TheBlueAvenger.

Round Three
---------******---------

Arena: Creepy Gothic Steeple-Ghosties are now making themselves known

Pokémon

HP: 40%
Teleport/Swagger/Sludge Bomb

Sedgewick [font=sylfaen] Koffing http://fanviews.com/forum/style_images/1/male.gif
Pain Split/Protect/Shock Wave

~~~~~

Double Team/Water Pulse/Secret Power
Subs: Ice Beam, Protect, Mirror Coat

HP: 79%
Safeguard/Hidden Power/Agility
Subs: Agility, Rock Tomb

------******------

Darth Skrusti starts this round by saying, "Good job guys! Kip, I'm sorry you had to get so hurt, but remember this; you've made your opponent feel the damage a lot more than you have! Now, for this rounds attacks..." Darth Skrusti trailed off. He looked frightened for a second but then stiffened his resolve. "Kip, since that Exeggcute is frozen stiff, concentrate your attacks on...Sedgewick...I think that's its name. First of all, start out with a Double Team, make a grand clone army for yourself. Then, fire your blasters with a Water Pulse. Then, end this round with a Secret Power. Use the Force! Use Ice Beam again on the Exeggcute if it becomes unfrozen. Hooray!" Darth Skrusti is apparently veryhappy the Exeggcute is frozen stiff. If it uses Shockwave to try to destroy your clone army, Protect against it. Mirror Coat any Special attacks back."

He turned to Hemlok, just a jubilant, "Your turn Hemlok! Start this round with your Force Valor. Then, dredge up your Hidden Power. The Force will guide the elements! Then, end this round with your Force Speed. If he tries to fry you with a Flamethrower, or smash you with a Sludge Bomb, perform your Agility instead of the action you would have used at the time to get out of the way, and then continue your assault. If you use Agility before your final move, then your final move shall be a Rock Tomb"

"Halt!" I cried out. Darth Skrusti jumped and looked at me eyes wide. TheBlueAvenger raised his eyebrows. "Hidden Power is an illegal move, I'm sorry but you cannot use it." Darth Krusti looked disappointed but nodded. I nodded to TheBlueAvenger to state his attacks.

"Heh heh heh... Numeron, our foe has underestimated us. Teleport out of the ice!" I raised an eyebrow but said nothing. "Take as long as you need. Once you get out, lure the real Kip into attacking with Swagger. Once he does, nail him with a Sludge Bomb. Sedgewick, start things off with a Pain Split on Hemlok. Then, Protect against the double attacks coming your way. Finally, Shock Wave Hemlok - its speed won't help it much against that!"

Poor, poor Numeron is stuck in the ice and can't get out. He is forced to sit there as the battle goes on around him. Meanwhile Hemlok is setting up a Safeguard to protect herself against any nasty status ailments. While she is doing this Sedgewick sends a barely perceivable thread and raps onto her arm. He studies her health for a moment. He then gives a great mental tug and yanks away some HP from Hemlok. She gasps and goes down on one knee. During this Kip had had made a couple doubles of himself.

This set has Hemlok sitting one round out, but she does get bit of break and regains some energy. Kip fires a Water Pulse at Sedgewick but he simply puts up a Protect attack and takes no damage.

The final set has Hemlok speeding around, gaining speed. Kip fires a Secret Power at Sedgewick and he takes good damage. Sedgewick ignores Kip and fires a Shock Wave at Hemlok. It does some damage but not overly much. This round ends with Numeron still locked in ice and suffering from poison. Sedgewick is also zapped by Leech Seed.

---------******---------

Pokémon

HP: 32%

~~~~~

HP: 65%

Dude I swear I did the same calculations as before with Sedgewick. O.o''' Weird, anyway, TheBlueAvenger posts attacks first.

The Blue Avenger
23rd November 2005, 08:44 PM
Ah man, sorry, Numeron. It was worth a shot.

Okay, Sedgewick, let's start by using a small Flamethrower to thaw Numeron. I mean small. Don't hurt him. Next, try a Fire Blast on Hemlok. Finally, go for Kip with a Shock Wave.

Flamethrower (thaw Numeron) ~ Fire Blast (Hemlok) ~ Kip (Shock Wave)

Numeron, wait until you get thawed. Then go for a Psychic towards Hemlok and then a Giga Drain towards Kip.

Wait ~ Psychic (Hemlok) ~ Giga Drain (Kip)

Pichu Luver
24th November 2005, 08:26 PM
[font=garamond] Darth Skrusti has said he will be away, and is willing to DQ because of it. TheBlueAvenger has a agreed to DQ. As such, since 3 Pokémon are below 55%, myself and TheBlueAvenger get 4 points and Darth Skrusti gets 2 points. It's to bad we couldn't finish, but on we go. Laterz!